PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 - Taylor (3-2) at Bellville (2-3)

Scoop27
09-24-2016, 04:18 PM
Non-District Game

OLE'BULL
09-26-2016, 08:17 AM
I don't know much about Taylor yet but will have to research them this week. I do know I was disappointed in our play Friday vs. Wharton. They have some athletes no doubt, but we just seemed flat. The final score makes it look much closer than it was as we scored twice near the end of the game. There were a few bright spots and we are trying new things on offense and some new personnel on defense. Who was the #10 Brian Reese at LB for us? I haven't seen or heard of him before and someone though he moved up from the JV. That boy laid a good lick and seemed to chase the ball well. District is getting close and we usually have it figured out by now, seems we are a bit late to the party this year. We need a strong showing against Taylor and then not look back. C'mon Bulls, good week this week!

Rabid Cougar
09-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Taylor

MJMbrahmas10
09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Reese moved up from jv before seat game.

MJMbrahmas10
09-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Sealy*^

Pudlugger
09-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Well I would like to see Bellville win this game but must take Taylor by 7 or 10. Forget about the Duck's past record as a push over, these kids are ballers. Their qb is a fast and shifty runner that has a very strong and accurate arm. He connected to their premier player #7 who flew downfield a step or two ahead of our fastest dbs to put up three tds. They have a very fast small rb that can get around the corner and turn on the burners. He also was instrumental in solidifying the win for the Ducks on a KO return to the 5 yard line after the Leps scored to bring it to 30-32 with about 3 minutes left as they went up 39-30. This is a very athletic team with plenty of speed and great coaching. Bellville is struggling much like LG this year having a tough pre-district schedule. Taylor is much like Wharton with speed and athleticism so I give the edge to the Ducks in an exciting and close game.

OLE'BULL
09-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Well I would like to see Bellville win this game but must take Taylor by 7 or 10. Forget about the Duck's past record as a push over, these kids are ballers. Their qb is a fast and shifty runner that has a very strong and accurate arm. He connected to their premier player #7 who flew downfield a step or two ahead of our fastest dbs to put up three tds. They have a very fast small rb that can get around the corner and turn on the burners. He also was instrumental in solidifying the win for the Ducks on a KO return to the 5 yard line after the Leps scored to bring it to 30-32 with about 3 minutes left as they went up 39-30. This is a very athletic team with plenty of speed and great coaching. Bellville is struggling much like LG this year having a tough pre-district schedule. Taylor is much like Wharton with speed and athleticism so I give the edge to the Ducks in an exciting and close game.

Thanks for the info, though I don't like what I hear! Unfortunately our secondary has been struggling and anytime we face a team that can throw the ball and have speed to burn, we struggle. We have played some tough pre-district opponents but our losses have all been thumpings. Even the Wharton loss was much worse than it looked. Coach Rowe always has his teams ready to go by district and playoff time so I look to see them improve each week, though a bit slower than in past years. With a few wrinkles on offense and some personnel changes, I think we are working towards being a pretty darn good team. We need to focus on not giving up the big play and slowing down the passing game. Rowe will have them prepared, there is no doubt about that. Let's see what we are made of!

OLE'BULL
09-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Reese moved up from jv before seat game.

Do you know the story on him? Was he a Junior playing on the JV? I wonder why he wasn't on the varsity to start the year, I am sure Rowe had a reason?

Pudlugger
10-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Looks like my prediction was a mile off the target. Bellville must have been really prepared and up for this game. This is a signature win for the Brahmas and signals that there is a new sheriff in D11. Good luck the rest of the way in district. :)