PDA

View Full Version : I would be embarrassed!!

Spursfan
09-05-2016, 10:11 PM
I would beTOTALLY embarrassed if our school had the $$$ to put in artificial turf but did not update any of the VISITORS side.
I just got through washing mud off my work shoes for 30 minutes. No parking. When we did find a place we had to walk through mud like a herd of cattle. I feel sorry for the ground maintenance crew tomorrow. Lot of mud on the sidewalks and curbs. Second the UIL needs to mandate a law where there needs to be the same number of seats available to visitors as the home team. I know back in the 70 and 80 we went to a stadium where the Cuero fans would sit in several sections on the home side due to no enough seats. If you expect us to stand bull doze the hills. Have you ever tried to stand for 4 quarters on those mountains. Third speaks for itself! Restrooms and concession stands. I would rather go to a porta potty!!! How can a school district get by with this. This stadium is nowhere near up to code for handicap. Have you ever tried to help a person with a walker or wheel chair in there. INSANE! The worst turf stadium in the state!!
Just makes me that much prouder of our Gobbler Stadium!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spursfan
09-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I forgot to put the Stadium. It's Yoakum Bulldog Stadium.

Spursfan
09-05-2016, 11:34 PM
I knew I forgot 1 more thing. YPD have you ever heard of directing traffic out of a Stadium onto the highway??? Another reason to be proud of our PD, School District and everyone involved at Gobbler Stadium. When you come here from Yoakum next year you will see a top notch stadium EVEN FOR THE VISITORS!

speedbump
09-06-2016, 12:02 AM
What about the skeeters? You haven't said anything about the skeeters. Tell us bout the skeeters.

Blue42
09-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Yoakum is a world and a half better than Smithvill and remember they are still working on it. But I did hear that our boys had a hot box to get dressed in.

bd62
09-06-2016, 01:25 AM
I forgot to put the Stadium. It's Yoakum Bulldog Stadium.

The visitor side holds 2500 and the home side 3500. That's about normal anywhere. You know well that the home side at Cuero holds more than the visitors. Only team to fill Yoakum visitors side will be Cuero and probably Hallettsville. So cut out this crap because the parking in Cuero is not like it was 2 yrs ago. Last year Yoakum had parking problems there also.due to school construction So it rain a lot in our. Area. I guess that Yoakum fault. Last year we were told by some very nice Cuero posters that parking would be a problem due to construction and we appreciate that. YT Bulldogs and myself posted about the parking problems due to school construction so the fine folks in Cuero would be informed. The Cuero folks got there early.
I think this was a brutal post by whoever you are. That's sad.

bd62
09-06-2016, 01:45 AM
This guy probably never seen Smithville stands or parking Neal. And they don't have school construction going on. He needs to go to Marion and see there 300 max fans visitors side with boards that you are afraid going to fall thru when you go up the stands and then get splinters in your butt when you set down.

10ForTheWin
09-06-2016, 02:38 AM
Or Navarro's stands for that matter, we only sit 2500 total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bd62
09-06-2016, 02:53 AM
What about the skeeters? You haven't said anything about the skeeters. Tell us bout the skeeters.

Oh yes they were a few skeeters and that's Yoakum fault also if you follow this guys logic.

PurplePop
09-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Or Navarro's stands for that matter, we only sit 2500 total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, our visitor's press box seats about 4 comfortably not including the perilous rooftop viewing. Not as bad as Comfort, though. I thought their visitor's press "stand" (there is no inside) was going to fall on us the whole game last year. That was a frightening experience for our 3 coaches jammed together up there swaying in the hill country breeze for two hours. Absolutely, beautiful view at Comfort Stadium, though.

Spursfan
09-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Brutal maybe! But the God's honest truth yes. I have been to Smithville and their whole stadium is crap. Unlike Yoakum Jerry Jones world on home side and Smithville on visitor side. And whomever thinks visitor holds 2500 needs to go back to math class.

pancho villa
09-06-2016, 07:39 AM
I would beTOTALLY embarrassed if our school had the $$$ to put in artificial turf but did not update any of the VISITORS side.
I just got through washing mud off my work shoes for 30 minutes. No parking. When we did find a place we had to walk through mud like a herd of cattle. I feel sorry for the ground maintenance crew tomorrow. Lot of mud on the sidewalks and curbs. Second the UIL needs to mandate a law where there needs to be the same number of seats available to visitors as the home team. I know back in the 70 and 80 we went to a stadium where the Cuero fans would sit in several sections on the home side due to no enough seats. If you expect us to stand bull doze the hills. Have you ever tried to stand for 4 quarters on those mountains. Third speaks for itself! Restrooms and concession stands. I would rather go to a porta potty!!! How can a school district get by with this. This stadium is nowhere near up to code for handicap. Have you ever tried to help a person with a walker or wheel chair in there. INSANE! The worst turf stadium in the state!!
Just makes me that much prouder of our Gobbler Stadium!!!

Need some cheese? Get a life!

Spursfan
09-06-2016, 07:51 AM

Spursfan
09-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Oh yes they were a few skeeters and that's Yoakum fault also if you follow this guys logic.
There were no skeeters on our side. Thank God!!

