PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans (4-1) @ Boerne Greyhounds (4-1)

Tejastrue
09-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Wimberley travels to Boerne to take on a former district foe. My concern here is their DI roster size. According to Maxpreps they double the Texan lineup. Their only loss is to an undefeated Tapps team SA Holy Cross. They just drubbed Bandera 48-0 and shutout a normally offensive minded (4-1) Somerset 21-0. Will be a major challenge. Go Texans!

ogg
09-26-2016, 09:56 PM
They will be a handful.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?mkt=sanantonio&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=6078&SchoolID=&Season=2016&DistrictID=&SearchDate=09%2F26%2F16&SearchDateEnd=09%2F26%2F16&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=11&SearchType=Teams

d0tc0m
09-27-2016, 08:01 AM
A good test for Wimberley. Boerne may not be Div. I world beaters just yet, but this game will let the Texans know pretty much exactly where they are as they get ready for district play. Really would love to see the Texans win big in this one. Should be an entertaining game.

SaltySixes
09-27-2016, 11:08 AM
I wouldnt be worried about their loss to holy cross. In my experience they are not a very good team at all.

Mojo84
09-27-2016, 01:57 PM
I am excited about this game. Boerne has developed over the last few years under Coach Dormady. One of Boerne's biggest challenges has been from a lack of coaching continuity. Coach Dormady has been here a few years and has been working hard to instill a strong football work ethic and scheme familiarity. These kids have been playing in his system for some time now and bring in a lot of confidence, hunger, good talent and team speed. The biggest challenge these kids face at the moment is that they do not know exactly how good they can be because they still make typical high school level mistakes and that seems to interfere with their momentum and rhythm. One big difference between this year and previous years, these kids seem to be able to shake off the mistakes and get there heads back in the game.

Wimberley is a team to be respected and our players, coaches and fans are aware of what the Texans bring to the field. I hate the alignment has worked out the way it has because I believe Boerne and Wimberley playing one another each year makes both teams better.

With all that said, I hope Boerne beats the snot out of the Texans.

PurplePop
09-27-2016, 03:18 PM
I am excited about this game. Boerne has developed over the last few years under Coach Dormady. One of Boerne's biggest challenges has been from a lack of coaching continuity. Coach Dormady has been here a few years and has been working hard to instill a strong football work ethic and scheme familiarity. These kids have been playing in his system for some time now and bring in a lot of confidence, hunger, good talent and team speed. The biggest challenge these kids face at the moment is that they do not know exactly how good they can be because they still make typical high school level mistakes and that seems to interfere with their momentum and rhythm. One big difference between this year and previous years, these kids seem to be able to shake off the mistakes and get there heads back in the game.

Wimberley is a team to be respected and our players, coaches and fans are aware of what the Texans bring to the field. I hate the alignment has worked out the way it has because I believe Boerne and Wimberley playing one another each year makes both teams better.

With all that said, I hope Boerne beats the snot out of the Texans.

I miss our old district. Still don't understand why UIL treats 4A different than 5A and 6A. As far as the game, sounds like it should be a good one. I'll go Texans 31-28.

bag-o-chips
09-27-2016, 05:33 PM
I miss our old district. Still don't understand why UIL treats 4A different than 5A and 6A. As far as the game, sounds like it should be a good one. I'll go Texans 31-28.

Think they let the Superintendents vote on the option and that is why the change happened.

Blue42
09-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Good luck to all my friends in Wimberley go get them Texans

GreyhoundDad
09-28-2016, 10:42 AM
You are definitely correct on the Boerne boys having good heads on their shoulders. They are more focused and not easily distracted both on and off the field. They seem more like football players and not just part time players/part time partiers. They seem to be tough rather than just trying to act tough. They are getting it done this year.

Tejastrue
09-28-2016, 05:27 PM
Hey Mojo...snot back at ya! :1popcorn:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5871881/boogblast.0.gif

Mojo84
09-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Hahahaga! That's not fighting fair. That made me want to puke. Belichek is one classy dude, isn't he?

I'm confident there will be plenty of snot flying in Boerne Friday night. I expect both teams will play hard.

