PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas / A&M @ Jerry's world

1st and goal
09-22-2016, 06:00 AM
Tough games these have been over the years.

A&M ranked 10 or 14th depending which poll you look at.

Arky ranked about 5 spots behind A&M.

Throw the gloves off and fight.

Game at 8pm central on ESPN

Again, I say it will depend on Trevor Knight's throwing arm.

I will go out on a limb and say A&M by 7

Saggy Aggie
09-23-2016, 09:53 AM
A&m has won the last 4 meetings, but pretty much all the games have been close since 2009 with the exception of johnnys heisman year. The last 2 have gone to OT...

I expect it to be close again and I'm hoping a&m can pull out another squeaker

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2016, 11:57 PM
Great 2nd half for the Aggies and a nice win over a ranked opponent

FB-fanatic
09-25-2016, 12:10 AM
Great 2nd half for the Aggies and a nice win over a ranked opponent

No nail biter second half this year.

Macarthur
09-25-2016, 12:25 AM
Very good win for the Aggies

1st and goal
09-25-2016, 07:53 AM
Overall the Aggies looked great and pulled away in the 2nd half, but here's my report cards...

T Knight's throwing arm = D (even considering the one completed bomb to Reynolds) He was way off the 1st half. 50% completion ratio ain't going to cut it against tougher competition.
T Knight's running legs = A+
T Knight's decision making= A
Ags running game = A+
Ags D line and LBs = A+

Saggy Aggie
09-25-2016, 09:57 AM
I was most surprised by the run D... Arkansas had a hell of s time getting anything going on the ground. The improvement in the front 7 is insane compared to years past

Macarthur
09-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Overall the Aggies looked great and pulled away in the 2nd half, but here's my report cards...

T Knight's throwing arm = D (even considering the one completed bomb to Reynolds) He was way off the 1st half. 50% completion ratio ain't going to cut it against tougher competition.
T Knight's running legs = A+
T Knight's decision making= A
Ags running game = A+
Ags D line and LBs = A+

Yeah, he's not the best passer, but if they can stay away from the turnovers, they can probably beat anyone on their schedule w the exception of bama.

The defense is so solid and they have so many offensive weapons, they will eventually make a play on offense. He's just not going to develop into a 65% passer at this point. The dude is a sixth year senior. He is what he is. BUT as I said, if he just manages the offense and continues to run the ball well, they will score points. Just gotta avoid the turnovers. Like the fumble going in last night. That's a play where knight has to be smart and just tuck the ball and try to make something positive.

But that defense is salty.

1st and goal
09-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Arkansas QB Allen is one tough cookie, and he is a "natural born passer". His passes are on target and have some air/trajectory to let the receivers adjust....I wish he was on our team.