PDA

View Full Version : Graham (2-2) @ Stephenville (0-4)

hollywood
09-19-2016, 09:42 AM
Historically, this game has been competitive. With Stephenville being 0-4 for the first time since the mid 80's and Graham picking up steam each week this season, the favorite should be Graham. The young Jackets will have to play with intensity for 4 full quarters. Being hopeful here, throw out the records! If the Jackets play with a tenacious grit on defense, they've got a chance to pull an upset.

slingshot
09-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Think it'll be close but gotta go with the grammies on this one...

Sville
09-19-2016, 10:34 AM
I think Graham will win, I see a 42-21 type game.

CP3Dad
09-19-2016, 10:35 AM
The Jackets vertical passing game will present a big test for the Steers secondary...just keep progressing, keep improving.

jason
09-19-2016, 10:36 AM
The Jackets vertical passing game will present a big test for the Steers secondary...just keep progressing, keep improving.
vertical passing game? whoever told you there was one of those lied...

CP3Dad
09-19-2016, 10:43 AM
vertical passing game? whoever told you there was one of those lied...

That's a surprise. We've seen that QB and big WR look good several times in the past.

jason
09-19-2016, 10:46 AM
That's a surprise. We've seen that QB and big WR look good several times in the past.
the big wr is on crutches indefinitely...
hurt in springtown game...

CP3Dad
09-19-2016, 10:54 AM
the big wr is on crutches indefinitely...
hurt in springtown game...

I hate to hear that, hope he can return soon. These two played a competitive 7v7 game in brownwood this summer. Skill players seem to match up pretty well with each other. Graham has improved, but the schedule has eased. This week will be a step back up in competition, imo.

jason
09-19-2016, 11:25 AM
I hate to hear that, hope he can return soon. These two played a competitive 7v7 game in brownwood this summer. Skill players seem to match up pretty well with each other. Graham has improved, but the schedule has eased. This week will be a step back up in competition, imo.
yall should win by at least 2 td's...this game won't be competitive...

stephenville staring 0-10, maybe 1-9 right square in the face...they're just not very good yet...

slingshot
09-19-2016, 12:13 PM
...stephenville staring 0-10, maybe 1-9 right square in the face...If that happens I suspect you'll be staring a new head coach in the face next year...

jason
09-19-2016, 01:33 PM
If that happens I suspect you'll be staring a new head coach in the face next year...
the team is young, they'll get better

slingshot
09-19-2016, 02:19 PM
the team is young, they'll get betterAgreed, but if ya'll go 0-10... "Turn out the lights, the party's over... ".

cougartino
09-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Hard the fathom 0-4. Hang in there guys!

briandumith*
09-19-2016, 07:17 PM
I have been very pleased with how the young Graham team has gelled. The D is rocking right now . Improvements in the O has been slower but steady. Now that the deep threat is out for the Jackets. I really think things could go kinda like the Burkburnett game. Except I can't see the Ville QB throwing 4 ints. Graham should win by a fairly large margin. It will be because of the Graham D more than anything else. "IF" the Ville D plays like they did last week giving up 600+ yards in a game that didn't even go the distance..geese not sure what will happen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CP3Dad
09-19-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm not buying it. This looks like a trap game to me. We will have to play great to win this one.

briandumith*
09-19-2016, 09:27 PM
I'm not buying it. This looks like a trap game to me. We will have to play great to win this one.
For sure will need to see if our O is back or was last week a one time thing. BUT I firmly believe that the D. Will be chomping at the bit for this one.

hollywood
09-19-2016, 09:53 PM

Talked to him the other day. He's hoping to be back in a few weeks. Maybe by district opener. :)

hollywood
09-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Agreed, but if ya'll go 0-10... "Turn out the lights, the party's over... ".

Lol, well, I'd be nervous for sure.

hollywood
09-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Meet and Greet at the south end zone score board. No matter the score, I'll be there. Look forward to catch up with my ole Graham buddies.

toddg
09-19-2016, 10:24 PM
Meet and Greet at the south end zone score board. No matter the score, I'll be there. Look forward to catch up with my ole Graham buddies.get a big ole' bear hug from Bear!!

hollywood
09-19-2016, 10:32 PM
get a big ole' bear hug from Bear!!

Hahaha.. well, it's been a while since I've seen ole bear. Maybe the Wylie/Graham playoff game a couple of years ago.

briandumith*
09-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Unless something unforseen happens....I'm in..

Sville
09-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Im in for a meet and greet, what time, before or at halftime?

