PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ La Vega

Cam
09-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Another District 13 clash!.. La Vega (5-0) Liberty Hillary (3-1)

Interesting re-match game! Hearing mixed reactions from the Liberty Hillary folk.......they always bluffin'......

Liberty Hillary at Las Vegas!.....who wins and by how much?

Rocket Man
09-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Pirates by 13; I'd say by more, but LV hasn't busted out yet (they sorta did against Connally), the monster is still waiting to be awakened.

greendawg84
09-29-2016, 03:18 PM
I think La Vega wins but bet it is closer than most on here think .

Cam
09-29-2016, 03:34 PM

....G-Dawg....what's up with all this purple love from you?.....are you slowly being lured over to the "dark side"??....

.....this is all your fault!.......

Bosqueville
09-29-2016, 07:15 PM
La Vega big. By 21.

44INAROW
09-29-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't have anything to offer about the game but today on my flight to Orlando, I was in line behind a couple 50ish.........the man was wearing a blue polo type shirt with gold writing...With La Vega Pirates on the sleeves and the lady had a black Tee shirt with pink writing on the front...it had some words and then La Vega Pirates at the bottom (obviously a breast cancer support shirt). The "talker" in me wanted to go chat with them... But I didn't...... Good Luck to Liberty Hill.....

greendawg84
09-30-2016, 07:59 AM
....G-Dawg....what's up with all this purple love from you?.....are you slowly being lured over to the "dark side"??....

.....this is all your fault!.......

No love for the purple , hell I wont even let that color in my house ! No purple or baby poop yeller allowed period . Grounds for dismissal from property .

Rabid Cougar
09-30-2016, 09:13 AM
Modoc

panfan
09-30-2016, 10:12 AM
I know most folks won't give LH a chance in this, but hey we held them to 6 last year. Our D is starting to find its identity. I think Offense is still a work in progress. But, if we can limit their fast offense on the field, and our offense can chug it out a few yards at a time, we have better than a duckling chance in gator pond to pull this out. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!! LH by 3 - you heard it hear first and probably last.

lhhsfan
09-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Got a LH horse in this race so ya a bit biased.......had the same horse in the race last year and listened to how we were going to be blown out in the playoff game. Did not happen........wont happen again if the LH plays with same level of intensity......on paper we get beat by 14-21 like last year......but lets still play the game and see.

Been watching HUDL all week and my take is LV Off not as strong as last year but still very very good!.......the LV Def looks stout as well with both size and speed..........many of their scoring coming off big plays on the ground........pulling the big 44 TE commit to Texas and backside lineman on traps......looking to get to the outside as well......Not many sustained drives in the two games that I have seen due to the big plays but hey the ball is getting in the EZ quickly:-)

LH offence improving each week as well as the D.......they will need to play their best to beat LV...........clocks gonna run fast just like last year.......Im still taking my LH by 7

regaleagle
09-30-2016, 11:01 PM
I've got LH in an upset in this one......Go Panthers!

LionFan72
10-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Win, lose, or draw, this is for the District Champs trophy, the loser will go far in the playoffs. Liberty Hill in a close one.

Bosqueville
10-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Win, lose, or draw, this is for the District Champs trophy, the loser will go far in the playoffs. Liberty Hill in a close one.

I'll correct you. The district championship will be the following week between China Spring and La Vega!

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I'll correct you. The district championship will be the following week between China Spring and La Vega!

Ding ding ding!

lv2937
10-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Panfan, that 6/0 score was last year. New year , new players. I really think the rain had a factor in the game last year. Won't be 6/0 this year. Panthers lose by 10

LHAG
10-02-2016, 09:34 PM

Agree it will be close GD, but hoping the Panthers will prevail. I saw a couple of practices this week and let's just say I was impressed.

Rocket Man
10-02-2016, 09:48 PM

You mean in Division I that you only have to beat a certain team to win the District??? :thinking::1popcorn:

Bosqueville
10-02-2016, 10:25 PM
You mean in Division I that you only have to beat a certain team to win the District??? :thinking::1popcorn:

Come on Rocky. You're not that blind are you?

Rocket Man
10-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Come on Rocky. You're not that blind are you?

