PDA

View Full Version : Navarro @ Refugio Friday 7:30 at Jack Sportsman Bobcat Stadium

10ForTheWin
09-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Two really good teams clashing this Friday. I think it could start pretty close, but the depth of Navarro will be too much for the smaller Refugio team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Two really good teams clashing this Friday. I think it could start pretty close, but the depth of Navarro will be too much for the smaller Refugio team.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkStill thinking it over if going to this game or Sinton game. Over the years slot t teams have given Refugio fits but with their offense it never really was a factor. Don't underestimate them they're not going in thinking they're the underdogs.

bag-o-chips
09-18-2016, 05:55 PM
From the other forums and Polls I have seen they are the favorites and the pick to win and should be playing at home and #1 in the State in 2A. I don't think they will be underestimated at all! Looking for a Great Game Friday!

Old Green
09-18-2016, 07:17 PM
I wish I attend this game ! And I still might. ...... You will notice familiar name on the Refugio roster. D'mond LaFond at WR. He played against Navarro for Cuero a couple years a go as freshman. I'm taking the Panthers by 12 b

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Yoe_09
09-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Refugio appears to be really good but Navarro is a much larger team and they are playing extremely well right now. Looking at a 28-point game or so.

solocam
09-18-2016, 08:54 PM
Navarro by 14

toddg
09-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Navarro rolls, as well as they are playing.. I don't care how good a 2A team is!!

bag-o-chips
09-19-2016, 05:46 AM
I wish I attend this game ! And I still might. ...... You will notice familiar name on the Refugio roster. D'mond LaFond at WR. He played against Navarro for Cuero a couple years a go as freshman. I'm taking the Panthers by 12 b

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Yep that was noted before the season I can assure you!

d0tc0m
09-19-2016, 07:41 AM
No doubt Refugio has a solid team to go along with confidence and a winning pedigree. But they're a 2A squad. And you can talk to me all you want about how size doesn't matter. But it does. And if Navarro doesn't beat the Bobcats by at least three touchdowns - should be more - then I'd feel a little uneasy about the win.

YTBulldogs
09-19-2016, 08:18 AM
62-13 Navarro.

SaltySixes
09-19-2016, 11:56 AM
62-13 Navarro.

That sure is a tall order to fill

1st and goal
09-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Refugio appears to be really good but Navarro is a much larger team and they are playing extremely well right now. Looking at a 28-point game or so.

This. An interesting matchup. But with Navarro's success last year and so far this year, it might be more.

Corn Cob
09-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Saw this quote from a Geronimoite on another thread, referencing LaGrange coaching staff: "They didn't show class before or after our game." All I have to say about that is, if you thought LG had questionable class, I expect you'll have an eye-opening experience this coming Friday night in Refugio. Purple wins by 28.

Yoe_09
09-19-2016, 11:12 PM
This. An interesting matchup. But with Navarro's success last year and so far this year, it might be more.

Speaking of interesting matchups, I would like to get Giddings back on Cameron's schedule. Played each other 20 times but not since 2005. Easy drive and two quality program.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-20-2016, 02:42 AM
Put me down for 49-35 Navarro over Refugio

PurplePop
09-20-2016, 06:46 AM
Saw this quote from a Geronimoite on another thread, referencing LaGrange coaching staff: "They didn't show class before or after our game." All I have to say about that is, if you thought LG had questionable class, I expect you'll have an eye-opening experience this coming Friday night in Refugio. Purple wins by 28.
That was my comment. I got carried away a bit as I said in a follow up comment.

slingshot
09-20-2016, 08:11 AM
4A playing a 2A? I honestly don't get it.... no matter how good the 2A team is. That being said, I hope Navarro beats them by 60.

bag-o-chips
09-20-2016, 08:37 AM
La Vernia and Medina Valley backed out. Could not find another game for that week and Refugio asked.

YTBulldogs
09-20-2016, 08:41 AM
Wait for the Refugio excuses after this a$$ whoopin forthcoming Friday on their home rug. They been spouting off for years how scared Calallen is to play them. After Navarro drums them by 50-60, maybe they'll finally shut up?

d0tc0m
09-20-2016, 08:49 AM
There won't be many people outside of Refugio that have good things to say about Refugio.

Snotbubbles
09-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Herring has lost it. Stick to those Benavides, Woodsboro, Freer types. I see a Marion-like result here. 66-6 Navarro. Couldn't happen against a better coach though.:cheerl:

slingshot
09-20-2016, 09:23 AM
Herring has lost it. Stick to those Benavides, Woodsboro, Freer types. I see a Marion-like result here. 66-6 Navarro. Couldn't happen against a better coach though.:cheerl:Time to give him a dose of his own medicine. Message to Navarro: Do not pull off, leave your starters in until at least the middle of the 4th quarter. This is the opportunity a lot of south Texas coaches have been quietly praying for--DO NOT LET THEM DOWN!

44INAROW
09-20-2016, 09:23 AM
There won't be many people outside of Refugio that have good things to say about Refugio.

Already isn't.........:crazy:

Snotbubbles
09-20-2016, 09:45 AM
My 66-6 prediction is based on a complete game. Herring been known to take his ball and go home (causing non-football antics) when it's not going so well. Come prepared Navarro. For anything not football related.

d0tc0m
09-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Already isn't.........:crazy:

That's what I was saying. You'd be hard pressed to find someone not from Refugio that will speak about Refugio positively. It's a systemic culture thing, and it trickles down from the top. I think you saw it last year in the way the Bobcats' QB acted in that beatdown loss to Canadian in the state title game.

Blue42
09-20-2016, 10:06 AM
I hope the Purple People Eaters put it on the Bobcats but the talent is strong in Refugio and see this as a little closer game then Snots prediction.
Good luck to the Panthers !

10ForTheWin
09-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Herring has lost it. Stick to those Benavides, Woodsboro, Freer types. I see a Marion-like result here. 66-6 Navarro. Couldn't happen against a better coach though.:cheerl:

As much as we'd love to see it, I don't think Goad will keep the starters in. If we wanna see 66-6 backups better step up

44INAROW
09-20-2016, 11:45 AM
As much as we'd love to see it, I don't think Goad will keep the starters in. If we wanna see 66-6 backups better step up

I'd LOVE to see Navarro put 80 on the Bobcats... for a couple reasons :1popcorn:

99IHSMustang
09-20-2016, 12:19 PM
Navarro might just be the best team Refugio plays the rest of the season.

1st and goal
09-20-2016, 02:03 PM
La Vernia and Medina Valley backed out. Could not find another game for that week and Refugio asked.

I doubt they'll ask again next year unless your entire varsity graduates.

SaltySixes
09-20-2016, 04:08 PM
I doubt they'll ask again next year unless your entire varsity graduates.

Not gonna lie, we will be graduating a TON. The qb is about the only starting skill position player that isnt a senior.

Snotbubbles
09-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Enjoy this experience Coach Herring. :1popcorn:

warpig
09-22-2016, 11:19 AM
62-13 Navarro.

I think this is a pipe dream. Even though Refugio playing two levels up, this will be a closer game than many believe.
Not sure what Navarro was thinking. They don't have a lot to win by playing down. JMO.

d0tc0m
09-22-2016, 11:24 AM
I think this is a pipe dream. Even though Refugio playing two levels up, this will be a closer game than many believe.
Not sure what Navarro was thinking. They don't have a lot to win by playing down. JMO.

As stated before, I believe they had some folks drop on their schedule fairly late, and weren't left with many options, and Refugio asked to play them.

It may be close for a while, but eventually Refugio's going to get worn down. With Navarro's offense grinding it out, the Bobcats' offense won't be on the field long enough to put up the points we've been used to seeing during the Herring era.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2016, 11:58 AM
As stated before, I believe they had some folks drop on their schedule fairly late, and weren't left with many options, and Refugio asked to play them.

It may be close for a while, but eventually Refugio's going to get worn down. With Navarro's offense grinding it out, the Bobcats' offense won't be on the field long enough to put up the points we've been used to seeing during the Herring era.Points have seem to be much lower than before for Refugio standards they set for when Herring arrived I'm not sure if he's calm the quick attack and constant scoring down some or comes from their D1 prospect that was at qb last season now at tailback and qb this season getting his feet wet.

speedbump
09-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Points have seem to be much lower than before for Refugio standards they set for when Herring arrived I'm not sure if he's calm the quick attack and constant scoring down some or comes from their D1 prospect that was at qb last season now at tailback and qb this season getting his feet wet.

They moved up from 1A to 2A a couple of years ago and their district opponents got tougher.

region4fan
09-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Geronimo Navarro (4-0) at Refugio (3-0)
This is an intriguing matchup as host Refugio punches up in its weight class, taking on Class 4A Navarro. Refugio is the consensus number one team in 2A Division I, while Navarro is ranked in the top ten in nearly every major poll at the 4A Division II level. NHS, who runs the Slot-T offense to near perfection, is fresh off a dominant 42-13 win over LaGrange. The Panthers defense was the story, holding LaGrange to just 171 yards of offense, while the offense did what they always do and that’s grind out yards and points. They’ll face a stiff test this week against Refugio, who has as much talent as anyone in the state for a school their size. The Bobcats rolled past Edna 37-0 last week as Jaylon Mascorro ran for 164 yards and three touchdowns while the Refugio defense only allowed Edna into their territory twice on the evening. Refugio is much more multiple than they’ve been in the past and the Bobcats actually prefer to be under center and run the football. The key will be: can their defense maintain discipline and not get caught in over pursuit against the misdirection the Panthers will throw at them? This will be a very entertaining game, but I’ve got to go with larger school in this one.

Stepp’s Pick: Geronimo Navarro by 6
Max’s Pick: Refugio
Craven’s Pick: Navarro

Yoe_09
09-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Geronimo Navarro (4-0) at Refugio (3-0)
This is an intriguing matchup as host Refugio punches up in its weight class, taking on Class 4A Navarro. Refugio is the consensus number one team in 2A Division I, while Navarro is ranked in the top ten in nearly every major poll at the 4A Division II level. NHS, who runs the Slot-T offense to near perfection, is fresh off a dominant 42-13 win over LaGrange. The Panthers defense was the story, holding LaGrange to just 171 yards of offense, while the offense did what they always do and that’s grind out yards and points. They’ll face a stiff test this week against Refugio, who has as much talent as anyone in the state for a school their size. The Bobcats rolled past Edna 37-0 last week as Jaylon Mascorro ran for 164 yards and three touchdowns while the Refugio defense only allowed Edna into their territory twice on the evening. Refugio is much more multiple than they’ve been in the past and the Bobcats actually prefer to be under center and run the football. The key will be: can their defense maintain discipline and not get caught in over pursuit against the misdirection the Panthers will throw at them? This will be a very entertaining game, but I’ve got to go with larger school in this one.

Stepp’s Pick: Geronimo Navarro by 6
Max’s Pick: Refugio
Craven’s Pick: Navarro

If Navarro wins by 6, that would be surprising and really good for Refugio, IMO.

region4fan
09-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Is Refugio and Navarro JV playing tonight?

Gobbler Fan
09-22-2016, 04:59 PM
It will be closer than people think

cowboyandchrist
09-22-2016, 06:18 PM
I never want someone to get beat by 50 or 60 points. It does nothing for either team, but this coach at Rufugio deserves to have an 80 to 0 hung on him. It was two or three years ago he was beating a team by 60 points and still throwing deep passes to the end zone with less than two minutes left in the game. How does that help your team.

speedbump
09-22-2016, 07:07 PM
If Navarro wins by 6, that would be surprising and really good for Refugio, IMO.

And a huge embarrassment for Navarro.

bag-o-chips
09-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Navarro JV 7 Refugio JV 7

Navarro had a pick 6 and actually out gained Refugio.

Pudlugger
09-22-2016, 09:46 PM
I can't see Refugio getting much more than 21 points in this game against the Panther defense. Navarro 35-21.

44INAROW
09-23-2016, 01:57 PM

my youngest is seriously thinking about heading to Refugio to check this one out.... he's got a golfing buddy from Woodsboro that would love nothing better than to see the Bobcats get slaughtered by Navarro lol.............. there might be some green shirts on the visitors side tonight :cheerl:

Red&White_9x5
09-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Navarro BIG!!!!! Refugio may get 80 hung on them

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2016, 02:32 PM
my youngest is seriously thinking about heading to Refugio to check this one out.... he's got a golfing buddy from Woodsboro that would love nothing better than to see the Bobcats get slaughtered by Navarro lol.............. there might be some green shirts on the visitors side tonight :cheerl:and some maroon shirts. still 50/50 on it.

hooverhog
09-23-2016, 05:27 PM
Navarro 35
Refugio 21

Tejastrue
09-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Go Panthers...Kick some arse!!

99IHSMustang
09-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Is this game being broadcast?

hooverhog
09-23-2016, 08:27 PM
Here you go Mustang: http://tsrnsports.com/scoreboard/navarro-vs-refugio/

hooverhog
09-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Navarro 14
Refugio 0
Halftime

10ForTheWin
09-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Navarro 14, Refugio 0 - Halftime

Both teams struggling to move the ball on offense, Refugio probably has more yards they just can't finish their drives, Navarro's defense is making big time plays.

hooverhog
09-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Navarro 14
Refugio 6

final

I guess Refugio could play with the big 4A guys, after all...

10ForTheWin
09-23-2016, 09:39 PM
14-6 final

10ForTheWin
09-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Navarro - 165 total yards
Refugio - 156 total yards
Defensive battle, real fun to watch!

sinfan75
09-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Refugio must be pretty good and/or Navarro may not be the super power slot team some of you are making them out to be. lol

hooverhog
09-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Navarro - 165 total yards
Refugio - 156 total yards
Defensive battle, real fun to watch!

Dang, Navarro had about 65 of those yards on the final drive of the game....

sinfan75
09-23-2016, 10:33 PM
Navarro's offense scored one TD all night? WOW

10ForTheWin
09-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Navarro's offense scored one TD all night? WOW

There was only one offensive score in the game, the others scores were fumbles that went for TDs

sinfan75
09-23-2016, 10:59 PM
Both D's must be really good.

Gobbler Fan
09-23-2016, 11:13 PM

Don't say I didn't tell you ...lol :stirpot:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2016, 11:22 PM
Need defensive line and speed to cover quick pitch sweeps against Navarro if you don't your going to get rolled. But Navarro brings a D to back up their offense.

Both teams will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

10ForTheWin
09-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Don't say I didn't tell you ...lol :stirpot:

You were right! I was not expecting Refugio to be as good as they were, they could hold there own in 4a that's for sure

Yoe_09
09-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Wow, didn't think it could happen, but you gotta give it to Refugio for holding Navarro to 14 points. IMO, win for them there.

bag-o-chips
09-24-2016, 05:44 AM
All I can say is Wow! Just like two heavyweights battling for 48 minutes it was a snotslinging slobberknocker of a game. I cannot remember a game where both teams had under 175 yards of offense! I cannot say enough about the Defense of Refugio! They are all that and a bag o chips!! #51 is a Beast for Refugio and only a Sophomore

Navarro had to earn every yard and it got chippy as well. I am sure you will see Refugio at the State Championship again! Lord please have Mercy as they start all 2A teams. They would beat many bigger teams!

Navarro Defense is tough as well holding Refugio to 60 yds rushing on the night and yhis little fact from the Victoria paper as well!

Navarro kept the Refugio offense off the scoreboard for the first time since 1995, and came away with a 14-6 win Friday night at Jack Sportsman Bobcat Stadium.

Great Game and one of the Best Defensive Battles I have ever seen!

bag-o-chips
09-24-2016, 06:07 AM
http://www.kristv.com/clip/12752706/refugio-bobcats-fall-against-geronimo-navarro

WOS87
09-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Navarro kept the Refugio offense off the scoreboard for the first time since 1995, and came away with a 14-6 win Friday night at Jack Sportsman Bobcat Stadium.

Not that it matters but Ganado shut out Refugio in the 2001 Quarterfinals 7-0.

Sounds like it was an exciting game. Would probably be similar in score if there were to be a Navarro - WOS matchup given the defenses of both. Gratz on the win!

bag-o-chips
09-24-2016, 06:28 AM
Thanks but I honestly think you guys are heads up the strongest team in 4A. Sorry about those 2 points you guys gave up ( sarcasm) . You guys are awesome and keep it going as I am watching you as one of my favorite teams. I guess that stat was for at home. Heard it was also the 4th loss at home for them in the last 20 years.

Blue42
09-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Like I said earlier talent is talent and Refugio has (drafted) oh!I mean honed their talent for many years.

Snotbubbles
09-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Amazing. Now, we'll be hearing from Refugio posters, "Bring on Calallen and Cibolo Steele."