The body language on the sidelines last Friday is what concerned me the most, if the Jackets can make some good things happen early to get some confidence then we will have a ballgame on our hands but if the opposite happens we could have another blowout.

caleb_mccaig
09-21-2016, 02:55 PM
yall should win by at least 2 td's...this game won't be competitive...

stephenville staring 0-10, maybe 1-9 right square in the face...they're just not very good yet...

I just can't see this happening.

Call me crazy, but if they can play and put together four solid quarters they will be a good team. Thus far this season they haven't been able to do that. If the offense is playing well then the defense can't stop anyone, if the defense is playing well then they commit 3-4 turnovers. Just haven't gotten the ball rolling yet.

May have to come check out the meet and greet.

briandumith*
09-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Unless something unforseen happens....I'm in..

Well the unforseen has happened. I will not be able make the M&G this friday. I have already meet most of the ville old school posters and I hate to bow out. In fact I won't even be at the game. First time in years that I will have missed two Varsity games in a row. Personal issues that can't be avoided. Not that it matters. Just wanted yall to know. Thanks

hollywood
09-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Jackets shock the world at home and steam roll the Steers tonight!

Who's with me?!

hollywood
09-23-2016, 03:23 PM
I just can't see this happening.

Call me crazy, but if they can play and put together four solid quarters they will be a good team. Thus far this season they haven't been able to do that. If the offense is playing well then the defense can't stop anyone, if the defense is playing well then they commit 3-4 turnovers. Just haven't gotten the ball rolling yet.

May have to come check out the meet and greet.

See you there Caleb!

Bosqueville
09-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Jackets shock the world at home and steam roll the Steers tonight!

Who's with me?!

Um... no.

jason
09-23-2016, 03:33 PM
what was the decision on meet and greet?

for you graham folks - ill be sitting on visitor side - i'll be in a tarleton polo and have a "little" ginger baby wearing a jackets hat with me

despite what people say, i am approachable...

hollywood
09-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Um... no.

Lol.. come on man, anything can happen. Miracles happen everyday!

hollywood
09-23-2016, 04:07 PM
what was the decision on meet and greet?

for you graham folks - ill be sitting on visitor side - i'll be in a tarleton polo and have a "little" ginger baby wearing a jackets hat with me

despite what people say, i am approachable...

Halftime, south end of track. See you there little man. Lol

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Stephenville up 8-0 after a 66-yd run by Nowak on the 2nd play.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Graham up 14-8, 1Q.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Stephenville back up 15-14, 61-yd TD pass.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 08:01 PM
20-15 Graham. Still 1Q.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Stephenville hits a 37-yd TD pass and take a 21-20 lead. Early 2Q.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Tied 28-28 in 2Q

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 08:46 PM
Stephenville up 42-28 w/ 28 secs left in the half

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 08:47 PM
Not much defense tonight by either side. Lots of big plays.

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 08:48 PM
Ouch, I just got hit with another sandbag. Never trust a Yellow jacket, lol. Told you I didn't believe that pity party.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 08:48 PM
42-28 Stephenville at half.

jason
09-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Stephenville hadn't had a lead all season before this game.
Over 600yds of offense so far.

Tejastrue
09-23-2016, 09:00 PM
That can't be right...:ack!:

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Stephenville hadn't had a lead all season before this game.
Over 600yds of offense so far.

I have 700 total yards for both teams on the dot.

The big plays have been numerous.

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 09:21 PM
I think it's gonna be a late one...still halftime.

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 09:26 PM
Nocona Stillwell wins homecoming queen...just as I predicted.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Nocona Stillwell wins homecoming queen...just as I predicted.

I was hoping for Nicona or Kylee Ponder just because I know how to spell their names lol.

And yeah, this thing isn't ending until after 11 pm.

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Out of concessions on the visitor side...send reinforcements.

Deputyone
09-23-2016, 09:47 PM
I'll say what the graham folks are thinkin and that is its time to be looking for some coaches because yalls athletic director head coach and offensive coordinator are terrible.

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 09:50 PM
I'll say what the graham folks are thinkin and that is its time to be looking for some coaches because yalls athletic director head coach and offensive coordinator are terrible.
Blah blah blah...your support is awesome.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Somehow it's 42-28, Ville as we go to the 4th

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Somehow it's 42-28, Ville as we go to the 4th
Better team tonight.

Deputyone
09-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Blah blah blah...your support is awesome.support coaching that coaches to please parents that cater to them and cost the team I don't think I will support that

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 10:00 PM
support coaching that coaches to please parents that cater to them and cost the team I don't think I will support that
Yeah, we've heard all this from you. Nothing new? Move on

Deputyone
09-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Yeah, we've heard all this from you. Nothing new? Move onu Mus be the dad of one of the secondary players that keeps gettin burned or the qb that can't get past his own feet or get the ball with in ten yards of his receiver

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 10:05 PM
u Mus be the dad of one of the secondary players that keeps gettin burned or the qb that can't get past his own feet or get the ball with in ten yards of his receiver

Thats great, call out the kids...classy dude.

