PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville (1-4) @ Lubbock Monterey (4-0)

hollywood
09-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Another tough game for Stephenville. Just the drive alone to Lubbock. The Plainsmen are undeafted and are looking pretty strong so far having beat Odessa High, Abilene Wylie, Canyon Randall and Midland Lee. Traditionally, those programs are very strong. Not so sure about this season. The combined record for Monterey'a opponents is 4-14. Stephenville's opponents combined record is 14-8. On paper, it looks like the Plainsmen would run away with this game. If the Jackets play with the same kind of intensity as they did last week, I'm confident they have a chance to win this game.

Who ya got?

jason
09-29-2016, 10:16 AM
monterrey by 21+

JacketSwarm
09-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Jackets will beat the lubbock version of graham like they did steers last week no one has seen this team like they did last week. everybody thinks Stephenville is done. Stephenville will be district champs mark it down. wood wylie snider and big springs will be the Jackets puppets.

Fire Away

hollywood
09-29-2016, 10:28 AM
monterrey by 21+

Realistically, I could see that happening. But something tells me it's going to be closer than that. I hope I'm right and you are wrong again! Lol

toddg
09-29-2016, 10:32 AM
the jackets best chance is to somehow limit the plainsmens possessions, stay with the run and controlled passing.

slingshot
09-29-2016, 10:50 AM
Monterrey has serious speed and a beast of a QB. Ville will have to:

*Control the clock and limit the Plainsmen's possessions
*Avoid turnovers--this may be the key to the whole game
*Avoid penalties--must keep drives alive and not extend theirs
*Run the ball effectively, limit passes--their defensive backfield is pretty good and break on the ball well
*Score TD's in the Red Zone--they will put up points, you need TD's

Rooting for the Jackets in this one and I know they can win. We should have beat them... a turnover margin of -6 kept that from happening.

slingshot
09-29-2016, 10:53 AM
One more thing--run it up the middle. They have excellent defensive speed on the outside so off tackle runs are tough. They are big up front but they got gassed early and we were able to run effectively after the first quarter...

hollywood
09-29-2016, 02:59 PM
The Soph RB Krece Nowak is definitely a gamer.

http://www.hudl.com/v/mj67Y

hollywood
09-29-2016, 03:04 PM
The Jr QB Easton Jones is running better

http://www.hudl.com/v/miwH9

hollywood
09-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Here are a few Stephenville highlights from hudl.

http://www.hudl.com/v/mJ3vd

Sville
09-30-2016, 10:45 AM
I just want to see improvement from what they started last week regardless of the outcome. LM is a good FB team this year.

JacketSwarm
09-30-2016, 01:21 PM
no worries. Stephenville JACKETS know football. lubbock will not know what hit them. may be small but sting hard. Stephenville JACKETS by 21 points or more.

FIRE AWAY

toddg
09-30-2016, 02:06 PM
no worries. Stephenville JACKETS know football. lubbock will not know what hit them. may be small but sting hard. Stephenville JACKETS by 21 points or more.

FIRE AWAYwhen your 1-4, you cant state "or more"

ccmom
09-30-2016, 02:11 PM
when your 1-4, you cant state "or more"

You're such a poet :2thumbsup

Bosqueville
09-30-2016, 09:20 PM

FIRE AWAY

Please continue to share with us your thoughts...

slingshot
09-30-2016, 09:47 PM

FIRE AWAY
Looks like someone is firing blanks...