PDA

View Full Version : D15 4A D2 Sinton (6-0, 1-0) at Wharton (4-2, 1-0)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2016, 01:34 AM
Sinton 8 straight district titles, going for 9 starts with this game.

Last game
Wharton 52 Ingleside 0

Sinton 49 Aransas Pass 9

sinfan75
10-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Both teams have good defenses but I think this is gonna be a shoot out.

Sinton-42
Wharton-28

bd62
10-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Wharton in a. Close one at home. Wharton had a very tough non dist and played El Campo very good. Sinton will battle for 48 minutes . That's there style and allways will be. Good game to see.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Both teams have good defenses but I think this is gonna be a shoot out.

Sinton-42
Wharton-28Bad snaps to the qb every week needs to be eliminated takes the qb eyes off the defense for a second and amount of penalties each week another area needs improvements on other than that the passing game has a lot of targets. Hoping Sinton uses Daryl French more on offense to go with Andrew McGowan tough duo to stop when both on the field.

Wharton passing defense will get tested.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Series history:
Seems to be the first ever meeting between these two teams.

Last game stats: Wharton held Ingleside to -3 yards of offense. -2 yards on 19 rushing attempts and -1 yard on 11 pass attempts.

Sinton held Aransas Pass to 2 first downs in first half and 6 for the game. Held AP to 13 yards passing on 10 attempts and 140 yards of total offense.
Sinton had 461 yards of offense in first half with 339 passing. Sinton finish with 505 total yards for the game.

Scoop27
10-08-2016, 07:44 PM
How far of a drive is that for you Sinton fans?

speedbump
10-08-2016, 08:08 PM
How far of a drive is that for you Sinton fans?

134 miles (2 hours) there and 214 miles (3 hrs 43 minutes) back after Wharton wins by two TDs or more.

sinfan75
10-08-2016, 08:43 PM
134 miles (2 hours) there and 214 miles (3 hrs 43 minutes) back after Wharton wins by two TDs or more.Wharton better have a solid pass defense..they're gonna need.

Scoop27
10-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Tigers have a lot of speed and quickness but like you said will come down to Wharton's pass defense which really hasn't been tested this year with the exception of El Campo some. Tigers have home field advantage but the Pirates have more winning tradition so will go with them

Bosqueville
10-09-2016, 07:33 PM
I like Wharton in this one.

Corn Cob
10-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Wharton wins this one easily.

pirate4state
10-10-2016, 11:01 AM
We're only 2 point underdogs?! So there's a chance! WOOHOO!!

SaltySixes
10-10-2016, 11:13 AM
I think Sinton will take this one. Wharton won't be expecting the physicality.

Scoop27
10-10-2016, 01:27 PM
For Sinton folks coming to Wharton-Places to eat
1. Hinze's County Kitchen on Hwy 60 going to Bay City=great home cooked food and $2 beer on Friday's
2. Hinze's Barbecue- Richmond Road heading out of Wharton on Business 59-Great barbecue and seafood as well
3. Los Cucos- Located on the Colorado River near the bridge-Great Mexican food
4. 9ers- On FM 1301 on the way to Boling when you turn right to to to Tiger Stadium. Big variety of everthing and great burgerrs
5. Los Casona, In front of Walmart on Hwy 59 near the underpass-Great Mexican food

Weebe
10-10-2016, 01:31 PM
I think Sinton will take this one. Wharton won't be expecting the physicality.

Wharton has already played El Campo. I don't think they'll be intimidated by Sinton's physicality.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 02:12 PM
For Sinton folks coming to Wharton-Places to eat
1. Hinze's County Kitchen on Hwy 60 going to Bay City=great home cooked food and $2 beer on Friday's
2. Hinze's Barbecue- Richmond Road heading out of Wharton on Business 59-Great barbecue and seafood as well
3. Los Cucos- Located on the Colorado River near the bridge-Great Mexican food
4. 9ers- On FM 1301 on the way to Boling when you turn right to to to Tiger Stadium. Big variety of everthing and great burgerrs
5. Los Casona, In front of Walmart on Hwy 59 near the underpass-Great Mexican food
.6 Scoops home cooking :)

Also well known Buckee's think spelled it right.

4. sounds good might be the one I try

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Wharton has already played El Campo. I don't think they'll be intimidated by Sinton's physicality.Oh yea let's not forget big bad El Campo

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Games usually won at the line of scrimmage, Sinton offensive line does well Sinton will pile the points up.

Weebe
10-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Oh yea let's not forget big bad El Campo

Let me know the next time Sinton beats a team outside of Region IV.

It's easy to look physical against teams from the Valley.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Let me know the next time Sinton beats a team outside of Region IV.

