PDA

View Full Version : Best Stadiums

coolguycody_c
09-15-2002, 01:45 PM
Hey, I was just wondering from those who have played in various places what is the best high school stadium for all classes in Texas?

rhs_wr_06
09-15-2002, 01:53 PM
Westlake has the best stadium, period.

coolguycody_c
09-15-2002, 01:54 PM
has anyone ever been to Pridgeon Stadium in the Cy-Fair district? How would you rate it?

AggieJohn
09-15-2002, 02:01 PM
i htink the best facility i've ever been at was Silsbee....and Barber's hill is pretty close..not many HS football teams have an elevator too their pressbox and individual stadium seats

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001:
i htink the best facility i've ever been at was Silsbee....and Barber's hill is pretty close..not many HS football teams have an elevator too their pressbox and individual stadium seats
lol that's a little much.

rhs_wr_06
09-15-2002, 02:21 PM
some people are lazy.....lol...

------------------
~¤Prime Time¤~
Casey Lane

eye of the tiger
09-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Pennington field in Bedford, the Waco complex, the Birdville complex are all good venues. I think there is some good ones in west Texas, but I havent had the chance to see them. The one in Odessa and I think Midland has a new one that is suppose to be good. Gladewater has a good field. Commerce plays on the A&M-Commerce field and it is ok, but all the seats are on one side. That is suppose to change in a couple of years so it will be more favorable I think.

BigRedfan
09-15-2002, 02:31 PM
There are two that come to mind right now and they are Jack V Murphy stadium in Gladewater and Waco Stadium in Waco. On the other hand the worst stadium to play in has to be the stadium at Como Pickton. Had over 3000 people there for a game Friday night. The stadium at the best probably seats 1000. Lawn chairs were everywhere. Come on Como Pickton if you are going to compete with the big boys build a bigger stadium that will accomadate the people. Also they did not even have a ticket office. You had to pay as you drove in the gate. One small concession stand to service all those people.

Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!

BigRedfan
09-15-2002, 02:31 PM
There are two that come to mind right now and they are Jack V Murphy stadium in Gladewater and Waco Stadium in Waco. On the other hand the worst stadium to play in has to be the stadium at Como Pickton. Had over 3000 people there for a game Friday night. The stadium at the best probably seats 1000. Lawn chairs were everywhere. Come on Como Pickton if you are going to compete with the big boys build a bigger stadium that will accomadate the people. Also they did not even have a ticket office. You had to pay as you drove in the gate. One small concession stand to service all those people.

Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 02:39 PM
yeah...i know a bit about lazy people (cough certain pi band members)

WACO! Waco has the most impressive stadium ever. I don't know if we're tlaking about the same one or if the one I'm talking about is even a high school complex BUT when we went to state for marching there....it was just unbelieveable the amount of people that could fill those stands or that a pressbox could be so huge! what was it, like 2 or 3 stories! i think it was marble as well.
sorry, im from a 3a school with a wooden pressbox, those things impress me.

BH_146
09-15-2002, 02:44 PM
As far as Barbers Hill having an elevator, it was a disabilities requirement. We weren't given the choice. And it has worked out well for wheelchair bound people. There are platforms at the top of the stands so they have an excellent view. They don't have problems with people walking in front of them or standing and blocking their view. I would like to think that we would have eventually decided that building the elevator was the right thing to do anyway but given the cost I doubt it. Very few sports venues go to the extra cost of accomodating the disable. And many times these are the elderly how have supported the programs for years.

mwynn05
09-15-2002, 02:56 PM
mount pleasant is opening a new stadium in a couple of weeks it is nice south lake carols is pretty nice as well as the new stadium in ennis

Old Cardinal
09-15-2002, 03:05 PM
Nearly all the folks dropping down fom 4A in the last few years, have better facilities than the traditional ones in 3A, except the rich ones like Diboll, etc:

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 03:44 PM
rice crispies treats are the best.

sorry off the subject i know but i had to share that with the rest of the world.

if you'll excuse me, i must make my way towards a band forum. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

Atl_Rabb_Fan
09-15-2002, 03:57 PM
We have a pretty nice one here in Atlanta. It may not be the best but it is really nice though.

hornet03
09-15-2002, 04:13 PM
The Waco ISD field is by far the best stadium. Especially with the nexturf on the field and the replay screen in the endzone makes it really nice. Theres only one bad thing about it though. Last season we were 0-2 at Waco ISD. Oh well.

