PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 - Robinson Rockets (6-1) at Lorena Leopards (4-3) - Rivalry Game

FB-fanatic
10-17-2016, 01:06 AM
Robinson - very strong season start with QB Allison (coaches kid - 2538 yds passing) to Ashcraft (1346 yds - 224 avg/gm) combo
Lorena - very tough opening games vs #7, #3 DII teams, #2 in state 3A, have reeled off 4 straight wins

Leopards will have to bottle up Ashcraft. They do have a strong defensive secondary. Game at Lorena.

FB-fanatic
10-17-2016, 01:22 AM
Should have read DI above instead of DII.

Rocket Man
10-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Funny thing about the rivalry; my daughter's boyfriend doesn't feel the rivalry and indicated that most of the Robinson guys he knows don't either.

With regard to the game, I know this will be our toughest game of the year; Lorena's defense rates a 17.32 through 6 games on Adjusted Stats (http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/txhsfbratings.php?year=2016&class=4A2), the next highest rated defense we played was Fairfield at 11.11; so I see a hard nut to crack for the Rockets this year.

It does help that our offense is rated 57.79, but the defense is rated -4.43, so the Lorena RB's will probably have a big night.

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2016, 10:31 AM
still too depressed to comment. :dispntd:

Bosqueville
10-17-2016, 10:34 AM

You're telling me..

coach
10-17-2016, 11:20 AM
I don't want to hear it from the CS group. I guarantee you our loss was way worse than yalls...

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2016, 11:26 AM
I don't want to hear it from the CS group. I guarantee you our loss was way worse than yalls...

Oh yea????? Double round house kicks to the nuts..... 80 to 54.

coach
10-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Oh yea????? Double round house kicks to the nuts..... 80 to 54.

Just ask Robinson how bad our loss was last week.

greendawg84
10-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Give me the Rockets !

greendawg84
10-17-2016, 01:14 PM

Come on RC , you guys will get another shot at them here in a few weeks !

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Come on RC , you guys will get another shot at them here in a few weeks !

reference Cameron Rockdale score.

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Just ask Robinson how bad our loss was last week.

Yes, but Cameron's 80-54 loss was to Rockdale. That is like getting beat by tu, Baylor,TT, Philadelphia, Washington and New York all on the same weekend.

Don't know if I can go on. The shame!

Rocket Man
10-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Hey greendawg,

The Cameronians lost their bell for a year...........BIG, BIG DEAL

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2016, 01:39 PM
Hey greendawg,

The Cameronians lost their bell for a year...........BIG, BIG DEAL

It was brand spanking new too! :crying:

coach
10-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Yes, but Cameron's 80-54 loss was to Rockdale. That is like getting beat by tu, Baylor,TT, Philadelphia, Washington and New York all on the same weekend.

Don't know if I can go on. The shame!

I hear yea. But did you hear how our game ended?

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2016, 02:30 PM

I've heard.

Rocket Man
10-17-2016, 02:41 PM

Well Coach, what is the Fairfield take on what happened at the end?

#33 for Robinson said that he shot the gap, stopped the spike and caused the QB to basically kneel, hence the clock should not have stopped.

Does the film show something different?

coach
10-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Well Coach, what is the Fairfield take on what happened at the end?

#33 for Robinson said that he shot the gap, stopped the spike and caused the QB to basically kneel, hence the clock should not have stopped.

Does the film show something different?

Our qb just kneeled it...Not really sure why. I don't think he knows why either lol. The NG did shoot the gap, but he didn't affect the spike bc well... we didn't try to spike it lol.

Rocket Man
10-17-2016, 03:18 PM
Our qb just kneeled it...Not really sure why. I don't think he knows why either lol. The NG did shoot the gap, but he didn't affect the spike bc well... we didn't try to spike it lol.

Didn't the refs stop the clock............confusion ensued and then they started it back up.

I was stunned by the kneeling that I forgot about the clock until I saw Allison 1/2 out on the field wildly winding his arm.

coach
10-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Didn't the refs stop the clock............confusion ensued and then they started it back up.

I was stunned by the kneeling that I forgot about the clock until I saw Allison 1/2 out on the field wildly winding his arm.

