PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Columbus

Pudlugger
10-15-2016, 10:06 AM
The Leps (3-3 2-0) meet up with District rival Columbus (1-6 0-2) Friday in Columbus. The Leps have steadily improved on offense and defense despite a series of key injuries. Now both their premier rb JK Dobbins and their starting Qb Colter Siptak are on the sidelines on crutches. However two new developments have occured in the past two weeks that have greatly benefited the team. First move-in @28 Isaiah Moore has been made eligible for district play after waiting patiently in pre-distinct per UIL ruling. It turns out he is a very big contributor as a DE and RB. Big tall and fast he adds another dimension to the Lep's game. He has been running the wildcat as qb effectively and anchoring the flanks on defense freeing up our best wr Ramirez who was playing both ways to strengthen the offense passing attack. Secondly, our starting RB Jericho Haardt has consistantly gained 150+ yards/game averaging about 6 yards per carry. Our back-up Qb junior Aymond is getting more confident leading the Leps' offense especially in the passing attack. Our defense is solidifying into a very stingy front and looks more like the defense that showed up at Argyle in game 1 then against Navarro or Taylor in games 3 and 4. Columbus has struggled losing some very close games but remains a threat. I'll take the Leps by 21 in this game as they are hitting their stride at the right time in district competition.

PurplePop
10-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Good to hear that about the Leopards. Good luck rest of way. It would be exciting to see them finish strong and have a good playoff run after the adversity they've been through.

Gontex
10-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Watched the Cards play Gonzales last evening and came back with several impressions from the game. First of all, Columbus will hit you. They are excellent tacklers when going one on one in open space and they don't miss on their tackles. They have really good speed and will test you on the outside. They will try to overcome you with rushes into the middle of the line. Have one big back who is a bruiser and is very difficult to get down. Will play you very tough. Leps will win, but much closer than you think. Passing game is pretty weak, but they have a big tight end who catches the ball well.

teetle
10-17-2016, 10:33 AM
Columbusses stills bes cryings aboust beinges hoses by de refrees in Gonzales games. theyes bes de oneses whose hoses de selfs. theys goods at that's.:weeping::eek::bigcry:

Scoop27
10-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Cardinals could easily have three more wins. They were only blown out by a good Cuero team. They have a chance to beat La Grange Friday

greendawg84
10-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Pud ,

What is the scoop on Dobbins ? He out for the rest of the year ?

PappaFeelGood
10-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Leps do continue to improve on a weekly basis, in spite of the continued injuries. The Cards always play the Leps hard with many epic battles in the past. This won't be one of them. Leps. by 18.

Pudlugger
10-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Pud ,

What is the scoop on Dobbins ? He out for the rest of the year ?

I honestly don't know and will not speculate. He was still on crutches but his cast or brace was off Friday. We all want what is best for him. We are pretty much adapted now to an offense built around two good running backs and a passing attack that is better than last year. Our Qb should be back in time for Giddings week after next as his knee was not seriously injured only strained. Injuries unfortunately are always a wild card in how your season goes and this season it has been huge.

teetle
10-19-2016, 08:37 AM
My friendes Mervis and Larrys sayeses that players bes quitting. Theys hades enoughes. Theys thinks thates Coaches nots be knowings whats theys been doings. I toldes Mervis and Larrys that they bes full of it.:weeping::eek::bigcry:

Scoop27
10-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Going with the Cardinals in an upset

SaltySixes
10-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Going with the Cardinals in an upset

I dont think thats very realistic... LaGrange has taken their lumps already and I see them winning easily.

Tejastrue
10-19-2016, 05:18 PM
Came across this story about Dobbins today..

http://www.statesman.com/sports/high-school-football/sidelined-dobbins-cheers-his-grange-teammates-looks-ohio-state/CuN3EhX7b236av58oJa7uO/

hookandladder
10-20-2016, 01:19 PM
I talked to JK this week after the boot came off, very slim chance he would come back with him enrolling in the Spring. Leps would need to make a very deep run in the playoffs and even with that it is very unlikely to see him play in the Lep uniform. Got my OSU tickets for next year, ready to be in the Shoe.

Pudlugger
10-21-2016, 11:42 PM
Great game Cardinals you always play the Leps hard and tonight you were the best team. I was impressed with the size and physicality of your players. Very few penalties and only one turnover which resulted in a late score on the recovery run back. Obviously the leps are not rising to the level we had all anticipated due to key players out with injuries. We lost three more tonight including our starting linebacker/blocking back #18 Ward #6 CB Davis and Qb/Outside linebacker and kick returner #28 Moore. With Qb Siptak still out and Dobbins most likely out for the season it has been very tough on everyone in our town. There still is time to get back on track by next Thursday when we meet Giddings at home in a televised game @ 7PM. Perhaps our boys were looking ahead to that game as they just didn't seem sharp dropping passes in the endzone twice and basically struggling on the defense to stop the big physical running game of the Cards. Good luck to Columbus though as they sure are a better team than their record suggests and should end up high in district ranking.

Adding insult to injury going home we hit a huge raccoon going 70 mph on HWY 71 and busted up the grill and air dam on our Passat :(

1st and goal
10-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Sounds like injuries have really decimated LG. I hope the kids get well soon...Like maybe 2 weeks from now. Just kidding.

Game on TV , Thursday night next week.