PurplePop
09-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Wow, what a game! If you wanted to see a damn good football game last night, Refugio was the place to be. Navarro ran into a fired up BEAST of a Refugio defense. They are big and athletic up front, in the middle and on the sides (Jaylen Mascorro plays DE for goodness sakes, sheesh!) and their DB's are ridiculously tough and defend the pass well. It seemed like their safety Lafond #7 was in on every tackle on the outside no matter which direction the play went. You would be hard pressed to find more than three or four 4A-DII defenses as good. I can only think of three off the top of my head. (I won't list 'em.) One thing is for sure. Both teams learned a lot about their weaknesses last night thanks to two great defenses. Hats off to the Refugio Bobcats and their coaches. You play some great football.

Gobbler Fan
09-24-2016, 09:49 AM
Hilarious to read the 180' turn on this game. It was all it's a 2a vs 4a Navarro and their great offense so run up the score and score 60 on em'. One offensive TD later and it's all Refugio has a great defense. Way to put up a game Refugio now maybe it will be a reality check for some of the posters on here.

PurplePop
09-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Hilarious to read the 180' turn on this game. It was all it's a 2a vs 4a Navarro and their great offense so run up the score and score 60 on em'. One offensive TD later and it's all Refugio has a great defense. Way to put up a game Refugio now maybe it will be a reality check for some of the posters on here.

You can start your reality by checking my posts. You didn't hear any of that from me.

Dawgs
09-24-2016, 09:59 AM
I'm surprised a top 10 4a team played a 2a team so close. I know Refugio is good, but in my experience these games usually aren't close.

Dawgs
09-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Yea just for a comparison look at the CS Yoe score the last 2 years. And Yoe is 3a D1.

PurplePop
09-24-2016, 10:11 AM
43-41 CS and 24-13 CS. Quality 4A-D1 team vs. top 3A-DI team. Your point?

Dawgs
09-24-2016, 10:36 AM
43-41 CS and 24-13 CS. Quality 4A-D1 team vs. top 3A-DI team. Your point?

It was 63-13 this year. I forgot it was so close last year. But the score this year is what you expect from top teams playing each other from a full class higher. In Navarro's case it was 1-1/2 class difference. My point is I would expect a lot more from a supposed top 10 4a team. Either Refugio could compete in 4a, which I doubt, or Navarro is in for a bad beat once they get into the playoffs. No other team in the top 10 would play any 2a team that close. I remember when Carthage was ranked #1 in 2013 3a and played the #3 ranked team in 4a. Game ended 63-39 with Carthage taking the L in pretty much a blowout. That's what I'm used to seeing.

10ForTheWin
09-24-2016, 10:43 AM

I'm curious, but were you at the game, if so I don't think you would have the same opinion on the outcome. I was one of the people who thought we would blow out Refugio, and I stand corrected, their defense is something crazy. But Refugio didn't have a single offensive TD so if you want to doubt Navarro's defense go ahead. But I have a feeling any Cuero fans that went to the game won't be doubting it. Refugio could hold their own in 4a no doubt

PurplePop
09-24-2016, 11:19 AM
It was 63-13 this year. I forgot it was so close last year. But the score this year is what you expect from top teams playing each other from a full class higher. In Navarro's case it was 1-1/2 class difference. My point is I would expect a lot more from a supposed top 10 4a team. Either Refugio could compete in 4a, which I doubt, or Navarro is in for a bad beat once they get into the playoffs. No other team in the top 10 would play any 2a team that close. I remember when Carthage was ranked #1 in 2013 3a and played the #3 ranked team in 4a. Game ended 63-39 with Carthage taking the L in pretty much a blowout. That's what I'm used to seeing.

Well, just for fun, let's examine this a little more closely. Last year, Cameron Yoe (3A-DI) lost 43-41 to China Spring (4A-DI). China Spring went 12-2 and lost to eventual state champ La Vega in the regional finals. Cameron Yoe went 14-2 with only losses being to China Spring (at China Spring) by 2 points and to Brock in the state championship game after Traion Smith got hurt. Yoe likely wins its 4TH STRAIGHT state championship if its best player doesn't go out early with that horrific injury. It just so happens that Refugio ALSO played juggernaut Cameron Yoe last year AT Cameron Yoe and lost ... 42 - 27 going into the 4th quarter only down 28-27.
So, what does that tell us about Refugio in 2016? Pretty much the same thing it told us about Refugio in 2015. That actually was fun!

