PDA

View Full Version : A&M at Alabama.....Aggies might need a smooth stone and a slingshot

1st and goal
10-17-2016, 03:15 PM
After last Saturday's beat down of Tennessee by Alabama, it doesn't look good for the Aggies.

IMO, a big factor will be our run offense against their run defense. Whether or not A&M's Oline can make a lane or not and if T Knight's ability to read the D and tuck it and run....It will take the Aggies their best game yet if they want to have a chance. If A&M can get some good yards on 1st and 2nd down, not forcing 3rd and long, I believe they can move the ball. If we get there, and their D stuffs us and we turnover the ball, forgetaboutit.

Also, if Miles Garrett and Daeshon Hall are healthy and able to put pressure on QB Jalen Hurd (another displaced Texan), which will require they contain him, will be another big factor. Our Defense is so much improved over last year. The only frustration is when they can't seem to wrap up and tackle, like against Kamara the week before. That and playing the screen option plays tighter.

If it sounds like I'm rambling, it is because I am too fired up on sugar (had a piece of Italian cream cake)... :)

Macarthur
10-17-2016, 04:24 PM
I think A&M's defense can keep it close. I think it was herbie that mentioned this weekend that bama is susceptible to the pass. Of course, knight isn't exactly going to have a high % of completions so that is not good.

I think if A&M can have some success running the ball, I think they can catch bama cheating on play action. But if knight has to throw 30 times, the Aggies are going to be in big trouble.

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Aggies are gonna need a defensive td or a special teams td to have a chance. I don't think they can rely on the offense to score all the points.

Aggies will need to consistently win the field position battle and take care of the football. If they can do those, they have a chance. Bama is too good to give them short fields and turnovers.

Macarthur
10-17-2016, 10:38 PM
Aggies are gonna need a defensive td or a special teams td to have a chance. I don't think they can rely on the offense to score all the points.

Aggies will need to consistently win the field position battle and take care of the football. If they can do those, they have a chance. Bama is too good to give them short fields and turnovers.

Yeah, good points. One thing, herd is a young kid. He hasn't exactly been great passing, mainly because he hasn't had to. They might be able to force him into a mistake or two.

1st and goal
10-18-2016, 08:33 AM
The radio guys brought up the fact that Tennessee came into Kyle Field with 3 or 4 key players out and then they had 8 or so guys have to get helped off the field. So, they played Bama with many injuries at key positions.

They also talked about Bama not only having so many 5 star players, but having 5 star backup players.

I hope A&M is healed up.

I hope T Knight can keep mistakes to a bare minimum and has his best game yet as an Aggie.

I wished that Wisconsin would have knocked off Ohio State, and NC State would have knocked off Clemson...

pancho villa
10-18-2016, 09:30 AM
The radio guys brought up the fact that Tennessee came into Kyle Field with 3 or 4 key players out and then they had 8 or so guys have to get helped off the field. So, they played Bama with many injuries at key positions.

They also talked about Bama not only having so many 5 star players, but having 5 star backup players.

I hope A&M is healed up.

I hope T Knight can keep mistakes to a bare minimum and has his best game yet as an Aggie.

I wished that Wisconsin would have knocked off Ohio State, and NC State would have knocked off Clemson...

Don't worry if A&M beats Bama and wins out there in. Ohio St. and Michigan have to play each other.

1st and goal
10-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Bama is currently a 17 point favorite....The Aggies are using that for motivation. Hope the motivation does better than a 16 point loss.

They are saying the weather should be great.

Tejastrue
10-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Here's hoping for an Aggie win!. Yes I said that. Love Texas..hate Bama!

1st and goal
10-19-2016, 07:06 AM

I am flabbergasted!

hookandladder
10-20-2016, 06:16 AM

I will not go this far however I do like Knight and he has brought a lot to this team that has been missing from day one with Stumblin, If Garrett and Hall play well this could be a good game. I will be watching.

1st and goal
10-20-2016, 09:41 PM
I will not go this far however I do like Knight and he has brought a lot to this team that has been missing from day one with Stumblin, If Garrett and Hall play well this could be a good game. I will be watching.

I would've about had a heart attack if hooky was going to root for the Aggies....I would've even been nice enough to offer to teach him how to fish POC..(on his dime though). :)

regaleagle
10-21-2016, 02:45 AM
I'd be tickled maroon to see the Ags put it on Bama......but this is a very big game for the Tide this week in Tuscaloosa. I'm certain Coach Saban will have his troops geared up and even have a few wrinkles to throw at the Aggies. I just hope A&M is ready for the partisan crowd and the hype leading up to this matchup. It is a bigtime game, no doubt......millions will watch this one.

Macarthur
10-21-2016, 12:31 PM
I find it kind of amazing that there are so many, esp in the media, that give A&M zero chance. Bama did give up 43 points to Ole Miss.

I'm not saying A&M will win, but I think they def have a chance. Hurts is a true freshman and it stands to reason that he will have a game or two that he struggles. I think A&M's defense will want to bounce back from a sub-par performance against Tenn.

I just think any time you see so many folks taking something like this for granted, sports has a way of jolting everyone now and then.

bigcountry
10-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Roll Tide...

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Roll Tide...

Lol..... now there's a shocker. How are the horns doing?

hookandladder
10-22-2016, 07:54 AM
Lol..... now there's a shocker. How are the horns doing?

Hey saggy draws, how many years have your aggys been 5-0 and **** the bed the rest of the way. Here is your chance to actually be relivent in the sec, don't blow it.Lol

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Hey saggy draws, how many years have your aggys been 5-0 and **** the bed the rest of the way. Here is your chance to actually be relivent in the sec, don't blow it.Lol

Even if a&m loses, I would hardly call that blowing it and being irrelevant in the SEC. They already have 4 SEC wins....

Roughneck93
10-22-2016, 04:14 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/uM5sY0KB0bwHzOtkoYD_UT8iHiQ=/1400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7326307/bamasack.0.gif

Roughneck93
10-22-2016, 04:16 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7326331/bamatargeting.0.gif

Roughneck93
10-22-2016, 04:18 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/0ZVm1nePuiTdwW2h85jt3cpCIzU=/1400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7326411/34.0.gif

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Aggies hanging in there

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2016, 05:06 PM
That dumbass penalty leading to the TD is gonna come back to haunt us

Roughneck93
10-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Wow, what just happened?!

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2016, 05:29 PM
That went downhill quickly

bigcountry
10-22-2016, 06:15 PM
ROLL TIDE.... There is the Alabama program, and then everyone else. What a program of consistency. In a league by themselves. Hope our next coach gets us somewhere close to that type of program. We were the last Texas team to win a national championship & as usual, will have to be the next one to do it... just never see the aggy program getting there... you know..aggy gonna ag.

Macarthur
10-22-2016, 08:48 PM
The Aggie program is way ahead of UT right now.

Scoop27
10-22-2016, 11:03 PM
We'll have a new and better coach next season. Strong isn't the man

Saggy Aggie
10-23-2016, 10:13 AM
That dumbass penalty leading to the TD is gonna come back to haunt us

Turns out this was in fact a key play and started the chain of screw ups

Saggy Aggie
10-23-2016, 10:15 AM
ROLL TIDE.... There is the Alabama program, and then everyone else. What a program of consistency. In a league by themselves. Hope our next coach gets us somewhere close to that type of program. We were the last Texas team to win a national championship & as usual, will have to be the next one to do it... just never see the aggy program getting there... you know..aggy gonna ag.

The loudest talk comes from the cheapest seats. 3-4 with your best win coming over a 2-5 Notre Dame team...

bigcountry
10-23-2016, 01:38 PM
The loudest talk comes from the cheapest seats. 3-4 with your best win coming over a 2-5 Notre Dame team...

I guess you, the little ag, will get loud & proud from the sheep pen seats since you played Bama within 19. Collie Station... the Home of Morale Victories. Gag Em. Again, you had your shot yesterday to prove your worth on the national scene...didn't happen. Hadn't happened for you poor ags in forever. Aggy gonna ag. And again... ROLL DAMN TIDE!!

1st and goal
10-23-2016, 05:25 PM
haters gonna hate. You ain't got much to talk about orange wise.

Saggy Aggie
10-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Lol, as long as we don't talk about what the longhorns did your argument works nicely

hookandladder
10-24-2016, 06:19 AM
I think the aggys definitely got better this year with the recycled Big 12 QB, they played Bama as well as anyone other then the Hogs who got donkey stomped by Auburn. Just face the facts, It's Bama and everyone else. Is the sec really that good, I personally feel most teams in the sec are over rated except Bama. Any team can be beaten on any given night, just ask Ohio State and Houston. ATM played decent against Bama however the truth still remains, aggys still have not won anything and until you do you will always compare yourself to the Horns. Forget about Texas until the ship is right again and win something, set bigger goals for once.

NastySlot
10-24-2016, 12:01 PM
We'll have a new and better coach next season. Strong isn't the man

What makes you think this?