PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans (7-1) @ Navarro Panthers (7-0)

Tejastrue
10-16-2016, 08:45 PM
Well here it is folks. Wimberley is much improved over this time last year...especially the defense. The Texans have been flying under the radar for most of the year. It would be a signature win that is for sure but more than anything a gauge as to just where they are at heading towards the playoffs. I like our chances. Go Texans!

SaltySixes
10-16-2016, 09:10 PM
Well here it is folks. Wimberley is much improved over this time last year...especially the defense. The Texans have been flying under the radar for most of the year. It would be a signature win that is for sure but more than anything a gauge as to just where they are at heading towards the playoffs. I like our chances. Go Texans!

Signature win huh? Lol :wave:

Tejastrue
10-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Okay...I'll kick it up a bit..for the district crown...redemption...payback...etc.etc.etc.. By the way, you guys have been awfully quiet since Refugio. What gives?

SaltySixes
10-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Resting up for this week!
And btw, the Panthers have improved as well. This is the BEST team we have had yet!

WOS87
10-16-2016, 10:51 PM
Learn how to pass and stop the run and you win Wimberley. Bottomline.

regaleagle
10-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Now this game has all the looks of being a real slobberknocker for this week. Perhaps the GOTW in 4A this week???

PurplePop
10-17-2016, 06:35 AM

Seems a bit simplistic.

GUNHO
10-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Texans are 7-1? Them Texans kind of sneak up on ya.

bag-o-chips
10-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Okay...I'll kick it up a bit..for the district crown...redemption...payback...etc.etc.etc.. By the way, you guys have been awfully quiet since Refugio. What gives?

I guess it just mimics the team. Go out on the field and act like you have been there before. No need for chest thumping and we are 0-0 this week just looking to go 1-0 on Friday.

Hey we do have a new Scoreboard but it ain't like Seguin getting a 1.4 mill board! Next big project will be the visitor stands and entrances. We are trying Tejas but it is all self funded pay as you go! Come early to get your seat but hey no more Porta Potties!!!:wave:

d0tc0m
10-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Seems a bit simplistic.

Doesn't make it untrue.

rb585
10-17-2016, 09:41 AM
I'm OK with anything as long as it doesn't flood again.

buff4ever
10-17-2016, 09:43 AM
I can't pick the Texans in this game. Navarro has just too much. It will be a good game though I feel.

solocam
10-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Navarro by 10

Corn Cob
10-17-2016, 07:46 PM
:iagree: ...................or play them in a rain storm. I heard through the grapevine that a rainfall event gives the Panthers opponents a huge advantage.

Tejastrue
10-17-2016, 07:47 PM

I sure hope this is the scouting report...that we can't do either.

SaltySixes
10-17-2016, 08:09 PM
:iagree: ...................or play them in a rain storm. I heard through the grapevine that a rainfall event gives the Panthers opponents a huge advantage.

Lol sounds as if your team lost and not ours.

bag-o-chips
10-17-2016, 08:24 PM

Looks like Cornholio is still looking for TP for his Bunghole!!!!1 Heh Heh Heh!!

Tejastrue
10-17-2016, 08:29 PM
I guess it just mimics the team. Go out on the field and act like you have been there before. No need for chest thumping and we are 0-0 this week just looking to go 1-0 on Friday.

Hey we do have a new Scoreboard but it ain't like Seguin getting a 1.4 mill board! Next big project will be the visitor stands and entrances. We are trying Tejas but it is all self funded pay as you go! Come early to get your seat but hey no more Porta Potties!!!:wave:

First the duck blinds and now the porta potties. OMG. :eek: I guess I disagree .. the mimic thing. There is not enough good banter on here.

WOS87
10-17-2016, 08:51 PM
:1popcorn:

:wave:

bag-o-chips
10-18-2016, 05:37 AM
First the duck blinds and now the porta potties. OMG. :eek: I guess I disagree .. the mimic thing. There is not enough good banter on here.