It's easy to look physical against teams from the Valley.Is Wharton consider out of region 4 or teams that flip flop? They were region 3 last year.

speedbump
10-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Is Wharton consider out of region 4 or teams that flip flop? They were region 3 last year.

Things get tougher east of Victoria.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Is Wharton consider out of region 4 or teams that flip flop? They were region 3 last year.
Sinton will have to cross region 3 team to get to the region 4 team. Not much Sinton can do with their location so the opportunities are limited to state semi finals so facing top team out of the region when that has happen.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Good this Sinton young team should be ready for tougher teams.

ECBirdFan
10-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Sinton better be able to stop both the run and the pass. Size is one thing but SPEED is needed against Wharton. If you lack it they will score 50+ on you!!

They have size on the line also!!

You will see Friday!

Wharton will roll!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Sinton better be able to stop both the run and the pass. Size is one thing but SPEED is needed against Wharton. If you lack it they will score 50+ on you!!

They have size on the line also!!

You will see Friday!

Wharton will roll!South texas team slow and small. :)

Sinton still show up for the kicks of it

speedbump
10-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Good this Sinton young team should be ready for tougher teams.

How is Sintons speed? Wharton is loaded with it.

pirate4state
10-10-2016, 03:26 PM

We don't have any.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 03:26 PM
They have some good speed and most of wr are 6'+

Andrew McGowan been double team most of the season but still gets his receptions and tds.

pirate4state
10-10-2016, 03:32 PM
They have some good speed and most of wr are 6'+

Andrew McGowan been double team most of the season but still gets his receptions and tds.

Dude...quit lying. Andrew is slow and just clears 5'5" :rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Dude...quit lying. Andrew is slow and just clears 5'5" :rolleyes:lol yea had to prep him up most teams leave him by himself no threat.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Finally get to chat it up some even though its not with the team Sinton is playing lol but we do have to cross their city to get to Wharton so they would know that team some since they played them.

speedbump
10-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Finally get to chat it up some even though its not with the team Sinton is playing lol but we do have to cross their city to get to Wharton so they would know that team some since they played them.

Been playin em since 1912. Yea, we know em.

WOS87
10-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Wharton didn't fare too well against the pass in their final game of 2015 from what I recall :wave: but they are a year older now. Should be a great game. Hopefully everyone comes out of it healthy!

*Rita you crack me up lol*

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 08:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWa0gBuCUtI

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Wharton at Sealy http://www.hudl.com/v/kDUDY

Sealy held them to 16 yards rushing, 133 total yards. 1st game of the year surprising result with Wharton being a experience team to start the season.

WOS87
10-10-2016, 09:48 PM
In all honesty Wharton should win this without a question. Sinton has an awful record against Region 3 teams. DCTF picked Wharton as the Darkhorse team back in August with all they have coming back. Cuero would be next and they beat them handily last season. A Navarro or Wimberley matchup could be too much though .

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2016, 10:01 PM
I'll be going to this game on Friday. Gotta see my fellow South Texans! Of course I'll be sitting on the Sinton side. Which one of y'all Pirate peeps will let a Tarpon sit with ya?

PurplePop
10-10-2016, 11:12 PM
In all honesty Wharton should win this without a question. Sinton has an awful record against Region 3 teams. DCTF picked Wharton as the Darkhorse team back in August with all they have coming back. Cuero would be next and they beat them handily last season. A Navarro or Wimberley matchup could be too much though .

Huh? Huh? and Huh? Who cares how DCTF picked them in preseason? They came out in game one and laid a complete egg against Sealy and they would have lost to Bellville if Bellville doesn't turn it over 4 times. All they've done is lose a close one to El Campo. And, Wharton hasn't done too well against region 4 teams. We creamed them in playoffs in 2012 and La Verrnia creamed them in 2013. They had a cupcake run last year until they hit you guys. They haven't really done anything to say they "win this without question." Sinton can put points on the board fast and Wharton can't. I'm picking Wharton by 7, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sinton wins by 14.

WOS87
10-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Wharton beat Cuero in preseason last year. Cuero ended up shutting out Sinton, shutting down Navarro and scoring the most points against WOS in their past 18 games. Preseason doesn't mean squat. I'm with pirate4state. I don't think Sinton has any chance to pull it off. Wharton should roll in Region IV

pirate4state
10-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Why is this even a discussion? Speedbump & the all knowing corn cob have chimed in and that's that!
We've been told repeatedly that we can't beat anyone north of Victoria.
No speed. Can't tackle and we hate long bus rides, so yeah pretty much doomed.

At least we can pick up some jerky in Hilje and snacks at Buc-ees. :2thumbsup

WOS87
10-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Why is this even a discussion? Speedbump & the all knowing corn cob have chimed in and that's that!

Mt Elbert is talking dirt about all of us I hear though Rita.... I see Districts 13 and 15 making up the majority of the final four in Region IV although I'd love to see Port Isabel be back where they belong.

PurplePop
10-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Wharton beat Cuero in preseason last year. Cuero ended up shutting out Sinton, shutting down Navarro and scoring the most points against WOS in their past 18 games. Preseason doesn't mean squat. I'm with pirate4state. I don't think Sinton has any chance to pull it off. Wharton should roll in Region IV

I'm sorry. I didn't realize ya'll were speaking in down low code language. My bad. Wharton by 28.

Weebe
10-11-2016, 07:27 AM

I never said you can't beat Wharton. I just said you haven't beaten a legitimate Region III team in some time. Correct me if that is inaccurate.

Wharton is very beatable because they are generally undisciplined and beat themselves as much as anything else.

That's why they were never one of the elite teams in region III

pancho villa
10-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Wharton plays tackle football

pirate4state
10-11-2016, 11:16 AM
I never said you can't beat Wharton. I just said you haven't beaten a legitimate Region III team in some time. Correct me if that is inaccurate.

Wharton is very beatable because they are generally undisciplined and beat themselves as much as anything else.

That's why they were never one of the elite teams in region III

Well that's a relief. Since we haven't been to state since 2001 I guess that would be the last time we beat a "legitimate" Region III team. We beat them pretty bad though so maybe not so legitimate? *shrug*

The time we beat Brookshire Royal they were in Region IV so again, I guess they weren't legitimate either. :confused: But we did hear a lot of the same "too much speed" chatter about them and we beat them.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I guess we'll just suit up and try to get through this game the best that we can and if we happen to beat Wharton it may still not even count since according to you they were never an elite team in region III. LOL :D

44INAROW
10-11-2016, 11:44 AM
:1popcorn::1popcorn:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Well that's a relief. Since we haven't been to state since 2001 I guess that would be the last time we beat a "legitimate" Region III team. We beat them pretty bad though so maybe not so legitimate? *shrug*

The time we beat Brookshire Royal they were in Region IV so again, I guess they weren't legitimate either. :confused: But we did hear a lot of the same "too much speed" chatter about them and we beat them.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I guess we'll just suit up and try to get through this game the best that we can and if we happen to beat Wharton it may still not even count since according to you they were never an elite team in region III. LOL :DThat year Sinton also beat Bellville in region championship. From that year 2001 to now teams that are in region 3 right now Sinton is 3-6. Only the Fairfield game Sinton was beat bad rest they were in those game including against West Orange Stark in 2014 when they were tied at 21 after 3 qtrs. Sinton is a young team with about 5 sophomore starters on defense and even though Sinton has a few starters from last season the next 3 opponents Sinton will hear no speed to compete. Well this year looks like 3 tough district games in a row well see how this young Sinton team handles it.

http://freeteams.com/files_public/0/69/files//DSC00362(1).JPG

Gobbler Fan
10-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Wharton plays tackle football

What is this tackle football you speak of Pancho? I'm Guessing its only played in Wharton and El Campo :stirpot:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2016, 07:54 PM
I'll be going to this game on Friday. Gotta see my fellow South Texans! Of course I'll be sitting on the Sinton side. Which one of y'all Pirate peeps will let a Tarpon sit with ya?New York Yankee save me a spot once when I went to see a PI/RH game in PI we were packed like sardines. Haven't seen him post in few years but yea it just gets a bit noisy around me and usually on phone on internet through the game. He pointed out who was who just remember Gal and couple others. Ended the part of most thinking I was pirate4state Rita

Weebe
10-11-2016, 08:08 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I guess we'll just suit up and try to get through this game the best that we can and if we happen to beat Wharton it may still not even count since according to you they were never an elite team in region III. LOL :D

In all the years Wharton was in Region III(4a and 3a), they have never made it out of the second round of the playoffs. El Campo has beaten them in 27 out of the past 30 meetings.

I wouldn't call that an elite program.

But I have been told they are a top 5 program in D2 Region IV this year, which I figure is about right.

Blue42
10-11-2016, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry but that is a poor comparison Sinton beat Cuero in regular season too can't compare the way Cuero started the season waaaaaaay too many kids out at that time. Sinton will hit hard and some teams don't like that so don't count them out.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2016, 08:33 PM
In all the years Wharton was in Region III(4a and 3a), they have never made it out of the second round of the playoffs. El Campo has beaten them in 27 out of the past 30 meetings.

But I have been told they are a top 5 program in D2 Region IV this year, which I figure is about right.Wharton has made it out rd 2 only once in R4 since 1950 and that was 2011 losing in 3rd round to Devine. That's just history has nothing to do with this season, they look like this year could be the year with the amount of starters from last season team. Glad they're in Sinton district with Cuero and Sweeny gives Sinton a lot of looks of teams with speed.

Blue42
10-11-2016, 08:34 PM

I would say they are tough just West of Victoria too.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2016, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry but that is a poor comparison Sinton beat Cuero in regular season too can't compare the way Cuero started the season waaaaaaay too many kids out at that time. Sinton will hit hard and some teams don't like that so don't count them out.That was a turning point while the offense got going the Sinton loss showed the defense was there, Sinton offense with Cohea had been on a roll. Sinton was a veteran team especially on defense last year.

Corn Cob
10-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Ease up Tiger. All I said was "Wharton wins this one easily". I didn't say anything about speed, or lack of speed, or being from south Texas, or being from east Texas, etc, etc. But, I do appreciate you recognizing that I'm "all knowing"! Let's see how "all knowing" I am on predicting the outcome of this game. I could be eating crow on Saturday morning, or I might be looking like a high school football genius.

SaltySixes
10-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Unbelievable the amount of disrespect to region 4 teams! Sinton by 14

pancho villa
10-12-2016, 07:47 AM
What is this tackle football you speak of Pancho? I'm Guessing its only played in Wharton and El Campo :stirpot:

No only from El Campo and North

speedbump
10-12-2016, 09:33 AM

It's starting to catch on though. I heard Yoakum and Sweeny were thinking of trying it next year.

pirate4state
10-12-2016, 09:56 AM

But I have been told they are a top 5 program in D2 Region IV this year, which I figure is about right.

Well at least we agree they aren't elite.

And maybe we will beat them by more than 4 points on Friday.

pirate4state
10-12-2016, 09:58 AM
Ease up Tiger. All I said was "Wharton wins this one easily". I didn't say anything about speed, or lack of speed, or being from south Texas, or being from east Texas, etc, etc. But, I do appreciate you recognizing that I'm "all knowing"! Let's see how "all knowing" I am on predicting the outcome of this game. I could be eating crow on Saturday morning, or I might be looking like a high school football genius.

Here's to crow!

pirate4state
10-12-2016, 10:00 AM
I'll be going to this game on Friday. Gotta see my fellow South Texans! Of course I'll be sitting on the Sinton side. Which one of y'all Pirate peeps will let a Tarpon sit with ya?

You can sit with me if you can stand my cowbell, plus I'll be live tweeting :nerd:

Weebe
10-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Well at least we agree they aren't elite.

And maybe we will beat them by more than 4 points on Friday.

Or you might not beat them at all. I guess we will see.

Regardless, Wharton actually has a pulse. Should be a nice change up from what you guys are used to seeing.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Regardless, Wharton actually has a pulse. Should be a nice change up from what you guys are used to seeing.yes a nice change up on overall team speed but well see how it turns out. Beeville under Jerry Bomar had a nice passing attack with a very good wr in Waydale Jones seems Wharton might have someone of similar size and speed.

pirate4state
10-12-2016, 12:29 PM

Regardless, Wharton actually has a pulse. Should be a nice change up from what you guys are used to seeing.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

speedbump
10-12-2016, 06:16 PM
yes a nice change up on overall team speed but well see how it turns out. Beeville under Jerry Bomar had a nice passing attack with a very good wr in Waydale Jones seems Wharton might have someone of similar size and speed.

Wharton doesn't have any WR that size but they have three that may be as fast. If you don't hurry the QB they will get open all night. The QB can make plays with his feet too. BJ Baylor is the RB and may be the best player on the field. The Tigers can be very good or they can look clueless, you never know but you can be sure of one thing - they got plenty talent and speed.

WOS87
10-12-2016, 08:44 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It'll be okay Rita! Hang in there! You still have cupcake Cuero after this to vent your rage.

44INAROW
10-12-2016, 09:00 PM
It'll be okay Rita! Hang in there! You still have cupcake Cuero after this to vent your rage.

I'm just behaving and taking notes. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2016, 11:05 PM
I'm just behaving and taking notes. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDMight have to go over those notes with you at Rosie's Tuesday for lunch :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2016, 11:08 PM
Wharton doesn't have any WR that size but they have three that may be as fast. If you don't hurry the QB they will get open all night. The QB can make plays with his feet too. BJ Baylor is the RB and may be the best player on the field. The Tigers can be very good or they can look clueless, you never know but you can be sure of one thing - they got plenty talent and speed.BJ Baylor listed with 4.4 speed so yea a top player and not easy runner to bring down also.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-13-2016, 06:50 AM
You can sit with me if you can stand my cowbell, plus I'll be live tweeting :nerd:

Did you say "cowbell"? Definitely needs more of that.