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 10:06 PM
Thats great, call out the kids...classy dude.

Anybody else you wanna throw under the bus? The dog is down, keep kickin it.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Stephenville 55, Graham 28.

6 min left.

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 10:20 PM
Final: Stephenville 55, Graham 28

May the doubters forever live in their doubt.

jason
09-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Stephenville 55, Graham 28.

6 min left.

8 consecutive stops for Stephenville defense. That might be a record.

jason
09-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Final: Stephenville 55, Graham 28

May the doubters forever live in their doubt.

I'll amend my prediction to 2-8...
The team that showed up tonight might win some games....but Graham isn't very good...

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2016, 10:24 PM
The team that showed up tonight might win some games....but Graham isn't very good...

I think we take down Snyder and Big Spring.

Sville
09-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Good job Jackets, they got off to a fast start and started getting more confidence as the game went on.

CP3Dad
09-23-2016, 10:47 PM

Well crap...I guess thats it then...Jason doesn't like us.

jason
09-23-2016, 11:25 PM
Well crap...I guess thats it then...Jason doesn't like us.

I'm just a realist....
They took a step forward tonight....next few are gonna be tough.

Deputyone
09-23-2016, 11:38 PM
Good teams can watch film on the steers and tell real easy the secondary is wide open for attack and qb shouldn't be an I'm sorry but that's how it is and people of Graham know why he is. Receivers look like pigmys and they don't play anyone both ways and on top of that you know their play book without even taking a look at the dam thing so graham isn't gonna have a ship in their hands as long as they let coaches lik this stay

CP3Dad
09-24-2016, 12:37 AM
Good teams can watch film on the steers and tell real easy the secondary is wide open for attack and qb shouldn't be an I'm sorry but that's how it is and people of Graham know why he is. Receivers look like pigmys and they don't play anyone both ways and on top of that you know their play book without even taking a look at the dam thing so graham isn't gonna have a ship in their hands as long as they let coaches lik this stay

Okay, now we have your plan for success. Fire the coaches, play the other QB and replace the receivers and secondary. The people of Graham are on it, cause we need a ship in our hands, and Deputyone has shown us the way.

CP3Dad
09-24-2016, 12:38 AM
Okay, now we have your plan for success. Fire the coaches, play the other QB and replace the receivers and secondary. The people of Graham are on it, cause we need a ship in our hands, and Deputyone has shown us the way.

Oh yeah, and play more players both ways, as long as they meet Deputyone's height requirements.

hollywood
09-24-2016, 12:45 AM
I was pretty impressed with Graham's QB. He threw some great passes tonight. Mostly in the first half. Strong arm. He could scramble pretty well too. Sville's defense stiffened up in the second half. Haven't been able to say that in a while!

Graham has a solid team, just got to work out some kinks. That RB is explosive. Best of luck the rest of the season Graham!

CP3Dad
09-24-2016, 12:58 AM
I was pretty impressed with Graham's QB. He threw some great passes tonight. Mostly in the first half. Strong arm. He could scramble pretty well too. Sville's defense stiffened up in the second half. Haven't been able to say that in a while!

Graham has a solid team, just got to work out some kinks. That RB is explosive. Best of luck the rest of the season Graham!

Always good to come to Stephenville. Good folks there. I expected nothing less from Jones. He is a gamer. Best of luck to the Jackets also. See yall next year.

jason
09-24-2016, 10:04 AM
Always good to come to Stephenville. Good folks there. I expected nothing less from Jones. He is a gamer. Best of luck to the Jackets also. See yall next year.

By far his best game of the season.

Dawgs
09-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Ville showing life!!

toddg
09-24-2016, 11:58 AM

what?!! guess he didnt watch "school house rock" when he was a kiddo!!

good win Jackets!! that was the bounce, nowhere to go but up!!

Deputyone
09-25-2016, 04:39 PM
Read the player bio on number 32 at blinn bucs and that will give you a idea of how the players view the coach at graham. He is killing Graham athletics with his politics

hollywood
09-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Um... no.

Um... told ya so! Lol smh.. when are you ever going to learn? Never ever ever overlook the unthinkable.

:wave:

hollywood
09-25-2016, 05:22 PM
I think we take down Snyder and Big Spring.