They stopped it for about 2 seconds. We were complaining that#33 tackled our qb after he knelt it and tried to get a late hit our of it lol.

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Our qb just kneeled it...Not really sure why. I don't think he knows why either lol.

Low snap and he had to "field" it?

Rocket Man
10-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Low snap and he had to "field" it?

I think he was under center.

Rocket Man
10-17-2016, 04:26 PM
They stopped it for about 2 seconds. We were complaining that#33 tackled our qb after he knelt it and tried to get a late hit our of it lol.

Oh, okay..............now the picture has become a lot clearer.

FB-fanatic
10-17-2016, 08:42 PM
Funny thing about the rivalry; my daughter's boyfriend doesn't feel the rivalry and indicated that most of the Robinson guys he knows don't either.

With regard to the game, I know this will be our toughest game of the year; Lorena's defense rates a 17.32 through 6 games on Adjusted Stats (http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/txhsfbratings.php?year=2016&class=4A2), the next highest rated defense we played was Fairfield at 11.11; so I see a hard nut to crack for the Rockets this year.

It does help that our offense is rated 57.79, but the defense is rated -4.43, so the Lorena RB's will probably have a big night.

O.k, scratch the rivalry thing....we both love each other and our communities feel no ill will towards the other. The Lorena rivalry is really with....Acadamy.. yeah, Acadamy, that's it.

So who does get the Rockets motor running?

Rocket Man
10-18-2016, 12:24 AM
O.k, scratch the rivalry thing....we both love each other and our communities feel no ill will towards the other. The Lorena rivalry is really with....Acadamy.. yeah, Acadamy, that's it.

So who does get the Rockets motor running?

Love's an awful strong word there pardner; while some of the boys may not see it as the big rival; I doubt they'd be peas & carrots like a Young Rocket & a Young Leopard were not so many years ago.

I know a lot of the fan base sees it as a rivalry and was quite surprised that the boyfriend doesn't feel that way. I don't know enough of the kids to know who they perceive as the big rival; it could be that most see Lorena.

We have some bantering to do to catch up with that Burnet/LH thread; so here goes.

Them Rockets are gonna blast so much fire, it's gonna burn the hide off them ugly Red & White Leopards. And what's with those super ugly black helmets, black ain't one of y'all's school colors. :ack!:

FB-fanatic
10-18-2016, 07:03 AM
Love's an awful strong word there pardner; while some of the boys may not see it as the big rival; I doubt they'd be peas & carrots like a Young Rocket & a Young Leopard were not so many years ago.

I know a lot of the fan base sees it as a rivalry and was quite surprised that the boyfriend doesn't feel that way. I don't know enough of the kids to know who they perceive as the big rival; it could be that most see Lorena.

We have some bantering to do to catch up with that Burnet/LH thread; so here goes.

Them Rockets are gonna blast so much fire, it's gonna burn the hide off them ugly Red & White Leopards. And what's with those super ugly black helmets, black ain't one of y'all's school colors. :ack!:

Now we're cook'in! I'm still peaved at your coach for playin' my boy at wide receiver in the Victory Bowl after over 7,000 yards of offense at QB. So take that! We're gonna be kickin your arse my friend! So Max Preps has the edge to the Rockets, while Adjusted Stats has the Leopards. We'll see!

Rabid Cougar
10-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Put the Blue and White in front of my oldest and watch what happens. Still dislikes to the max.

coach
10-18-2016, 08:50 AM
I think he was under center.

Yea he went under center and the only time we go under center is in our "victory" formation. I am in the press box so I didn't hear an explanation to what he was thinking.

coach
10-18-2016, 08:50 AM
What's crazy is he made a helluva play to keep us in the game the play before.

GUNHO
10-18-2016, 09:25 AM

Same thing happened at a WO-S/Sillsbee game some time back.Sillsbee was fixing to score the go ahead points with just seconds left on the clock and the QB hurried up to the line with no timeouts and knelt the ball instead of spiking it.WO-S won the game because a 17-18 year old got confused.It happens bless their hearts.

Rocket Man
10-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Put the Blue and White in front of my oldest and watch what happens. Still dislikes to the max.

Funny you say that; when asked, my daughter's boyfriend mentioned CS as the big rival although we didn't play this year. Scratching my head on where that one comes from, but who knows what goes on in the head of 15 year olds?????