44INAROW
10-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Might have to go over those notes with you at Rosie's Tuesday for lunch :)

Tell me when and I'm there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Tell me when and I'm there

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell msg you if i'm able to on Tue heading that way that day.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Did you say "cowbell"? Definitely needs more of that.more cowbells

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2016, 10:58 PM
From Victoria Advocate
https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2016/oct/13/week-8-area-football-previews/

Sinton Pirates at Wharton Tigers

Last year: Did not play.

Notes: Sinton (6-0, 1-0) makes the 131-mile trip to play Wharton (4-2, 1-0) with at least a share of the district lead at stake. Sinton is coming off a district-opening win over Aransas Pass. Sinton is ranked No. 15 in the AP Class 4A state poll and its smallest margin of victory this season was 10 points. Wharton shut out Ingleside in its district opener. Wharton's BJ Baylor has rushed for 694 yards and seven touchdowns, and Trey Woods has passed for 896 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Radio: KIOX, 96.1 FM

From Corpus Christi Caller Times
http://www.caller.com/sports/high-school/football/a-look-at-week-8-in-area-hs-football-3ec19c6d-8b8f-2789-e053-0100007faf62-397023041.html

DISTRICT 15-4A, DIV. II

SINTON AT WHARTON

WHEN: 7:30 p.m.

WHERE: Tiger Stadium, Wharton

RECORDS: Sinton 6-0, 1-0; Wharton 4-2, 1-0

LAST WEEK: Sinton 49, Aransas Pass 9; Wharton 52, Ingleside 0

THE SCOOP: This is the first of a three-game stretch for the Pirates that could determine where they fall in the race for the playoffs in this loaded district. The Pirates rolled up plenty of yards (505) and points (49) against longtime rival Aransas Pass. The game also featured the return of QB Colt Gorman, who threw for 372 yards in the victory. Wharton had no trouble with Ingleside, holding the Mustangs to minus-3 total yards in the victory. The Tigers are averaging a little more than 300 yards a game and are balanced with 154.2 yards passing and 158.0 yards rushing. B.J. Baylor leads Wharton with 694 yards rushing and seven TDs

pancho villa
10-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Wharton's locker room for visitors is about the size of a small bedroom. That will suck when you have to travel 131 miles.

Weebe
10-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Wharton's locker room for visitors is about the size of a small bedroom. That will suck when you have to travel 131 miles.

Wharton pretty much sucks regardless of where you travel from.

Take solace in knowing that at least you get to leave.

Epicpirates
10-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Tristan Canales is pretty speedy

Epicpirates
10-14-2016, 01:40 PM
We've beaten Wimberley twice, and last I checked, they weren't in the Valley

bd62
10-14-2016, 03:55 PM
I think this will be one of the best games in the area. Yoakum played both other the yrs and I think Sinton beat up 3 out of 5 meetings and we lost 2 out of 3 to Wharton over last 12 yrs to Whartton. We use to scrimmage Wharton and they were allways very close. Wharton allways has lots of speed and there displine has improved with last 2 HC. Sinton is talented each yr and will battle you for 48 minutes. In fact the last 2 dist games Yoakum had with them went to OT and they split. Much respect to both programs but I give a edge to Wharton mostly due to home field advantage and some to more speed than Sinton has seen. Very close game.

bd62
10-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Low blow Weebe. I imagine they feel same about EC. Nothing wrong with either town.

bd62
10-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Wharton pretty much sucks regardless of where you travel from.

Take solace in knowing that at least you get to leave.

Low Blow there Weebe. I imagine they think the same about EC. Nothing wrong with either town

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Hey y'all. Sorry I'm unable to make the game. I REALLY wanted to but I had to stay at work an extra hour and I'm not about to fight traffic on BW8 and 59, especially when it's pouring rain. Houston people seem to forget how to drive when it's raining.

44INAROW
10-14-2016, 06:17 PM
You're smart. Mr44 called me a while ago. He's stuck on 59 trying to exit on 90. An 18 wheeler is stuck under the overpass...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 06:46 PM
You're smart. Mr44 called me a while ago. He's stuck on 59 trying to exit on 90. An 18 wheeler is stuck under the overpass...

Wait.....a trucker and his trailer was too tall? Pardon my French, but what a dumb ass!

44INAROW
10-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Wait.....a trucker and his trailer was too tall? Pardon my French, but what a dumb ass!

He said it looked like the truck went on the curb or incline, for whatever reason, and it was too high, not sure. I say, just deflate the tires...... that should fix it

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 06:51 PM
He said it looked like the truck went on the curb or incline, for whatever reason, and it was too high, not sure. I say, just deflate the tires...... that should fix it

Sounds like the rain slickened roads made him lose control a little bit and jump the curb.

44INAROW
10-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Could be. Guess we are listening to the game online.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 06:59 PM
It's raining and looks like about to pour. Yea traffic and now rain TFID keep me updated on pi game here.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 07:10 PM
It's raining and looks like about to pour. Yea traffic and now rain TFID keep me updated on pi game here.

Will do! Unfortunately, most of my "usual suspects" that go to the out of town games aren't going to the game in Orange Grove. So please understand if updates come in slow.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Sinton stops Wharton in 3 plays and Sinton gets pick off in endzone.

Wharton with a drive for a td
.Wharton 7 Sinton 0 7:23 1st qtr

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Port Isabel - 7
Orange Grove - 0

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Wharton punt return for a td

Wharton 14 Sinton 0 5:11 1st qtr

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Port Isabel - 13
Orange Grove - 0

1st

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Port Isabel - 13
Orange Grove - 7

OG scores on the 1st play after PI's kickoff.

2 minutes left in 1st Qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:01 PM
Sinton fumbles the punt Wharton ball at Sinton 2 yd line

Wharton td
Wharton 21 Sinton 0 1st qtr 3:09

99IHSMustang
10-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Sinton fumbles the punt Wharton ball at Sinton 2 yd line

Wharton td
Wharton 21 Sinton 0 1st qtr 3:09

Wow... Didn't see this game starting this way.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 08:13 PM
PI - 19
OG - 7

Mid 2nd

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Sinton at Wharton 30
Wharton 21 Sinton 0 end of 1st qtr

Sinton qb Gorman pick of twice

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:15 PM
Gorman pick off again in endzone

PurplePop
10-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Gorman pick off again in endzone

Ouch

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Wharton 24 Sinton 0 8:25 2nd qtr

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Port Isabel - 26
Orange Grove - 7

Late 2nd

Tejastrue
10-14-2016, 08:32 PM
nm.....

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:41 PM
Port Isabel - 26
Orange Grove - 7

Late 2nd

Good bounce back for PI.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Wharton 24 Sinton 0 1:10 2nd qtr

4th and 5 for Wharton at Sinton 33

Td Wharton pass to BJ Baylor

Wharton 31 Sinton 0 :58 secs til half

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Wharton 31 Sinton 0 half

Sinton moving ball passing most of half but interceptions kept them out of end zone.

Sinton can rebound hopefully in 2nd half

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:49 PM
nm.....

Llano hanging in there. Wimberley D doing a good job.

sinfan75
10-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Brother is at the game and he said Wharton speed is just killin Sinton. Running game is dead and passing game pretty close to that. Turnovers are not helping either.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Brother is at the game and he said Wharton speed is just killin Sinton. Running game is dead and passing game pretty close to that. Turnovers are not helping either.looking slow on wet grass field. Gorman struggling a bit on his throws. Yea run game will be dead next two games. I don't expect a qb swap so Gorman needs to get his reads faster.

Most likely to much in a hole but they can still make it better contest, well see in 2nd half

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 09:03 PM
This score is an absolute shocker to me. I thought Sinton would be a bit more competitive than this. Guessing the rain that fell earlier in the evening is playing a factor?

Tejastrue
10-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Llano hanging in there. Wimberley D doing a good job.

Sorry..no disrespect..wrong thread.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm only posting PI score in here because I was asked to. LOL

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:06 PM
This score is an absolute shocker to me. I thought Sinton would be a bit more competitive than this. Guessing the rain that fell earlier in the evening is playing a factor?

Rain fell earlier both teams have had bad snaps on punt due to rain both slipping some.

Wharton BJ Baylor difference has broken several big plays.

Sinton two drives end on interception in end zone.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Sorry..no disrespect..wrong thread.

No problem helps me out don't have to change thread to see some scores.

sinfan75
10-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Rain fell earlier both teams have had bad snaps on punt due to rain both slipping some.

Wharton BJ Baylor difference has broken several big plays.

Sinton two drives end on interception in end zone.Shocked that Canales has only one touch this this half. He get hurt?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Business is picking up in Orange Grove.....

