PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 27 Sealy 7

Bongo
11-07-2003, 11:33 PM
I left with a minute to go but this should be the final. Hats off to Sealy, they play a tough run defense and never quit. This game was in doubt until the middle of the 4th quarter due to Sealy's stubborn run defense and Bellville's stubborness to keep trying to run the ball off left tackle.

Poorly called offensive game by Bellville. The pass was open and poorly defended all night, but that "let's try the left side" again attitude prevailed.

The Bulls played well and played tough against the run. Don't know how many yards Andrus had but I imagine it was near or less than 100.

Let's hope the "2 yards and a ball of mud" offense leaves us with this game or else the playoffs will be tough.

eaglefan
11-07-2003, 11:45 PM
Congrats to the Bellville Brahmas. We at Fairfield have nothing but respect for a classy program like Bellville has. Hopefully we will be able to have a rematch of last season later down the line.

Bongo
11-08-2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks Eaglefan, and mighty impressive way for the Eagles to finish the regular season. The respect is mutual I assure you.

Bellville22
11-08-2003, 12:27 AM
DOn't have time to type. Bellville didn't really have their A-game tonight, but had enough to get the job done. Bulls did a tremendous job stopping Emeal and the Sealy O. Thought we could have thrown the ball much more, but really doesn't matter now. Hats off to a very aggressive, and very determined Tiger team.

I'm off to OU to watch the beating tomorrow.

the tigers are back
11-08-2003, 12:27 AM
I like to congradulate the bulls on a well played game with no turnovers which really set the game in there favor.I'm not gonna say much more,but this game was so close for a moment,but we just didn't open enough holes for the runninmg game.I do beleive we can bounce back from this one.I wish both teams a safe and good play-off run for the title.Hey we still are both in the play-offs representing Austin Co. and guess what just maybe we will meet again. wink :cool:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Bongo I agree, I thought the Play calling was very conservitive, I think If we would have passed more the game would have never been that close still in the 4th. Sealy stoped Bellville all night up the middle, it was 4th and a yard Bellville goes for it, what play do they call, spread everyone out but 28, then run him up the middle, Sealy was all over that play, we in the stands knew 28 was going to get it, so you know Sealy knew. It was not 28 fault it was just not the right call. Ok its a win and you did it with out a whole lot off passing. The defense from Bellville played a very good game, a bend but dont break kind of defense. I still say Bellville was conservitive tonight, and im pretty sure there was a good reason for that. Congrats to the District champs, 10-0 Bellville Brahmas!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Bellville's defense held Sealy to 184 total yards. Sealy's Andrus was held to 75 yards on 18 carries. Bellville's Bryant had 104 yards on 12 carries. Bellville was very conservative in it's passing game, as they finished 8 of 14 for only 90 yards. Three of those passes were for touchdowns.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Looks like Bellville will play Giddings in the 1st round for the 2nd year in a row. Hey coaches lets play at Kyle Field!!

lepfan
11-08-2003, 01:25 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Looks like Bellville will play Giddings in the 1st round for the 2nd year in a row. Hey coaches lets play at Kyle Field!!OUCH!! Any questions here?

Bull's-eye
11-08-2003, 01:34 AM
Hey Former! Let's play in Houston. The Astrodome or U.of H. would be great.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2003, 01:45 AM
If we meet in the middle we could play in Burton? Ha just kidding. :D

lepfan
11-08-2003, 01:47 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
If we meet in the middle we could play in Burton? Ha just kidding. :D i hear yhey have a nice field....corn field that is wink

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2003, 01:51 AM
I think I will sigh off for now, got to deliver papers in the morning. Need some rest!
Way to go #2 Bellville 10-0, District champs for the 3rd year in a row!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-08-2003, 01:54 AM
How about the new field in Round Rock? Last year they played at Tomball, with Bellville winning 38-12.