PDA

View Full Version : Navasota?

coach
09-12-2016, 09:00 AM
What is wrong with them? Yes I know Fedora is gone, but they shouldn't be THIS bad. Will they win a game this year?

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2016, 11:27 AM
What is wrong with them? Yes I know Fedora is gone, but they shouldn't be THIS bad. Will they win a game this year?

They will be undefeated in district....

Gsquared
09-12-2016, 01:14 PM
I saw them week 1 against Franklin. Defensive front is actually pretty good, Franklin just wore them down. Navasota offense just not clicking that night. Philio got his yardage but to many penalties, had some problems lining up correctly at times. I think they will work these kinks out and be ok soon.

Saggy Aggie
09-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Will they win a game this year?

Lol coach you've said a lot of dumb things in your life but you might've topped yourself with this one. :thumbsup:

venomous tat2
09-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Injuries and turnovers has played a part this year. We have been in every game so far. We had our chances early with Franklin, 2 costly penalties in the 4th qtr that allowed Magnolia West to score and win the game. WE just couldn't get on track vs Waller. Overall I think this group we be fine. In 1988 Rattlers went 0-4 made some adjustments and went on to the State Championship so it's not time to throw in the towel.

OldBison75
09-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Navasota will be okay by district. They look great for two plays and then get hit with penalties or injuries and slide backwards. New QB, lots of players in new situations, nobody will be like Dickson for a while, and the injuries have been big hurdles so far. If they eliminate the silly mistakes and penalties, they can win out. Remember, they are playing every week against 5 A competition since week 1. And, Franklin was a state finalist in 3A last year and returned almost everyone. They would beat a lot of pretty good 4A teams.

Coach, like venomous tat said, give them time and hope you don't have to face them the first week of the playoffs!!!!!!

coach
09-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Navasota will be okay by district. They look great for two plays and then get hit with penalties or injuries and slide backwards. New QB, lots of players in new situations, nobody will be like Dickson for a while, and the injuries have been big hurdles so far. If they eliminate the silly mistakes and penalties, they can win out. Remember, they are playing every week against 5 A competition since week 1. And, Franklin was a state finalist in 3A last year and returned almost everyone. They would beat a lot of pretty good 4A teams.

Coach, like venomous tat said, give them time and hope you don't have to face them the first week of the playoffs!!!!!!

We won't ever face them. They are division 1 we are division 2. They get to open up the playoffs with the district of doom I believe. Very tough task for them in round 1.

Dawgs
09-13-2016, 09:31 AM
We won't ever face them. They are division 1 we are division 2. They get to open up the playoffs with the district of doom I believe. Very tough task for them in round 1.

They better win that district or it's going to be a very short season. I don't think they wanna see Henderson, Carthage, or Kilgore in the 1st round.

coach
09-13-2016, 12:02 PM
They better win that district or it's going to be a very short season. I don't think they wanna see Henderson, Carthage, or Kilgore in the 1st round.

I completely agree.

navscanmaster
09-14-2016, 08:26 AM

Still have to play Stafford and at Bryan High. They could very well be 1-4 or 0-5 going into district, although I hope this is the week they start to get into the win column. Stafford would have to be favored at this point, especially since with all of Navasota's success the last decade, teams are gunning for them.

lostaussie
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
New coach got to be feeling some big pressure. When you been that good for that long, small towns don't take to well to losing.

Dawgs
09-14-2016, 09:12 AM
New coach got to be feeling some big pressure. When you been that good for that long, small towns don't take to well to losing.

Small towns should think about how they treat these high caliber coaches too. That's if they want to keep winning championships. Did people in Navasota expect something different? I know what would happen if Surratt left Carthage. Right back to the land of medeocrity. People will mention Gilmer, but that's an entirely different situation.

lostaussie
09-14-2016, 09:14 AM
What's the old saying.......You never know how good it is until it's gone!!!!

Dawgs
09-14-2016, 09:18 AM
What's the old saying.......You never know how good it is until it's gone!!!!

I guess you get so used to winning that you forget why you started in the first place.

lostaussie
09-14-2016, 09:26 AM
I guess you get so used to winning that you forget why you started in the first place.

It's gonna happen to both of us at some point. Just not anytime soon:D