PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 - Smithville (0-6, 0-1) at La Grange (2-3, 1-0)

Scoop27
10-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Big rivalry game with towns 20 miles apart but the Leps win easy

Pudlugger
10-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Leps will not be denied. In the past they have not taken the Tigers as seriously as they might have and went in sleep walking. It has been a very rough season with injuries and the loss of JK Dobbins on the first play of the first game of the season (which was called for lightning mid 1st quarter Leps up 7-0 against Liberty Hill). Then while reeling from that they had Argyle, Navarro and a surprisingly inspired Taylor all leading to a 1-3 record (LaVernia as their only win) until this Friday when they kicked off District play with a solid win over a talented Gonzales team. So I expect the leps will kick butt and take names Friday. Leps by 28 (if Siptak is back Leps by 35).

Pudlugger
10-15-2016, 12:11 AM
LG rolls to 35-13 victory pretty much as I predicted. Unfortunately we had two more players injured (a backup OL and a Db) so we still are bitten by the injury bug. Our starting Qb is on crutches with a knee injury suffered last week. Back up junior Qb #7 Aymond had a good night completing several long passes and spearheading our offense. The Tigers had two real good fast running backs who were difficult to tackle breaking several long gainers tonight. I'm surprised they are 0-7 as they played some pretty good offense but seemed to sputter at all the wrong times. Next up for the Leps is Columbus away. Leps are 3-3 and are taking the momentum to the Cardinals next Friday.