PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Vance - slot t guru

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Coach Vance is one win away from 150 wins at Liberty Hill starting with the 2001 season.

Here's hoping he gets it tonight with a win over 6a Austin Anderson!

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2016, 09:57 PM
Congratulations Coach Vance on this epic win! :clap:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-23-2016, 11:24 PM
As a Slot-T practitioner myself (back in the day, mind you) I can fully appreciate another Slot-T team and the coach that runs it.

Congrats, Coach Vance from Port Isabel.

LHAG
09-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Great win by the Panthers tonight 41-18 over Austin Anderson.
Tough practices this week that most of the boys understood were needed in light of last weeks disappointing loss to 5A Port Lavaca Calhoun. One starter who has been a bit of a discipline problem quit the team. His replacement gained about 150 yards with including a 64 yd. run.
Another player was stepping in for a starter who was a defensive star and the replacement had a great game and he is only a sophomore.
The last possession by Liberty Hill was with the second offense and they marched down the field and scored with 35 seconds left. Very impressive.
I think the Panthers found themselves this week. La Vega should be a very tough test in two weeks.

Old Green
09-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Congrats to Coach Vance.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

bd62
09-24-2016, 09:00 AM
Congs to a great Coach that in the last 15 yrs have turned LH into one of the great programs in Texas High School Football. Hope for many more Coach Vance.

solocam
09-24-2016, 06:30 PM
Congrats Coach Vance

bluecat
09-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Congrats Coach Vance

Coach Vance has always been a great Slot T coach even when he was the offensive coordinator at Gregory Portland under Bruce Bush. Congrats from GP!

bobcat1
09-24-2016, 10:23 PM
Congrats! Awesome milestone!

LHAG
09-24-2016, 11:20 PM
Coach Vance was rightfully pi**ed after the loss to Calhoun and read the team the "riot act" through attitude and action regarding the lack of effort and lack of team consciousness and he made it clear that they needed to get their minds right. He made changes and they dominated what should have been a much deeper and more talented team.

Congratulations coach Vance!

PurplePop
09-25-2016, 08:41 AM
I know Jerry Vance is slot-t guru but, in my mind, the name Vance will forever first and foremost be linked to Vance Refrigeration.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9Y6gunB3A

Cam
09-25-2016, 10:42 AM
I know Jerry Vance is slot-t guru but, in my mind, the name Vance will forever first and foremost be linked to Vance Refrigeration.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9Y6gunB3A

....a classic!....:spitlol:......but for me, Vance = Vince Vance & The Valiants!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGPw_LBiRA&index=1&list=RDzBGPw_LBiRA

oh....and congrats to coach Vance...even though all he does is bark at the referees.....at least that's all I observed when I stood near him!...I even got a few pics....:doh:

.....and purple still sucks!.....that was just for you panfan!....

PurplePop
09-25-2016, 11:17 AM
....a classic!....:spitlol:......but for me, Vance = Vince Vance & The Valiants

[...see video on Cam's post...]

oh....and congrats to coach Vance...even though all he does is bark at the referees.....at least that's all I observed when I stood near him!...I even got a few pics....:doh:

.....and purple still sucks!.....that was just for you panfan!....

"Really it's for peaceful, domestic uses only."
Hilarious.

And, I lost track forgot to congratulate Coach Vance!

Not trying to steal spotlight but Coach Goad at Navarro needs 5 more W's to hit 150. For relative newcomers like me who may not know about it, this is an awesome site to get that kind of info.:

http://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/coaches_records__g-.html

PurplePop
09-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Better link:

http://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com

LHPfactory
09-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Congrats Coach Vance.
Been lots of fun to watch a great program over the years.

caleb_mccaig
09-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Congrats Coach Vance.

Played LH my sophomore year in bi-district back in 2006 and they were the best football team I played against in my high school career. Incredible what he's continued to do at LH over the years.

Rabid Cougar
09-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Congrats Coach Vance.

Played LH my sophomore year in bi-district back in 2006 and they were the best football team I played against in my high school career. Incredible what he's continued to do at LH over the years.

Except CS has beaten them twice in non district play since then.

panfan
09-27-2016, 06:21 PM
Except CS has beaten them twice in non district play since then.

And we knocked CS out of the playoffs in 2014-2015 run... :D

lv2937
09-27-2016, 10:23 PM
And they will knock the Hill out of the playoffs this year
I'm picking them to win it all.

panfan
09-28-2016, 08:30 AM
And they will knock the Hill out of the playoffs this year
I'm picking them to win it all.

I'm not betting against CS this year, too good, from what I'm hearing. Just poking RC with a stick to stir the nest a little..... I mean what team wears baby blue uniforms. :1popcorn::eek:

Rabid Cougar
09-28-2016, 09:00 AM
And we knocked CS out of the playoffs in 2014-2015 run... :D

Correct.

First year I refereed and didn't go to a CS game all season. First playoff game that missed since 2007 (was in Iraq the year they went to state).

panfan
09-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Correct.

First year I refereed and didn't go to a CS game all season. First playoff game that missed since 2007 (was in Iraq the year they went to state).

That was my son's senior year, he was sicker than a dog that night and they almost held him out of the game. I recall walking into the stadium and seeing those corn-fed, oversized baby blues boys and thinking we were in for a world of hurt. Then they scored right away and I thought it would be a long night, things turned around a bit after that.

Thank you for your service!

This year, panthers have struggled to gain an identity, but I think with a win against Austin Anderson, they have gained confidence that they can play with the big boys. CS is a likely favorite to go all the way this year, but LH will do their best to do something about that.

Congrats to Coach Vance on a successful program. His mentorship to the young men who come through the program each year, consistency in expectations, and leadership have contributed to his tenure and 150 wins.

Rabid Cougar
09-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Thank you for your service!

Well no thanks is required. Not a soldier. Am a DoD civilian.(USACE) Work required me to go over.