Rabid Cougar
10-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Funny you say that; when asked, my daughter's boyfriend mentioned CS as the big rival although we didn't play this year. Scratching my head on where that one comes from, but who knows what goes on in the head of 15 year olds?????

I would agree with that 15 year old. For CS, I would say it's between RR and LL for sure. Some "bad blood" going on during the games.

Rocket Man
10-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Now we're cook'in! I'm still peaved at your coach for playin' my boy at wide receiver in the Victory Bowl after over 7,000 yards of offense at QB. So take that! We're gonna be kickin your arse my friend! So Max Preps has the edge to the Rockets, while Adjusted Stats has the Leopards. We'll see!

Tommy does what Tommy does...........sorry that oinked for Harris; I hope he's doing well down in Aggie Land, Jacob is loving it!

I hope LISD has property insurance for that football field cause its gonna be burnt up pretty bad after the Rockets get done and you'd better tell the scoreboard keeper to keep his Visitor's score button pushing finger limber cause it's gonna get worn out before the end of the night on Friday!!!!!!!!!

GO ROCKETS!!!!!

Rocket Man
10-18-2016, 11:44 AM
4A-2 REGION III DISTRICT 9
Connally (Lacy-Lakeview, TX) at Fairfield (TX), 7:30pm [projection: Connally (Lacy-Lakeview, TX) 31-20]

Robinson (TX) at Lorena (TX), 7:30pm [projection: Robinson (TX) 36-35]

Salado (TX) at Mexia (TX), 7:30pm [projection: Salado (TX) 22-20]

Sure looks pretty in BLUE

Rabid Cougar
10-18-2016, 01:11 PM
4a-2 region iii district 9
connally (lacy-lakeview, tx) at fairfield (tx), 7:30pm [projection: Connally (lacy-lakeview, tx) 31-20]

robinson (tx) at lorena (tx), 7:30pm [projection: Robinson (tx) 36-35]

salado (tx) at mexia (tx), 7:30pm [projection: Salado (tx) 22-20]

sure looks pretty in blue

can't see it!

Rocket Man
10-18-2016, 02:11 PM
can't see it!

Put your cursor on it and drag it and it will show as white

FB-fanatic
10-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Put your cursor on it and drag it and it will show as white

Now your trying to blind me! You %$^%##@%$$%&*! You guys always play dirty!

No, I think there is a 3-way rivalry CS-LL-RR. I think those kids play select stuff together, swap girl friends, etc.

Yep, JH and HC are lovin' it down at CS!

coach
10-18-2016, 02:59 PM

No, I think there is a 3-way rivalry CS-LL-RR. I think those kids play select stuff together, swap girl friends, etc.

They might even swap boy friends. Never know these days.

Rocket Man
10-18-2016, 03:33 PM
They might even swap boy friends. Never know these days.

Easy now...........no one said anything about Fairfield boys being involved :stirpot:

Rabid Cougar
10-18-2016, 03:40 PM

RC Jr too

FB-fanatic
10-18-2016, 08:43 PM
RC Jr too

I think they're all lovin' life right now.

coach
10-19-2016, 09:26 AM
Easy now...........no one said anything about Fairfield boys being involved :stirpot:

I guess it could be worse. Dating your cousins like the Teague Lions....

Rabid Cougar
10-19-2016, 01:40 PM
I guess it could be worse. Dating your cousins like the Teague Lions....

Now he is getting into that East Texas thing.....

coach
10-19-2016, 02:59 PM
Now he is getting into that East Texas thing.....

It's not east Texas until you cross the Trinity. It's more of just a Teague thing i guess.

Rocket Man
10-21-2016, 01:20 AM
Less than 24 hours til blast off to victory for the Rockets!! Those Leopards will try to scratch & claw, but their poor wittle paws won't be able to hold on to the slick shiny hull of the mighty Rockets. When you other folks at your games see the sky glowing, don't be alarmed, it'll just be the Rockets scoring another TD!!!

regaleagle
10-21-2016, 01:58 AM
I think that most fans think that Robinson will have to just win this one with the offense......and I agree. That usually doesn't sound too good saying you need to win with your offense against a pretty darn good team like Lorena. But for some reason, I really do think that this week Robinson's qb will have what it takes to get the big win in Lorena against a very tough Lorena team. My gut tells me to go with the Rockets in this one and follow the smoke. Rockets Red Glare, Bombs in the Air, Only one big one needs to hit......Oh say does that star-studded qb yet still throw......IMHO he will throw until the end. So much for poetry.....Let the game begin.

