PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Taylor (2-2) at La Grange (1-2)

Scoop27
09-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Non District Game

PappaFeelGood
09-19-2016, 07:31 AM
Scoop where did you get 1-3? The Leps will rebound from a tough non-district schedule and win this one at home

Blue42
09-19-2016, 01:54 PM
LEPS will rebound with a solid win. Making plans to be at the LG - Giddings game next month I understand it is on a Thursday.

44INAROW
09-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Scoop where did you get 1-3? The Leps will rebound from a tough non-district schedule and win this one at home

is 1-3 wrong? I can fix it if it needs to be corrected...

bag-o-chips
09-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Liberty Hill game was cancelled.

PappaFeelGood
09-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Yes its 1-2 due to the Liberty Hill game being cancelled due to weather.

44INAROW
09-20-2016, 10:29 AM
Yes its 1-2 due to the Liberty Hill game being cancelled due to weather.

thanks - I fixed it

bag-o-chips
09-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Wow where has Pudlugger and all the Lep posters gone?

speedbump
09-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Wow where has Pudlugger and all the Lep posters gone?

Don't know,but they may be joined by a bunch of Navarro fans if Refugio hangs on to long.

speedbump
09-22-2016, 08:46 PM
The Leps need to pick themselves up before it gets ugly. They may do that this week. LG by 20.

Pudlugger
09-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Pud here. Not much to say this week after the pounding our Leps took last Friday against an inspired Panther team. Unless our offense gets on track it is going to be a poor season much like the 2-8 2004 team. That team had an awesome defense but no offense. They would stop teams on 3rd downs time and time again only to have the offense sputter and flame out. After 3 quarters of this they would be so worn out the other teams rolled to decisive victories. That is what I have seen with this team so far. They just haven't adjusted to the loss of Dobbins. Certainly it is hard for the seniors who along with the entire town and beyond were looking for a great season and exciting performance with this exceptional athlete on the field. They need to get over all that and soon. Someone needs to step up and lead this team. The talent is there just an attitude problem in that the players can't just move on and do things differently. I would like to see them throw the ball more and get the receivers and qb on the same page. Several times our receivers were open and the ball was thrown a foot or so too long. [We also had three pass interference calls against the Panthers inside the 10 yardline. Smart move by the defender to take a 15 yard penalty and 1st down over a td especially when their defense is so solid]. Penalties are killing us a td called back on holding and several illegal procedure calls really hurt our offense. Injuries have not been limited to Dobbins as we had one of our best o lineman out at guard with an injury. He was replaced at guard by our center. We had several low snaps that night one leading to a td for the Panthers. They just need to clean up the offense and run a good mix of plays efficiently using the tools that they have and they will start winning again. I look forward to a turnaround tomorrow night. Go Leps!

Rabid Cougar
09-23-2016, 09:19 AM
LG. Wont even be close.

SaltySixes
09-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Go leps! Lagrange should run away with this one!

PappaFeelGood
09-23-2016, 11:22 AM
My sources say that the Ducks will be "probably the most athletic team the Leps will have faced so far this year". Just what I was told in a conversation with someone in the know. Also no offense to the Navarro or Argyle posters, it was that persons observation. I feel the Leps sense the need to come together and will step up to take care of business. Leps by 7.

Scoop27
09-23-2016, 10:31 PM
Taylor 39, La Grange 30-FINAL

Pudlugger
09-23-2016, 11:25 PM
My sources say that the Ducks will be "probably the most athletic team the Leps will have faced so far this year". Just what I was told in a conversation with someone in the know. Also no offense to the Navarro or Argyle posters, it was that persons observation. I feel the Leps sense the need to come together and will step up to take care of business. Leps by 7.

Papa it appears your sources are correct, the Ducks had a ton of speed and three real quality athletes including the qb, wr #7(a stud!) and a little running back that can fly. It was an exciting but disappointing game. My take: too many penalties and 4 interceptions plus poor KO coverage were the difference. One positive note in the final quarter two scores down they started throwing to #9 Ramirez on quick patterns near the sidelines. They have not been utilizing the talent this kid has enough. Maybe coach is waiting for district to turn him loose? Leps have two weeks to get their stuff together as they play Gonzales in D10 opener 10/6 at home.

bd62
09-24-2016, 09:15 AM
You right about Taylor speed and they get after you for 4 Qts. Several weeks ago Yoakum had a 36-14 lead on them in first Half and had to hold on to a 36-28 win. Outstanding speed on that team.

bd62
09-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Papa it appears your sources are correct, the Ducks had a ton of speed and three real quality athletes including the qb, wr #7(a stud!) and a little running back that can fly. It was an exciting but disappointing game. My take: too many penalties and 4 interceptions plus poor KO coverage were the difference. One positive note in the final quarter two scores down they started throwing to #9 Ramirez on quick patterns near the sidelines. They have not been utilizing the talent this kid has enough. Maybe coach is waiting for district to turn him loose? Leps have two weeks to get their stuff together as they play Gonzales in D10 opener 10/6 at home.

Pud when will LG get Dobbins back. Hope he back to top form when he back. I watch him when we played LG for 3 yrs and he as good a back as I have seen in yrs and a class act. All my wishes for him and LG rest of yr.

Pudlugger
09-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Pud when will LG get Dobbins back. Hope he back to top form when he back. I watch him when we played LG for 3 yrs and he as good a back as I have seen in yrs and a class act. All my wishes for him and LG rest of yr.

Frankly bd62 I do not know if he will be back. I'm sure he wants to as he has been very involved on the sidelines inspiring the players. He is still on crutches after 4 weeks so we will have to wait and see. I hope he does not try to come back before he is completely healed and re-habed. He is such an extraordinary athlete with a very promising future. I would advise him to start looking forward to getting ready for Ohio State. He graduates in January. Everyone here in La Grange wants what is best for him. Our team will just have to keep working out the new paradigm and prepare for district play. The Leps are getting better each week considering the quality of their opposition and the bad luck with injuries. By Oct 7 they should be ready to begin turning things around.

PappaFeelGood
09-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Dobbins is such a fabulous young man. I hope he returns for his senior year. I know he wants to but the docs will not rush him. He could be wearing scarlet an silver the next time you see him in a uni.

Scoop27
09-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Can't believe the great playoff game he had against Wharton last year and the Leps still lost. Leps just ran out time and couldn't stop Tigers speed

Pudlugger
09-29-2016, 08:15 PM
Unless the Leps make it to round 3 I doubt he will be fully re-habed and ready to play. That would be 12 weeks from his injury. I look forward to following his college career at Ohio State. If he can come back and play for the Leps at some point down the line it would be a huge boost to team morale and prospects for winning but the most important thing is that he fully recovers and ready to play.