Old Green
09-06-2016, 07:59 AM
YTBulldog and BD62 posted days before the game about the construction and that parking was going to be a problem. It rained before the game so mud was to be expected. During all the construction at Cuero we had the same problem. So let's talk about the great game these two fine teams put on for fans.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

YTBulldogs
09-06-2016, 08:08 AM
I too am very proud of Gobbler Stadium. Best in area IMO. Always have stated that since ya'll upgraded. Amazing facility. Teams looking for a playoff site later in year, nothing better than Gobbler Stadium and your treated very well unlike Victoria Memorial Stadium staff.
That said, very proud of what Bulldog Stadium will be in the coming years too. Sorry, our upgrades are not finished yet Spursfan, and at your pace. We upgrade when the total funding is accounted for first. And, I'm sorry it rained past 2-3 weeks causing the new restrooms/concessions on visitor side to not be ready for home opener and your game. Sorry your Chuck Taylors got muddy too. And those skeeters that bit you, hopefully wasn't those zika types? Once again, sorry for your bad experience in our town, and congrats on the Gobblers victory and best wishes going forward.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Spurfan, slam our girls softball facility (city park). It's now my mission to have their own complex built. Way over due.

bd62
09-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Val did Grant and Terry make it down. They talked about coming on there sideline to sideline show. The game showed early season mistakes that both teams will clean up. Both teams will get lots better by playing each other. Plenty to work on but I think this could be a special year for both if the injuries bug doesn't hit . I have great respect for Cuero program and there head coach. I made many friends over there with my Oldest grandson playing sports and he and Blake Reeves graduated in 2013 and are really good friends. I try to make as many of Jv and freshman games as I can with one GS on JV and one on Freshman team . But since all 4 kids went to Yoakum and I follow them for 40 yrs I still have some Blue in me. But I support those GS and when my oldest was on varsity I was on Cuero side and same will happen with the younger ones.

Old Green
09-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Val did Grant and Terry make it down. They talked about coming on there sideline to sideline show. The game showed early season mistakes that both teams will clean up. Both teams will get lots better by playing each other. Plenty to work on but I think this could be a special year for both if the injuries bug doesn't hit . I have great respect for Cuero program and there head coach. I made many friends over there with my Oldest grandson playing sports and he and Blake Reeves graduated in 2013 and are really good friends. I try to make as many of Jv and freshman games as I can with one GS on JV and one on Freshman team . But since all 4 kids went to Yoakum and I follow them for 40 yrs I still have some Blue in me. But I support those GS and when my oldest was on varsity I was on Cuero side and same will happen with the younger ones.

Yes, Grant and his Friend made it down Friday. We ate at city market in Luling and toured the Shiner Brewery before the game. He sat on Yoakum side the first half and Cuero side the 2nd. We had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Phantom Stang
09-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Second the UIL needs to mandate a law where there needs to be the same number of seats available to visitors as the home team.

It's a shame Bernie didn't get nominated. Maybe we could have made that a law nation wide.:smoker:

coach
09-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Maybe the OP needs to move to Allen.

BwdLion73
09-06-2016, 09:57 AM
It's a shame Bernie didn't get nominated. Maybe we could have made that a law nation wide.:smoker:

...and the games could be free...

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2016, 11:53 AM
So you never been to a 6 man football field? Pretty pompous post!

1st and goal
09-06-2016, 02:09 PM
I like Smithville.

Someone I know got stung by a red wasp at Wimberley. They really need to do something about that...:)

speedbump
09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
I like Smithville.

Someone I know got stung by a red wasp at Wimberley. They really need to do something about that...:)

They don't have Red Wasps in Wimberley, they have Polistes carolina.

Blue42
09-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Where under construction the moose out front should have told yeha.
From one of the best movies of all time.

speedbump
09-06-2016, 05:01 PM
And that was brought to you by Blue42 at 342.

ccmom
09-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Where under construction the moose out front should have told yeha.
From one of the best movies of all time.

:clap: :clap:

toddg
09-06-2016, 06:42 PM
And that was brought to you by Blue42 at 342. blue42..blue42..seet, hut, huthut!!

bobcat1
09-06-2016, 07:34 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/ef9a3d475aac442a580ff988ef4a1355_zpslflyoq7i.jpg

Blue42
09-08-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry it's this metal plate in my head every time the wife kicks on the microwave I P my pants and forget who I am for 30 minutes.

bd62
09-08-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry it's this metal plate in my head every time the wife kicks on the microwave I P my pants and forget who I am for 30 minutes.

You crack me up Neal. Glad we got off original topic and have some humor On Down Low. Good Luck to Gobblers Friday and hope yaw stay injury free this yr after last yr early season rash of injuries.

Blue42
09-08-2016, 04:45 PM
You bet Bob and I hope the Dogs win every game they play until their 2nd game next year .

44INAROW
09-08-2016, 05:03 PM
You bet Bob and I hope the Dogs win every game they play until their 2nd game next year .

I totally agree...........
Blue - how about that cake last night?? Mr44 had me fooled - he told me Mr. Haas baked it lol.............. either way - Mr Butt or Mr Hass - it was delish..... those pork steaks were mighty tasty too.... any idea who made the sauce? reminded me of City Market in Luling....

Blue42
09-09-2016, 08:59 AM
It was all good your right the Sauce was like City Market also the potato salad was best I have had, hats off to all who cooked.