The blinds are still there but the bathrooms and concessions are new!!!

bag-o-chips
10-18-2016, 05:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8jX8VyW.jpg

Here you go Tejas

PurplePop
10-18-2016, 07:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8jX8VyW.jpg

Here you go Tejas

I wonder what they did with the huge bird's nest that covered some of the Panther's score on the old scoreboard. My wife and I were walking the track the other night before they changed out scoreboards and there were a bunch of birds flying around the nest. Did someone check with the EPA on this? (Another reason to vote for the guy with the orange hair. Can I say that on the DL?)

1st and goal
10-18-2016, 08:38 AM
This should be a really good game. I will be tuning in on my Fox sports friday night football app. I guess Navarro by one score.

SaltySixes
10-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Cant wait to see the score board in action on friday!... I predict Navarro 35 wimbo 14. I dont see the Texans being able to stop our run game, and while they're busy trying, we will be burning them through the air!
...Not to mention our Denfense...

buff4ever
10-18-2016, 03:54 PM
This should be a really good game. I will be tuning in on my Fox sports friday night football app. I guess Navarro by one score.

Nope, 1st and goal, you are wrong. It will not be a one score game. I won't say it will be a three score game but it will not be a one score game. 17 sounds about right to me, which is a 3 score, but I could be off.

Tejastrue
10-18-2016, 06:14 PM
I am loving this. :clap: and thanks BOC..nice scoreboard.

bag-o-chips
10-18-2016, 06:45 PM
I am loving this. :clap: and thanks BOC..nice scoreboard.

Thanks Tejas! We will get there one day! Unlike the team just south of us who can't win but is getting a 1.4 million Jumbo Tron we will just be glad to put 11 boys on the field and hope for the best!!!:crazy:

Tejastrue
10-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Reflecting back to last year..remembering the flooding as rb585 pointed out..the thread still was fun despite the final score. Texans gonna try real hard to kick the brother-in-law out! :)

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?128765-Navarro-vs-Wimberley

bag-o-chips
10-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Please also remember we had 2 tornados that morning with one just west of the school and many homes destroyed. We both were hit hard that day!

bag-o-chips
10-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Hit just after 7am and one bus actually drove through right before it was bad. We think of the driver as a hero because she had allready picked up some kids whose homes were destroyed.

Tejastrue
10-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Yes, of course. Thanks for reminding me.

Tejastrue
10-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Moving on....As far as defenses..the points allowed are quite similar.

SaltySixes
10-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Moving on....As far as defenses..the points allowed are quite similar.

That my be true...
I just wish I knew how many points our starting Defense has allowed..

Tejastrue
10-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Don't we all at this level....and who the heck are the Buttons?

SaltySixes
10-18-2016, 09:49 PM

The SA Central Catholic Buttons. And they wernt half bad! Lol

PurplePop
10-18-2016, 09:53 PM

We learned some very valuable lessons from CC.

ogg
10-18-2016, 10:07 PM
Offensively the Texan can be very explosive, I look for them to get a 4th quarter win by 3. If Wimberley's D can get some stops....it will be a long night for the Panthers. Turnovers can play a major roll in a game like this.

10ForTheWin
10-19-2016, 12:24 AM
I mean, we could always compare common opponents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st and goal
10-19-2016, 07:08 AM
I guess the key will be how good the Texans D can perform against the slot T.

rb585
10-19-2016, 08:27 AM
I think it's all going to come down to whether we were able to get our refs assigned to the game or not.

ogg
10-19-2016, 10:58 AM
We'll just cut a check for them after the game like usual. I think our pay rate is 30 bucks for TD call backs and 5 bucks for oline holding.

SaltySixes
10-19-2016, 01:46 PM
We'll just cut a check for them after the game like usual. I think our pay rate is 30 bucks for TD call backs and 5 bucks for oline holding.

