PDA

View Full Version : The fall of Navasota...... 0'fer

1st and goal
09-30-2016, 08:13 PM
Reader's Digest version,
Tick off your winning coach
He quits
Your state championship team is losing every game.

What is happening? Did all the athletes move too?

regaleagle
09-30-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm sure there's some school board members with egg on their faces in that town this season.

Weebe
10-01-2016, 12:27 AM
They got too cocky and thought they were bigger than Fedora. They were wrong.

bobcat1
10-01-2016, 07:50 AM
I'm sure there's some school board members with egg on their faces in that town this season.
:thinking:
Prolly some little Johnnys and Joes got some playing time though. :doh:

navscanmaster
10-01-2016, 02:03 PM
:thinking:
Prolly some little Johnnys and Joes got some playing time though. :doh:
Are all these comments just speculation from everyone outside of Navasota? Everyone knows the controversy with Fedora, but this season also has seen a tougher schedule, injuries, and a turnover bug that needs medicine. 3A state runner up in game 1, 3 5A squads, and a Stafford team that is stingy as hell on defense. District starts next week, so with everyone more evenly matched, Philio back at full strength, and hard knocks in, we will see what they are made of.

bobcat1
10-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Are all these comments just speculation from everyone outside of Navasota? Everyone knows the controversy with Fedora, but this season also has seen a tougher schedule, injuries, and a turnover bug that needs medicine. 3A state runner up in game 1, 3 5A squads, and a Stafford team that is stingy as hell on defense. District starts next week, so with everyone more evenly matched, Philio back at full strength, and hard knocks in, we will see what they are made of.
Good luck to y'all. I've just seen that happen a lot in other school districts. Hopefully not y'alls.

regaleagle
10-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Still doesn't remove the egg off the faces of those making the decisions. Kind of obvious if you ask me.

speedbump
10-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Nobody can convince me that Fedora leaving made that much difference that quickly. Over the long haul I'm sure losing a coach of his caliber will have a huge impact,but 0-5 is not the long haul.

LionFan72
10-02-2016, 07:56 AM
Where did Fedora go to? I've been in another universe, missed this one completely!

speedbump
10-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Where did Fedora go to? I've been in another universe, missed this one completely!

They were slow offering a new contract and when they finally got around to it, he said no thank's. Guess he spent this season fishing.

LionFan72
10-03-2016, 09:43 AM
They were slow offering a new contract and when they finally got around to it, he said no thank's. Guess he spent this season fishing.
Thanks Speedbump, I seriously had not heard that he was gone! Been under the weather this year, too many doctors paying for their ranches!! Cut a little here, nip a little there, but I'm better now, just in time for some football!!!

slingshot
10-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Thanks Speedbump, I seriously had not heard that he was gone! Been under the weather this year, too many doctors paying for their ranches!! Cut a little here, nip a little there, but I'm better now, just in time for some football!!!Reminds me of my mother in law's quip a few years ago: "When you first get married you schedule your life around friend's weddings, when you have kids you schedule it around their games and school activities, when you get middle aged you schedule it around the grandkid's activities, when you get old you schedule it around your doctors appointments!".