PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 (only 10) snubs all

1st and goal
10-18-2016, 04:45 PM
I can understand most of them, but U of H and BYU??? Come on, that's just a few red and orange teams afraid of some competition.

Just like the old days when Texas kept UofH out of SWC as long as it could.

NastySlot
10-19-2016, 11:59 AM
This conference is a mess. IMO they messed up when adding West Virginia...too far from schools now and limits expansion west. No Market value. IMO I would have pushed for getting the Rockies Region- BYU, Colorado State, Boise State and Air Force.

with Boise and CSU not having baseball programs the conference could have added Dallas Baptist and Wichita State as baseball only schools.

hookandladder
10-20-2016, 06:12 AM
The Big 12 is run by Texas and OU, whatever they decide all others will follow. What need is there to bring schools in they help very little athletically and money wise, let it play out and if that means the end of the Big12 so be it. It's just the way it is now days, you have to look out for yourself. I am sure Texas and OU will have no problem finding a conference to play in if that ends up happening, the rest will have to figure it out on their own.

Macarthur
10-20-2016, 01:59 PM
The Big 12 is run by Texas and OU, whatever they decide all others will follow. What need is there to bring schools in they help very little athletically and money wise, let it play out and if that means the end of the Big12 so be it. It's just the way it is now days, you have to look out for yourself. I am sure Texas and OU will have no problem finding a conference to play in if that ends up happening, the rest will have to figure it out on their own.

This perfectly exemplifies the arrogance of UT and what will ultimately be the downfall of the conf. And the looking out for yourself comment is short sighted. The SEC doesn't think that way, and neither does the Big 10. THere is a reason why everyone in the country knows this is a joke and UT is the primary culprit.

1st and goal
10-20-2016, 09:46 PM
They snubbed U of H in the past, and now they snub them again.