PDA

View Full Version : #7 Henderson Lions at #3 Carthage Bulldawgs

Dawgs
09-26-2016, 03:54 PM
http://etsn.fm/district-showdown-between-henderson-carthage-the-etsn-fm-game-of-the-week/

Epic matchup.

Dawgs
09-26-2016, 04:07 PM
Can we get a poll added?

lostaussie
09-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Carthage will finally expose Henderson. I believe Carthage blows them out.

jason
09-26-2016, 04:20 PM
agree

Dawgs
09-26-2016, 04:20 PM

Really? A blow out?

slingshot
09-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Carthage. Comfortably...

Dawgs
09-26-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm glad yall are confident. Henderson has some studs, but I guess Carthage does too. I will say I don't think they matchup schematically to beat the Dawgs. I think it will take a team to play keep away with a run game and a dominant defense. Kinda like a 2013 Kilgore or 2014 Gladewater. I don't think these young men on this Henderson team have ever seen a team as physical as this Carthage team. I think that will be the difference. But when you have as many playmakers as Hennason anything can happen.

cowboyandchrist
09-26-2016, 08:56 PM
The Dawgs balanced offense will move the ball down the field against Henderson and will score enough to win this ball game. The difference in this game that will decide the outcome will be the Dawg Defense, I have seen this defense improve in 4 1/2 games like no other Dawg D in the past. We have had some great Dfenses in the past, but this Dawg team is good at all three levels. The D line makes tackles at the line of scrimmage or they make it easy for the linebackers to attack. The 6ft 6 D end has forced QB"s to throw in a hurry or knock down passes. The linebackers run side to side and they are making bone jarring tackles. The defensive backs are covering receivers like a Blanket and when they do catch the ball they get lit up. Our safety's cover receivers and stop the run. This Defense is only going to get better every week. Henderson is one of the best teams in all of 4A, they have athletes all over the field and a good coaching staff. They will come prepared and give the Dawgs one heck of a game, but the Dawgs have one of the best running backs in the state and an offensive line that is really starting to jell and look like the Dawg O lines that the Dawgs are known for. I believe the Dawgs win by 7 to 10 points. Let's Go Dawgs !!!! God Bless coaches, players, and fans. I pray for no injuries.

waterboy
09-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Ima take Carthrage in this one, though I wouldn't be surprised if Hennason did give them a good game.

I say the score should be in the 38-21 range in a Carthage win.

Gsquared
09-27-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm glad yall are confident. Henderson has some studs, but I guess Carthage does too. I will say I don't think they matchup schematically to beat the Dawgs. I think it will take a team to play keep away with a run game and a dominant defense. Kinda like a 2013 Kilgore or 2014 Gladewater. I don't think these young men on this Henderson team have ever seen a team as physical as this Carthage team. I think that will be the difference. But when you have as many playmakers as Hennason anything can happen.

I think this right here is spot on

d0tc0m
09-27-2016, 09:39 AM
Man, I don't know if I can get on board with a Carthage blowout. I'm a full believer in the Dawgs this year, but I think Henderson has the horses to at least make this game competitive. Henderson will have the best defense Carthage has faced so far this season, and I think it'll be a good test for that Bulldog offensive line and balanced attack. Because both of these teams have some tremendous athletes at the skill positions, then I have to find a place where one team has an advantage over the other, and for me, that is in the trenches. Carthage is so good on both the offensive and defensive lines, and I think that's the difference maker in this game.

I think it'll be a playoff like atmosphere on Friday night, and I think both these teams will thrive on the environment. But give me Carthage by two scores in what I believe will be the first of two matchups between these two very talented teams.

hollywood
09-27-2016, 04:50 PM
Carthage by 14. After their handling of a very explosive Gilmer team.. I'd say Carthage is in the drivers seat in that part of the state in 4A. Henderson will pose a challenge with the talent level they have this season. Maybe enough to get the upset this week.

toddg
09-27-2016, 04:56 PM
as with any game between two good teams..turnovers are key..who takes care of the ball better, bottom line.

stardog
09-27-2016, 06:13 PM
as with any game between two good teams..turnovers are key..who takes care of the ball better, bottom line.

the real key is who scores the most points !!!

Dawgs
09-28-2016, 02:25 PM
http://etsn.fm/somethings-got-to-give-when-unbeatens-henderson-carthage-collide/

Dawgs
09-28-2016, 02:47 PM
https://twitter.com/dylanb121/status/774319090957549568

Saw this posted on another site.

Dawgs
09-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Carthage starting lineup...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Progress2K14/status/775365529636773888

oldtownag
09-30-2016, 10:55 PM
The storm fizzled out!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2016, 10:57 PM
close game

Dawgs
09-30-2016, 11:03 PM
Henderson is legit. Great team with a ton of speed. Carthage out of sync all night, which was mostly due to Henderson secondary play. Lions jumped out to a 22-0 lead and Carthage was never able to recover. Henderson better in all 3 phases tonight. Carthage has been here many times. We need to keep getting better, but tonight Henderson was by far the better team. I think these 2 teams will meet again.

44INAROW
09-30-2016, 11:10 PM
Henderson is legit. Great team with a ton of speed. Carthage out of sync all night, which was mostly due to Henderson secondary play. Lions jumped out to a 22-0 lead and Carthage was never able to recover. Henderson better in all 3 phases tonight. Carthage has been here many times. We need to keep getting better, but tonight Henderson was by far the better team. I think these 2 teams will meet again.

Classy post.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD