PDA

View Full Version : PI 63 - Rice 61!!!!!!!

Ray_BearKat
12-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!

LHMom
12-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Congrats, Tarpons on an AWESOME victory.

turbostud
12-06-2003, 06:37 PM
PORT ISABEL TARPONS DIVII REGION 4 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT JOB!!

Wildcat81
12-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Great job Tarpons.

bbfan
12-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Way to go Port Isabel - thats why they play the game!!!!

Old Cardinal
12-06-2003, 07:10 PM
My Cong'ts to Port Isabel, they did not brag brag brag-they just resolved to come and play!

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Congratulations, Port Isabel. Great game!

SintonFan
12-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Congratulations Tarpons! That was a great game!
I hope yall play in SA again. :cool:

Bull's-eye
12-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Congratulations Tarpons, you are starting to look like the "Bandera" team of last year. Everybody has been talking about Bellville, Marlin and Rice. Good luck in the next round.

footballgal
12-07-2003, 12:09 AM
SintonFan:
I hope yall play in SA again. :cool: Hey SintonFan so did you make the game?

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

pirate4state
12-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Anyone know when, where, time, etc., of next weeks match-up???

footballgal
12-07-2003, 01:20 AM
Not yet but as soon as I do I will post it!

pirate4state
12-07-2003, 01:24 AM
Thanks footballgal, pls ck pm. :)

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2003, 02:05 AM
Way togo PI i told yall they were gonna win

bd62
12-07-2003, 02:24 AM
great job p.i. go win it all.

SintonFan
12-07-2003, 03:18 AM
footballgal:

SintonFan:
I hope yall play in SA again. :cool: Hey SintonFan so did you make the fan?I made the game if that's what you were talking about. I'm a PI fan, too. LOL
I was sitting about the 15 yard line on the wrap-around end. Lots of poisterous fans there. Your flag waving cheer guy spent alot of time there. One guy above me decided to yell "Go Tarpons Go!" quite a bit. I had to help. Jeez, what can you say? It was different to cheer for another team so much, but it only took around a quarter to adjust. LOL My son had a great time making origami for a girl his age. That was cool, too.
The guy who was above me was an older gentleman(from Austin) who played for Washington and lost in the national championship game(I couldn't get the full story cuz it was when PI went up 35-27)? No crap. I met several very nice PI folks at halftime. LOL I met a couple of guys from Victoria(who supported Cuero) at the halftime smoke.
This PI team would not let up and if they put the same effort against Marlin, who knows.
Someone on another post said Marlin-PI @ the Alamodome, 8 pm Saturday.
I hope this is true. :cool:

intocable_cowboy
12-07-2003, 07:36 AM
congrats PI, make region IV proud and take it all the way...

sinton66
12-07-2003, 08:59 AM
P.I. is the only south R4 rep left, Calallen lost to Bay City last night 23-21. OK Tarpons, you gotta carry the load here. Good luck and best wishes from Sinton.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
12-07-2003, 09:36 AM
This game set a state playoff record for highest points scored in a playoff game! 124 points! Congradulations to both teams, they both did excellent jobs. P.I. you better get ready for Marlin though, because they are bringing the heat!

BrahmaMom
12-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Congrats to P.I. To Rice, congrats on a great run, guys. It's been fun. Old Card was right, P.I. didn't say a word, just went in there and won! That is Texas high school football at its best! Good Luck Tarpons!

sinton66
12-07-2003, 09:49 AM
MOST POINTS SCORED GAME, BOTH TEAMS (SINCE 1951)
138 Somerville 70, Thrall 68, 1998
130 Menard 82, Eden 48, 1962
130 Centerville 82, Groveton 48, 2003
127 Liberty 64, Stafford 63, 1998
124 Port Isabel 63, Rice Consolidated 61 2003

(According to Collier-Sharp)

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

footballgal
12-07-2003, 10:21 AM
SintonFan:

footballgal:

SintonFan:
I hope yall play in SA again. :cool: Hey SintonFan so did you make the fan?I made the game if that's what you were talking about. I'm a PI fan, too. LOL
I was sitting about the 15 yard line on the wrap-around end. Lots of poisterous fans there. Your flag waving cheer guy spent alot of time there. One guy above me decided to yell "Go Tarpons Go!" quite a bit. I had to help. Jeez, what can you say? It was different to cheer for another team so much, but it only took around a quarter to adjust. LOL My son had a great time making origami for a girl his age. That was cool, too.
The guy who was above me was an older gentleman(from Austin) who played for Washington and lost in the national championship game(I couldn't get the full story cuz it was when PI went up 35-27)? No crap. I met several very nice PI folks at halftime. LOL I met a couple of guys from Victoria(who supported Cuero) at the halftime smoke.
This PI team would not let up and if they put the same effort against Marlin, who knows.
Someone on another post said Marlin-PI @ the Alamodome, 8 pm Saturday.
I hope this is true. :cool: LOL, :D Sorry for the dyslexia, I don't know why I typed Fan instead of game. Tired I guess.

