PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 - Wharton (5-2, 2-0) at Sweeny (4-3, 1-1)

Scoop27
10-15-2016, 01:40 PM
Wharton's speed will be the difference

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-15-2016, 02:35 PM
I've seen Sweeny. They've got speed as well. Probably not as much overall TEAM speed as Wharton but Sweeny I think will give Wharton a better game.

SHSBulldog00
10-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Sweeny has not beaten Wharton in the last few years. Dogs will try to exorcise some demons this Friday.

Dogs_21
10-19-2016, 03:22 PM
Tigers by 3 touchdowns.

Scoop27
10-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Sure wish this game was on a webcast, but can;t find it

sourhern
10-21-2016, 05:14 AM
Don't get to confident with Sweeny they could easily take 2nd in district

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurplePop
10-21-2016, 06:39 AM
Wharton is ripe for the picking in this one. Sweeney 25 Wharton 21

sourhern
10-21-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm with you on this one

Scoop27
10-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Tigers have one of the best special teams in all phases in the area and their defense is playing very well-shutting out Sinton last week. The Dogs will be no match for the Tigers

44INAROW
10-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Tigers have one of the best special teams in all phases in the area and their defense is playing very well-shutting out Sinton last week. The Dogs will be no match for the Tigers

Anyone have a final on this one?

Scoop27
10-21-2016, 10:15 PM
Was 21-21 last time I heard but no update yet

Old Green
10-21-2016, 10:17 PM
2 minutes left in the game

Sweeny 28
Wharton 21

That's from Cuero announcers

Scoop27
10-21-2016, 10:19 PM
Sweeny 28, Wharton 21-From Wharton Journal-Spectator website

44INAROW
10-21-2016, 10:27 PM
Sweeny 28, Wharton 21-From Wharton Journal-Spectator website

Now the plot has thickened.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-21-2016, 10:59 PM
The plot thickens and now us folks down in D16 have no clue who is going to play who in Round 1

44INAROW
10-21-2016, 11:03 PM
The plot thickens and now us folks down in D16 have no clue who is going to play who in Round 1

It's going to come down to a week 10 showdown.... Cuero vs Wharton. OR WILL IT. heck if I know.

gobbla4life
10-21-2016, 11:15 PM
Welcome to 4a division2 district 15! Friday night to Friday night you never know what's gonna happen. We have some very talented teams in this district, whoever the 4 playoff teams are , you can bet they will be battle tested.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-21-2016, 11:17 PM
The only thing that seems certain is that Raymondville will be the most likely 4th place finisher but the play Port Isabel next. Ray'ville could ruin PI's time easily if PI plays poorly.

Rio Hondo is the front runner atm with PI 2nd after they beat OG last week. OG has yet to play Rio Hondo though. But RH will be champs outright if they beat OG.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2016, 11:51 PM
It's going to come down to a week 10 showdown.... Cuero vs Wharton. OR WILL IT. heck if I know.

Cuero can be anywhere from 1-3, Wharton 1-3, Sweeny 1-4 and Sinton 2-4.

Sinton at Sweeny might make it more obvious or more confusing after that matchup.

SHSBulldog00
10-22-2016, 12:04 AM

Sinton at Sweeny might make it more obvious or more confusing after that matchup.

Great heart displayed tonight for the Dogs. The job is not done. #GATA

Sinton @ Sweeny will be exciting (Can't wait to see all my Sinton peeps)

SHSBulldog00
10-22-2016, 12:06 AM
Both Wharton and Sweeny had multiple opportunities to put this game away. Sweeny Defense able to secure a pick in their end zone with :25 seconds left.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2016, 01:21 AM
Great heart displayed tonight for the Dogs. The job is not done. #GATA

Sinton @ Sweeny will be exciting (Can't wait to see all my Sinton peeps)
Should be a good game, Sweeny still can figure in to the top spot and Sinton trying to nail down the last playoff spot a week early.

See you Friday hopefully can get there early.

PurplePop
10-22-2016, 06:59 AM

Sinton is likely locked in at #4. The best they can hope for is a win against Sweeny and a 3-way tie for 2nd at 3-3. If point differential is the tie-breaker, Sinton needs a very big win vs. Sweeny. I'm assuming Cuero beats Wharton. Safe assumption.

SHSBulldog00
10-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Current Standings

Cuero 3-0
Sweeny 2-1
Wharton 2-1
Sinton 1-2
Aransas Pass 1-2
Ingleside 0-3

Possible 1-4 after Week 9

1. Cuero/Sweeny/Wharton
2. Sweeny/Cuero/Wharton
3. Wharton/Cuero/Sweeny/Sinton
4. Sinton/Sweeny/Aransas Pass

Remaining Schedule

Week 10
Cuero @ Ingleside
Aransas Pass @ Wharton
Sinton @ Sweeny

Week 11
Sweeny @ Aransas Pass
Wharton @ Cuero
Ingleside @ Sinton

Weebe
10-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Wharton can beat Cuero. Just depends on which Wharton team shows up.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Here's the situation in District 16

Current Standings

1. Rio Hondo - 3-0
2. Port Isabel - 2-1
3. Orange Grove - 2-1
4. Raymondville - 2-1
5. West Oso - 0-3
6. Progreso - 0-3

Week 10 games.

Raymondville @ Port Isabel
Rio Hondo @ Orange Grove
West Oso @ Progreso

Week 11 games

Port Isabel @ West Oso
Progreso @ Rio Hondo
Orange Grove @ Raymondville

Don't mean to sound harsh here, but assume anyone still playing Progreso this week or next week beats them. They're now down to 16 players as one was injured during the game with PI and it looked like a knee in injury.

* Rio Hondo can all but lock up the district title and #1 seed with a win over Orange Grove. Rio Hondo's Week 11 game is vs. Progreso, so count that as a win for the Bobcats.

*Orange Grove can make things really interesting by beating Rio Hondo, possibly forcing a 3-way tie for the district title. Seeding would then go to point differentials, but Orange Grove hasn't won yet, so lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

*Port Isabel can clinch, at the very least, the #2 seed with a win over Raymondville in Week 10. This is assuming Rio Hondo beats Orange Grove. However, if Orange Grove DOES beat Rio Hondo forcing a 3-way tie, Port Isabel can possibly get the #1 seed depending on the point spread between Rio Hondo and Orange Grove.

*Raymondville is a very interesting monster. They started the season playing terribly. But then all of a sudden they start blowing teams out like they had been projected to do before the season began. They fell to Rio Hondo last night, though, but were competitive for a while. They have Port Isabel and Orange Grove remaining. Most have Raymondville losing to both PI and OG, however, OG's defense has been very suspect against the run, which is Raymondville's strength. Raymondville can very easily upset one or both of the teams remaining on the schedule, which would put them as high as #2 seed if they beat both PI and OG. But if they lose both, they'll be the #4 seed

SHSBulldog00
10-23-2016, 12:14 AM
Here's the situation in District 16

Current Standings

1. Rio Hondo - 3-0
2. Port Isabel - 2-1
3. Orange Grove - 2-1
4. Raymondville - 2-1
5. West Oso - 0-3
6. Progreso - 0-3

Week 10 games.

Raymondville @ Port Isabel
Rio Hondo @ Orange Grove
West Oso @ Progreso

Week 11 games

Port Isabel @ West Oso
Progreso @ Rio Hondo
Orange Grove @ Raymondville

Don't mean to sound harsh here, but assume anyone still playing Progreso this week or next week beats them. They're now down to 16 players as one was injured during the game with PI and it looked like a knee in injury.

* Rio Hondo can all but lock up the district title and #1 seed with a win over Orange Grove. Rio Hondo's Week 11 game is vs. Progreso, so count that as a win for the Bobcats.

*Orange Grove can make things really interesting by beating Rio Hondo, possibly forcing a 3-way tie for the district title. Seeding would then go to point differentials, but Orange Grove hasn't won yet, so lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

*Port Isabel can clinch, at the very least, the #2 seed with a win over Raymondville in Week 10. This is assuming Rio Hondo beats Orange Grove. However, if Orange Grove DOES beat Rio Hondo forcing a 3-way tie, Port Isabel can possibly get the #1 seed depending on the point spread between Rio Hondo and Orange Grove.

*Raymondville is a very interesting monster. They started the season playing terribly. But then all of a sudden they start blowing teams out like they had been projected to do before the season began. They fell to Rio Hondo last night, though, but were competitive for a while. They have Port Isabel and Orange Grove remaining. Most have Raymondville losing to both PI and OG, however, OG's defense has been very suspect against the run, which is Raymondville's strength. Raymondville can very easily upset one or both of the teams remaining on the schedule, which would put them as high as #2 seed if they beat both PI and OG. But if they lose both, they'll be the #4 seed

Thanks for he rundown TFINT

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Thanks for he rundown TFINT

Don't mention it. At least our playoff picture is a little more clearer than D15's assuming the teams who are "supposed" to win do. But it can get really messy if Orange Grove beats Rio Hondo, or Raymondville beats Port Isabel and/or Orange Grove.

The most likely scenario is Rio Hondo wins out and gets #1 seed, Port Isabel wins out and gets #2 seed, and the Week 11 game between Orange Grove and Raymondville determines 3rd and 4th seeds.

SaltySixes
10-23-2016, 12:21 PM
Does anyone remember a couple weeks ago, in the regional finalist prediction thread, when i possed that wharton was over OVERRATED? Well I got verabally assulted then, but I dont think anyone is picking Wharton for region 4 anymore!

Weebe
10-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Does anyone remember a couple weeks ago, in the regional finalist prediction thread, when i possed that wharton was over OVERRATED? Well I got verabally assulted then, but I dont think anyone is picking Wharton for region 4 anymore!

You also said they wouldn't beat Sinton and they embarrassed them. You conveniently omitted that while patting yourself on the back.

I also wouldn't count Wharton out after one bad showing. That's the kind of team they are.

speedbump
10-23-2016, 05:26 PM

What changed?