SaltySixes
09-24-2016, 12:45 PM

hahaha sure seems like Cuero has trouble with sharing... the region 4 spotlight that is!
Somehow scoring 14, and beating a #1 ranked team in the state means that we are bad at offense lol, I seem to remember Cuero scoring 14 on YOAKUM! (a team half the caliber of Refugio)

"Cuero: It was a rivalry game, blah blah blah, anything can happen, blah blah blah." <---- (NONE of that please)

Anyway....
Navarro tips theirs hats to Cuero in all aspects because we respect their great program and winning tradition. I also feel as though most of the Cuero posters/ fans have come around on Navarro, and decided to return some of that respect. That shows a very classy program and fan base as a whole, and we DO appreciate it.

speedbump
09-24-2016, 03:00 PM
My God,Navarro is so over rated! Sound familiar? LOL

SaltySixes
09-24-2016, 04:23 PM
My God,Navarro is so over rated! Sound familiar? LOL

Yep, not sure what your point is? I still believe Wharton is over rated. lol...
Your acting like Navarro Lost haha. hate to disappoint, but we got the WIN. sorry little birdy:bigcry:

Tejastrue
09-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Bottom line 5-0. Congrats Panthers.

iFootball
09-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Yep, not sure what your point is? I still believe Wharton is over rated. lol...
Your acting like Navarro Lost haha. hate to disappoint, but we got the WIN. sorry little birdy:bigcry:

You're

SaltySixes
09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
You're

Haha ^^^^ what you say when you have nothing else

bag-o-chips
09-24-2016, 05:31 PM
Time to move on boys since your as only as good as your next game!

speedbump
09-24-2016, 05:50 PM
Time to move on boys since your as only as good as your next game!

You're not as good as your next game until you play it. Meanwhile, your last game tells the tale.

bag-o-chips
09-24-2016, 05:59 PM
You're not as good as your next game until you play it. Meanwhile, your last game tells the tale.

Ok Speed we will see.

Blue42
09-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Man its like getting into a fight with your 13 year old girl cousin when your 10 so if you win it's because your a boy. But if she by chance gives you a black eye then you get ridiculed by everyone and now I have to back to therapy.Thanks for bring up that again,I just got my twitch back!!!!

PurplePop
09-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Man its like getting into a fight with your 13 year old girl cousin when your 10 so if you win it's because your a boy. But if she by chance gives you a black eye then you get ridiculed by everyone and now I have to back to therapy.Thanks for bring up that again,I just got my twitch back!!!!

Blue42 is hands down the best screen name on the down low. I harken back to my childhood every time I see a post from you. Terry Bradshaw or any QB in the 70's, "Blue 42 Blue 42 Hut Hut." Sorry. Just reminiscing a bit. And, I got to use harken in a sentence.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2016, 09:06 AM
I seem to remember Cuero scoring 14 on YOAKUM! (a team half the caliber of Refugio)

Why ya got bring us into your issue dick with ears?:wave:

SaltySixes
09-25-2016, 09:52 AM

Lol what?

lostaussie
09-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Just reading along.........and a sniper bullet comes out of left field:D

lostaussie
09-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Man, everyone sure got quite over here. If I was YTBulldogs..........I would make sure they knew how I felt. :stirpot:

bag-o-chips
09-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Some posters on here claim Navarro is over rated and we just may well be. Some thought we should have just romped away with the win. But let me tell you Refugio is a Great team ad I will be shocked if they are not back in the finals.

It was a Defensive battle for sure but TOP can be just as good as points. Navarro was up 14 = 0 at Half. We kicked off and Refugio drove the ball with a pass to the 3 but the rec. was flagged for taunting. After teh penalty the series ended with 3 sacks and Navarro took over with just over 3 minutes in the 3rd. Navarro began moving the ball and about 11 min. in the 4th the qb was hit and fumbled which resulted in a scoop and score.

Refugio KO and Navarro took over with 10 : 46 left in the game on the 30.Two 4th down conversions and a long 3 down converion resulted with Navarro running the clock out just outside the 1 yard line.

Sometimes the best Defense can be a good offense along with clock management.

Just saying....

Blue42
09-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Blue42 is hands down the best screen name on the down low. I harken back to my childhood every time I see a post from you. Terry Bradshaw or any QB in the 70's, "Blue 42 Blue 42 Hut Hut." Sorry. Just reminiscing a bit. And, I got to use harken in a sentence.

If I used a name on how I look it would be 52Belly.

GobblersUnite
09-26-2016, 08:36 PM
if i used a name on how i look it would be 52belly.

rotfl!!!!!