Yeah it's official Alamodome 8pm Saturday.

Sounds like you and your son had a good time hehe :)

footballgal
12-07-2003, 10:39 AM
http://www.valleystar.com/images/uploads/PI120703.jpg http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/images/uploads/1207_PI_Missle.jpg http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/images/uploads/1207_PI_celebrate.jpg

Take your pic of articles on the game:

Unbelievable (http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/sports.php)

Valley top Playoff victories (http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/sports_comments.php?id=55982_0_9_0_C)

Talking it to the next level (http://www.valleystar.com/sports_more.php?id=51101_0_12_0_M)

Seawall Defense comes through (http://www.valleystar.com/sports_more.php?id=51100_0_12_0_M)

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Da Mules
12-07-2003, 10:41 AM
I think the 1963 Donna Redskins won the state 2A title, and the 1991? Harlingen Cardinals made it to the 5a quarterfinals. Wouldn't this Port Isabel semi-final game also be one of the highest levels any Valley team ever achieved?

footballgal
12-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Da Mules:
I think the 1963 Donna Redskins won the state 2A title, and the 1991? Harlingen Cardinals made it to the 5a quarterfinals. Wouldn't this Port Isabel semi-final game also be one of the highest levels any Valley team ever achieved?Actually there is only one State Title for the Valley with Donna. Mission and Harlingen made the quarterfinals as well. Yes, this is PI's 3rd trip to the semi-finals, '81 '94 and '03. Hopefully the saying "The 3rd one's the charm", will become true for the Tarpons.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

husker_football_fan
12-07-2003, 11:34 AM
PI, thank you for giving me one of the best games I have ever seen, and the best game I have ever broadcast. I hate to see Rice loose. There was one thing I never took a close look at and that was yalls ability to run the option. Also, hats off to the fullback for one heck of a game. I hate to see anyone loose a game like that. Good luck to Marlin and PI. If any team deserves to be regional champs it's you guys.

footballgal
12-07-2003, 11:47 AM
husker_football_fan:
PI, thank you for giving me one of the best games I have ever seen, and the best game I have ever broadcast. I hate to see Rice loose. There was one thing I never took a close look at and that was yalls ability to run the option. Also, hats off to the fullback for one heck of a game. I hate to see anyone loose a game like that. Good luck to Marlin and PI. If any team deserves to be regional champs it's you guys.Thanks Husker_Football_fan, for a being a good sport, and I know what you mean when I game like this is played you really hate to see anyone loose, but someone has to win the game. Both teams gave it all they had and left everything on the field last night. Both showed alot of character on both sides, and nothing but respect was left for each other's teams both from the players as well as the fans!

BTW,on your Broadcast will you retransmitt the game through the web or anything like that, like the Liberty Hills' Panther webcast?

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Ray_BearKat
12-07-2003, 12:38 PM
footballgal:

Da Mules:
I think the 1963 Donna Redskins won the state 2A title, and the 1991? Harlingen Cardinals made it to the 5a quarterfinals. Wouldn't this Port Isabel semi-final game also be one of the highest levels any Valley team ever achieved?Actually there is only one State Title for the Valley with Donna. Mission and Harlingen made the quarterfinals as well. Yes, this is PI's 3rd trip to the semi-finals, '81 '94 and '03. Hopefully the saying "The 3rd one's the charm", will become true for the Tarpons.Hey congrats Footballgal, I was going crazy reading the play by play on here, I can only imagine how it was for you.

Remember, Raymondville also made the quarterfinals in 98 but lost to Cuero and Edinburg made the semi's in 99 but lost to Aldine Eisenhower. I think the fact that we (valley schools) make it far in the playoffs too far in between. That people forget that. PI has been the only consistent team. Occasionally we send a team that far but they never follow up the following year. Anyways good luck next week I was praying for yall this week and will be praying for yall next week.

spiveyrat
12-08-2003, 01:16 PM
That's a football score? I thought, at first, it was basketball! Gheez! Were there any defenses present at this game? eek!

mike_jones_2k3
12-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Well fought game Tarpons. This was a very great game. You all found our weakness and exploited it.

Good Game.

PI-fan
12-08-2003, 04:50 PM
mike_jones_2k3:
Well fought game Tarpons. This was a very great game. You all found our weakness and exploited it.

Good Game.Now all we need is to find Marlin's weakness, :D anyone want to volunteer some info?

footballgal
12-08-2003, 05:06 PM
PI-fan:

mike_jones_2k3:

Good Game.Now all we need is to find Marlin's weakness, :D anyone want to volunteer some info?Ditto, I was thinking the exact same thing. Or was there some sarcasm in his post??