3 TDs scored in the span of 2 minutes.

Port Isabel - 32
Orange Grove - 21

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Shocked that Canales has only one touch this this half. He get hurt?he's playing still

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:23 PM
Sinton miscues puts them at their own 3
Sinton nothing in 3 plays punt and blocked for a Wharton td

Wharton 37 Sinton 0 3rd 11:17

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:26 PM
Gorman pick off again

Wharton at Sinton 6 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Wharton fg

Wharton 40 Sinton 0 8:35 3rd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Business is picking up in Orange Grove.....

3 TDs scored in the span of 2 minutes.

Port Isabel - 32
Orange Grove - 21update?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 09:35 PM
None since early 3rd qtr.

OG was driving but got stopped at PI's 21 yard line.

PI is now doing one of their classic methodical drives, running down the clock. It's now early 4th Qtr, PI still driving. Same score. 32-21 PI up

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 09:42 PM
Omar Silva 40 yard TD run. Drive took 6 minutes off the clock.

2 pt conversion failed.

Port Isabel - 38
Orange Grove - 21

5:20 4th Qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:45 PM
Sinton puts Orta in late 3rd qtr

Wharton 40 Sinton 0 end of 3

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Wharton secondary has 5 interceptions in the game

Wharton great job on D.

Wharton 40 Sinton 0 4th 8:05

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Omar Silva 40 yard TD run. Drive took 6 minutes off the clock.

2 pt conversion failed.

Port Isabel - 38
Orange Grove - 21

5:20 4th Qtrkeeps them in hunt for district title if they hang on

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Shocked that Canales has only one touch this this half. He get hurt?

Didn't notice he was hurt early look like a arm injury didn't return

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Port Isabel - 38
Orange Grove - 21

FINAL

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 10:07 PM
Wharton 40 Sinton 0 Final

Wharton great job, Sinton regroup at home against Cuero

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 10:16 PM
Wow, so based on this result......D15's top 4 teams seem all out of whack.

Wharton & Cuero for 1st and 2nd with Sinton & Sweeny for 3rd and 4th?

And then there's Sinton v. Cuero still to go.....

As of now in D16 it's looking like Rio Hondo and Port Isabel 1 & 2. Raymondville and Orange Grove 3rd and 4th. But now that Raymondville has found their groove and have won 3 straight games, they could possibly ruin someone's party.

WOS87
10-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Region IV is a nightmare this year. We'll be watching!. :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 10:19 PM

Whoever comes out of R4 has virtually no chance of beating your Mustangs. Sad but true.

WOS87
10-14-2016, 10:22 PM
Never say never! It's happened before. WOS has a bye next week and I'm on vacation. May make a journey down there to watch the fun next week.

iFootball
10-14-2016, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=TarponFanInNorthTexas;1908078]Wow, so based on this result......D15's top 4 teams seem all out of whack.

As of now in D16 it's looking like Rio Hondo and Port Isabel 1 & 2. Raymondville and Orange Grove 3rd and 4th. But now that Raymondville has found their groove and have won 3 straight games, they could possibly ruin someone's party.[/QUOTE

Wharton at Cuero last district game still

Tejastrue
10-14-2016, 10:24 PM

Did you really just say that?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-14-2016, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=TarponFanInNorthTexas;1908078]Wow, so based on this result......D15's top 4 teams seem all out of whack.

As of now in D16 it's looking like Rio Hondo and Port Isabel 1 & 2. Raymondville and Orange Grove 3rd and 4th. But now that Raymondville has found their groove and have won 3 straight games, they could possibly ruin someone's party.

Wharton at Cuero last district game still

Indeed, sir. I said "Wharton & Cuero for 1st and 2nd" meaning the game between the two will most likely determine District Champion and runner up

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2016, 10:56 PM
Sinton will regroup at home give it a shot to stay in the race. Young team they'll rebound.

cards4me
10-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Sinton will regroup at home give it a shot to stay in the race. Young team they'll rebound.

I really thought Sinton would be better. Maybe they just had a bad game. I really did not think Wharton played their best. I saw the El Campo game and thought they played much better. You just never know . Sweeny is getting Better each week. I think anything is possible in this district. A lot of football left to play.

pirate4state
10-15-2016, 01:04 AM
On the road headed north, but not much to say except we got our asses handed to us! Hats off to the Wharton tigers. Just a piss poor performance tonight. Turnovers galore, poor effort in too many instances and way too many dropped balls when the passes were there! Sorry for typos. I'm quickly trying to type this without cussing LOl.

Looking forward to see how this group bounces back. They don't have time to feel sorry for themselves.

Also, I am thoroughly embarrassed about that ridiculous group of adults that started a chant for the back up QB. Smh. You don't do that to HS kids!! Morons!

