PDA

View Full Version : Rough day today.....

Cam
10-06-2016, 03:57 PM
......had to take my yellow lab to get put down....:(......she was a fine dog....12 years old.....it hurt to see those big brown eyes look at me for the last time....and even though she was hurting bad, she managed to give me one last wag of the tail.....

and by the way, my little boy had named her Camouflage cause he was into his army stuff....we always called her Cammy or Cam.......hence my Downlow moniker.......

Rocket Man
10-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Lo siento mucho hombre.

toddg
10-06-2016, 04:19 PM
......had to take my yellow lab to get put down....:(......she was a fine dog....12 years old.....it hurt to see those big brown eyes look at me for the last time....and even though she was hurting bad, she managed to give me one last wag of the tail.....

and by the way, my little boy had named her Camouflage cause he was into his army stuff....we always called her Cammy or Cam.......hence my Downlow moniker.......lost our 17 y/o BlackJack last year..know the feeling well..my sons grew up with that dog

BwdLion73
10-06-2016, 04:27 PM

and by the way, my little boy had named her Camouflage cause he was into his army stuff....we always called her Cammy or Cam.......hence my Downlow moniker.......

I know what you mean. Went through the same thing about 6 years ago in the Vets office. Have not had a pet since. Hang in there.

44INAROW
10-06-2016, 04:34 PM

I am so sorry Cam :( those 4 legged babies give us so much pleasure.... Now Cammy is out of pain and crossing over via the Rainbow Bridge...

I know what you mean. Went through the same thing about 6 years ago in the Vets office. Have not had a pet since. Hang in there.

when our 11 yr old chocolate lab, Rio had a massive heart attack and we had to put him 'to sleep' in June of 2010 - we told ourselves - NO MORE and NEVER AGAIN.. it was gut wrenching - ... a little over a year later - a neighbor's yellow lab and her 'choc lab boyfriend' had a litter of 8 puppies and 2 of them were chocolate labs... My granddaughter and I went 'just to look' and 6 weeks later.... we brought home BEAR - he's a little over 5 years old now... (weighs 125 lbs)

slingshot
10-06-2016, 04:40 PM
So sorry... We had to put down the best dog we ever had last year. Still miss that darned dog...:crying:

panfan
10-06-2016, 05:05 PM
Bummer - sorry to hear that. Lost my Yellow lab of 13 years to a hussy chocolate pup he followed off when a gate was left open. We had only had her a year. Found them 5 days later on the road, both hit by a vehicle - they stayed together the whole time. Picking them up and taking them back to bury them was harder than i thought it would be. Said no more dogs, then was missing having them around so much, went found another chocolate female and yellow male pup. Great animals. Can't replace the old fellar, but can forge new bonds and memories with the new ones.

Bosqueville
10-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Oh man that's tough. Sorry man.

PurplePop
10-06-2016, 05:17 PM

The sickeningly, sad feeling I had walking my prior dog into the vet for that is hard to forget. Fortunately, my 12 year-old beagle, Buster, has another 5 to 10 good years in him. Or, so I tell myself.

bobcat1
10-06-2016, 06:42 PM
My condolences to the family of Cam. I know that feeling all too well. Cried like a big ol' baby.

1st and goal
10-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Sorry about your Cammie, Cam. I know the feeling.

FWIW, some vets will make a house call to put a dog down. Most dogs HATE going to the vet and will dig their heels in to not go through the door. Doing it at home saves them that last bit of pain and agony if they hate the vet's place.

solocam
10-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Never easy,had to put one of my dogs down last week

hollywood
10-06-2016, 08:46 PM

Sorry to hear Cam! Wow, it's always harder to comprehend and deal with than expected. I bet she had a great and never dull life with you guys.

I'm partial to Labs. I had to put our 15 year old male named Buster down a few years back. We're on our 3rd one now. We have a beautiful yellow female. Great dogs.

Scoop27
10-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Condolences to the loss of your pet-We went through it 6 years ago when we lost our Jack Russell Terrier who was 15 years old. We now have a female Jack Russell who is 6 and we treat her like a queen eve though she is an outdoor dog

bag-o-chips
10-07-2016, 06:17 AM
They are family. Our Dapple Doxie Buddy came to us shortly after the loss of our son at 27 months in 2001. I had to take him in this past Feb. and held him as he crossed the Rainbow bridge. Double tough on my wife as well. We still miss him every day. Prayers for peace and comfort knowing you did all you could do.

slingshot
10-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Kinda get the feeling this is a bunch of dog lovin' guys on here... *sniff*

coach
10-07-2016, 08:52 AM
So sorry Cam. My prayers are sent your way. We had to put down our dog a couple of years ago. It was a rough day for all of us but know that the dog is no longer in pain. Rest easy puppy dog.

Rabid Cougar
10-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Man I am so sorry. Bring me to tears just reading your post. I feel for you brother. Hardest thing I have ever had to do.

pirate4state
10-07-2016, 12:59 PM
:weeping: bah! :( So sorry, Cam.

I am dreading this day for any of my fur-babies. Oldest will be 15 next month. She's a good girl. Had 2 pups that ended up staying with us. They were born on my birthday and will be 13 next year!

buckeyebob
10-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Time to find a newby...nothing like a new puppy to make you smile...sounds like a Cam2 is needed...this is sage advise from Buddy, Dudley, Lucy, Sophia & Daisy.

Blue42
10-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Time to find a newby...nothing like a new puppy to make you smile...sounds like a Cam2 is needed...this is sage advise from Buddy, Dudley, Lucy, Sophia & Daisy.

I agree 100% do it.