PDA

View Full Version : TheNewtonBoy

Gobbla2001
12-07-2001, 11:14 AM
You said:

"I understand that yall are excited to be this deep in the playoffs for the first time, but yall dont know who yall are talkin to."

Yah we do, we're talkin'to someone who doesn't know anything about HS football besides 'Newton'

1998 Division 1 Semi Finals
Giddings vs. Cuero

oldbuff78
12-07-2001, 11:18 AM
WAY TO GO GOBBLA!!!
IT TAKES A WHILE FOR SUNSHINE TO GET TO NEWTON. I MISS NOT SEEING THE GOBBLERS IN THE PLAYOFFS. WHAT DOES NEXT YEAR LOOK LIKE?

Husker98
12-07-2001, 11:20 AM
1998 Division 1 Semifinals ha! In 1998 Newton won it all. While ya'll were at home playing BB, Newton was still going. Ya'll will have to play your best game tonight or else ya'll will be in the same shape ya'll were in in '98. But I don't know if your best game will help you.

[This message has been edited by Husker98 (edited December 07, 2001).]

Gobbla2001
12-07-2001, 11:22 AM
The fact was not that Giddings was better than Newton in '98, read between the lines, I was correcting your 'Boy' from 'Newton'...

oldbuff... just replied to you on the 'TEXANS' post... trust me, us folks in Cuero miss it also...

[This message has been edited by Gobbla2001 (edited December 07, 2001).]

NewtonWillLose
12-07-2001, 11:28 AM
Newton Is pretty well stuck in the past.

We are talking about present day here. and What is going to happen this year when Newton gets beat.

Not how many times Newton has gotten their asses kicked before

TheNewtonBoy
12-07-2001, 11:32 AM
1998? are we talking about the same 1998 that newton won the D II. State Championship and could have probly won the D I championship. Did you know that? guess not

TheNewtonBoy
12-07-2001, 11:34 AM
Also D I has one less playoff game so makeing it to the semifinals is actually like making it to the quarterfinnals.

Gobbla2001
12-07-2001, 11:38 AM
Well I played football in Cuero in '98 (when we went to state in D1)... And I'm not gunna say Newton COULD have or COULDN'T have won state in D1, but the fact is Newton popped outta nowhere and all of the sudden they're all 'high and mighty'... It was our 9th 3A state championship game appearance. How many was it for you? Oh, and we won team of the year also, would have rather won state, but atleast having award given to you that carries the name 'Gordon Wood' kind of gives you some shivers... Peace, have a safe bus trip to all players involved tonight...

Gobbla2001
12-07-2001, 11:40 AM
TheNewtonBoy once against shows his lack of football knowledge... It doesn't matter the NAME of the round in this discussion, in '98 in D1 Giddings made it to the fourth round, in '01 D2 Giddings has made it to the, yes, FOURTH round, that's the same ammount of games they played in D1 in '98...

3Aroy
12-07-2001, 12:29 PM
It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out Gobbla. Newton was not beaten by a 3A team this year. Giddings was beat by La Grange (3A team). Newton was beaten by Jasper, who is in the 4A D2 regional championship. Jasper looks like they could go all the way. Newton was also beaten by PA Lincoln by one point that came on a last minute TD pass. Newton lost to Jasper by 4 points. PA Lincoln lost in the second round of 4A playoffs against Brenham. Newton also beat Bridge City, who is in the 3A D1 semifinals, 32-0. The matchup between Newton and Giddings will be a good one. If Giddings defense slows Newton's offense down, it will be a good game. If not, it could get ugly.

Gobbla2001
12-07-2001, 12:34 PM
In 1997 Cuero loses to Corpus Christi Calallen 7-0 (in last minutes of the game by the way on a punt block, let's also mention Cuero had a TD called back)... Calallen gets to 5th round of 4A division 2 playoffs that year and comes up short to La Marque (it was a close score, in single didgits I believe)who goes on to win state the next week... So that means Cuero goes on a rampage through 3a tearing teams apart and going to state etc... right? WRONG, Sealy 31 Cuero 0.... 4th round... Who played who? Doesn't matter...

[This message has been edited by Gobbla2001 (edited December 07, 2001).]

Husker98
12-07-2001, 01:01 PM
Gobbla,
I played on Newton's state championship team in '98. Started on the O-line. Words can't even begin to describe the feelings of gettng to play in a state game can they? I remember when ya'll played Aledo in the D1 state game. Cuero lost a close one. It could have gone either way. Aledo was a powerhouse that year as was Cuero. Congratulations on making it to the big one.