PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales at La Grange

Pudlugger
10-01-2016, 12:09 PM
La Grange hosts the Apaches at home this Friday. Coming off a disappointing loss to Taylor the Leps better find a way to start winning in this first district game. All the angst and turmoil of the pre district hopefully have been put aside and the players are ready to put together top performances on both defense and offense to begin to turn this season around. While the offense hung a respectable 30 points on the Ducks the defense, once thought pretty salty after games 1 and 2, have given up 81 points in the last two contests. That is not going to translate into success in our district. We have plenty of talent on the defense so I am at a loss to explain this apparent collapse. You can't blame it on JK's absence since he was mostly playing only offense. I will stick with the Leps on their pulling off a turnaround in this game. Leps by 10.

bd62
10-01-2016, 02:20 PM
La Grange hosts the Apaches at home this Friday. Coming off a disappointing loss to Taylor the Leps better find a way to start winning in this first district game. All the angst and turmoil of the pre district hopefully have been put aside and the players are ready to put together top performances on both defense and offense to begin to turn this season around. While the offense hung a respectable 30 points on the Ducks the defense, once thought pretty salty after games 1 and 2, have given up 81 points in the last two contests. That is not going to translate into success in our district. We have plenty of talent on the defense so I am at a loss to explain this apparent collapse. You can't blame it on JK's absence since he was mostly playing only offense. I will stick with the Leps on their pulling off a turnaround in this game. Leps by 10.

LG will rebound by 14. Had tough schedule and adjusting to lost of Dobbins took it toll. But LG will be ok and Sr leaders will pick up the pace and that be enough to take care of Gonzo.

Gontex
10-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Apaches will come to compete. Frosh beat Leps 42-2 last evening. JV beat Leps 34-14. I think it will be a more competitive game than many folks are anticipating.

PappaFeelGood
10-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Let district play begin. My sources say that the Leps had a great bi-week. A lot of healing happening here around LG.
Kate's et.al have the Leps prepped for this week and looking to go 1-0.. Leps by 12.

Gontex
10-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Here's hoping for a competitive game with no injuries.

Pudlugger
10-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Here's hoping for a competitive game with no injuries.

Well it certainly was competitive but unfortunately our starting Qb went out with a knee injury mid 3rd quarter. Hopefully it is not too serious. Honestly this season has been so frustrating it is a credit to the players and coaches that they have fought so hard to come back. It was 14-6 when Siptak went out and our backup Qb #7 Aymond went in. Our offense pretty much reverted to the running game after that to run out the clock. Meanwhile our D stepped up and shut down a pretty darn good Apache offense to hold them scoreless in the second half and get the win. I predicted Leps by 10 but was wrong it was only by 8. Now with Smithville next week hopefully the Leps will get some momentum going forward in the district schedule. I was impressed with many of the players last night never giving up and fighting very hard against adversity. Our junior qb Aymond played very well and undoubtedly will gain more confidence in his new role as a team leader next week.

BTW we saw our new move in player #28 Isaiah Moore debut after being held back during pre-district by UIL ruling and he looked very good on both offense as a running back and defense as an outside linebacker and DE. Another positive to take away from this game.

Gontex
10-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Have you seen any stats on the game? Nobody does them publicly here in Gonzales anymore.

speedbump
10-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Have you seen any stats on the game? Nobody does them publicly here in Gonzales anymore.

http://teamplayer.statesman.com/web/home.php?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&mkt=&ID=22426&Season=2016&Sport=1&tab=tab1

Gontex
10-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks, Speedbump. I get the digital AA, but I didn't see that.

Pudlugger
10-09-2016, 10:04 AM
27 145 5.37

LG sophomore running back Jericho Haardt ran for 145 yards in 27 carries for an average 5.37 yds/carry. Move-in senior running back Isaiah Moore made an impressive debut after waiting 6 weeks per UIL rules to carry the ball twice gaining 23 yards for an 11.5 yards/carry while having a big night playing LB on defense. The Leps are clawing their way back from a nightmare of injuries right now but the talent is there and it is only a matter of time before the district opponents recognize this.