PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Southwest Football Friday

PurplePop
09-14-2016, 07:14 AM
This is a really fun app for Texas high school football nuts. It shows every game by level (6A, 5A, etc.), division (4A and lower), region and district and there's a poll for each game. (If you don't have it, just google the title of this thread on your phone and the link to getting the app should be at or near top of list.) The reason I bring it up now is I've been watching the Gilmer-Carthage poll. It by far has the most interest of any other games I've checked and it's interesting how close it is. It's been 50/50 or 51/49 for days. Last time I checked it was something like Gilmer 321, Carthage 317. This is definitely the GOTW. Anyway, if you don't have the app, check it out.

44INAROW
09-14-2016, 08:46 AM
This is a really fun app for Texas high school football nuts. It shows every game by level (6A, 5A, etc.), division (4A and lower), region and district and there's a poll for each game. (If you don't have it, just google the title of this thread on your phone and the link to getting the app should be at or near top of list.) The reason I bring it up now is I've been watching the Gilmer-Carthage poll. It by far has the most interest of any other games I've checked and it's interesting how close it is. It's been 50/50 or 51/49 for days. Last time I checked it was something like Gilmer 321, Carthage 317. This is definitely the GOTW. Anyway, if you don't have the app, check it out.

That's a neat site... thanks

Rocket Man
09-14-2016, 10:57 AM
As "OldSchoolRocket" on the app; I got very lucky the first week on the Pick 'Em contest and won.

Got a Fox Sports SW gift pack; coffee mug, T-shirt, back pack, & travel mug.

Not bad for mostly guessing.

lostaussie
09-14-2016, 11:43 AM
That's a neat site... thanks

I've been using this for several years now. It's how I keep up with all my "adopted" teams!!!

Farmersfan
09-15-2016, 10:12 AM
A lot of the games I try to follow every Friday night never get updated during the game. The more people we can get involved in the app the more current updates would be applied.

Third
09-15-2016, 11:29 AM
A lot of the games I try to follow every Friday night never get updated during the game. The more people we can get involved in the app the more current updates would be applied.

My area has been pretty good for updates. It really is a great app. I love the My Games feature.

lostaussie
09-15-2016, 12:11 PM

That's odd because every team I have as a favorite always gets updated. Even down to 6-man. I follow probably 40 teams

44INAROW
09-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Funny story - so last night I decided to download the FSW App - and my Iphone tells me it's already on my phone.. so I hit "GET" - I go to 'sign up' and it won't let me - just gives me a 'login' prompt.. so, I type 44inarow lol and my usual password and it tells me 'that combination is not found'... so I clicked on the 'forgot my password' link... hell, I don't even know my login, much less password... it emailed me my login and password... the login is BIGTOP lol lol lol.. I think My husband must have signed up but he wouldn't use my Iphone, he'd use his.... he has no recollection of signing up - on his Iphone nor his Ipad... who knows.. SO, if anyone sees a post from BIGTOP, that's me :) I haven't posted yet but it looks like a nice place to get updates, etc...

waterboy
09-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Funny story - so last night I decided to download the FSW App - and my Iphone tells me it's already on my phone.. so I hit "GET" - I go to 'sign up' and it won't let me - just gives me a 'login' prompt.. so, I type 44inarow lol and my usual password and it tells me 'that combination is not found'... so I clicked on the 'forgot my password' link... hell, I don't even know my login, much less password... it emailed me my login and password... the login is BIGTOP lol lol lol.. I think My husband must have signed up but he wouldn't use my Iphone, he'd use his.... he has no recollection of signing up - on his Iphone nor his Ipad... who knows.. SO, if anyone sees a post from BIGTOP, that's me :) I haven't posted yet but it looks like a nice place to get updates, etc...

Hello, BIGTOP!

BwdLion73
09-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Big Top...:thinking:

:1popcorn:

44INAROW
09-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Big Top...:thinking:

:1popcorn:
I probably ought to explain - my better half's nickname is 'PeeWee' - so I think that's where the BIGTOP came from - Big Top PeeWee... who the heck knows lol.........