I'm just funning with you Chinese Cats!! :stirpot:

stardog
10-03-2016, 01:47 AM
That statement is kind of true. CS or LV could lose another game in district but the loser between them will definitely not win district championship !!!

stardog
10-03-2016, 01:58 AM
Agree it will be close GD, but hoping the Panthers will prevail. I saw a couple of practices this week and let's just say I was impressed.

Anyone that has seen China Spring or La Vega play were probably impressed also !!!
If you want to be really impressed, go watch Richland Springs play (Six Man)..... Went to their game Friday night... they are GOOD !!! They had 10 players -all played - they could borrow couple of players and beat most of the 4A teams !!!

slingshot
10-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Anyone that has seen China Spring or La Vega play were probably impressed also !!!
If you want to be really impressed, go watch Richland Springs play (Six Man)..... Went to their game Friday night... they are GOOD !!! They had 10 players -all played - they could borrow couple of players and beat most of the 4A teams !!!My BIL is an assistant there--they are indeed fun to watch. That program runs like a well-oiled machine...

Rabid Cougar
10-03-2016, 09:14 AM
My BIL is an assistant there--they are indeed fun to watch. That program runs like a well-oiled machine...

Hey Richland Springs can go start their own thread when they start playing Wyle and Brownwood.

solocam
10-04-2016, 06:11 PM
La Vega by 21

toddg
10-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Hey Richland Springs can go start their own thread when they start playing Wyle and Brownwood. I agree!!

Rabid Cougar
10-05-2016, 08:50 AM
I agree!!

And very nicely done!

Cam
10-05-2016, 10:18 AM
......GO Liberty HILLARY!.....:evillol::evillol:

panfan
10-05-2016, 11:26 AM
La Vega by 21

Man, no confidence. :dispntd:

panfan
10-05-2016, 11:31 AM
......GO Liberty HILLARY!.....:evillol::evillol:

I can see the contempt and deceit in your post just like a certain someone running for the prez, but I won't name names...... :taunt:

hollywood
10-05-2016, 04:14 PM
If you want to be really impressed, go watch Richland Springs play (Six Man)..... Went to their game Friday night... they are GOOD !!! They had 10 players -all played - they could borrow couple of players and beat most of the 4A teams !!!

Ok stardog, we know RS is a fun 6-man team to watch. Heck, it's my dads alma matar (11-man when he played). I like RS football. But to say to borrow a couple of players and beat most 4A teams?! LOL You really did drink the Coyote peyote kool-aid last Friday night, huh?

hollywood
10-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Taking Liberty Hill for the upset in a nail biter.

Cam
10-05-2016, 05:06 PM
La Vega by 21

......dissension in the ranks.....don't be so butt hurt panfan...ol solo-cam (no relation!) has got CS whoopin' up on Burnet pretty good too....the man's a menace!!!!

stardog
10-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Ok stardog, we know RS is a fun 6-man team to watch. Heck, it's my dads alma matar (11-man when he played). I like RS football. But to say to borrow a couple of players and beat most 4A teams?! LOL You really did drink the Coyote peyote kool-aid last Friday night, huh?

The Village People are definitely one they could beat !!! (probably wouldn't need any extra, could do it with their 10)

toddg
10-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Ville could use a Ty Ethridge type QB

hollywood
10-05-2016, 09:03 PM
The Village People are definitely one they could beat !!! (probably wouldn't need any extra, could do it with their 10)

you are crazy! I've seen RS. Very good 6-man. No comparison to an 11-man. Not even close. If they could beat Stephenville, they could surely beat Burnet!

panfan
10-06-2016, 08:16 AM
you are crazy! I've seen RS. Very good 6-man. No comparison to an 11-man. Not even close. If they could beat Stephenville, they could surely beat Burnet!

Since Burnet has no D, sounds like a track meet for RS....

panfan
10-06-2016, 08:18 AM
......dissension in the ranks.....don't be so butt hurt panfan...ol solo-cam (no relation!) has got CS whoopin' up on Burnet pretty good too....the man's a menace!!!!

I think solocam was hitting the weights and pump up juice too hard and popped a blood vessel in his noggin. LV by 21,geez......

