PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley @ Lampasas

Tejastrue
09-06-2016, 08:48 PM
The Texans (1-1) travel to Lampasas (1-1). I know nothing about the Badgers except they put up 68 points against Robinson last week and it wasn't enough. It appears they handled Fredericksburg the week before. Maybe someone can share some insight here.

Tejastrue
09-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Well okay then...nobody? lol

Looking for the Texans to bounce back in a big way. I know they are chomping at the bit. Go Texans!

Bosqueville
09-08-2016, 08:01 AM
All I know is what I read in the Waco paper. They can score at will but have no defense. They put up 68 in a loss! A very good running back. Also, they're stadium is awful!!!

PurplePop
09-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Wimberley by 4 TD's at least. I'll go with 42 to 7. Wimberley will have no trouble scoring and Lampasas will.

greendawg84
09-08-2016, 09:16 AM
All I know is what I read in the Waco paper. They can score at will but have no defense. They put up 68 in a loss! A very good running back. Also, they're stadium is awful!!!

I think they will score but not at all like against Robinson . Robinson is in the same boat , great O and NO D ! Give me the Texans . Their stadium is old school which I like , its the parking that sucks ! One of a few grass fields with not track still left . Small visitors side , but they did finally get rid of the old wood that put splinters in your butt !

Rocket Man
09-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Robinson is in the same boat , great O and NO D !

Well, you know whose dang fault this is.....................stinkin' CAM!

Without him posting his "stuff" we have no bulletin board stuff with which to motivate the defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With regard to the game: Lampasas looked a bit small overall; however, I thought they were pretty scrappy. They have a new head coach this year and I thought it showed; it appears that this guy is changing the culture there, but time will tell.

I too like their field; kinda a travel back in time, very quaint.

PurplePop
09-08-2016, 01:28 PM
I think they will score but not at all like against Robinson . Robinson is in the same boat , great O and NO D ! Give me the Texans . Their stadium is old school which I like , its the parking that sucks ! One of a few grass fields with not track still left . Small visitors side , but they did finally get rid of the old wood that put splinters in your butt !

Gonzales and Hondo are two other fields with no track and real grass. I love going to games at both. You are right on top of the action. Hondo is very unique. In addition to not having a track, there are oak trees everywhere. Every extra point at one end of the field disappears into the middle of a beautiful 100+ year old oak tree. There is another huge oak tree shading a part of the home stands. It's really cool and kind of surreal.

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Well, you know whose dang fault this is.....................stinkin' CAM!

Without him posting his "stuff" we have no bulletin board stuff with which to motivate the defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With regard to the game: Lampasas looked a bit small overall; however, I thought they were pretty scrappy. They have a new head coach this year and I thought it showed; it appears that this guy is changing the culture there, but time will tell.

I too like their field; kinda a travel back in time, very quaint.

I'll go with Lampasas...... just because the hamburger place across the street is pretty good.

They do a have brand new field (three years old now?) out at the new school. Cannot use it because they couldn't afford to put an elevator in the press box.

Rocket Man
09-08-2016, 01:57 PM
I'll go with Lampasas...... just because the hamburger place across the street is pretty good.

They do a have brand new field (three years old now?) out at the new school. Cannot use it because they couldn't afford to put an elevator in the press box.

We had us some Storms' burgers after the game just this past Friday...........very good stuff & the ice cream in their shakes is almost just like the homemade ice cream we had when I was a kid way back in the 70's.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Gonzales and Hondo are two other fields with no track and real grass. I love going to games at both. You are right on top of the action. Hondo is very unique. In addition to not having a track, there are oak trees everywhere. Every extra point at one end of the field disappears into the middle of a beautiful 100+ year old oak tree. There is another huge oak tree shading a part of the home stands. It's really cool and kind of surreal.2010 Hondo had turf, did they change to a grass field?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUf6FCp4xA

PurplePop
09-08-2016, 02:03 PM
2010 Hondo had turf, did they change to a grass field?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUf6FCp4xA

My bad. I remembered grass for some reason. We were there in 2014. Going back next month.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2016, 02:07 PM
My bad. I remembered grass for some reason. We were there in 2014. Going back next month.it's a unique field, yea there is a lot of grass and trees that are part of the stadium.

and for this game thread matchup its looks like a good one.

Wimberley by 7

Tejastrue
09-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Good to see some activity..burgers or not. lol I will be on call and not able to make this one. Never been to Lampasas HS but I love the grass fields too. Just the sweet smell of that green stuff gets the adrenaline flowing even after all these years.

Tejastrue
09-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Lets go Texans!!

Tejastrue
09-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Our JV throttled Lampasas 46-13. Here's hoping for similar results tonight!

Tejastrue
09-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Wimberley 31
Lampasas 7
final

Defense has given up 24 pts total in 3 games.

I guess the Badgers emptied their tank last week.

bag-o-chips
09-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Impressive ! Looks like the Texans are rolling now! Congrats

Tejastrue
09-10-2016, 07:16 AM
Lampasas has some athletes. They gained some yardage on us although half of what they were used to..and showed frustration and lack of discipline with a few unsportsmanlike penalties. Their QB could throw the deep ball and made things happen with his legs. One receiver in particular gave us fits. Now we get to see how we handle the slot-t with Canyon Lake coming to town next Friday.

bag-o-chips
09-10-2016, 07:18 AM
I don't think you will have a problem at CL. Don't think they run it as well as a few others do!!:wave:

Tejastrue
09-10-2016, 09:14 AM
I don't think you will have a problem at CL. Don't think they run it as well as a few others do!!:wave:

Now that is probably the biggest understatement so far this year. Few... more like 'as in one." :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
09-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Forgot to share that our QB play was much improved for this game. Respectable 13-18 for 156yds..no ints. Kudos to those two young men. Coach mentioned in the pregame interview that the player I'm not suppose to mention is almost ready for a return following off season surgery. I'm sure all will be up for the challenge. Go Texans!!

SaltySixes
09-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Forgot to share that our QB play was much improved for this game. Respectable 13-18 for 156yds..no ints. Kudos to those two young men. Coach mentioned in the pregame interview that the player I'm not suppose to mention is almost ready for a return following off season surgery. I'm sure all will be up for the challenge. Go Texans!!

cough** N. Woods