PDA

View Full Version : HA HA....the joke was on us!!!

Ranger Mom
10-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Last night after the Greenwood/Monahans game, one of our coaches went to Sonic to pick up the players food. Imagine his surprise when the girl told him that someone had called earlier in the evening claiming to be a Greenwood coach, and had cancelled the order.

It was all good though, the players really didn't have much of an appetite after the game anyway. The coach got Greenwood's money back and called an order in to an eating establishment in Midland. Due to the lateness of the order, the food was fresh off the grill, hot and NOT soggy....and the money stayed in Midland County!! :D :D :D

wildstangs
10-11-2003, 06:52 PM
I guess Monahans thought they were going to get Greenwood one way or the other. Thats funny lol.

eye of the tiger
10-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Tough loss RangerMom. The Rangers will overcome it. And Hometown cooking tastes better anyway.

Tanglefoot
10-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Sorry about the loss, Ranger Mom. Next week hopefully will be better.

Stangster
10-11-2003, 10:35 PM
That's low. Someone has a pitiful sense of humor, either that or a mean streak a mile wide. Glad it worked out for the best. Keep your chin up. Just my onion.

lobo12
10-11-2003, 11:39 PM
ya whoever did that was wrong, but monahans wasnt the only ones that messed up. greenwood wrote on our buses after the volleyball game today in blue, so remembergreenwood was out of line also

Ranger Mom
10-12-2003, 09:10 AM
lobo12:
ya whoever did that was wrong, but monahans wasnt the only ones that messed up. greenwood wrote on our buses after the volleyball game today in blue, so remembergreenwood was out of line alsoI NEVER said anywhere in my comment that it was someone from Monahans!! I actually thought it was kinda funny myself, and my daughter is a trainer so the joke was on her also! She was happy, she hates Sonic hamburgers!!

I'm sorry that your buses got written on, that is not the kind of message the majority of Greenwood wants to send!

sinton66
10-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Messing with the busses isn't cool. Those things are way too expensive to buy, maintain and operate. I know why kids do it, but they ought to be made to think about what it costs to fix them afterward. There are other pranks which are just as funny, and a whole lot less destructive to public property. ALL school boards should get this message out to their students. It happens almost everywhere from time to time.

RangerMom, if I had an airplane, I would've flown in some tortilla burgers for yall. wink

BULLDOGFAN
10-13-2003, 06:55 AM
I am with you Ranger Mom. That was a clean prank. People just get their shorts all boiled up in a wad over the littliest things. That was creative.

Last year after Bandera played Rice in the playoffs, someone scheduled both teams to eat in the same restaurant. That was an odd moment when both teams showed up.

CatWoman
10-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Hey RangerMom - my reply is a little late, but as I mentioned before, my computer at home got a virus and is in the shop, so I have to post at work, Mon-Fri.

Sorry about the loss, but no doubt, the Rangers will come back. Also sorry that someone had to be a butt, and post something negative about Greenwood when you we just telling a litt "funny".

St. Ivender
10-13-2003, 08:51 AM
That is a funny story, I love pranks like that. They spice up the rivalries. I don't like vandalism but my hometown and our rivals' were notorious for burning K's and N's in each other's fields. A good mascot theft now and then is also a good one.

underware
10-13-2003, 10:57 AM
hummm? I'll take the No. 1 with no pickles with chesse...on second thought, I'll have the brown bag to go! :p

PAINTBALL
10-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Sounds like the one who lost was the owner of the local sonic. Personally, I like it when out of town money is spent in my town. The town which loses the money is the real loser.