PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs Denison...

slingshot
09-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Week 3... time for our offense to gel. I know nothing about Denison--maybe some of you Metroplex/East Texas can fill me in on their strengths and weaknesses. Being 5A I expect them to be big--are they fast? Disciplined? Well coached?

If we play like we did the first 2 weeks it won't matter... turnovers and missed assignments are killing us. Defense is really playing well but last week just got gassed because the offense could not stay on the field. Missed blocks, wrong routes, bad snaps, penalties at inoperturne times. VERY un-Wylie like.
This team is quite talented and has decent size/speed, have some playmakers--just have not been able to put it together...

Thoughts on the game?

toddg
09-06-2016, 10:21 PM
I bet Wylie irons out some things this week. Don't know much about Denison, I'm sure Sandifer knows though, and will have the BullDawgs prepared.

regaleagle
09-07-2016, 07:53 AM
The last several years Argyle played Denison we found out they field a pretty darn good team each year. I don't think the Wylie fans will be disappointed with this matchup.......Denison usually has a pretty good QB at the helm. Don't know what they have this season, but they tend to be very competitive in their 5A district. I think they usually make the playoffs and have a good program going on over there. Should be a tough game and good battle for the Wyliedawgs this year. The Yellowjackets are (0-2) so far this season, but did put up 61 pts in a shootout with Trinity Christian(2-0), and lost again last week to a very good Frisco High(2-0) team 34-21. Looks like a good test coming up this week for Wylie.

slingshot
09-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Watching the film clips it looks like they do have good size and a couple of burners in the skill positions... DJ Gray in particular. I just hope we pull our head out of our arse offensively... and soon.

nobogey72
09-07-2016, 02:03 PM
I do know that their HC is our ol' buddy from Snyder, Chad Rogers. Just wondering if he took Black Magic with him to Denison. Probably not or he would have chimed in already.

lostaussie
09-07-2016, 05:01 PM
I do know that their HC is our ol' buddy from Snyder, Chad Rogers. Just wondering if he took Black Magic with him to Denison. Probably not or he would have chimed in already.

Dude......where you been? Good to see your still around!!!

slingshot
09-07-2016, 06:16 PM
I do know that their HC is our ol' buddy from Snyder, Chad Rogers. Just wondering if he took Black Magic with him to Denison. Probably not or he would have chimed in already.Wow... :ack!: Wonder if he'll cry to the refs that our band is too loud like he always did at Snyder?

nobogey72
09-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Wow... :ack!: Wonder if he'll cry to the refs that our band is too loud like he always did at Snyder?

Yeah, that was the first and only time I've ever seen a coach complain to the refs about a band playing too loudly. Pretty strange. We were awful on offense the first week, improved greatly last week but still had a lot of "cleaning up"to do. I predict that we "click on all cylinders" and have a breakout offensive game tomorrow night and get a win against a quality 5A team. We snapped the ball 66 times last week vs Monterrey which is the 2nd most that Sandifer could ever remember. So, we know we are capable of moving the ball against good defenses. Can't wait for the game.

briandumith*
09-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Definitely an intriguing game here. I don't think we've seen the wileys potential just yet this year. But it might just be on display this week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DaHop72
09-09-2016, 04:36 PM
No Goober, he's a head coach down South!:wave::wave: