PDA

View Full Version : Navasota

Weebe
09-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Damn. From consistent state championship contender to laughingstock in one year.

You guys really f'd up.

regaleagle
09-16-2016, 11:01 PM
There's always a certain percentage of the population that you cannot satisfy......no matter what you do.

Tejastrue
09-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Weebe...really?

Weebe
09-16-2016, 11:19 PM
What part do you disagree with?

That Navasota school board screwed up? Or that they got embarrassed tonight?

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2016, 11:26 PM
Man this is one hell of a turn in the wrong direction

Bet fedora is having a good laugh somewhere

regaleagle
09-17-2016, 12:48 AM
But the football team was supposed to be on auto-win........regardless of who the coach is, LOL. :crazy:

lostaussie
09-17-2016, 06:23 AM
I don't know how you get from where you were, to where you are......that fast!!!

Aesculus gilmus
09-17-2016, 07:13 AM
I don't know how you get from where you were, to where you are......that fast!!!

Pretty amazing, isn't it.

The reason I wasn't worried at all when Traylor left is because of all the times over the years Traylor told me Matt Turner taught him practically everything he knew about football.

Now you can't teach the "motivational speaker" aspect of being a coach and that will never be replaced, but other than that, I don't see much difference so far (except that Traylor MIGHT have started Poppy as a sophomore same way he did Stump Godfrey).

navscanmaster
09-17-2016, 07:29 AM

Step One: most productive seniors ever graduate.

Step Two: winningest coach in school history leaves.

Step Three: more coaching departures, most prominent being longtime d-coordinator for a HC job

Step Four: three injured starters on offense, including best player on team Philio.

Step Five: atrocious turnover bug and special teams play

Lots of ball to be played but maybe Fedora saw the writing on the wall with the lapse in talent coming up and took the get out of jail free card the school board gave him?

lostaussie
09-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Lots of ball to be played but maybe Fedora saw the writing on the wall with the lapse in talent coming up and took the get out of jail free card the school board gave him?This is the one I have already thought about. He wouldn't be the first to figure it out ahead of time!!!

Dawgs
09-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Lots of ball to be played but maybe Fedora saw the writing on the wall with the lapse in talent coming up and took the get out of jail free card the school board gave him?
You know that's not it. How long was Sota going to be down athlete wise? 2 years max? The demographics aren't changing in Navasota. I'm sure it's like Carthage, Gilmer, and all the other small towns in Texas. These are the same kids on the team over and over. Brothers, cousins, nephews, sons you know that's the way it is. Navasota really screwed this up. Honestly I am surprised yall kept him as long as yall did with the amount of money he was making.

regaleagle
09-17-2016, 04:34 PM
It was a money issue with those in power for making those decisions......plain and simple. There's always those that you cannot satisfy.....no matter what you do.