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hornet03:
The Waco ISD field is by far the best stadium. Especially with the nexturf on the field and the replay screen in the endzone makes it really nice. Theres only one bad thing about it though. Last season we were 0-2 at Waco ISD. Oh well.

that turf is not friendly when wet to marching bands.

ElMeroMero
09-15-2002, 05:34 PM
The stadium in Waco is the best one ive been to. Lol I saw some of those band members bust it on that turf

mwynn05
09-15-2002, 05:39 PM
our school is rich also since they found some oil around here were getting a new gym that will be ready next year and i wont be surprised if within 5 years which will suck for me cuz i wont get to play on it

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2002, 05:40 PM
Southlake Carrol has the best I have ever seen. The place is brand new and hosted numerous playoff games there last year, (including the Bulls!).

It has that "realistic" fake grass and looks like it would be right at home in a mid-to-upper income housing addition. Plenty of pressboxes, seats with backs, lot of RRs and concessions and the mandatory elevator for disabilities.

Bull Memorial Field is a really good mid-size stadium. Plenty of good aluminum seating and one thing that is good is the turf, really nice grass with just enough crown on the field.

Let me ask everyone a question... Do you prefer track around the field or no track?

slpybear

tors2002
09-15-2002, 09:27 PM
I think after everyone that gets the honor to play on the new Midland field will change their minds. It is a brand new stadium with the synthetic turf. The stadium was built as part of a huge sports complex in Midland which includes a minor league baseball team, soccer fields, and other sporting event sites.

Lowrey Field in Lubbock also went under renovation this year by adding the synthetic turf.

I have seen Waco in TV and it also looks really nice.

KillerBee
09-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Dont' forget the stadium in Groesbeck - Home of the Fightin' Goats. The only astro-turf stadium in Class 3A. Needs more seats, though. Giddings has a nice one, too, I have to admit. Seats about 5,000 and good seating on visitors' side. The worst is in Elgin, which likely will be worse when it turns 4A in two years. It's like a pasture and the visitors' side goes up like six rows on cinder blocks from one end zone to the other. About 50 people have good seats and there's no room behind the visitors' side for growth. Really sad. Come on, Elgin. Use some of that sausage revenue and build a stadium. They will come.....

spaniard
09-15-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by TarponR13K:
yeah...i know a bit about lazy people (cough certain pi band members)

WACO! Waco has the most impressive stadium ever. I don't know if we're tlaking about the same one or if the one I'm talking about is even a high school complex BUT when we went to state for marching there....it was just unbelieveable the amount of people that could fill those stands or that a pressbox could be so huge! what was it, like 2 or 3 stories! i think it was marble as well.
sorry, im from a 3a school with a wooden pressbox, those things impress me.

hey tarp, i have to agree with you guys that waco isd has an awesome place to play, either in band or in football. when did you guys go to state? i graduated from burnet in '01 and we got 12th that year in 3a, and got 9th two years before that. if you saw us, gimme a shout

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2002, 11:30 PM
What about Shotwell after the rennovation? How does it look?

slpybear

keep_it_real
09-15-2002, 11:34 PM
Waco ISD's stadium is beautiful. I also hear that Westlake just spent a whole lot of money on their new stadium. I also heard rumorsthat Sinton is supposed to get an Indoor practice facility for football. Not to shabby for a 3A team.

AggieJohn
09-16-2002, 10:52 PM
HATT"S off to BHill

i tahnk you for doing that actually..i knwo that we here at liberty changed oru stadium to accomodate the disabled only because we were forced to by the law...which is sad...i can only hope other schools don't fall in that rutt.