Bosqueville
10-06-2016, 08:46 AM
I'll say it. La Vega by 21.

greendawg84
10-06-2016, 09:29 AM

LOL ,I doubt it !

panfan
10-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Of course you will - you are the opposition!

greendawg84
10-06-2016, 09:57 AM
panfan , when is the last time Da Hill was beat by 21 ?

panfan
10-06-2016, 10:37 AM
panfan , when is the last time Da Hill was beat by 21 ?

2012 Gatesville team gave us a whippin. Course that team went deep into the playoff and I think got knocked out by eventual state champs Stephenville?

LHPfactory
10-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Watched LV on HUDL, they are good, but again haven't had to fight and haven't really had their chin tested this year. Well it will be tested each week starting tomorrow night.

LH ends LVs streak on October 7th, 2016.

China Spring is the team to beat in 13-4A.

Rocket Man
10-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Watched LV on HUDL, they are good, but again haven't had to fight and haven't really had their chin tested this year. Well it will be tested each week starting tomorrow night.

LH ends LVs streak on October 7th, 2016.

China Spring is the team to beat in 13-4A.

When y'all hit them on the chin, it's gonna wake them up and then watch out, the Modoc Monster will be awakened.......................my opinion.

Cam
10-06-2016, 02:28 PM
.....panfan's new game attire.....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/barney_costume_purple_dinos.jpg

toddg
10-06-2016, 03:27 PM
2012 Gatesville team gave us a whippin. Course that team went deep into the playoff and I think got knocked out by eventual state champs Stephenville?
i believe that was Graham that knocked them out in a shootout in stephenville

panfan
10-06-2016, 05:24 PM
i believe that was Graham that knocked them out in a shootout in stephenville

Oh ok - thanks for correction.

solocam
10-06-2016, 08:06 PM
China Spring, La Vega top two teams in this district by a lot,i calls em like I sees em:stirpot:

solocam
10-06-2016, 08:12 PM
you sure we are not related

lhhsfan
10-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Well heck maybe we should just call the games now and not play......let's play the games this week and see how it plays out. I think both Burnet and Liberty Hill have a chance to show well and win this week. No doubt LV and CS have great talent and coaching but anything is possible and LH and Burnet have been known to play a little ball as well.

Cam
10-06-2016, 11:14 PM
you sure we are not related

well....anythings possible....do you have an aunt named Soledad from the east side of Austin?....If so, her sister Camila married some young ranch hand from just outside Liberty Hill named Monte back in 1962....no, that's not his first name....it's his last......William Monte....but folks just called him Bill....Bill got bored with the hill country life and started causing trouble around town...Camila convinced him to move to her native port city of Cadiz, Spain where he became a fishing guide....anyways, none of that matters...Soledad is a 2nd cousin of my dad.....and his last name was also Monte...his second's wife's name was Blackmon. She was a minister in Dilley, Texas for several years and believed cats were satanic.....She wanted her name to remain so dad changed his name to Montenegro as a compromise.....however, there is no connection to the country Montenegro which is nothing but a bunch of bear eatin' Serbians and Montenegrins............so if you're kin to Bill or Camila or her sister Soledad, we just might be blood brothers....but if you claim to be 1/64th Cherokee Indian, we're not related!.........:vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

stardog
10-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Well heck maybe we should just call the games now and not play......let's play the games this week and see how it plays out. I think both Burnet and Liberty Hill have a chance to show well and win this week. No doubt LV and CS have great talent and coaching but anything is possible and LH and Burnet have been known to play a little ball as well.
I see your new on the DownLow - why did you get on if you don't think we should all analyze (pregame chating) the game. There's a lot of information to gain from the discussions. Cam is the best for knowledge if you read between the lines and BELIEVE everything he says.

After all this pregame analysis we then play the game to see who is over analyzing, guessing, or is just plain full of bull !!!

I agree Burnet and Liberty Hill are capable of winning these games. Same as last year. China Spring spanked Burnet, but Burnet led the whole game against La Vega with 3 minutes to go and LV, with some luck, stole the win. Was Burnet best game played all last season. Also great game between LV and LH in playoffs. LV won in OT, 6-0.

