PDA

View Full Version : Team Histories

WOS87
09-13-2016, 09:57 PM
For those that don't know I was in a pretty nasty car accident a few weeks ago breaking a leg, ankle and wrist and totalling my car so I am incapacitated for at least two months. The silver lining is that I actually get to enjoy football season for a change and to keep myself from going insane I've restarted adding to the team history thread stickied to the top of the main forum. I've updated every 4A D2 Region 3 Team since yesterday completing the histories of quite a few: Bellville, Caldwell, Giddings, Columbus, Robinson, Waco Connally and Fairfield. I plan on working my way through the rest of 4A in the next few weeks so if you are interested in a particular program let me know and I'll give it priority, even if it's not 4A.

Also, this is a one man show so let me know if you notice any errors or have difficulty viewing the spreadsheets (they're all in Excel, downloadable and printable), and I will correct them.

Good luck to everyone this season. I hope everyone stays injury-free!

Old Green
09-13-2016, 10:03 PM
You get well WOS87 ! I didn't know about the accident. Praying for your speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Blue42
09-14-2016, 12:48 AM
Man that sounds bad, but you found a silver lining in your misery, prayers sent for a fast recovery. Thanks for all you do !

PurplePop
09-14-2016, 06:21 AM
Don't ya'll call it the silver and blue lining over there... 😂
Couldn't resist.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

buckeyebob
09-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Thanks my man & take care of yourself

Third
09-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Absolutely get better. Best wishes for a speedy recovery but way to make the best of a bad situation. Hey, I've been trying to track down histories for Cotulla and Dilley. Both 3A. Any chance you might have those? Awesome job on the team histories by the way. Massive props for what has to have been a huge, time-consuming effort.

pirate4state
09-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Glad you are feeling better! There used to be a thread that showed oldest rivalries or match-ups between teams. Since we are playing Aransas Pass this year I'd like to take a look at that thread. In your spare time will you find it for me? :D :D :D

bd62
09-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Pray that you have a speedy recovery . You are a class act and give us so much info on teams and good updates on WOS.

WOS87
09-15-2016, 08:31 PM
Glad you are feeling better! There used to be a thread that showed oldest rivalries or match-ups between teams. Since we are playing Aransas Pass this year I'd like to take a look at that thread. In your spare time will you find it for me? :D :D :D

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?84444-All-Time-Opponents

Was this the thread? Wow that's an old one.

WOS87
09-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Absolutely get better. Best wishes for a speedy recovery but way to make the best of a bad situation. Hey, I've been trying to track down histories for Cotulla and Dilley. Both 3A. Any chance you might have those? Awesome job on the team histories by the way. Massive props for what has to have been a huge, time-consuming effort.

I do indeed have Dilley and Cotulla. I'll get those started ASAP.

Third
09-16-2016, 09:19 AM
I do indeed have Dilley and Cotulla. I'll get those started ASAP.

You're awesome, thanks! Just went through that other old thread. Wow. Good stuff in there.

pirate4state
09-16-2016, 10:59 AM
http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?84444-All-Time-Opponents

Was this the thread? Wow that's an old one.

YES!!! Thank you, thank you!

WOS87
09-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Quite a few updates added to 4A in the Team History thread stickied to the top of the main forum page:

Bandera, Geronimo Navarro, Hondo, Wimberley, Pearsall, Ingleside, Sweeny, West Oso, Orange Grove, Port Isabel, Progreso, Raymondvile and Rio Hondo completed from the very beginning through 2015 in addition to the other ones that had already been done.

All the remaining programs from 4A Division 2 Regions III and IV go back to at least 1980, some further. The updating will continue...

footballgal
09-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery! Also thanks again for all your work you have done and continue to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

WOS87
09-20-2016, 04:41 AM
Tyler Chapel Hill,*El Campo,*Bay City,*Sealy, Stafford and West Columbia all completed with Henderson and Kilgore updated a bit.

Scoop27
09-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Get well quick

WOS87
09-22-2016, 01:20 PM

Here's Cotulla back to 1980 CLICK HERE ---> Cotulla (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2vg6rvTimfoRldZRlhJYlF0Qnc)

I've got the whole thing but that's just a start. I have to format it all and track down all the district changes over the years. I haven't forgotten about Dilley either.

Most of 4A Division 2 is updated through 2015 and back to at least 1980 except for Region I and some of Region II in the history thread stacked to the top of the main forum.

footballgal
09-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Here's Cotulla back to 1980 CLICK HERE ---> Cotulla (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2vg6rvTimfoRldZRlhJYlF0Qnc)

I've got the whole thing but that's just a start. I have to format it all and track down all the district changes over the years. I haven't forgotten about Dilley either.

Most of 4A Division 2 is updated through 2015 and back to at least 1980 except for Region I and some of Region II in the history thread stacked to the top of the main forum.
Thanks! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

WOS87
09-25-2016, 10:34 AM
ALL 4A Division II team histories have been updated through 2015 and at the very minimum back to 1980 with more than half of them complete back to their first varsity seasons. I'll work on getting Division I updated next.

Click here and scroll down to 4A Division II---> Team Histories Thread (http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?129461-Complete-Game-by-Game-Football-Histories-(3A-4A-5A-and-6A))

WOS87
10-09-2016, 01:56 AM
Just an FYI. I've added a ton of updates to the Team History stickied thread. Only have a couple dozen programs left to have every 4A program D1 and D2 updated through 2015 and at the very minimum back to 1980 with most going back to their inception. Only D1 districts 1-6 left.

WOS87
11-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Just an FYI: LOL well with the 2016 regular season in the books ALL 4A team Histories have been updated through 2015. Over 100 Histories are for the most part complete and EVERY 4A history now goes back to at least 1980 with plans to eventually complete them all as I've done in 6A.

Adding in 2016 won't take nearly as long as all the reformatting and catching up I've had to do since 2009 these past few months.

Thanks to all of you who have pointed out inconsistencies or errors. Much appreciated.