PDA

View Full Version : Salado

coach
10-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Anybody know anything about their football team? I know basketball is pretty big over there but anyone got anything about the football team?

greendawg84
10-04-2016, 09:15 AM
They are a big baseball school , not so much on football . They seem to be better than they have been in the past due to the new coach . They did get a new field so you wont have to sit the band on the track anymore !

They get a lot of baseball guys from Georgetown , if they dont make the team there they transfer to Salado .

coach
10-04-2016, 09:31 AM
They are a big baseball school , not so much on football . They seem to be better than they have been in the past due to the new coach . They did get a new field so you wont have to sit the band on the track anymore !

They get a lot of baseball guys from Georgetown , if they dont make the team there they transfer to Salado .

I know the basketball coach fairly well. They go to the regional tournament a lot and that's all I know about them. Luckily we play there this year. Still can't believe they are in our district.

greendawg84
10-04-2016, 09:39 AM
I thought that was kinda strange when I saw their district . Long trips in store for all of you guys . Salado is really growing right now so leave early 35 construction traffic sux . Eat a Johnny's and all will be good !

Rocket Man
10-04-2016, 11:20 AM
I thought that was kinda strange when I saw their district . Long trips in store for all of you guys . Salado is really growing right now so leave early 35 construction traffic sux . Eat a Johnny's and all will be good !

Geographically, Hillsboro is a better fit, but the UIL will do as they will.

Not so bad for Robinson, Lorena & Connally..........about 45 mins to an hour drive; oinks for Fairfield & Mexia

coach
10-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Geographically, Hillsboro is a better fit, but the UIL will do as they will.

Not so bad for Robinson, Lorena & Connally..........about 45 mins to an hour drive; oinks for Fairfield & Mexia

I really thought we were getting Hillsboro instead of Salado. I was completely shocked when I saw we got them.

Cam
10-04-2016, 01:28 PM
...all I know is the Salado vs Burnet game back in 2011 was the only time Cam Jr got kicked out of a game for fightin'......and it was Greendawg's kid who got the Salado kid all riled up before my boy came in!!.....

...SO.....this was all Greendawg and Greendawg Jr's fault!.......

greendawg84
10-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Well , they apple dont fall to far from the tree ! Funny , he saw that kid at college last year and they laughed about it .

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Beat up two TAPPs teams and Florence pretty good. Got whacked by Comfort 20- 0. Lost first game of the season to Troy 15 to 3.

Its all I got on them.

Cam
10-04-2016, 02:27 PM
.....I heard Salado was salty!......:D:D:D

Adjective
salado m ‎(feminine singular salada, masculine plural salados, feminine plural saladas)

salty
salted
brackish

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2016, 02:57 PM
.....I heard Salado was salty!......:D:D:D

Adjective
salado m ‎(feminine singular salada, masculine plural salados, feminine plural saladas)

salty
salted
brackish

I thought it was Spanish for salad.

coach
10-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Beat up two TAPPs teams and Florence pretty good. Got whacked by Comfort 20- 0. Lost first game of the season to Troy 15 to 3.

Its all I got on them.

So basically you are saying that they are a 7 point dog to C.S.

Rabid Cougar
10-05-2016, 08:54 AM
So basically you are saying that they are a 7 point dog to C.S.

left off a "0" as in "70".