PDA

View Full Version : Da hill vs Da wood.....

panfan
09-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Ought to be an interesting match up. Who ya got?

Bosqueville
09-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Eeessshhh... I don't know about this one for Bwd.

Indians212
09-07-2016, 01:06 PM
Ought to be an interesting match up. Who ya got?

Has the hill improved since their 1st scrimmage? I will take the hill. Brownwood is going to have a rough stretch the next 2 weeks.

greendawg84
09-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Finally a test for the Barney's ! I will pull for the Da Hill but this should be a very interesting game . I think this will tell a lot about what the future holds for both teams .

panfan
09-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Finally a test for the Barney's ! I will pull for the Da Hill but this should be a very interesting game . I think this will tell a lot about what the future holds for both teams .

For once, I agree with G-dawg. Will LH be up for the mighty Lions? Panthers have not been tested as of yet. To answer an earlier post, I think they have improved since first scrimmage, but we will see by how much. Panthers and Lions past game history has been mixed in terms of wins, but being a homer, I'll take the Panthers by a single score in what is certain to be a hard fought game.

greendawg84
09-08-2016, 12:42 PM
WOW ..... panfan agree's with me !!!!!!!!

LHPfactory
09-08-2016, 01:22 PM
I believe this game will be a deciding point for LH. They have a lot to live up to in the rankings. They have enough players to realize this, but they need to get their heads on straight and get focused, or the season will slip away.
That being said, I believe they will launch Friday night.

hollywood
09-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Taking the Lions in a close game

briandumith*
09-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Taking the Lions in a close game
I agree %100

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Super_R
09-09-2016, 12:30 PM
LH Rolls!

Come on with the Come on!!!

slingshot
09-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Playing at Gordon Wood right? If so I'll take The Loins by 3...

lhhsfan
09-09-2016, 01:32 PM
I got a boy in the game at DE for LH.......so watch a great deal of Hudl during the week......My 2 cents is its all about BW D-line controlling our backs and LH ability to defend the pass and outside run........calling it a close one with LH coming out on top......2nd year in a row we ahve to travel to BW....not sure why :-)

LHAG
09-09-2016, 01:46 PM
LH by 2 scores. Defense is better than last year AND more depth. Pass defense improved by 7 on 7 season.

panfan
09-09-2016, 01:50 PM
I got a boy in the game at DE for LH.......so watch a great deal of Hudl during the week......My 2 cents is its all about BW D-line controlling our backs and LH ability to defend the pass and outside run........calling it a close one with LH coming out on top......2nd year in a row we ahve to travel to BW....not sure why :-)

I think cause the last time they came to our house - we whooped that arse. Might be some lingering hurt feelings over that.:D

panfan
09-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Playing at Gordon Wood right? If so I'll take The Loins by 3...

The Loins..., I guess we are going to a BBQ. How do you like your Lion loins, medium rare please.

clcannon17
09-09-2016, 10:15 PM
Incredible game and a heart breaker for the lions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

clcannon17
09-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Just is the last game showed never to underestimate the steers, this game shows to never underestimate the lions.

P.S. LH has a few things to work on if they plan on beating LV and CS. Good luck on the road ahead!

Pudlugger
09-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Great game for both teams. Congrats to LH. Did Brownwood go for 2 in overtime?

clcannon17
09-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Great game for both teams. Congrats to LH. Did Brownwood go for 2 in overtime?

High snap, wish we would of...

panfan
09-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Just is the last game showed never to underestimate the steers, this game shows to never underestimate the lions.

P.S. LH has a few things to work on if they plan on beating LV and CS. Good luck on the road ahead!

From what I heard on the broadcast, sounds like both teams have a fair amount to work on. WAs exciting to listen too. Good luck lions going forward.

hollywood
09-09-2016, 10:50 PM
From what I heard on the broadcast, sounds like both teams have a fair amount to work on. WAs exciting to listen too. Good luck lions going forward.

Agree 100%

Super_R
09-12-2016, 07:35 AM
What an amazing game! It was such an emotional roller coaster! Crazy plays...hook and ladder on 3rd and a mile...goal line stand from inside the 1...2 onside kick recoveries...blocked PAT and score...50 yard field goal...in overtime, another blocked PAT. Just Crazy!!!!

BwdLion73
09-12-2016, 07:57 AM
You certainly did not have much time to go to the famous Gordon Wood horse trough restrooms.

I thought Liberty Hill showed what they will be capable of during the first quarter with their patented 3 yards and a cloud of dust routine. They can hog that ball and wear a group out! They also have a kid that can kick the ball. That 50 yard field goal was great but his onside kicking ability was awesome. (50 yard F.G. and two fourth quarter onside kicks)

As a non-inside information person I have not figured out what Brownwood is trying to hang their hat on offensively but their defense seems to be coming along nicely. The past 3 weeks will certainly steel them for a strong district run. The 3 games have been a double overtime loss to a better than average Canyon, squeaker win against Graham and now an overtime loss to Liberty Hill.

I'm waiting to see what happens when we are up a couple of scores with a few minutes remaining. The fans and team may not know what to do!!

LHAG
09-12-2016, 09:20 AM
LH by 2 scores. Defense is better than last year AND more depth. Pass defense improved by 7 on 7 season.

Man, did I miss it by a mile or what?

I watched practice last Wednesday and was surprised to see the amount of time spent on kickoffs, especially onside kicks. I was surprised at how well the kicker was able to execute onside kicks to various parts of the field.

Great game by the Lions. Good luck on the rest of the season.

panfan
09-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Man, did I miss it by a mile or what?

I watched practice last Wednesday and was surprised to see the amount of time spent on kickoffs, especially onside kicks. I was surprised at how well the kicker was able to execute onside kicks to various parts of the field.

Great game by the Lions. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Having watched my boy play Bwood and now a bunch of new kids, I knew this would be close, it always has been. Lions are a tough group and they manage to find a way to put points on the board. Now - this LH bunch shows they have some salt in their veins, down two TDs in the fourth and fighting back to win in OT - way to go boys.