Tejastrue
09-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Looking forward to it. Seems these two always play hard whenever they meet. Don't expect anything different come Friday night. I hear it is Homecoming for you guys. Would love for the Texans to spoil it!:stirpot: fyi..I think that is Mike Zimmer. Doesn't matter. Snot is snot. :D

Mojo84
09-28-2016, 09:11 PM
You are right. It's obvious I wasn't looking too closely. My comment about Belichick still stands though.

Tejastrue
09-29-2016, 09:42 PM
Understood..but... the only deflating in this game will be the hearts of the Greyhound faithful. Go Texans!!

bag-o-chips
09-30-2016, 03:25 PM
Good luck Texans!!!

Skullpop
09-30-2016, 03:36 PM
Thanks Bag!

Tejastrue
09-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Understood..but... the only deflating in this game will be the hearts of the Greyhound faithful. Go Texans!!

On second thought..we made need to release a few lbs on the pigskin so we can hold on to the ball just a little better. Headed to Boerne this evening.

Thanks boc! Right back at you. I guess you guys are keeping your game tonight private? lol Go Panthers! and just in case I haven't said it yet...Go Texans!

Mojo84
09-30-2016, 08:59 PM
So far, very frustrating game from the Boerne perspective. Boerne has made some silly mistakes. 3 or 4 turnovers and stupid penalties. Wimberley is playing pretty much as I expected. 14-17 Winner let @ Haltime

Hope the Greyhounds get their heads in the game and get on the same page for a strong second half. Up to this game, we've had a strong running game that balances our passing attack. Hope we see it again in the second half.

Mojo84
09-30-2016, 10:02 PM
Congrats to the Texans.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Congrats to the Texans.
Final score?

Mojo84
09-30-2016, 10:16 PM
14-17

GreyhoundDad
09-30-2016, 10:47 PM
Good game Wimberly. It was nice to watch a game and not see one single cheap shot from the opponent. I don't think Womberly had a single personal foul. Boerne had a couple. Wimberly's big O line played great and their small quick outside linebackers played an awesome game. Good luck in district and the playoffs.

Tejastrue
10-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Just got home a few minutes ago. Great battle guys. Texans had their typical momentum stopping turnovers. Your QB is good. Might be a bit peed at the snapper tonight. We had chances to put this one away but miscues and a stubborn Greyhound defense thwarted that. As far as the personal fouls...it was more like 3 or 4..but a typical Texan / Greyhound game. So proud of our defense once again...just curious..how many total Boerne running plays..3? Just to add..this was a great experience for our pass defense.

Mojo84
10-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Our 3 or 4 turnovers hurt our momentum also. One of the personal fouls was on our coach. He got in the way of the official on the sideline and the official ran into him during a play.

I'm still surprised at how few running plays we ran. Once the Texans defensive coordinator realized we weren't going to run the ball, he decided to bring the house and pressure our qb. It worked as he was running for his life most of the night.

Tejastrue
10-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Our offense has struggled all season with critical turnovers. We have been relying on the defense to keep us afloat. It appears this will be our makeup for the season. I'm okay with it but it does take its toll on the arteries. :mad:

On another note..what's up with all those dive bombing crickets...
and..man, the sound system sure is a blasting when y'all run those local business videos on the big screen. :eek:

Mojo84
10-01-2016, 11:41 AM
What crickets? We didn't have any on our side? Must have been ordered special for the visitor's side. They drove my wife nuts! I was too mad to notice them.

Yeah, I noticed the ads were awfully loud. Not sure the deal with that.

GreyhoundDad
10-01-2016, 12:47 PM
It is irritating that we have commercials. I hate that we have a corporate logo on our turf. The Boerne school board doesn't support our athletes worth a dang.

Mojo84
10-01-2016, 01:16 PM
That logo on the turf is the result of a huge donation that went a long way to replacing our turf. I would rather not have to do the logo and sponsorships but it's kind of a sign of the times. The other options are increased taxes or more bonds our kids and grandkids will be saddled with later.

The volume of the commercials can be turned down.

GreyhoundDad
10-03-2016, 05:56 AM
That logo on the turf is the result of a huge donation that went a long way to replacing our turf. I would rather not have to do the logo and sponsorships but it's kind of a sign of the times. The other options are increased taxes or more bonds our kids and grandkids will be saddled with later.

The volume of the commercials can be turned down.