You'll be broke before the Texans can hang!...

d0tc0m
10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
I hope this is a great matchup on Friday! It certainly has the makings to be one. If I had the choice of a 4A game to attend this week, this would be it. I love what the Texans are doing, love the direction they're heading, and love the explosiveness they've shown on offense. But Navarro just seems to be a well-oiled machine this year. They remind me a bit of those LH teams of 06-08. I think Wimberley keeps it close for a while, and Navarro's experience starts to pull away late. Should be fun for the fans, regardless of outcome, though.

Blue42
10-19-2016, 03:23 PM

Man don't be a Cheapskate come on pay up a little Ref's gotta live.

rb585
10-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Man don't be a Cheapskate come on pay up a little Ref's gotta live.

No kidding, especially because these guys are family to our players.

1st and goal
10-19-2016, 03:51 PM
No kidding, especially because these guys are family to our players.

You gotta figure at least $300 payola each for the 2 main refs and at least $150 each for their underlings. I have seent underlings get mad about not enough payola and throw some lame, late flags.

Tejastrue
10-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Evidently we will need to give, not just money but incentives too, because the monetary thing alone has not been working for a few years now. :crying:

Tejastrue
10-19-2016, 05:50 PM
I mean, we could always compare common opponents

If you want to spend the time...which game?

SaltySixes
10-19-2016, 06:43 PM
If you want to spend the time...which game?

Giddings

Lets see how you spin this one. Lol :cheerl:

Tejastrue
10-19-2016, 07:34 PM
What is there to spin? We lost. If you look a little deeper though you would know that our defense gave up 10 pts and a buck seventy of yardage. If I recall this was about the same as when you guys played them. Our rotation of QBs early in the year had to happen in order to get where we are at today. 2 pick sixes, a fumble and two stalled 1st and goals changed the whole complexion of the game. That was game 2 of the season. That is all.

bag-o-chips
10-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Tejas don't take much from these young fellas who sat on the bench most of their life! This game will be a slugfest as usual! They like to talk a lot but they ain't got much to back up what they say!

Looking forward to a Great Game! You have to admit since we started with you guys in 2010 we have grown up a bunch!

You were the Team we looked up to be like and we are getting there!

SaltySixes
10-19-2016, 07:56 PM
Tejas don't take much from these young fellas who sat on the bench most of their life! This game will be a slugfest as usual! They like to talk a lot but they ain't got much to back up what they say!

Looking forward to a Great Game! You have to admit since we started with you guys in 2010 we have grown up a bunch!

You were the Team we looked up to be like and we are getting there!
First of all, I was completely kidding. Tejas was literally asking for friendly banter and I obliged. Iv learned to play nice.

Secondly, This is pretty inapropriate, I would never call you out. By the way I happen to know exactly who you are as well...
P.s. your post is as inacurate as it is out of place. I was a 3 year letterman and a 2 year starter. Its not my fault the worlds biggest panther fan BOC only remembers running backs.

10ForTheWin
10-19-2016, 08:10 PM
First of all, I was completely kidding. Tejas was literally asking for friendly banter and I obliged. Iv learned to play nice.

Secondly, This is pretty inapropriate, I would never call you out. By the way I happen to know exactly who you are as well...
P.s. your post is as inacurate as it is out of place. I was a 3 year letterman and a 2 year starter. Its not my fault the worlds biggest panther fan BOC only remembers running backs.

I was a starter, kinda, not really, but I think I had more total point than you Sixes ;)

Tejastrue
10-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Come on guys. Seriously, it's all good. Not my first rodeo. He is right though. I was asking for banter. Not buying the kidding part though. lol
BOC..you guys have arrived. Salty...what say you?

SaltySixes
10-19-2016, 09:37 PM
I say.... lol, that it is odd that BOC has it out for 10forthewin and I.
Back to football. I am seriously hoping for a matchup like 2010. One where we have to pull all the stops to try to get the win. I believe their was a hook and ladder, a skip pass attempt, and like 3 instances of "peanut" back in 2010.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Come on guys. Seriously, it's all good. Not my first rodeo. He is right though. I was asking for banter. Not buying the kidding part though. lol
BOC..you guys have arrived. Salty...what say you?Yep it's a forum and both sides have teams to be proud of now for past few years and looking like both playing very well this late into season. Wimberley on the up rise and Navarro loaded with kids from last season looking for a deeper run. Great matchup. I have to go with Navarro in a close one.

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Just Kidding fellas and just having fun! You fellas don't throw a hissy fit now!! Tejas wanted a little banter and it works well on both sides. If you need a safe space don't get in a forum!!!:stirpot: Now let the fun begin because it should be great weather and a packed house. :wave:

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 06:29 AM
Tejas here is the preview

HomeSports
Navarro, Wimberley to duke it out for 13-4A-2 supremacy
Story
Comments
Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Panther pride
Allison Magin - Special to the Gazette
Panther pride
The Navarro Panthers celebrate in the end zone after beating the Wimberley Texans to clinch a share of the District 13-4A-II championship on Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015, in Wimberley.

Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:32 pm
Scot Kibbe Gazette Correspondent | 0 comments
Area fans can count on three things happening every October:
— Halloween decorations coming out of their boxes and onto the lawns of residences and businesses.
— Pumpkin spice flavored items being added to more products than nature ever intended.
— The Navarro Panthers and the Wimberley Texans meeting for the district championship.
Those rivals will tangle on Friday night when Wimberley (7-1, 2-0) visits Erwin-Lee Field to take on the Panthers (7-0, 1-0) before what is expected to be a large crowd.
This matchup has determined the district champion in five of the last six seasons with the loser finishing second in the district each year. Barring a miraculous turnaround from 1-6 Hondo, which is the only other team that is undefeated in District 13-4A-2 play, the winner of this game should plan to make room on their trophy case for more hardware.
Football is not the only sport where these two schools tend to settle the district title.
One or the other school seems to annually win the district in nearly every sport.
This has led to a “good, healthy rivalry,” according to Wimberley head coach Doug Warren.
“Any time it comes down to you and the same group vying for a championship every year, it becomes a rivalry,” he said. “We’re very familiar with their kids as they are with ours. Coaches and players for both teams have a lot of respect for each other and it is always a well-played game.”
Wimberley had its way in the rivalry for the first three years after the Panthers joined their district in 2010. But Navarro has taken the last three meetings, including a 45-14 victory on Halloween afternoon last season in Wimberley.
But Navarro head coach Les Goad says this is the best Wimberley team since the Texans won a state championship in 2011.
Their 7-1 record supports his opinion; it’s the Texans’ best start since that championship season.
Their only loss came against Giddings by a 24-13 score in Week Two. Navarro beat Giddings 37-21 in the previous week.
Wimberley returns eight starters on offense and eight starters on defense from 2015, and boasts the biggest offensive line the Panthers have faced all season, according to Goad. The line is anchored by 6-4, 280 pound tackle Ian Burnette, who was an all-district last season as a sophomore.
Running back Hunter Williams leads the Texans rushing game with 627 yards and eight touchdowns, but Thomas Carruthers was the standout for Wimberley last week, rushing for 179 yards and two touchdowns on ten carries in the Texans’ 35-16 win over Llano.
Wimberley has alternated quarterbacks but junior Jo Jo Weeks — who has passed for nearly 1,000 yards this season — has seen all the action at the position in recent weeks.
As in past years, the Texans will run a spread offense, but Goad says they will also put their quarterback under center and run out of the I-Formation and run some bootleg with the mobile Weeks.
Defensively, Goad said Wimberley runs a 4-3 but shows multiple looks. He said their standouts are linebacker Ben Garza — a first team all-district selection last year — Carruthers at defensive end, and linebacker Jake Cockerham. He said they also have “a very active secondary.”
Goad believes last year’s margin, created when the Panthers broke open a close game in the second half, is not likely to occur this season.
“I expect these teams will battle down to the wire,” he said. “This game is usually determined by one or two plays.”
His counterpart, Warren, expressed great respect for Goad’s Panthers.
“You always know Navarro will be a quality team that is well-coached and plays hard,” he said. “They are the best team we’ve played against this season.
“On defense, they are so tough to move the ball against. That (linebacker Jake) Wright kid makes tackles all over the field and their defensive line plays physical and fast and they cause great havoc.
“Offensively, they still have that well-executed ball control attack but they can also break out of that and complete a lot of passes, which really makes them scary to try to contain.”
Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. on Friday.
​​​​-30-
PANTHER NOTES: Friday’s game marks the return to Erwin-Lee Field of former Navarro defensive coordinator Jeff Jones. The longtime Panther assistant, who has always been very popular in the Navarro community, retired last year after 20 years on the school’s sideline. He came out of retirement just before the season started when he accepted the job as defensive line coach at Wimberley.
The Panthers will have a chance to make some history on Friday night. Beating Wimberley would give them their 16th straight home win, surpassing a record set between 2008-11. It would also set a school record with 12 consecutive victories in district games, topping a mark set between 2007-2010.
Fans attending Friday’s game will get to see the debut of the stadium’s new scoreboard. The 32-foot Spectrum scoreboard equipped with LED lights was largely funded by a group of sports boosters known as the Panther Posse.
Navarro-Wimberley All-Time Series
Wimberley lead series 6-5
Navarro 12, Wimberley 7
Navarro 20, Wimberley 14
Wimberley 30, Navarro 17
Wimberley 35, Navarro 0
Wimberley 42, Navarro 28
Wimberley 40, Navarro 14 (state quarterfinals)
Wimberley 38, Navarro 7
Wimberley 21, Navarro 20
Navarro 24, Wimberley 14
Navarro 28, Wimberley 13
Navarro 45, Wimberley 14

Tejastrue
10-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Very nice preview. Thanks for posting BOC.

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Scot always does a great job and not the Homer like the Canyon Lake guy

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Tejas I tried to send you a private message but you have no space concerning an incident tonight. Please check your inbox to make room!

Tejastrue
10-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Try it again Bags.

10ForTheWin
10-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Tejas I tried to send you a private message but you have no space concerning an incident tonight. Please check your inbox to make room!

Pretty sure I know what you are talking about... just more motivation for the panthers smh

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Pretty sure I know what you are talking about... just more motivation for the panthers smh

Admin from Wimb. is aware

SaltySixes
10-20-2016, 09:08 PM

Hey 10! You up for some paintball this weekend? :cheerl:

Tejastrue
10-20-2016, 09:10 PM
Still waiting BOC. Salty..wouldn't be the first time.

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 09:23 PM
sent

bag-o-chips
10-20-2016, 09:38 PM
Going to be a Great game for sure!! Lots of fun on a Friday Night! And FSSW will be there also!

regaleagle
10-21-2016, 02:12 AM
Great thread on this game this week.......never count out Wimberley when they get rolling. Obviously, Navarro has the team to stop the Texans, but.........it's Friday Night Lights in Texas, folks. Good luck to both teams and come out rumbling.

Tejastrue
10-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Can we say upset? Go Texans!!

Tejastrue
10-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Can we say upset? Go Texans!!
obviously not... Congrats Panthers ..some questionable calls at critical times, but when all was said and done the Panthers were the dominate team tonight. Best of luck in the playoffs!

SaltySixes
10-21-2016, 10:50 PM
Great win for the panthers. Smashmouth football.
But seriously 2 completions on 3 attempts. (With a QB that has been 1st team all district for the last 2 years) Ill say it ...we wont beat cuero that way.

bag-o-chips
10-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Great win for the panthers. Smashmouth football.
But seriously 2 completions on 3 attempts. (With a QB that has been 1st team all district for the last 2 years) Ill say it ...we wont beat cuero that way.

But we were not playing Cuero. Wimberley showed that they could not stop the power game and that is what was run at them. One throw was very impressive on 3rd and 6 to continue the drive. Win with what the other team allows. The TD pass was great touch. He will show his talents soon enough so don't worry!

bag-o-chips
10-21-2016, 10:54 PM
obviously not... Congrats Panthers ..some questionable calls at critical times, but when all was said and done the Panthers were the dominate team tonight. Best of luck in the playoffs!

OK I will bite what was so questionable?

10ForTheWin
10-21-2016, 10:56 PM
But we were not playing Cuero. Wimberley showed that they could not stop the power game and that is what was run at them. One throw was very impressive on 3rd and 6 to continue the drive. Win with what the other team allows. The TD pass was great touch. He will show his talents soon enough so don't worry!

Sorry Sixes, I'm taking BOC's side on this one! It was a good win let's not forget that!

SaltySixes
10-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Sorry Sixes, I'm taking BOC's side on this one! It was a good win let's not forget that!

A wins a win. And i know that. Im only saying I dont think our QB improved much this week. And everyone knows getting better each week is what makes great players and great teams.

Not to mention its the last competitive game untill round 2

bag-o-chips
10-21-2016, 11:28 PM
2 out of the three passes were awesome esp. the 3 and 6. The QB has matured each and every game and is very much a better and total team player this year!

bag-o-chips
10-21-2016, 11:32 PM
Quick stats I have are Navarro 343 yards offense and 23 First downs Texans 165 Offense with 6 First downs.

Pretty Dominate I would say and not to Mention Navarro put in the Second Team on the last Possession with over 5 minutes to go deep in Texan territory instead of punching another TD in. Classy move by the coaching staff for a Team Navarro respects !

PurplePop
10-22-2016, 05:57 AM
Quick stats I have are Navarro 343 yards offense and 23 First downs Texans 165 Offense with 6 First downs.

Pretty Dominate I would say and not to Mention Navarro put in the Second Team on the last Possession with over 5 minutes to go deep in Texan territory instead of punching another TD in. Classy move by the coaching staff for a Team Navarro respects !

343 yds. against Wimberley is not dominant. We beat them worse last year on their field with virtually same players on each side. We're either a top team in the state, or we're not. If we are, we need to start playing like one against good teams and not go into our 3 yds. and a cloud of dust shell. We see that every year in the playoffs when we finally play a really good team (Cuero), and lose. Very much not looking forward to it again this year.

panfan
10-22-2016, 07:19 AM
343 yds. against Wimberley is not dominant. We beat them worse last year on their field with virtually same players on each side. We're either a top team in the state, or we're not. If we are, we need to start playing like one against good teams and not go into our 3 yds. and a cloud of dust shell. We see that every year in the playoffs when we finally play a really good team (Cuero), and lose. Very much not looking forward to it again this year.
Been feeling your pain for many years now.

bag-o-chips
10-22-2016, 07:42 AM

You play as a team to win. The plan was to pound them and keep their offense off the field. 23 First downs to 6 tells me it was dominant. Besides when was the last time we just stayed in A Set plus there were other factors across the field. I disagree with you because you attack the weakness that you see. It was a great executed game plan and just because we did not pass all over the field last night does not mean we cannot do that when we want.

I can assure you the Staff puts in many hours to develop a plan and take everything into account. We have an offensive attack that can be described as a many headed snake. Just maybe this will give other teams down the road trouble to try and figure out what team will show up. Last year circumstances beyond control dictated what would happen during the game you refer.

I would bet that the passing attack will get a big workout the next 3 weeks.

16 straight wins at home and 12 straight district games. We are certainly not in a rut!

SaltySixes
10-22-2016, 10:21 AM
I would take that bet... That the passing game does get to at least see the light of day the next 3 weeks...
That means the next time we play another good team, we will be right back to the trap, sweep, trap, sweep, trap, sweep gameplan...

