09-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Navarro's offense will finally be tested against an extremely stout La Grange D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue42
09-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Game of the week IMO

SaltySixes
09-10-2016, 11:01 AM
I've been waiting for this one since I first saw the Schedule... can not wait!..
... however I do think we would have scored more than 16 on LaVernia last night. :stirpot:

Pudlugger
09-10-2016, 12:43 PM
I've been waiting for this one since I first saw the Schedule... can not wait!..
... however I do think we would have scored more than 16 on LaVernia last night. :stirpot:

Yes, the Leps seemed to spin their wheels on offense last night. While our D completely shut down La Vernia, even getting a safety, our offense squandered opportunity after opportunity to score. Penalties, fumbles and an interception were partly to blame but too many failed third down conversion attempts were a problem as well. With Dobbins out our offense seems to lack confidence. I had hoped the LV game would be a blowout thus building some confidence going into this game but what I saw was disorganized and inconsistent play by the offense. Play calling was suspect as well. If we are going to win this game against Navarro we need to get our passing game intact. Last night too many receivers just didn't catch the ball or it was thrown as if the pattern was run incorrectly. Our Qb and wrs need to get on the same page. We lack the breakaway threat that Dobbins provided as well as the need for the D to double team him. That allows for better defensive coverage for our receivers. On a positive note I don't think Navarro has run into as tough a defense as ours especially one so well suited to defend the slot t. I am hopeful the Leps will wake up and get some fire going on offense. One of our best O lineman was injured last night and am not sure if he will play Friday. One more piece of our 2016 puzzle missing I'm afraid. I expect Navarro will put up about 3 scores against us but am uncertain if we can get enough to get the win. I am going out on a limb and predict a low scoring tight game LG by 1.

44INAROW
09-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Who takes this one? Can we get a Poll?

I'm going to try and do a poll. I'm on my iPad and the settings are totally different than on the PC. Bear with me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

regaleagle
09-10-2016, 01:32 PM
I agree with Pudlugger......this game will be a low-scoring defensive battle because LG will make it that way, LOL!!! Right now, the Leopards are hanging their hats on their D to stay in games.....waiting for their offense to get uncorked and start scoring some points. There's nothing wrong with winning with your defense, and winning a bunch of low-scoring hard-fought games.......just win, Baby......just win. Sooner or later you gotta know your offense will finally come together and start firing on all cylinders. But against this year's Navarro team just keeping it close and low-scoring gives the Leps their best chance for a win without Dobbins, IMHO.

Blue42
09-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Voted for Navarro but rooting for the LEPS.

slingshot
09-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Game of the week IMOGood one no doubt... but Argyle @ Wylie has to GOTW.

regaleagle
09-10-2016, 02:21 PM
Good one no doubt... but Argyle @ Wylie has to GOTW.

What about the Carthagenians vs them Gilmerites??? That will be a war General Patton would be proud to see. :crazy1:

SaltySixes
09-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Everyone thinks that the game they're closest to "HAS" to be gotw, but Navarro LaGrange HAS to be game of the week :cheerl: haha....
But honestly, Im not sure this will be so low scoring. The Leps are relying heavily on their defense, but that doesnt automaticlly make the defensive side of the ball into an advantage for la grange. The panthers have a very stout defense themselves, only allowing 168 yards in total to gidding and 14 pts total in the last 2 weeks. Furthermore, It probably wont be a 76 or 55 point game for navarro, but we will get our points. Similarly to us not playing a defense as stout as la grange, lagrange has not played an offense as highly powered as the panthers, so we will see.

bag-o-chips
09-10-2016, 02:58 PM
I was really surprised that La Grange only scored 16 on La Vernia. Holding La Vernia to a goose egg well let's say I am not impressed. They have 7 points in 3 games so that is telling me they have a Goose Egg for an offense. If your offense is struggling then Navarro is not a team you want to see. Navarro held Gonzo to NEGATIVE 7 yds and 0 1st downs in the Half. Gonzo got a FG just before half running a KO back to the 5 yd line and went nowhere.

Navarro by 14

Corn Cob
09-10-2016, 03:39 PM
I just hope it's not rainy conditions and Navarro loses, cuz you know what we'll hear next week.

SaltySixes
09-10-2016, 04:31 PM
I just hope it's not rainy conditions and Navarro loses, cuz you know what we'll hear next week.

Sounds like you werent there. :fnypost:

Corn Cob
09-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Sounds like you werent there.
Oh yeah, I was there. Saw a team wearing green take a team wearing purple to the woodshed, then I read excuses for a month. Even read it in the Seguin newspaper. Made me laugh out loud. In case you don't remember, below is a link. Go Leps.

http://m.seguingazette.com/sports/article_40874b62-9608-11e5-a693-97a2ac17283b.html?mode=jqm

bag-o-chips
09-10-2016, 07:38 PM
No excuses there the rain and wind turned the tables and favored a bigger more physical team. Just the facts.

SaltySixes
09-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah, I was there. Saw a team wearing green take a team wearing purple to the woodshed, then I read excuses for a month. Even read it in the Seguin newspaper. Made me laugh out loud. In case you don't remember, below is a link. Go Leps.

http://m.seguingazette.com/sports/article_40874b62-9608-11e5-a693-97a2ac17283b.html?mode=jqm

If you were there you really are completely full of it... you cannot honestly say that the weather didnt affect the way the game was played.
However, as far as the outcome, the gobblers won fair and square, there are no excuses.

Corn Cob
09-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Bag-o-salt, I am sorry, you two are completely right, the weather did have an affect on the outcome of that game. Under good conditions the Gobblers would have hung another 2-3 TD's on the purple. I find it comical how the folks in Geronimo saw this game. Go Leps.

Gontex
09-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Navarro is definitely one of the elite teams not only in the area, but also in the state. Apaches were pretty soundly whipped Friday. Everybody will breathe a sigh of relief when Navarro's senior class graduates. Schedule doesn't do the Apaches any favors as the Cuero Gobblers come to town this week. 5A Uvalde (not sure what they have) then LaGrange and Giddings lie in wait down the road. Not sure how the Apaches got into this mess, but if they survive this year, things should get better next year with good talent coming up. In the meantime, I'm taking Navarro to win this one.

Blue42
09-11-2016, 08:09 AM
Hey I heard a rumor that there's a Hopkins playing for LaGrange that alone will get you 150 yrs and 3 TD'S playing Navarro.
I'm sorry I had to.
Good luck to both teams they're both very good and deserve respect regardless of what the posters say on here remember its the kids that play the game.

bag-o-chips
09-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Hey I heard a rumor that there's a Hopkins playing for La Grange that alone will get you 150 yrs and 3 TD'S playing Navarro.
I'm sorry I had to.
Good luck to both teams they're both very good and deserve respect regardless of what the posters say on here remember its the kids that play the game.

Haha That is a good one. Lots of Hopkin's nightmares for sure! We will just take it one game at a time for now! Really should be a snotslinging slobberknocker next Friday night!

SaltySixes
09-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Hey I heard a rumor that there's a Hopkins playing for LaGrange that alone will get you 150 yrs and 3 TD'S playing Navarro.
I'm sorry I had to.

hahaha! Very Funny Blue42. :)
Im glad that some of the Cuero posters have been able to issue the Panthers as least some respect... I know without a doubt that the "Folks in Geronimo," have the utmost respect for the Cuero Program, and all of Gobbler Nation.
BTW- Cuero should roll this week.

SaltySixes
09-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Bag-o-salt, I am sorry, you two are completely right, the weather did have an affect on the outcome of that game. Under good conditions the Gobblers would have hung another 2-3 TD's on the purple. I find it comical how the folks in Geronimo saw this game. Go Leps.

Thank you Corn Cob for providing the download with some much needed animosity.
without those of you with similar points of view, this whole forum would be boooooring. Thanks again....

Im also feeling very honored that you have been on the Downlow since 2006, only have 162 posts, and yet found this subject important enough to comment on. You must respect Panther football wether you realize it or not.

strosfan
09-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Hoping LG can take this one, but Navarro has to good of an offense. And LG does have a great defense, but so does Navarro. Navarro's defense won't be on the field near as much as LG. Navarro has a hell of a running attack & they will break down LG defense by time of possession. Navarro by 2 scores or more.

Tejastrue
09-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Panthers roll on. Don't think this will be close by game's end. Hard to believe the productivity drops off that much with Dobbins out. If had to predict..28-7 Navarro.

1st and goal
09-11-2016, 01:36 PM
This will be a great game. Too bad Dobbins got hurt.
I ain't voting because I just don't have a clue who will win.

briandumith*
09-11-2016, 02:27 PM
great game Hands up on the pick.. I will be paying close attention to this game.. Good Luck to both teams.. no injuries allowed this week..

Scoop27
09-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Webcast
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

Pudlugger
09-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Panthers roll on. Don't think this will be close by game's end. Hard to believe the productivity drops off that much with Dobbins out. If had to predict..28-7 Navarro.

Dobbins out changes everything for our offense. With JK we could score anywhere and anytime but now must rely on our execution and work harder to get our points. We have plenty of talent to go far this year but we need to start playing as a team and limit our mistakes on offense. The fact that we have only played two games put us a notch or two back on the learning curve but by district we will be alright.

speedbump
09-12-2016, 02:03 PM
The Leps pull the upset this week. The slot T won't scare em and they will bat down a pass or two.

Wayne
09-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Definitely going to be a good one. I'm pulling for Leps in this one. Good luck to both teams, I hope it an injury free game.

Pudlugger
09-12-2016, 04:06 PM
The Leps pull the upset this week. The slot T won't scare em and they will bat down a pass or two.

Dang I like the way you think Speedy. Good luck to those Ricebirds Friday. They will roll.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-12-2016, 04:10 PM
LG has the front the 7 to win the los then should slow down the Slot T run game but Navarro can pass also but will they try to force the run still if not much success. Navarro defense is about as quick as it comes not sure on the size of the line but defense is as dominant as their offense.

Navarro 20 La Grange 7

regaleagle
09-12-2016, 05:55 PM
LG has a tough D......that will keep it close. Hopkins kid is good but needs some help. A turnover here or there in the right spot and the game can turn. I got this one as a trench battle like the Argyle game. Yeah.....we played 3 qb's that game, but the Leps were very stingy. And they did move the ball on offense against a pretty stout Argyle defensive unit. 3rd game of the season may turn out to be a charm......for the Leps fans. Toss-up city, IMO.

Gsquared
09-13-2016, 08:08 AM
Change of plans, im coming to this game!

buff4ever
09-13-2016, 08:20 AM
I don't think that LG can win this game, I would be very surprised if they did.

Navarro has a very tough defense, and will hold LG to less than 17, and Navarro offense will not be held to less than that.

Pudlugger
09-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't think that LG can win this game, I would be very surprised if they did.

Navarro has a very tough defense, and will hold LG to less than 17, and Navarro offense will not be held to less than that.

Agree that Navarro has a tough defense but the leps do as well. They held Argyle scoreless for almost 3 quarters. The real test comes against the Navarro offense Friday. The leps can defense the slot t better than anyone IMO. If the leps score 17 they could win this game because Navarro will be hard pressed to score three tds against the lep defense. It's going to be a close low scoring defensive struggle and will turn on penalties and turnovers as to who wins.

SaltySixes
09-13-2016, 12:07 PM
Agree that Navarro has a tough defense but the leps do as well. They held Argyle scoreless for almost 3 quarters. The real test comes against the Navarro offense Friday. The leps can defense the slot t better than anyone IMO. If the leps score 17 they could win this game because Navarro will be hard pressed to score three tds against the lep defense. It's going to be a close low scoring defensive struggle and will turn on penalties and turnovers as to who wins.

IMO The panthers will not be hard pressed to score 3 TD's.. Not all Slot-T's are created equally.. just because you handled a Slot-T (for half of a quater), does not mean you can handle any Slot-T any week (for 4 quarters). Secondly it is commonly known that the Leps secondary is the weakest part of the defense, that may not bode well for La Grange considering the panthers have a VERY seasoned QB going into his third year as the starter, and a whole host of senior wide recivers and running backs that love to hit an unsuspecting defensive with big plays.

Snotbubbles
09-13-2016, 12:14 PM
I just want Navarro to be good to go next week vs. Refugio. Take it easy in this one, and give Herring some of his own medicine next week. That said, Panthers are for real. Dobbins, no Dobbins--Navarro by 21. Not sure LG will score. Cause we sux at LV. Come on Sept 23rd game in Refugio.

speedbump
09-13-2016, 12:38 PM
Change of plans, im coming to this game!

You change your mind every day?

Pudlugger
09-13-2016, 01:08 PM
IMO The panthers will not be hard pressed to score 3 TD's.. Not all Slot-T's are created equally.. just because you handled a Slot-T (for half of a quater), does not mean you can handle any Slot-T any week (for 4 quarters). Secondly it is commonly known that the Leps secondary is the weakest part of the defense, that may not bode well for La Grange considering the panthers have a VERY seasoned QB going into his third year as the starter, and a whole host of senior wide recivers and running backs that love to hit an unsuspecting defensive with big plays.

OK let me explain it to you like this. LG has 7 returning starters on defense. Last year they went up against Liberty Hill, La Vernia, Columbus and Hardin-Jefferson (round three of the playoffs). They won all these games and now the seniors are back. In our first scrimmage this season LG looked good on defense against a power running team El Campo holding them scoreless in the simulated portion and 1 td in the controlled portion. They held LV last week to under 100 yards total offense. This returning defensive starters has seen the slot t in several recent games in a spectrum from mediocre(LV) to excellent(LH, H-J) and won them all.

Granted Navarro is very capable on both sides of the LOS but they have not faced a defense as capable as La Grange. BTW our secondary is looking much improved this year with the two McKenzies, sophomores Haardt and A.J. Grant to name a few. Our secondary impressed folks against Argyle in our first whole game. The only 2 tds they scored were on big running plays and the game winning td occurred when LG had a substitution miscue with only 10 men on the field with no time outs. LG outperformed them on total yards, first downs, rushing yards and pass completions. Unfortunately, in the only stats that matter,LG lost in turnovers, penalties and points scored. In short they hung with a more experienced and elite team and fell short by a wee blond one in their first game without Dobbins. Please don't misunderstand, I am not making excuses for our loss to Argyle, they were the better team that night and it was a well deserved victory for the Eagles. Now the Leps have had two games under their belts to work through the loss of Dobbins. In game three they will not make these execution errors and will be improved. The offense is making progress in adjusting to the new normal without JK. Navarro will be another big challenge for the Leps but they have faced some excellent teams and are very comfortable defending the slot-t. I think it will be close and the winner will be the team that makes the least mistakes. That being said LG by 7. :)

Gsquared
09-13-2016, 01:12 PM
You change your mind every day?

Yeah pretty much! Figured I would save my Ricebird trip for El Campo vs. Stafford. I have a bachelor party in Seguin on Saturday so going to the game in Geronimo id be close.

panfan
09-13-2016, 01:34 PM
Navarro is putting up about 144 yds/game receiving and 370 yds/game rushing. No stats from max preps on La Grange. I think Leps can defend Slot t rush, but as I understand it, and based on stats, they like to pass, whihc most slot-t teams don't do. So if the thought is stack the box, then they will go to the air, so have to defend both, which then makes that defense of the Slot t that much more difficult. I think Leps defense is stout, but Navarro use of a deceptive offensive rushing scheme combined with effective passing, puts the panthers up by 10 over the Leps. Needless to say, if LH passed more to open up that stack the box defensive approach, we would also make it more difficult for the defense. Good luck to both teams.

SaltySixes
09-13-2016, 01:42 PM
When its all said and done, I wouldnt be suprised if Navarro is better on both sides of the ball. We will see.

Pudlugger
09-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Correction should be last two years in my post above referring to slot -t teams our defense has played. Three of our seniors were starting on defense in their sophomore year in 2014. So they bring their experience to the field this year. MLB John Garza #52 ( 5'11" 225 4.7) and DE Julio Ramirez #9 (6'2 210 4.5) will be shoring up the middle next Friday. Garza was defensive MVP in the 2014 game against Hardin-Jefferson.

44INAROW
09-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Yeah pretty much! Figured I would save my Ricebird trip for El Campo vs. Stafford. I have a bachelor party in Seguin on Saturday so going to the game in Geronimo id be close.

Which church service will you boys be attending Sunday morning? In case I want to join you? :) :cheerl:

Gsquared
09-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Which church service will you boys be attending Sunday morning? In case I want to join you? :) :cheerl:
HA!!! Ok, we will be at First Baptist Church Seguin, no dancing!

44INAROW
09-13-2016, 02:11 PM
HA!!! Ok, we will be at First Baptist Church Seguin, no dancing!

I will keep the alcohol hidden as well......... :)

LV_Bearfan
09-13-2016, 09:34 PM
I'll take Navarro 28-7.

Pudlugger
09-14-2016, 10:25 AM
If LG gets their offense on track they should win this one. I think by game three they will have made the necessary adjustments to the absence of Dobbins. After three years of play calling with JK in the mix it is very difficult to re-invent the offense. LG has plenty of talent that has been overshadowed by the exceptionalism of a player of Dobbins caliber and now is the time to unleash it. As I said before this will be a defensive struggle and a one possession type game. The team that has the fewest turnovers and penalties wins by a td. Go Leps!

bag-o-chips
09-15-2016, 06:16 AM
La Grange Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DqIjW4-y8

SaltySixes
09-15-2016, 08:42 AM
La Grange Preview

Great video! As a fan, you have to love all the extra media.

Old Green
09-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Great video ! Enjoyed !

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Gsquared
09-15-2016, 10:52 AM
Great video ! Enjoyed !

Val, meet me in Lockhart for BBQ tomorrow and then follow me over to Geronimo for the game!

Gsquared
09-15-2016, 11:05 AM
uGHHH, WRONG KEY

Old Green
09-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Val, meet me in Lockhart for BBQ tomorrow and then follow me over to Geronimo for the game!

I have to go to Houston tomorrow. If I can get away from there in time then I'll meet you in Lockhart. I'll text you if I'll be able to make it.

Gsquared
09-15-2016, 11:12 AM
I have to go to Houston tomorrow. If I can get away from there in time then I'll meet you in Lockhart. I'll text you if I'll be able to make it.

Roger that! Figure ill be in Lockhart between 3 and 4

Old Green
09-15-2016, 11:19 AM
Roger that! Figure ill be in Lockhart between 3 and 4

Ok. Hope to be back from airport by then.

10ForTheWin
09-15-2016, 01:39 PM

Come early, we don't have much seating

Gsquared
09-15-2016, 01:53 PM

That's what I hear!

Pudlugger
09-15-2016, 06:01 PM
La Grange Preview

Coach Kates and the leps are showing great respect for the Panthers.

Maybe I'm getting too old but Jericho Haardt seems so young! Considering how tough and tenacious he runs the football you'd expect him to have a 5 O'clock shadow! I realize he's only a sophomore and the Leps have a great future with him as he grows into the role he inherited from JK, big shoes to fill indeed. He's doing very well so far and is due for a big play soon. Another player to watch who is only a sophomore is #17 AJ Grant WR and LB. LG will return 20 players next year. These young men will only get better. Go Leps!

Tejastrue
09-15-2016, 06:18 PM

That's what I hear!

Think sardines...in a can.:wave:

bag-o-chips
09-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Hey but we have brand spanking new Restrooms and Concessions. We will add on as money permits and it is in the plans for about 400 more seats on the visitors side. We just added on the Home side about 500 plus and still is packed. We do not go into debt and we are finishing 8 tennis courts and RR and Concession and parking for softball and baseball!

We will get there but we will niot go into debt for athletics. Growth is fast and we are building a new intermediate campus plus adding 8 rooms to elem. and expanding the band hall and renovating the technology and science wing at the JR High. We will get there soon!! Please be patient!

PurplePop
09-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Hey but we have brand spanking new Restrooms and Concessions. We will add on as money permits and it is in the plans for about 400 more seats on the visitors side. We just added on the Home side about 500 plus and still is packed. We do not go into debt and we are finishing 8 tennis courts and RR and Concession and parking for softball and baseball!

We will get there but we will niot go into debt for athletics. Growth is fast and we are building a new intermediate campus plus adding 8 rooms to elem. and expanding the band hall and renovating the technology and science wing at the JR High. We will get there soon!! Please be patient!

Any thought of bringing in smaller temporary bleachers for a while to get more seating on visitor's side? The Gonzales' fans definitely ran out of room. I assume it will be the same this week with La Grange fans.

Tejastrue
09-15-2016, 08:48 PM
What about that big jumbo-tron??? lol Just messing with you guys. Navarro has come a long way in relatively short time. I wish you guys all the best and continued success...especially come Friday.

PurplePop
09-15-2016, 08:58 PM
What about that big jumbo-tron??? lol Just messing with you guys. Navarro has come a long way in relatively short time. I wish you guys all the best and continued success...especially come Friday.

I think we are supposed to get a new scoreboard sometime this year. The current one is a relic. And, ironically, we got the farthest in the playoffs in 2010 in our first year at 3A level losing to the eventual state champ Texans in the regional finals. I think we used up about 5 years of good luck during that run. Anyone who saw the Liberty Hill game and the Mathis game knows what I'm talking about.

Tejastrue
09-15-2016, 09:23 PM
2010 was our injury riddled season. We lost to Coldspring that year with Carthage the eventual SC.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2016, 09:58 PM
I think we are supposed to get a new scoreboard sometime this year. The current one is a relic. And, ironically, we got the farthest in the playoffs in 2010 in our first year at 3A level losing to the eventual state champ Texans in the regional finals. I think we used up about 5 years of good luck during that run. Anyone who saw the Liberty Hill game and the Mathis game knows what I'm talking about.yea remember seeing that game Mathis vs Navarro.

SaltySixes
09-15-2016, 11:32 PM
yea remember seeing that game Mathis vs Navarro.

We Won on a blocked kick and a hail mary pass with no time left! Most exciting highschool game ive ever seen!

bag-o-chips
09-16-2016, 04:18 AM
Thought the Hail Mary was before the blocked FG which would have tied it up. Kirk Chalmers blocked it and the Pass was Borman to Aguilar.

No can do on Temp seating with the construction to the Band Hall ongoing at this time. Modifications on the back of the Old Gym need to be done before new additions are done. It will be done as funds are available as the Admin and Board refuse to take on debt for improvements with the need for a new campus for Intermediate heading out for bids.

Thanks Tejas the last thing after the school construction is finished will be a nicer entrance and ticket booths to replace the deer blinds!! LOL At least the Porta Potties are History!!

bag-o-chips
09-16-2016, 04:20 AM
Oh that Mathis team was known as BMW and Coach Kilby is now the Freshman HC for Travis Bush at Seguin and I hear the Freshman are running the Slot T in Seguin.

Pudlugger
09-16-2016, 06:07 AM
Back on topic, LG has a steep hill to climb tonight. I am hoping and praying that this game will be clean fair and injury free for both teams. The winner will be the team that makes fewer miscues and turnovers. The best team will win this game. I hope that will be our Leps, but the Panthers are heavily favored in this contest. No matter the outcome, this should be a great game for the fans of both teams. Go Leps!

SaltySixes
09-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Oh that Mathis team was known as BMW and Coach Kilby is now the Freshman HC for Travis Bush at Seguin and I hear the Freshman are running the Slot T in Seguin.

Your right about the sucession of events, I was just stating that those things happened....
That was also the playoff run when coach Goad got so fired up during the halftime talk that he dove at a trashcan in order to rally the troops... when he got up, his face was slightly bloodied, and he was screaming somethimg along the lines of, "Lets go Panthers,"...
or maybe it was much more vulgar than that lol...
either way, it got every person in there ready to go out and dominate the second half. I have never seen a team rally aroud a head coach quite like that day....
Coach Goads the greatest. :wave:

10ForTheWin
09-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Your right about the sucession of events, I was just stating that those things happened....
That was also the playoff run when coach Goad got so fired up during the halftime talk that he dove at a trashcan in order to rally the troops... when he got up, his face was slightly bloodied, and he was screaming somethimg along the lines of, "Lets go Panthers,"...
or maybe it was much more vulgar than that lol...
either way, it got every person in there ready to go out and dominate the second half. I have never seen a team rally aroud a head coach quite like that day....
Coach Goads the greatest. :wave:

Let's be honest Salty, it's Coach Goad, I'm pretty sure whatever he screamed was a clean as a Disney Movie

SaltySixes
09-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Let's be honest Salty, it's Coach Goad, I'm pretty sure whatever he screamed was a clean as a Disney Movie

Haha I have heard him drop the f bomb 2 times lol...
But usually no profanity i must say.

zebrablue2
09-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Best of luck to both teams, play injury free, and go LEPS!!!

PurplePop
09-16-2016, 01:20 PM
Best of luck to both teams, play injury free, and go LEPS!!!

Ditto to everything but the last part.
Go Panthers!

10ForTheWin
09-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Navarro 14, La Grange 0 - 4:17 1st

To bad it's not raining amiright

SaltySixes
09-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Hard pressed to score 21?..
In the first half.

SaltySixes
09-16-2016, 09:35 PM
23 secs between touchdowns.

SaltySixes
09-16-2016, 09:38 PM
LaGrange now is fighting us.

SaltySixes
09-16-2016, 09:59 PM
On almost everyplay

SaltySixes
09-16-2016, 10:04 PM
42 to 7 navarro...
Still in the third

Tejastrue
09-16-2016, 10:33 PM
Congrats Panthers!! Wow!!

10ForTheWin
09-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Congrats Panthers!! Wow!!

Thanks Texas! It was ugly but still a big time win. Saw y'all won too, congrats!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2016, 11:11 PM
Another impressive win.

Tejastrue
09-16-2016, 11:12 PM
Some of the most important victories toward that SC title come by way of winning ugly.

bag-o-chips
09-16-2016, 11:20 PM
At half Navarro had 209 yards and LG had 42 with only 2 yds rushing should have the final stats soon.

Final Stats 337 yards for Navarro and La Grange 101 yards

bag-o-chips
09-16-2016, 11:40 PM

Just wondering where Cornholio is tonight? Looking for TP I guess?

SaltySixes
09-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Just wondering where Cornholio is tonight? Looking for TP I guess?

Haha. But seriously thank God for good weather!

Corn Cob
09-17-2016, 12:41 AM
I'm right here bags, and I bow down to all you Geronimoites. Great win tonight. Y'all must be pretty d@mm good. Good luck the rest of the way, and we'll chat some more around the first of December.

Pudlugger
09-17-2016, 03:15 AM
Hats off to the Panthers who dominated tonight. Lots of work to do for the Leps to get their mojo back after such a disappointing start to the season. Injuries, penalties and general disarray characterize the season so far. I had hoped our defense could hold the line enough to give the struggling Lep offense a chance to get on track but a bigger, faster and overall better Navarro team just wasn't having it. I don't see them having any difficulty winning this year until Cuero in the regional final or WOS in the semi-final. The Panthers of Navarro definitely have a shot at the big prize this year. Good luck the rest of the way. :)

bag-o-chips
09-17-2016, 07:15 AM
I'm right here bags, and I bow down to all you Geronimoites. Great win tonight. Y'all must be pretty d@mm good. Good luck the rest of the way, and we'll chat some more around the first of December.

Thanks. We are trying to show what our program has done under Coach Goad. But we are only as good as the next game!

bag-o-chips
09-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Hats off to the Panthers who dominated tonight. Lots of work to do for the Leps to get their mojo back after such a disappointing start to the season. Injuries, penalties and general disarray characterize the season so far. I had hoped our defense could hold the line enough to give the struggling Lep offense a chance to get on track but a bigger, faster and overall better Navarro team just wasn't having it. I don't see them having any difficulty winning this year until Cuero in the regional final or WOS in the semi-final. The Panthers of Navarro definitely have a shot at the big prize this year. Good luck the rest of the way. :)

Thanks! We were just a little fired up last night. The kids really took exception to the DC from the Leps saying we had not been hit in the mouth yet! Here is wishing the young man from your team will be OK and best of luck with the rest of your season and District.

PurplePop
09-17-2016, 08:35 AM
Thanks! We were just a little fired up last night. The kids really took exception to the DC from the Leps saying we had not been hit in the mouth yet! Here is wishing the young man from your team will be OK and best of luck with the rest of your season and District.

Not to mention ... "if we can 'stone' at least two or three of those guys, I think we'll be ok..." If you're gonna talk the talk...

1st and goal
09-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Navarro is legit!

44INAROW
09-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Any video of the game?

SaltySixes
09-17-2016, 12:20 PM
Any video of the game?

Im sure That the Chandler, the young man who makes the highlight videos, will make one for this week. It just usually takes him a couple of days.

bag-o-chips
09-17-2016, 12:23 PM
Maybe out his evening but here is the FSSW Clip

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video?vid=767302211820

44INAROW
09-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Very nice...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Refugio is next?

buff4ever
09-17-2016, 03:32 PM

I think I tried to prepare yall, but you thought you knew better.

bag-o-chips
09-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Refugio is next?

Yep it will be a fun Friday night again!

Tejastrue
09-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Just reflecting..Argyle scored 14...:thinking:

SaltySixes
09-17-2016, 08:56 PM
Just reflecting..Argyle scored 14...:thinking:

Yes sir

Tejastrue
09-17-2016, 08:58 PM
An anomaly?? :)

SaltySixes
09-17-2016, 11:00 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/hs-scoreboard-live-la-grange-vs-navarro-091616

Navarro LaGrange fox sports coverage

SaltySixes
09-17-2016, 11:02 PM
https://youtu.be/3b76jC-9sX8

This weeks Chandler Dillon highlight tape.

bag-o-chips
09-17-2016, 11:33 PM
https://youtu.be/3b76jC-9sX8

bag-o-chips
09-17-2016, 11:33 PM
There you go Six I fixed it for you!

PurplePop
09-18-2016, 09:08 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1269034379787730&id=132874883403691&_rdr

La Grange coach: "They are a better football team than we are right now with our personnel."

Honestly, coach? Is that a JK reference? Hope not. The Panthers could have beat the Leps running our basic three slot-t plays all night if we wanted to. That's all we ran in the 2nd half to put up 21 more points before we put in the 2nd team.
See you and your personnel next year, coach.

P.S. We only punted once.

bag-o-chips
09-18-2016, 09:15 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1269034379787730&id=132874883403691&_rdr

La Grange coach: "They are a better football team than we are right now with our personnel."

Honestly, coach? Is that a JK reference? Hope not. The Panthers could have beat the Leps running our basic three slot-t plays all night if we wanted to. That's all we ran in the 2nd half to put up 21 more points before we put in the 2nd team.
See you and your personnel next year, coach.

P.S. We only punted once.

I remember 2 punts and the Express news stats show 3 punts for us and 7 for them. Our first punt we were flagged for interference and moved them down to the 28 leading to their 1st td

bag-o-chips
09-18-2016, 09:16 AM
No doubt JK would have helped the offense but he would have had nothing to do with stopping the 42 points hung on them.

PurplePop
09-18-2016, 11:08 AM
No doubt JK would have helped the offense but he would have had nothing to do with stopping the 42 points hung on them.

I was wrong about the punts. 3 total. One late when 2nd team was in. I'll give them that. They made us punt 3 times.

GobblersUnite
09-18-2016, 11:17 AM
Easy now guys...win with class and lose with class. Don't jump on coach's point of view after a loss. I've seen and heard many things from coaches after wins and losses. I think last years' outcome in the regional round prompted some outlandish things about the weather....and posters backing up the coach's comments. If the LG coach thinks his team is better with arguably the best running back in the state of Texas, then so be it lol.

PurplePop
09-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Easy now guys...win with class and lose with class. Don't jump on coach's point of view after a loss. I've seen and heard many things from coaches after wins and losses. I think last years' outcome in the regional round prompted some outlandish things about the weather....and posters backing up the coach's comments. If the LG coach thinks his team is better with arguably the best running back in the state of Texas, then so be it lol.

Couldn't agree more. Tell it to the La Grange coaches. They didn't show class before or after our game. I let it go before (our players didn't), but I'm not giving the HC a pass after our kids completely dominated them. BTW, I was not one of the Navarro posters complaining about the weather last year. The best team won. Hands down. End of story.

bag-o-chips
09-18-2016, 11:44 AM

I agree I just think the game would have ben real tight with JK playing. I still think our offense would have performed but I know what JK could have done if healthy. I guess we will never know but I have tons of respect for JK and what he means to La Grange.

SaltySixes
09-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Wow still talking about the weather. For some reason Cuero posters sound like, all those horribly mislead "folks in geronimo"....
Speaking on the class on this particular head coach. I had no problem with the pre, or post game comments. Where he lacked, was letting his players brawl on every play. LG best LB was ejected for throughing a punch. Overall LG did not handle losing well .. i know you cant entirely blame that on the coach, but you kind of can!

hookandladder
09-19-2016, 07:06 AM
I was not at the game nor did I listen to much of it on the radio, when I did listen Navarro was up by 28 already. Coach Kates is a very classy coach and well respected among other coaches that I know. I am sure as the season progresses without JK more frustration will build, when you have a player like JK who only comes around maybe once in every 10-15 years and lose him on the first play from scrimmage in your first game it's going to be hard to overcome at this level of ball. Our team is not that deep in talent as previous years, JK made up for the lack talent on both sides of the ball. I am sure Coach Kates did not mean to disrespect Navarro with his comments, sometimes what you say comes out different to other people. From what I have been hearing Navarro is a team that can do well in the playoffs this year, Good to you guys.

PappaFeelGood
09-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Well said Hook. The Panthers are definitely the real deal. As for my Leps they will learn from this and Kates et al will have the team prepped for district play.

PurplePop
09-19-2016, 08:39 AM
I was not at the game nor did I listen to much of it on the radio, when I did listen Navarro was up by 28 already. Coach Kates is a very classy coach and well respected among other coaches that I know. I am sure as the season progresses without JK more frustration will build, when you have a player like JK who only comes around maybe once in every 10-15 years and lose him on the first play from scrimmage in your first game it's going to be hard to overcome at this level of ball. Our team is not that deep in talent as previous years, JK made up for the lack talent on both sides of the ball. I am sure Coach Kates did not mean to disrespect Navarro with his comments, sometimes what you say comes out different to other people. From what I have been hearing Navarro is a team that can do well in the playoffs this year, Good to you guys.

I appreciate your comments. Coach Kates is all class. I know that. And, I nitpicked his post game comments too much. I mostly took offense to LG's DC's comments before the game because I thought they disrespected our head coach, Les Goad, who has been around a lot longer than LG's DC. Whenever we play a quality team like La Grange, we are ALWAYS, and I mean always, the smaller team with fewer naturally gifted athletes (yes, including LG without JK). For instance, LG's very talented linebacker is 5'11" 225 lbs. Our very talented linebacker is 6'0" 185 lbs. I could be wrong, but I think Navarro has produced a grand total of 1 NCAA Div. I players, and he was a punter. Our success is 100% due to Coach Goad, who I consider one of the best coaches in the state. He never gets enough credit for what he accomplishes with his kids every year. So, I apologize if I overreacted a bit.

bd62
09-20-2016, 02:46 AM
What Coach Goad has done at Navarro is amazing. Those kids play as consistent and team ball as any team I seen. They just look the same each week and believe me there is talent and speed on that team. Hope yaw take Refugio to woodshed. I heard they are more displine than last yr but they were cocky and arrogant last yr. Hope they changed and if they did they be hard to beat in2A. But Navarro is
to much for them.