20 Sanger (4-1)
21 Somerset (4-1)
22 Kaufman (4-2)
23 Kilgore (3-3)
24 Decatur (3-2)
25 Levelland (4-2)

toddg
10-04-2016, 03:28 PM
yet, another joke!! Midlothian Heritage beat both Sanger(soundly) and Decatur. MW lost to D2 Iowa Park, and struggled against a bad Glen Rose team. many more flaws..if your going to have a website covering HS football, and posting polls...atleast have a clue about it!! LOL!

speedbump
10-04-2016, 03:38 PM
LH and Brownwood ahead of ElCampo was all i needed for a laugh.

Weebe
10-04-2016, 05:40 PM
LH and Brownwood ahead of ElCampo was all i needed for a laugh.

If he's not going to even follow the games, he shouldn't even put out a list.

hollywood
10-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Laughable,,, just an example due to familiarity. Sanger spanked Graham. Brownwood barely squeaks by Graham on a blocked punt run back and had trailed the entire game and is ranked 11 spots ahead of Sanger??? I think people from Brownwood and Wylie would even disagree with this poll.

I think up to this point, 4A D1 top 10 should be:

1 Argyle (4-0)
2 Waco La Vega (5-0)
3 China Spring (5-0)
4 Henderson (6-0)
5 El Campo (6-0)
6 Carthage (4-1)
7 Van (6-0)
8 Stafford (5-0)
9 Abilene Wylie (3-1)
T10 Liberty Hill (3-1)
T10 Alvarado (3-1)

Weebe
10-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Hell, Alvarado(3-1) beat Brownwood(2-2) and is still 4 spots below them.

Like I said, this guy doesn't even make an effort to put out a credible poll.

d0tc0m
10-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Is Josh Pratt who replaced Little Matt?

coach
10-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Where is Navasota?

BwdLion73
10-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Hell, Alvarado(3-1) beat Brownwood(2-2) and is still 4 spots below them.

LOL:tisk:

Yoe_09
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Guys,

I'm going to go ahead and let y'all know that I'm Josh. It appears that I have awoken some El Campo fans.

I will point out a few things.

1. Heritage is trending up. They are a new school and are on the verge of getting in. Sanger beats Krum, Decatur loses two tight games to Alvarado and Heritage. Then we have Sanger easily beating Graham but Brownwood also plays Liberty Hill to a one point game. Sanger was quite a bit closer to Brownwood last week before the big drop after losing to Heritage.

2. Alvarado did not beat Brownwood. The game was 7-6 when called in the second quarter.

3. I can understand the argument with El Campo and not saying I disagree with it. Big game here in a few weeks with Stafford.

I do want to let everyone know this was a late notice thing. I have only been in control of this poll for a short time and I promise you we will do our very best to have the most accurate rankings the entire year. I do want everyone to know that I will follow all the games each week and we are working to actually start providing decent coverage for the small school level. I have been the 3A/4A coordinator for the baseball website and I look forward to jumping in and doing more in football. I am gong to begin posting polls and some of the content here on a weekly basis moving forward.

Weebe
10-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Guys,

I'm going to go ahead and let y'all know that I'm Josh. It appears that I have awoken some El Campo fans.

1. Heritage is trending up. They are a new school and are on the verge of getting in. Sanger beats Krum, Decatur loses two tight games to Alvarado and Heritage. Then we have Sanger easily beating Graham but Brownwood also plays Liberty Hill to a one point game. Sanger was quite a bit closer to Brownwood last week before the big drop after losing to Heritage.

2. Alvarado did not beat Brownwood. The game was 7-6 when called in the second quarter.

3. I can understand the argument with El Campo and not saying I disagree with it. Big game here in a few weeks with Stafford.

I do want to let everyone know this was a late notice thing. I have only been in control of this poll for a short time and I promise you we will do our very best to have the most accurate rankings the entire year. I do want everyone to know that I will follow all the games each week and we are working to actually start providing decent coverage for the small school level. I have been the 3A/4A coordinator for the baseball website and I look forward to jumping in and doing more in football. I am gong to begin posting polls and some of the content here on a weekly basis moving forward.

Here's the problem:

El Campo(6-0) 26 Port Lavaca Calhoun 7

Port Lavaca Calhoun 26 Liberty Hill(3-1) 12

Yoe_09
10-05-2016, 11:02 PM
I understand you point. I ultimitley end up seeing the top 10 something like this:

1. China Spring/La Vega
2. Argyle
3. Henderson
4. La Vega/China Spring
5. Stafford/El Campo
6. Carthage
7. Abilene Wylie
8. Van
9. Stafford/El Campo
10. Alvarado/Brownwood

WOS87
10-05-2016, 11:12 PM
You tell 'em Josh! It's a thankless job coming up with any sort of ranking as almost everyone will disagree with something. That being said, can you knock WOS down a notch or two please! :nerd:
I strongly believe someone should be sharing some of the giant target wealth!

toddg
10-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Guys,

understood Josh, we play MH next week, so you'll have a better read on them..its unfortunate that our game with Brownwood didn't play out, that might have cleared some things up for you. The El Campo thing was a fumble for sure. You are so thorough with things you usually do, I'm sure you will do a great job with this too. Anyway, atleast you're not like the AP, they haven't figured out that 4A on down D1 and D2 are actually different classifications. Good luck!

Yoe_09
10-06-2016, 12:25 AM
You tell 'em Josh! It's a thankless job coming up with any sort of ranking as almost everyone will disagree with something. That being said, can you knock WOS down a notch or two please! :nerd:
I strongly believe someone should be sharing some of the giant target wealth!

Ha, I've been doing this for many years now and I understand it's part of the job.

Frankly, I like it that way. It shows that people care and are passionate about their teams.

BTW, WO-S isn't going anywhere!

coach
10-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Guys,

But you never answered my question....

Yoe_09
10-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Navasota is struggling. However, the real game begin this week. Silsbee and possibly Bridge City will be challenges but they should be in every game. Losing to Huffman this week would be the real let down.