Hope B and LH win sure would throw the Dist 13 in a scramble.

lhhsfan
10-07-2016, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=stardog;1906550]I see your new on the DownLow - why did you get on if you don't think we should all analyze (pregame chating) the game. There's a lot of information to gain from the discussions. Cam is the best for knowledge if you read between the lines and BELIEVE everything he says.

After all this pregame analysis we then play the game to see who is over analyzing, guessing, or is just plain full of bull !!!

I agree Burnet and Liberty Hill are capable of winning these games. Same as last year. China Spring spanked Burnet, but Burnet led the whole game against La Vega with 3 minutes to go and LV, with some luck, stole the win. Was Burnet best game played all last season. Also great game between LV and LH in playoffs. LV won in OT, 6-0.

Hope B and LH win sure would throw the Dist 13 in a scramble.[/

Not new just do not post a great deal........I do love to analyze the games as well and spend quite a bit of time doing so........Its funny when a few folks just see no way for a team to win a game.......i have a son that plays for LH.....3 year starter.....2nd team all state last year...... so i watch alot film each week with him and on my own.......love this new district and think there are 4 teams that might beat each other on any given night........alot of this is going to come down coaching as always........look forward to he kickoffs tonight and hope all the boys play well

panfan
10-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Cam is the best for knowledge.....
:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spit lol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

panfan
10-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Fess up - what's the boys number so we can watch or listen for him!!! Everyone knew who mine was - for better or worse.

panfan
10-07-2016, 08:22 AM
GAME DAY!!!! I'm sticking by my prediction, LH by 3 or maybe 2 (a safety). I can see it now, LV is deep in their territory and their center who is known for putting the ball anywhere but the QBs hands launches it over his head, LH recovers for 2, the difference in the game. I'll be listening on the ol interweb, sucking down a few cold cervezas and kicking back. Shout out to #89 - he's gonna have a great game tonight and cause some damage.

greendawg84
10-07-2016, 09:05 AM
This site has gone to hell !!! Cam is the best for knowledge ???????

He is the funniest poster on here though !

Rabid Cougar
10-07-2016, 09:06 AM
:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spit lol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

Yea I kinda blew coffee through my nose too

solocam
10-07-2016, 09:14 AM
well....anythings possible....do you have an aunt named Soledad from the east side of Austin?....If so, her sister Camila married some young ranch hand from just outside Liberty Hill named Monte back in 1962....no, that's not his first name....it's his last......William Monte....but folks just called him Bill....Bill got bored with the hill country life and started causing trouble around town...Camila convinced him to move to her native port city of Cadiz, Spain where he became a fishing guide....anyways, none of that matters...Soledad is a 2nd cousin of my dad.....and his last name was also Monte...his second's wife's name was Blackmon. She was a minister in Dilley, Texas for several years and believed cats were satanic.....She wanted her name to remain so dad changed his name to Montenegro as a compromise.....however, there is no connection to the country Montenegro which is nothing but a bunch of bear eatin' Serbians and Montenegrins............so if you're kin to Bill or Camila or her sister Soledad, we just might be blood brothers....but if you claim to be 1/64th Cherokee Indian, we're not related!.........:vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

you forgot to mention Billy Bob ol Slingblade himself is my Uncle mmmm Hu

Cam
10-07-2016, 10:15 AM

.................greendawg's fault!.....

lhhsfan
10-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Fess up - what's the boys number so we can watch or listen for him!!! Everyone knew who mine was - for better or worse.

LH DE/TE #89 Carter Ware 6.4 240lbs ......he will match up with #44 the big TE Kendrick James 6.6 250lbs going to Texas.....they had a good battle last year in the playoffs as well as with the 6.7 tackle that went to Tulsa......should be a great matchup on the outside.

panfan
10-07-2016, 10:44 AM
.................greendawg's fault!.....
What, that you have been designated as Mr. Knowledge, no I think this time, its Astro's fault.

greendawg84
10-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Cam = The Master Knowledge , so from now on its his own damn fault .

Rabid Cougar
10-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Cam = Mr. Knowledge.. How do you say that in Portuguese?