PDA

View Full Version : Giddings (3-1) vs Brownwood (1-2) at Belton

Scoop27
09-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Non-District

Ville-D
09-18-2016, 04:05 PM
Because of this game and Mineral Wells dropping out of the Quad-County League, for the first time since 1979 (as far as I can tell), the Brownwood and Stephenville Jr Highs will meet up for football. The 8th grade A, B and C teams will play in Brownwood and the 7th grade A, B and C teams will play in Stephenville this Tuesday.

bwdlionfan
09-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Because of this game and Mineral Wells dropping out of the Quad-County League, for the first time since 1979 (as far as I can tell), the Brownwood and Stephenville Jr Highs will meet up for football. The 8th grade A, B and C teams will play in Brownwood and the 7th grade A, B and C teams will play in Stephenville this Tuesday.

The Brownwood and Stephenville Jr Highs played when I was in Junior High in 96 and 97.

buff4ever
09-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Who has brownwood played so far, and what are your shining points this year. Sorry I am too lazy to look it up.

95mustang
09-19-2016, 02:59 AM
5A Canyon lost in overtime

Beat Graham 34-30

Liberty Hill lost in overtime after Liberty hill kicked consecutive onside kicks to tie the game in the final 5 minutes of the game

Was down to Alvorado 7-6 in a rain delay when game was cancelled in the 2nd qtr.

95mustang
09-19-2016, 03:00 AM
The shining points so far this season is the boys don't quit. With the new coach they are still learning schemes as we have a new defense and offense that was implemented in 2 a days. Every week gets a little better.

1st and goal
09-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Trying to get my chores done so I can clear the date. If so, I'll be there.

1st and goal
09-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Kind of quiet respect here about this game....crickets chirping....Not that I want to wake up Rocket....everybody shushhhh (whispering).

Have these 2 teams ever played before?

buff4ever
09-22-2016, 08:32 AM
If so it was a very long time ago.

It will be a fun environment at UMHB, and two teams that always have higher expectations. I think it is games like this that better prepare the kids for the playoff atmosphere.

d0tc0m
09-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing this one. Should be a fun game. Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend.

bwdlionfan
09-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Kind of quiet respect here about this game....crickets chirping....Not that I want to wake up Rocket....everybody shushhhh (whispering).

Have these 2 teams ever played before?

According to lonestarfootball.net the two teams have never played before.

1st and goal
09-23-2016, 08:17 AM
I've got a feeling it will be another tough pre-district game for the buffaloes.

1st and goal
09-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Congrats to Brownwood. They played a solid game with disciplined players making fewer mistakes. OTOH, Giddings made too many mistakes. Especially at the end of the game.

The stadium there at UMHB in Belton is one of the nicest stadiums I've ever been in. Clean clean clean, and on the homeside, all the seats are the fold down plastic stadium type like at a nice baseball park.

Crowd turnout was a lot lower than I expected. Not sure but it looked like Giddings had more there than BW. The visitors side is really small compared to the home side.

Brownwood's band was really good too.

BwdLion73
09-24-2016, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure how we will react if we are ever ahead by a couple of scores at the end of a game. :)

One big problem to me is yet another game with double digit penalty's and keeping our defense on the field.

I think in the first half Giddings ran over 40 offensive plays to our 12 or 15!

JacketSwarm
09-28-2016, 10:05 PM
lions not looking too good so far. back where they belong

Fire Away

Yoe_09
09-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Congrats to Brownwood. They played a solid game with disciplined players making fewer mistakes. OTOH, Giddings made too many mistakes. Especially at the end of the game.

The stadium there at UMHB in Belton is one of the nicest stadiums I've ever been in. Clean clean clean, and on the homeside, all the seats are the fold down plastic stadium type like at a nice baseball park.

Crowd turnout was a lot lower than I expected. Not sure but it looked like Giddings had more there than BW. The visitors side is really small compared to the home side.

Brownwood's band was really good too.

Yes. I was there when it was being built and you could definitely tell they were building it for them (D3 road teams don't travel well). It still hosts plenty of playoff games, but could probably get higher profile games if that side was bigger.

IMO, would have been perfect spot for Cameron and Rockdale in 2014. However, there is no way that would have worked.