And Brownwood. Possibly Wylie as well. Neither have been overly impressive. Not to say there isn't much respect for either, just pointing out that there is still a lot of football left. We will see how the Wylie @ Brownwood game goes in a couple of weeks.

CP3Dad
09-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Read the player bio on number 32 at blinn bucs and that will give you a idea of how the players view the coach at graham. He is killing Graham athletics with his politics
One of the very best. I hope he's finding a good environment to succeed again.

Bosqueville
09-25-2016, 07:33 PM
And Brownwood. Possibly Wylie as well. Neither have been overly impressive. Not to say there isn't much respect for either, just pointing out that there is still a lot of football left. We will see how the Wylie @ Brownwood game goes in a couple of weeks.

Please oh please tap the breaks and put down the pipe!

slingshot
09-26-2016, 11:24 AM
And Brownwood. Possibly Wylie as well. Neither have been overly impressive. Not to say there isn't much respect for either, just pointing out that there is still a lot of football left. We will see how the Wylie @ Brownwood game goes in a couple of weeks.Win one game and now they're going to sweep the district... :crazy: I'll give you Snyder and Big Spring... Brownwood is way better than most people think. It just all comes down to how well the kids adjust to the new system and if they cut down on the mistakes and penalties. They are a VERY talented team. This Wylie team is similar to last years--big, deep, disciplined, well coached. Had a lot of mistakes first couple of games due to every skill position player being a new starter. Now they are really starting to jell and if can stay healthy will likely roll through district. Stephenville is talented but young and suffers from some 'questionable coaching' (diehard Stephenville fans wording--not mine).

hollywood
09-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Win one game and now they're going to sweep the district... :crazy: I'll give you Snyder and Big Spring... Brownwood is way better than most people think. It just all comes down to how well the kids adjust to the new system and if they cut down on the mistakes and penalties. They are a VERY talented team. This Wylie team is similar to last years--big, deep, disciplined, well coached. Had a lot of mistakes first couple of games due to every skill position player being a new starter. Now they are really starting to jell and if can stay healthy will likely roll through district. Stephenville is talented but young and suffers from some 'questionable coaching' (diehard Stephenville fans wording--not mine).

LOL.. I knew I'd get you out of the corner somehow. To be honest, it was just one game like you said. I will say this.. if they continue to play like they did Friday as well as continue to improve.. they could be a pretty tough out. Moved some key players around and the combination worked. Brought up some JV players that contributed. The OL and DL played their you know whats off.

Now Lubbock Monterey will be a whole other challenge, we know this. Just hope to get out of that one healthy. A bye week to follow before the Brownwood game to open up district play.

I talked to a few over in Brownwood and they are trying to get some things figured out as well. Have had several close games.. won some and lost some. I also talked to a Wylie faithful and they mentioned Wylie was kinda in the same situation. Trying to get some things clicking. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Jackets for district!!! Who's with me???

:stirpot:

:wave:

slingshot
09-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Monterey is pretty good... speed everywhere, decent size, good depth---typical big 5A team (dropped from 6A this year). They beat Midland Lee and Odessa High soundly. We played like complete crap against them and gave up SIX turnovers while they had none. Not going to win many games that way! When we weren't giving the ball away we moved it well and scored. Good luck and hope you guys pull off the win.

JacketSwarm
09-28-2016, 10:11 PM
I would be embarrassed if I was from graham. do they know what good football is, apparently not. Jackets showed them how it is ment to be played

Fire Away

CP3Dad
09-29-2016, 07:00 AM
I would be embarrassed if I was from graham. do they know what good football is, apparently not. Jackets showed them how it is ment to be played

Fire Away

We would all be embarrassed if you were from Graham.

ccmom
09-29-2016, 07:39 AM
We would all be embarrassed if you were from Graham. Hahahaha!!

BwdLion73
09-29-2016, 07:52 AM
We would all be embarrassed if you were from Graham.

:clap::D

slingshot
09-29-2016, 07:59 AM
We would all be embarrassed if you were from Graham.Funniest post in a while 👍. I think even the Stephenville folks are embarrassed to claim him...

FIRE AWAY

JacketSwarm
09-29-2016, 10:54 AM
funny how those that are laughing are struggling with the fact that ther teams are overrated. big time. district will be here soon and the Jackets will show you punks what real football is. not want to be's.

Fire Away

slingshot
09-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Just ignore him... he'll crawl back under his rock soon enough. :wave:

JacketSwarm
09-30-2016, 01:23 PM
haha slinghot. ignore and see what happens. JACKETS got it. we ready. JACKETS will be wylies worst nightmare this year.

FIRE AWAY