P.s. I am aware that is what we are known for, "3 yards and a cloud of dust,"...but we are also known to have never made it further than 4 rounds. :confused:

ogg
10-22-2016, 10:43 AM
Congrats to the Panthers on your win, very good and disciplined team play.

bag-o-chips
10-22-2016, 10:49 AM
How many teams in the area would like to get past 2 rounds even? Honestly we go one game with 3 pass attempts and it is all doom and gloom from you guys. Chill out and roll with it! Football is about 11 guys working as a team and at times putting aside the "Me" factor and playing for your brother next to you. This was one game and I will bet we get 3 or 4 rounds it will not be all run. Again take what is given. We really are a Bad team with 16 straight wins at home and 12 straight District wins.

I know we all do not agree with the Coaches but then we all could have travelled the road to become a Coach and call the shots! I am just like many others and have never lost a game from the stands! I am guilty of critiquing the choice of plays at the time but it is what it is!

The team played their butts off last night and I am proud of all of them and the staff as well.

bag-o-chips
10-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Congrats to the Panthers on your win, very good and disciplined team play.

Thanks ogg

SaltySixes
10-22-2016, 10:59 AM
How many teams in the area would like to get past 2 rounds even? Honestly we go one game with 3 pass attempts and it is all doom and gloom from you guys. Chill out and roll with it! Football is about 11 guys working as a team and at times putting aside the "Me" factor and playing for your brother next to you. This was one game and I will bet we get 3 or 4 rounds it will not be all run. Again take what is given. We really are a Bad team with 16 straight wins at home and 12 straight District wins.

I know we all do not agree with the Coaches but then we all could have travelled the road to become a Coach and call the shots! I am just like many others and have never lost a game from the stands! I am guilty of critiquing the choice of plays at the time but it is what it is!

The team played their butts off last night and I am proud of all of them and the staff as well.

No one said we were a bad team. Only that we did what we always do, and it worked to beat a team we were supposed to beat. Im just not sure itll work against a team we're not supposed to beat.

PurplePop
10-22-2016, 11:08 AM

I don't need your assurance on anything. You aren't the resident expert and you obviously don't know me very well judging by your comments. We are in a rut. It's called Cuero. And, last night was our last real chance to prepare for them (and Wharton and Sinton and Sweeny). Wasted running the same two plays all night. Hondo, Bandera and Poteet aren't going to do squat to help us get ready. Please respect my opinion. I respect yours.

bag-o-chips
10-22-2016, 11:50 AM
I don't need your assurance on anything. You aren't the resident expert and you obviously don't know me very well judging by your comments. We are in a rut. It's called Cuero. And, last night was our last real chance to prepare for them (and Wharton and Sinton and Sweeny). Wasted running the same two plays all night. Hondo, Bandera and Poteet aren't going to do squat to help us get ready. Please respect my opinion. I respect yours.

I in no way meant any disrespect. No I am not the resident expert. I see a half full glass and you see a half empty one. Just a difference of opinion and we can agree on that I hope.

I don't know what we could have done different last year against Cuero. There is a ton of Football to be played yet before we can even think about Cuero at this time. Would this game have prepared us for a game that may be at best 5-6 weeks down the road?

Anything can happen with an odd shaped ball at any time. Here is hoping it comes to fruition but wouldn't it be Great to repeat 2010 and meet Wimberley in the Quarters? Like I said anything can happen. See you around!

Tejastrue
10-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Mercy, how the times have changed. You guys beat a pretty good ball club and now arguing over a few pass attempts. :wave:

bag-o-chips
10-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Mercy, how the times have changed. You guys beat a pretty good ball club and now arguing over a few pass attempts. :wave:

Crazy ain't we? :crazy:

rb585
10-22-2016, 07:45 PM

I know the cliche is "win them one at a time," but you don't win state by winning every game with what the other team allows in the regular season. If you're shooting for state, the regular season should be treated as advanced scrimmages, especially in a district as bad as ours.

Navarro is going to need a more balanced offense at some point in the playoffs. Not working on that during the regular season doesn't make sense.

bag-o-chips
10-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Trust me it is there. I also think it went straight power because of another factor on the sideline.

rb585
10-22-2016, 10:10 PM
Trust me it is there. I also think it went straight power because of another factor on the sideline.

Y'all passed more last season and more successfully with the same players.

(150 ypg on 12 ATT per game last year. Less than 100 ypg on 8 ATT per game this season.)

Then 11 passing yards and 2 INTs ended your season against Cuero.

Forgive me for not trusting you.

I do hope it's there, though, until you meet us in the state quarters. :wave:

SaltySixes
10-22-2016, 10:19 PM
Y'all passed more last season and more successfully with the same players.

(150 ypg on 12 ATT per game last year. Less than 100 ypg on 8 ATT per game this season.)

Then 11 passing yards and 2 INTs ended your season against Cuero.

Forgive me for not trusting you.

I do hope it's there, though, until you meet us in the state quarters. :wave:

Im glad its not just me.
The Cuero game was not a game for passing trust me

Tejastrue
10-22-2016, 10:24 PM
Not sure what to think about this...not the sort of game you iron things out. Just to add, the Texans season if far from over.

PurplePop
10-23-2016, 07:32 AM

Well, golly. You mean our coach actually got caught up in the "me" factor. You think? Our big guy running right at them 30 times. Really? We never do that. I wasn't going to bring that up because I have such great respect for our head coach, but that pi$$e$ me off more than anything. And, I'm most disappointed and surprised by that more than anything. When the going gets tough on our slot-t later, our head coach is going to put a lot on the shoulders of our QB. And, "trust me," to the extent we have a successful passing game at that point, it sure won't be because our coach gave the QB enough reps. against quality opponents during the regular season. We're done with that.

bag-o-chips
10-23-2016, 08:36 AM
OK just get up and get ripped. Alright then. I guess my opinion is just my opinion and please don't read anything into what I post. Just somebody who has a deep love for Navarro and what it stands for. I never felt a win would garner such a sense of disappointment. I find tons of media from outlets other than the local ones and share with other fans. I 100% wholeheartedly support these kids and all the kids at school in a positive manner. At times I feel Navarro is overlooked by the local media and I let them know as well.

I am not the "resident expert" by any means but just somebody who supports the kids by whatever the means I have available.

That being said I am moving on as this one is done and in the books. Next week is here and again I will support Navarro 100% no matter. Ready to beat Hondo and enjoy a nice pre-game meal at Herrman Son's Steakhouse. Stop in and have a Great meal and safe travels to all!

PurplePop
10-23-2016, 11:02 AM
OK just get up and get ripped. Alright then. I guess my opinion is just my opinion and please don't read anything into what I post. Just somebody who has a deep love for Navarro and what it stands for. I never felt a win would garner such a sense of disappointment. I find tons of media from outlets other than the local ones and share with other fans. I 100% wholeheartedly support these kids and all the kids at school in a positive manner. At times I feel Navarro is overlooked by the local media and I let them know as well.

I am not the "resident expert" by any means but just somebody who supports the kids by whatever the means I have available.

That being said I am moving on as this one is done and in the books. Next week is here and again I will support Navarro 100% no matter. Ready to beat Hondo and enjoy a nice pre-game meal at Herrman Son's Steakhouse. Stop in and have a Great meal and safe travels to all!

Sorry, BOC. I got carried away. Just sent you a private message. Wanted to make sure you saw it.

Tejastrue
10-23-2016, 02:43 PM
http://seguingazette.com/sports/article_dbd4a872-98b3-11e6-ac4f-9363311b9438.html

bag-o-chips
10-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Sorry, BOC. I got carried away. Just sent you a private message. Wanted to make sure you saw it.

Just got home and sent you a reply!

PurplePop
10-24-2016, 09:06 AM
Just got home and sent you a reply!

Got it. Thanks.