PDA

View Full Version : Holding Back ?

Blue42
09-11-2016, 08:46 AM
I have notice that a lot of coaches hold their sons (never see a daughter) back in kindergarten or 1st and I know it’s to give them a better chance at sports most of the time. Just wanted to see what the people in a football related group think on this subject. I have seen the smartest kid in the class even grade that was held back for this reason.

toddg
09-11-2016, 09:06 AM
I knew a coach that held his back in K, said his big growth spurt hit right after football season when he was a senior..so thinkin his son would be the same..so he held the kid back. Sure enough, his kids growth spurt hit his junior year

regaleagle
09-11-2016, 10:30 AM
It's a documented fact that most females mature physically before the male. Holding a daughter back makes no sense, but holding a son back that may be involved in athletics......especially physical ones like football......does makes some sense.

Blue42
09-11-2016, 11:12 AM
I think its also a possable embarrassment factor for a girl.

10ForTheWin
09-11-2016, 12:44 PM
I was held back, it didn't help to much though. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caleb_mccaig
09-12-2016, 03:55 AM
I started school late, wasn't held back.

Had a summer birthday (July) and instead of graduating HS in 2008, graduated in 2009.

Some of my good friends a year in front of me were younger than I was and one of my best friends that I graduated with is more than a year younger than I was because his parents started him early.

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2016, 08:42 AM
I have notice that a lot of coaches hold their sons (never see a daughter) back in kindergarten or 1st and I know it’s to give them a better chance at sports most of the time. Just wanted to see what the people in a football related group think on this subject. I have seen the smartest kid in the class even grade that was held back for this reason.

Its not only football coaches and 6th grade is also a popular time to do it. It is a more obvious move then though.