PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee at Texas A&M

1st and goal
10-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Some are picking A&M to win by double digits. I say we need our injured players back to be able to win.

Defense still impressed me against SC. Except for the very first play.

This will be one of the best games this weekend IMO.

Whoop!

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Should be a good one. I hope we are the ones to give Tennessee the loss they deserved about a month ago

hookandladder
10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
ATM seems to have a defense that can keep them in tight games, I am not sure about their offense this year, Knight is known to **** the bed in big games. We will see today, aggyland should be hopping.

FB-fanatic
10-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Headed down in the mornin to visit our son, then back to Waco for the game.

Saggy Aggie
10-08-2016, 01:31 PM
hook, agreed. I'm not sold on knight at all but the defense looks good

Roughneck93
10-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Ouch....

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/line-judge-drilled-during-tennessee-tamu.gif?w=1000

Roughneck93
10-08-2016, 07:07 PM
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/tennessee-defensive-play-against-tamu.gif?w=1000

Roughneck93
10-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Good game.

Saggy Aggie
10-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Crazy game, I bout had a stroke several times.

6-0 and 2 weeks to heal up and prepare for Alabama....

Scoop27
10-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Another lucky win

Saggy Aggie
10-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Another lucky win

Which win was lucky prior to that? And how exactly was this one lucky?

BwdLion73
10-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Another lucky win

Guess that's what Georgia said last week.

Good job A&M

bag-o-chips
10-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Well the Horns will have nothing good to say but all I can say is 6-0 Baby!!!

FB-fanatic
10-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Another lucky win

A vast majority of the Vols turnovers were forced. 12th Man!

1st and goal
10-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Not a win I feel proud about, nor will the poll voters...but its a win. Tennessee has a great Offense and Defense. Their O line and that Kamara RB are the fishizzle.

Macarthur
10-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Not a win I feel proud about, nor will the poll voters...but its a win. Tennessee has a great Offense and Defense. Their O line and that Kamara RB are the fishizzle.

Wait, you just said tenn was a great offense and defense but you're not proud of a win? Why?

Tejastrue
10-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Great battle. Enjoyed this game tremendously. A&M just may be on to something.

hookandladder
10-10-2016, 06:15 AM
Looks like Knight has mature as a player, he stepped up big time. Solid win other than the bonehead fumble at the end of regulation, Bama game is huge.

1st and goal
10-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Wait, you just said tenn was a great offense and defense but you're not proud of a win? Why?

Because A&M sputtered on offense and they couldn't tackle on Defense. Failed to put their foot on Tennessee's throat when they had them down. They won because of all the gifts Tennessee gave them...

Last convincing win was Arkansas....

Hope Miles Garrett is near 100% in 2 weeks when we play Bama...

Knight's legs kind of made up for his arm, but IMO, he will have to throw accurately to beat Bama.

Macarthur
10-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Because A&M sputtered on offense and they couldn't tackle on Defense. Failed to put their foot on Tennessee's throat when they had them down. They won because of all the gifts Tennessee gave them...

Last convincing win was Arkansas....

Hope Miles Garrett is near 100% in 2 weeks when we play Bama...

Knight's legs kind of made up for his arm, but IMO, he will have to throw accurately to beat Bama.

But those things tend to happen when you are playing another top 10 team. Did you think they were just going to run away with the game?

You have to give some credit to Tenn.

1st and goal
10-10-2016, 01:18 PM
But those things tend to happen when you are playing another top 10 team. Did you think they were just going to run away with the game?

You have to give some credit to Tenn.

I did give credit to Tennessee in post #15...But after being given such a lead, I felt the Aggies should have been able to keep it and possibly grow it. What were T. Knight's passing stats?

Macarthur
10-10-2016, 01:54 PM
I did give credit to Tennessee in post #15...But after being given such a lead, I felt the Aggies should have been able to keep it and possibly grow it. What were T. Knight's passing stats?

Fair enough. I'm just saying that two top ten teams playing a close OT game seems pretty 'normal'. Certainly not something to not be proud of. Aggies should be very happy with that win. Don't get so entitled that you lose sight of the fact that it's hard to win in the SEC, or any conf for that matter.

Knight will never be a great passer. So you need to check your expectations. He's always going to be around 50% completion. But if he stays away from turnovers, he will win you games because he's gritty and can run really well.

1st and goal
10-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Went back and watched the last half of the 4th quarter. Aggie Defense got beat up by so many screen plays and running between the tackles....I wish Trevor Knight could complete a screen play.

Macarthur
10-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Well, Tenn is pretty good and I think had the Tenn kid not make an amazing play to poke the ball out of the RBs hand, that game is over and it's a two TD win. The complexion of the game is very diff. A&M's defense was really tired as most defenses would be. I mean this was a freaking 5 hour game. I wouldn't beat up on the A&M defense too much.

It also brings up the interesting point that has come up before....Should coaches coach kids to fall down and not score the TD there? It was under 2 minutes and Tenn had 2 time outs. So if A&M falls at say the 10, they run two plays and run off about 7 or 8 seconds. Then they run another play and Tenn has no timeouts. There is about 1 minute left and A&M can kick a FG to go up by 10 and Tenn has maybe 55 seconds left w/ no TOs left. Virtually no way to lose if you're A&M.

Of course, going up by 14 with less than 2 min seals it too, but the bigger enemy is time, not necessarily the score. Ineteresting conversation

1st and goal
10-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Yes, IIRC Tenn ran over 80 plays. It seemed every 3rd or 4th play, they had an injured Tenn player. I pray the #95 young man is OK, but I wonder if any were flops?

Very Crazy game.

1st and goal
10-12-2016, 12:43 PM
They ran out of pixie dust...

Saggy Aggie
10-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Yes, IIRC Tenn ran over 80 plays. It seemed every 3rd or 4th play, they had an injured Tenn player. I pray the #95 young man is OK, but I wonder if any were flops?

Very Crazy game.

He already got kicked off Tenn's team for an unrelated incident. I think hes fine

Also, did Tenn really have 2 TOs left at the time of that fumble? I thought they used one the play before. I thought him going down in that situation wouldve iced the game so long as he stayed in bounds.

1st and goal
10-12-2016, 08:33 PM
He already got kicked off Tenn's team for an unrelated incident. I think hes fine

Also, did Tenn really have 2 TOs left at the time of that fumble? I thought they used one the play before. I thought him going down in that situation wouldve iced the game so long as he stayed in bounds.

Not sure about time outs. I can't think of a single running back that would have had the savvy to slide just shy of the goal line after you've spent your whole life trying to cross it. Had he scored, game would've just about been iced...it was a terrific defensive play. Reminds me of Leon Big Cat Lett in the ice bowl only Leon was doing a big cat strut with the ball hanging out in one hand when he got juked. Gotta listen for those defensive foot steps or hold on with both hands.

FB-fanatic
10-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Another lucky win
Funny! 6-0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Macarthur
10-13-2016, 12:54 PM

Yes, I think they had 2 TOs. I went back and looked at the video.

This example may not be the best example because scoring the TD certainly puts the game away. It was just a great play by the kid from Tenn.l

Maybe a better example is a team is up by 1. Scoring a TD puts you up by 8, but you give the other team the ball back with time. You would be much better falling down before the goalline and running the clock out instead of giving the other offense a chance to tie the game.