Again, congrats to the Tigers :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2016, 02:11 AM
Never say never! It's happened before. WOS has a bye next week and I'm on vacation. May make a journey down there to watch the fun next week.Cuero at Sinton? Think Wharton is at Sweeny also and not sure about Navarro or Wimberley where the play at.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2016, 02:19 AM
On the road headed north, but not much to say except we got our asses handed to us! Hats off to the Wharton tigers. Just a piss poor performance tonight. Turnovers galore, poor effort in too many instances and way too many dropped balls when the passes were there! Sorry for typos. I'm quickly trying to type this without cussing LOl.

Looking forward to see how this group bounces back. They don't have time to feel sorry for themselves.

Also, I am thoroughly embarrassed about that ridiculous group of adults that started a chant for the back up QB. Smh. You don't do that to HS kids!! Morons!

Again, congrats to the Tigers :clap: Defense did a good job for Sinton were on the field a lot but kept battling. They get to put this aside and focus on the next game. Buc-ee's was packed of maroon shirts after the game picked up some snacks.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2016, 03:23 AM
Defense did a good job for Sinton were on the field a lot but kept battling. They get to put this aside and focus on the next game. Buc-ee's was packed of maroon shirts after the game picked up some snacks.

Wharton offense
Rushing 34 carries 64 yards 1.9 avg

Passing 14 for 24 173 yards 2 tds 1 int

Total Offensive yards 237

waiting on update info for Sinton on offense

pirate4state
10-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Defense did a good job for Sinton were on the field a lot but kept battling. They get to put this aside and focus on the next game. Buc-ee's was packed of maroon shirts after the game picked up some snacks.

True. Our D did the best they could considering they were on the field all night.

Canales was injured in the game. Hope it doesn't keep him sidelined too long.

GUNHO
10-15-2016, 10:35 AM
True. Our D did the best they could considering they were on the field all night.

Canales was injured in the game. Hope it doesn't keep him sidelined too long.

I remember the coach for WO-S several years back changed the O to a more run offense to allow the defense some rest time because the offense would score to fast.Well the O wasn't scoring many points and the defense weren't getting a lot of three and outs so they still were on the field a lot.Didn't take a lot of games to go back to what worked before.If your D is on the filed a lot you need to be able to put up a lot of points.Can anyone say Gilmer.lol

PurplePop
10-15-2016, 10:58 AM
Cuero at Sinton? Think Wharton is at Sweeny also and not sure about Navarro or Wimberley where the play at.

Wimberley at Navarro

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2016, 12:30 PM
Wharton offense
Rushing 34 carries 64 yards 1.9 avg

Passing 14 for 24 173 yards 2 tds 1 int

Total Offensive yards 237

waiting on update info for Sinton on offense

Sinton offense

Rushing 24 carries 68 yards 2.8 avg

Passing 22 for 46 125 yards 0 tds 5 int

Total Offensive yards 193

Most of the yards for Sinton came in first half both teams defense pretty much shut down the other teams offense in 2nd half.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Wimberley at NavarroWOS87 don't think he has seen either one before so that would be a good one to see live.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2016, 02:52 PM
I really thought Sinton would be better. Maybe they just had a bad game. I really did not think Wharton played their best. I saw the El Campo game and thought they played much better. You just never know . Sweeny is getting Better each week. I think anything is possible in this district. A lot of football left to play.Wharton special teams came up big, block punt for a td and punt return for a td. Offensively they had few plays that showed their speed but Sinton defense did play well might of been reason they didn't look as sharp.

Wharton not much of a football town? there wasn't much of fan attendance on their side.

regaleagle
10-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Nightmare on Elm Street in Wharton tonight for Sinton.......Geez! Neither team produced much running the ball. Sounds like one of those games of disorganized chaos for the Pirates......nobody on the same page. Looks to me like Sinton needs to work on their running game and put in some packages for short yardage passes also. That should take some pressure off the Oline and QB and allow for more medium and longer passes.

speedbump
10-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Wharton special teams came up big, block punt for a td and punt return for a td. Offensively they had few plays that showed their speed but Sinton defense did play well might of been reason they didn't look as sharp.

Wharton not much of a football town? there wasn't much of fan attendance on their side.

Strange, when they play EC they fill the thing up and it's standing room only. Sealy fans didn't show up last night though. Very sparse on the home side.

SaltySixes
10-16-2016, 06:53 PM

What exactly does that mean?

WOS87
10-16-2016, 07:10 PM
WOS87 don't think he has seen either one before so that would be a good one to see live.

Wimberley vs WOS 2005 Semis. Why'd you have to remind me? Only Region IV team to ever beat us. That actually would be a good game to see. I've heard rumors about some Navarro team down there causing trouble. ;)