I wonder how many people have watched a Boerne game and thought they needed to call Jet Specialty and buy a meter run for their gas well. My kids have gone to a much poorer district than Boerne. That district has a much better weight room, field house with 60 yard indoor practice facility, and turf. The only logo on the turf was the school's logo. The kids were given shoes and all their practice stuff was washed at school every night. We had almost no fund raisers. The amount of fund raising at Boerne is ridiculous. I've never seen a school where the parents have to pay for the players' uniforms as is the case for baseball at Boerne. The school board members must all be non athletes and must be resentful of the athletic department. It almost makes you want to do a FOIA and look to see where the money is going.

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2016, 06:16 AM
Didn't Boerne's recent growth come from people retiring there? Anywhere you get a concentration of retirees without ties to the local school district, this is going to happen. Same thing has happened to Gilmer, although the people who retire here are not as wealthy as Hill Country retirees.

BTW, I know taxes are "frozen" at age 65, but this doesn't seem to matter. The old codgers just have withdrawn into their shells and don't want to "shell out" even that.

PurplePop
10-03-2016, 07:14 AM
I wonder how many people have watched a Boerne game and thought they needed to call Jet Specialty and buy a meter run for their gas well. My kids have gone to a much poorer district than Boerne. That district has a much better weight room, field house with 60 yard indoor practice facility, and turf. The only logo on the turf was the school's logo. The kids were given shoes and all their practice stuff was washed at school every night. We had almost no fund raisers. The amount of fund raising at Boerne is ridiculous. I've never seen a school where the parents have to pay for the players' uniforms as is the case for baseball at Boerne. The school board members must all be non athletes and must be resentful of the athletic department. It almost makes you want to do a FOIA and look to see where the money is going.

Is all the tax money going to Champion?

Mojo84
10-03-2016, 10:33 AM
How much did your old school district have to surrender to the state via "Robin Hood" or did your old district receive "Robin Hood" money ? Maybe our money helped pay for the niceties your old district has. Having multiple schools in a district the size of Boerne also has placed an additional strain on the budget. BHS ISD isn't perfect but there is a lot more to be happy about than to gripe about.

Have you say down with the superintendent and/or AD to discuss your concerns? If not, I suggest you do so.

By the, it wasn't the logos that kept us from beating Wimberley.

GreyhoundDad
10-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Robin Hood is an excuse. On a per student basis, schools that send money back to the state versus receive money from the state are left with the same amount per student. All the fund raising done at Boerne and the lack of funding from the district for sports is not normal. I played sports and have lived in other districts. I guess Boerne just knows the parents will pay whatever is asked. I know it must be difficult for low income families and Boerne has some. I am not going to make waves until my children are no longer playing for Boerne.

Mojo84
10-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Why wait?

Robin Hood is an excuse. On a per student basis, schools that send money back to the state versus receive money from the state are left with the same amount per student. All the fund raising done at Boerne and the lack of funding from the district for sports is not normal. I played sports and have lived in other districts. I guess Boerne just knows the parents will pay whatever is asked. I know it must be difficult for low income families and Boerne has some. I am not going to make waves until my children are no longer playing for Boerne.

GreyhoundDad
10-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Why wait?

I think you are being a bit naive, but I don't want to get the wrong person mad at me and have it negatively affect my child. I think to some extent playing time or at least a spot on varsity is for sale at Boerne.

Mojo84
10-03-2016, 01:38 PM
You confirmed my suspicion.

I'm not naive at all. Actually, I'm pretty well informed about how things work and how the financing is done. It's easy to make accusations from behind the veil of anonymity. If you are truly concerned, you would go sit down with the superintendent and/or AD and discuss your concerns instead of posting them on a football forum.

I can assure you, if your kid is a good athlete that earns a spot, he will be played.

Again, I'm still curious how you think that logo on the field cost us the game.

GreyhoundDad
10-03-2016, 02:24 PM
This will be my last post on this subject. I did not say a thing about the logo causing us to lose. It just looks stupid on the field. Why don't we put company logos on the jerseys? My son is a decent athlete and gets to play but donations from parents are an obvious conflict of interest and should be limited. Boys should be asked to play and work hard and not be salesmen or asked to send out letters asking family members for donations for bench pressing.

Tejastrue
10-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Sorry guys...the volume was bit high. That was all. Didn't mind the videos. Now those dang crickets..that's a whole different ballgame. :wave: