PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 7th 61 Ingrim 7th 0

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Way to go Bull Pups!

Football Guru 25
10-30-2003, 09:50 PM
61 - 0, damn, don't you know when to call the dawgs off on a 7th grade team. That is HORRIBLE.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Olddawg, did the A & B teams play together, like when we played them a couple of weeks ago? Do I remember correctly that your son is on the 7th A team? Guess I'll be in Burnet twice next week. I thought the score when we played at 50-0 was a lot, but you outdid us. Next week should be the best competition our boys have had so far.

therealbulldogs
10-30-2003, 09:57 PM
olddawggreen, what did you think of the offense that Ingram ran? I was in shock when we saw them. They're the only team in district that we have beat this year.

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 10:00 PM
I understand we tried to call the dogs off, they just kept putting the ball back in our hands. Yes LH mom, Our 7th A played the 1st half and B pretty much played the 2nd half. I wasn't there but the report I got was that our B put up 20 points in the second half. Yes my son is a receiver on A. Look forward to playing you guys next week. I will be in Burnet for the 7th and Liberty Hill for the JV next Thursday! Can't miss these games.

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 10:04 PM
I will get a better report later, my wife rushed back from Ingram in time to get in on the 2nd quater of the JV game. When she catches her breath I will get more info on the game.

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 10:09 PM
therealbulldogs:
olddawggreen, what did you think of the offense that Ingram ran? I was in shock when we saw them. They're the only team in district that we have beat this year.therealbulldogs, unfortuantly, Im sitting here in Decatur tonight and didn't get to make this one. But from what I have already heard, it sounds like they didn't have an offense.

therealbulldogs
10-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Well, I was just curious. They only have about 13 or 14 players and run shotgun most of the time throwing the ball a lot. The only 7th grade QB I've seen better than Ingram's was Wimberly's tonight. Both of them look like they will be very good in a few years.

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 10:22 PM
I agree, WimberLEY put it on our 7th A pretty good last week. I think we have a lot of talent in the district coming up the line over the next several years. Its going to be fun!

therealbulldogs
10-30-2003, 10:26 PM
I hope that Bandera get out of district 25 and goes back to 26. I think the competition is great but I don't know how much success Bandera will have in the future. From 7th grade to varsity this year all of the teams have lost district games except for when the 7th grade A team beat Ingram. It would be much better for the kids if they could go somewhere they can compete.

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 10:29 PM
What schools are in 26?

MARLINFAN
10-30-2003, 10:32 PM
I dont think a 7th grade team should not be allowed to put 61 points on a junior high team . it could ruin their confidence for the rest of the season

therealbulldogs
10-30-2003, 10:33 PM
La Vernia, Marion, Somerset, Lytle, Jourdanton, South San West Campus, and Poteet. When we were in that district from 2000-2002 Poteet and Jourdanton weren't in there.

olddog73
10-30-2003, 10:43 PM
MARLINFAN:
I dont think a 7th grade team should not be allowed to put 61 points on a junior high team . it could ruin their confidence for the rest of the seasonBasicly from what I understand, Burnet had two teams playing. They played their A team the first half who scored 51 points then they were pulled (Probably so as to not run up the score) and the 7th B was put in. These guys then got 10 points. The B team was the bad guys! wink :D

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

Chief Woodman
10-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Olddawg- Sorry that you could not see your son play tonight. You should have came to the Decatur freshman and JV games. Tou could have helped me doing the announcing during the games. Be careful going home.

olddawggreen
10-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Thanks Chief, I would have enjoyed that. Ive been sitting here getting updates on the phone while I watch my Texas State Univiversity football team get hammered by McNeese State on the tv. :confused: How many more Thursday night games do you guys have left? How did the guys do tonight?

BHS#1
10-31-2003, 12:31 AM
Football Guru 25:
61 - 0, damn, don't you know when to call the dawgs off on a 7th grade team. That is HORRIBLE.I know the Burnet Coaches didn't do this on purpose.

bd0707
10-31-2003, 09:12 AM
The halftime score was 26-0, To the poster who said they did not have much of an offense, well they did not have much of a defense either. Almost from they first play the Ingram kids were frustrated at each other and it just got worse. I saw one Ingram player being "talked" to through an entire play from their sideline. Does anyone know if other towns within 25-3a have Pop Warner programs? It is an essential when competing with towns that have programs established. Putting pads on 12 and 13 year olds for the first time is like asking the same kids to rehearse Hamlin for a week, while building the sets and then putting them on stage that Thursday night. Not practical

Jerry10ydCurl
10-31-2003, 09:29 AM
The Burnet coach even tried to just QB sneak the ball over and over and they still scored. This was not intentional.

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2003, 03:37 PM
bd0707:
The halftime score was 26-0, To the poster who said they did not have much of an offense, well they did not have much of a defense either. Almost from they first play the Ingram kids were frustrated at each other and it just got worse. I saw one Ingram player being "talked" to through an entire play from their sideline. Does anyone know if other towns within 25-3a have Pop Warner programs? It is an essential when competing with towns that have programs established. Putting pads on 12 and 13 year olds for the first time is like asking the same kids to rehearse Hamlin for a week, while building the sets and then putting them on stage that Thursday night. Not practicalWe have Pop Warner.

bd0707
10-31-2003, 04:45 PM
LHPANTHERMOM I will ask in Ingram tonight if they have a POP WARNER league there. I would not be suprised if they don't. Marble Falls started theirs just this year.

therealbulldogs
10-31-2003, 04:50 PM
I know that Bandera has some teams that started this year and they play in Kerrville. I'd be pretty sure if Ingram had some teams playing in the YMCA league in Kerrville also.

bd0707
11-01-2003, 12:19 AM
I asked around at the game tonight in Ingram... No POP WARNER.

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 02:00 PM
I dont really agree that by our 7th gradrs beating them 61-0 really ruins their confidence..i actually think it will make them wan to WORK harder to beat them next time..i think its helping them know what to expect NEXT year! But hey...thats my opnion!

olddawggreen
11-01-2003, 02:14 PM
With todays competition, I cant imagine any community not having some type of Pop Warner program. My gosh, we start our guys in flag footbal in 3rd or 4th grade and then PeeWee in 5th and 6th grades. By the time they get to 7th grade theyve been playing for 3 or 4 years. The coaches don't have to teach them the difference between the helment and the shoulder pads. They can spend their time on conditioning and plays.