PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 - Milll Creek Battle - Bellville (1-2) at Sealy 1-2)

Scoop27
09-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Who wins the battle of Mill Creek?

Scoop27
09-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Any takers?

OLE'BULL
09-14-2016, 08:25 AM
Good lord you know Brahma football is in a funk when this thread is getting zero action. This rivalry began in 1929 and the teams have played 77 times over the years. The Brahmas lead the series 47-30 and are on a four year win streak. Sealy last won in 2011. They have played each other every year since 1958. I look for Briscoe to again carry the bulk of the load, he has 329 yards rushing on 69 carries and 2 TD's. Despite our less than stellar start, he is putting up solid numbers and earning EVERY yard. Our passing game is a joke, so I look for Sealy to load the box and force us to pass, which can't be done. Our QB is 2 for 13 with 11 total yards on the season. I have heard rumors that we implemented a "Big Boy" backfield with our 2 other RB's so hopefully that will help us out. Defensively I am PRAYING that our All State MLB Dylan Jackson is back from injury after being out the last 2 games. We also need our secondary veteran Nunn back who hasn't played a down due to injury. As good as those to are, that is not enough to be getting beat the way we are. That being said, we WILL be up for Sealy, we always are. This week should be a high energy practice. I will remind everyone that we have been 1-2 two other times. Last year we started 1-2 and went a few rounds in the playoffs before getting beat by WOS. The other time was Rowes first year in 2011, we ended up in the Semi-Finals. I said it on another thread though, we wont win a championship if we can start putting complete seasons together. I imagine a close game in Tiger Town this Friday with high intensity, Brahmas win 21-14. I hate to miss it...

duckhunter
09-14-2016, 11:20 AM
Good lord you know Brahma football is in a funk when this thread is getting zero action. This rivalry began in 1929 and the teams have played 77 times over the years. The Brahmas lead the series 47-30 and are on a four year win streak. Sealy last won in 2011. They have played each other every year since 1958. I look for Briscoe to again carry the bulk of the load, he has 329 yards rushing on 69 carries and 2 TD's. Despite our less than stellar start, he is putting up solid numbers and earning EVERY yard. Our passing game is a joke, so I look for Sealy to load the box and force us to pass, which can't be done. Our QB is 2 for 13 with 11 total yards on the season. I have heard rumors that we implemented a "Big Boy" backfield with our 2 other RB's so hopefully that will help us out. Defensively I am PRAYING that our All State MLB Dylan Jackson is back from injury after being out the last 2 games. We also need our secondary veteran Nunn back who hasn't played a down due to injury. As good as those to are, that is not enough to be getting beat the way we are. That being said, we WILL be up for Sealy, we always are. This week should be a high energy practice. I will remind everyone that we have been 1-2 two other times. Last year we started 1-2 and went a few rounds in the playoffs before getting beat by WOS. The other time was Rowes first year in 2011, we ended up in the Semi-Finals. I said it on another thread though, we wont win a championship if we can start putting complete seasons together. I imagine a close game in Tiger Town this Friday with high intensity, Brahmas win 21-14. I hate to miss it...

Stopped in at Tony's on the way to the lease this morning. Rumor has it Columbus ran the ball down the Tigers throat and they couldn't stop it. Sounds to be the winning formula Bellville needs to get the W?

Who knows though.

Bull's-eye
09-14-2016, 09:29 PM
I just want to know if Bellville will pass on first or second down? Got to keep the opposing defense from stacking the run.

Scoop27
09-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Columbus had good running success in the 2nd half against Sealy last week. The Tigers did have a 46-yard field goal in the game if I'm not mistaken. Someone check that

zebrablue2
09-16-2016, 06:39 AM
GO Bulls!!! This thread 4 or 5 yrs ago would be lit up. Don't know where all the peeps have gone?:rolleyes:

MJMbrahmas10
09-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Is there a game today or something?

TigerPride12
09-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Thread for sure has lost its luster over the years. As a tiger fan, it's safe to say this may be one of the most evenly matched games since a few years back. Sealy was impressive week 0 against Wharton and the defense seemed to be the strong spot however not the same for week 1 &2. Tiger offense is led at QB by a sophomore with Eckhardt moving to wide receiver and defense.
To answers about the Columbus game:
-yes columbus ran the ball almost every play and couldn't be stopped
-yes sealy had a 46 yard field goal. Could have been good from 55
- the "eye test" would have said sealy wins by 20 but columbus seemed hungry in the second half (maybe because the last time columbus beat sealy was in 2007)

My key to tonight's game is going to be who's gonna bring the "juice" or energy and start the game off strong. I predict a 35-31 game with sealy winning. Will be a good one!

If you can't make it, , check out sealysports.com for the live broadcast. Those guys do a great job and keep up with scores/stats very well.

zebrablue2
09-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Thread for sure has lost its luster over the years. As a tiger fan, it's safe to say this may be one of the most evenly matched games since a few years back. Sealy was impressive week 0 against Wharton and the defense seemed to be the strong spot however not the same for week 1 &2. Tiger offense is led at QB by a sophomore with Eckhardt moving to wide receiver and defense.
To answers about the Columbus game:
-yes columbus ran the ball almost every play and couldn't be stopped
-yes sealy had a 46 yard field goal. Could have been good from 55
- the "eye test" would have said sealy wins by 20 but columbus seemed hungry in the second half (maybe because the last time columbus beat sealy was in 2007)

My key to tonight's game is going to be who's gonna bring the "juice" or energy and start the game off strong. I predict a 35-31 game with sealy winning. Will be a good one!

If you can't make it, , check out sealysports.com for the live broadcast. Those guys do a great job and keep up with scores/stats very well.

Thanks for the update TP12, good insight for tonight. You know I gotta pull for the Brahmas, but I have many friends in Sealy, so here's to a hard hitting, good ball game played injury free.

Old QB
09-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the update TP12, good insight for tonight. You know I gotta pull for the Brahmas, but I have many friends in Sealy, so here's to a hard hitting, good ball game played injury free.

If Sealy cannot stop Bellville's ground game, then they're in trouble. Predict Bellviile win 28 -14.

Scoop27
09-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Brahmas win 35-7