Besides>>>it didn't rhyme, LOL. :crazy1: But the last two verses did! :taunt:

FB-fanatic
10-21-2016, 04:03 AM
Less than 24 hours til blast off to victory for the Rockets!! Those Leopards will try to scratch & claw, but their poor wittle paws won't be able to hold on to the slick shiny hull of the mighty Rockets. When you other folks at your games see the sky glowing, don't be alarmed, it'll just be the Rockets scoring another TD!!!

I am invoking the power of Thor (Thor Hoffman 82 carries 566 yards 152 receiving), god of Thunder! May he run fleetfully through the Rocket secondary.

https://youtu.be/sZIJK_nxHDs

Rabid Cougar
10-21-2016, 09:07 AM
I am invoking the power of Thor (Thor Hoffman 82 carries 566 yards 152 receiving), god of Thunder! May he run fleetfully through the Rocket secondary.

I want to name my boys Thor and Oden.

coach
10-21-2016, 09:11 AM
I want to name my boys Thor and Oden.

Robinson kids had some awesome names. Kudos to those parents.

Rocket Man
10-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Thor = Former Rocket, dang Leopards are recruiting.

He will have a BIG night; +150yds I predict.

FB-fanatic
10-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Thor = Former Rocket, dang Leopards are recruiting.

He will have a BIG night; +150yds I predict.

When he was in Robinson, he just went by "Bob"....

Rocket Man
10-21-2016, 11:06 PM
#%#$&@??? Onside kicking & lack of defense

Good game Leopards; I wish our team was as well coached as y'all's is.

FB-fanatic
10-21-2016, 11:06 PM
Wow, what a game! Back and forth foot race! Kept waiting for one team to make a critical mistake, and it never happened. Very evenly matched game. A blocked extra point and one extra defensive stop was the game.

35-43 Lorena

regaleagle
10-21-2016, 11:46 PM
I guess the big one that needed to hit never did late in the game, huh?

Rocket Man
10-22-2016, 12:42 AM
I guess the big one that needed to hit never did late in the game, huh?

Tommyball

FB-fanatic
10-22-2016, 06:56 AM
Tommyball

RR's passing game was wide open in the first half, slashing the leapords pretty good. But I thought, as the game progressed, the LL defensive secondary became much more confident that they could play a tighter defense bump-and-run and still not get burned. So when it came down to the last drives, those passing lanes had closed down to pretty narrow. A couple of dropped balls by RR hurt too the second half.

Again, big hats off to the Rockets. This was a slugfest.

Some notes I had:

Just before half, LL dialed up a very agressive defensive blitz package which kept RR off balance, and prevented them from scoring, allowing LL to go in at half with an 8 point lead.

The Leopards got an uncharacteristic (for a Biles team) unsportsmanlike penalty after one of their TD's, making it a conversion attempt from the 18 instead of the 3. At the time, I asked myself "was this the mistake which was going to cost LL the game?". The LL QB had to scramble and break a tackle before heaving a 2-point completion to the endzone. Talking about making lemonade out of lemons.

Just after halftime, RR muffed a kickoff return. LL had no less than 3 guys make a solid attempt to recover the ball deep in RR territory, but to see the ball spin off out of bounds. I felt at the time that this would have been a dagger in the heart for the Rockets if LL had recovered.

Two onside attempts by RR: one was recovered nicely by one of the up-men at the 50, and another late in the game, spun off, traveled 5 yards and spun backwards into LL end of the field. This was costly for the RR, giving LL a short field.

Allison throws a nice ball and is poised in the pocket. We have to see Ashcraft 2 more seasons.

This was as about a mistake free game on both sides of the ball as you can get.

Good luck to the Rockets.

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2016, 09:45 AM
Thor wins! Thor wins! Vanquished the Rockets from Asgard!