PDA

View Full Version : Things are looking up for Gonzales

Gontex
10-07-2016, 09:30 AM
I went to watch the JV and freshmen teams play last evening. Freshmen beat LaGrange frosh 42-2. JV beat La Grange 34-14. Lots of speed coming for the Apaches. Lots of good running backs as well. Looked like a bunch of waterbugs scooting around on the field.

44INAROW
10-07-2016, 10:32 AM
I went to watch the JV and freshmen teams play last evening. Freshmen beat LaGrange frosh 42-2. JV beat La Grange 34-14. Lots of speed coming for the Apaches. Lots of good running backs as well. Looked like a bunch of waterbugs scooting around on the field.
sounds promising - good luck :)
something else that's looking up in Gonzales is the eating establishments... - we've eaten at La Bella Tavola several times and have been very pleased... I also heard that there is a good pizza place (other side of the square) we haven't tried it yet.. Supposed to be a place that has good fried fish but I can't remember the name... Cowboy something maybe???

Gontex
10-07-2016, 11:57 AM
There are several excellent places to eat in downtown Gonzales. Running M is the place you are talking about probably. There is also a place called Templin's Saloon that serves excellent pizza and the Alcalde Grill located in the Alcalde Hotel also serves excellent food. La Bella Tavola now has a pizza to go place located on top of the hill a couple of blocks north of the football field. Would be remiss not to mention Johnny's Cajun Café located at the y south of town across the highway from the rodeo arena. Place has good food. Soon, not so sure when, a sports bar and grill is going to open right across the street from La Bella Tavola. Looking forward to that one. By the way, Running M and Templin's both have live music nearly every Friday and Saturday with excellent bands playing. Good place to come and enjoy yourself nowadays.

44INAROW
10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
There are several excellent places to eat in downtown Gonzales. Running M is the place you are talking about probably. There is also a place called Templin's Saloon that serves excellent pizza and the Alcalde Grill located in the Alcalde Hotel also serves excellent food. La Bella Tavola now has a pizza to go place located on top of the hill a couple of blocks north of the football field. Would be remiss not to mention Johnny's Cajun Café located at the y south of town across the highway from the rodeo arena. Place has good food. Soon, not so sure when, a sports bar and grill is going to open right across the street from La Bella Tavola. Looking forward to that one. By the way, Running M and Templin's both have live music nearly every Friday and Saturday with excellent bands playing. Good place to come and enjoy yourself nowadays.
good info - thanks.. I'd rather drive 35 minutes to Gonzales and not fight the crowds than 25 minutes to Victoria and fight the crowd.... :)

1st and goal
10-07-2016, 02:44 PM
good info - thanks.. I'd rather drive 35 minutes to Gonzales and not fight the crowds than 25 minutes to Victoria and fight the crowd.... :)

I stay out of the crowded places if I can...If you think its bad there,,,go to Austin.

Here in Giddings, our little Buffalo Burgers and Wings just moved into a bigger place about 2 blocks from the old place. Man, (or woman) they sure have some great burgers....big almost 3/4" thick paddys. I can now highly recommend them because they actually have a lot of tables to sit at, but it takes time to cook a thick burger, so if you are in a big hurry, go waste your money and appetite at McDees.

44INAROW
10-07-2016, 06:52 PM
I stay out of the crowded places if I can...If you think its bad there,,,go to Austin.

Here in Giddings, our little Buffalo Burgers and Wings just moved into a bigger place about 2 blocks from the old place. Man, (or woman) they sure have some great burgers....big almost 3/4" thick paddys. I can now highly recommend them because they actually have a lot of tables to sit at, but it takes time to cook a thick burger, so if you are in a big hurry, go waste your money and appetite at McDees.

Good deal. I will remember next time we head up Hwy 77.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gontex
10-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Come and Take It bar and grill is now open. It is directly across the street from La Bella Tavola. Haven't been there yet, but have already heard some good things about it. Hope it is a full bar. I need to get a good frozen margarita.

Blue42
10-11-2016, 07:53 PM
I also enjoy going to the movie theater the Lynn reminds me of when I was a kid went to 5 movies there this summer.

Gontex
10-12-2016, 06:04 AM
I need to get there more often. Watched the last star wars there this summer as well. Can't beat the prices.

Gontex
10-14-2016, 12:20 PM
There is also a new high dollar steak house in Gonzales G&G's is just off 183 north next to the Holiday Inn. I have heard the food is excellent. Have to try it sometimes.

coach
10-14-2016, 12:45 PM
I have always wondered this about Gonzales. If they have a lot of fast kids on their team do people refer to them as Speedy Gonzales?

Cam
10-14-2016, 03:34 PM
I have always wondered this about Gonzales. If they have a lot of fast kids on their team do people refer to them as Speedy Gonzales?

.....yes they do....it's no different than folks calling that certain purple team down the road the Liberty Hillary Clinton Barneys!......

arges
10-14-2016, 09:58 PM
Apaches win a tight one 14-7. Bonewald sure threw several fits. Surprised the fefs didn't kick him out of the game. Columbus had over 100 yds in penalties. Gonzales benefited and got a TD on several of these penalties.

Gontex
10-15-2016, 01:41 PM
That double penalty for unsportsman like conduct may very well have cost the Cardinals the game. Thirty yard penalty on one play is tough to take.

teetle
10-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Soundes likes that's de cardinals bes commings aparts at thes seems. theys finds a ways to looses the balls games. Theys always bes whinnings and cryings. I bes always someones faults. Theys need to looks in the mirrorers. Theys will sees the faults. :weeping::eek::bigcry:

coach
10-17-2016, 10:18 AM
.....yes they do....it's no different than folks calling that certain purple team down the road the Liberty Hillary Clinton Barneys!......

What if everyone left the town of Gonzalez except for one person. Would they call it Juan Gonzalez?

arges
10-17-2016, 11:35 AM
What if everyone left the town of Gonzalez except for one person. Would they call it Juan Gonzalez?

No, because it's Gonzales and don't u forget it.

coach
10-17-2016, 12:16 PM
No, because it's Gonzales and don't u forget it.

Don't hold your breath. I can't remember what to call that China school half the time.

WOS87
10-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Sounds like you're from a Fair and Balanced Right Field *drum riff*

I crack myself up. ;)

coach
10-17-2016, 01:56 PM
Sounds like you're from a Fair and Balanced Right Field *drum riff*

I crack myself up. ;)

How am I suppose to comeback to that? LOL