PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to former Gilmer Coach Jeff Traylor

Celina8
09-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I know Gilbert is getting alot of credit as the OC for Texas upbeat offense and their victory last night but I am hearing that it was Jeff Traylor who implemented the Offense to play fast and worked with them to snap the ball as soon as they were allowed. I think his future in the College ranks has a much bigger story ahead !

buckeyebob
09-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Experimented on the Buckeyes...it's what we do...and with a Freshman QB...how many years has it been?

hollywood
09-05-2016, 10:41 PM
I know Gilbert is getting alot of credit as the OC for Texas upbeat offense and their victory last night but I am hearing that it was Jeff Traylor who implemented the Offense to play fast and worked with them to snap the ball as soon as they were allowed. I think his future in the College ranks has a much bigger story ahead !

Many coaches around the country have adopted this style of offense. Where do you think Sterlin was educated on the high octane up tempo offensive style? Traylor? Lol..no. It was Briles... Briles was his mentor in the mid 2000's at UH.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/9/5/12798272/texas-notre-dame-sterlin-gilbert-charlie-strong?client=safari

Rabid Cougar
09-06-2016, 11:55 AM
I never heard Taylor's named mentioned once. It was all about Sterling and the Oline coach. And yea ...... they are Briles' boys.

Celina8
09-06-2016, 01:08 PM
I never heard Taylor's named mentioned once. It was all about Sterling and the Oline coach. And yea ...... they are Briles' boys.

My understanding is that Gilbert is credited for bring and implementing the new offense but Traylor played a major role in teaching the offense to play fast and getting ready to run the next play as soon as the Refs would allow and I think it was a huge benefit to the Longhorns in this game. Correct me if I am wrong Gilmer fans but this fast paced is something that he did in Gilmer or am I incorrect?

speedbump
09-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Only her hair dresser knows for sure.

waterboy
09-06-2016, 02:30 PM
My understanding is that Gilbert is credited for bring and implementing the new offense but Traylor played a major role in teaching the offense to play fast and getting ready to run the next play as soon as the Refs would allow and I think it was a huge benefit to the Longhorns in this game. Correct me if I am wrong Gilmer fans but this fast paced is something that he did in Gilmer or am I incorrect?

Yes. The fast paced offense is something he brought to Gilmer. This can wear defenses down if they can execute it and move the chains with regularity. I'm not sure Traylor deserves the credit for it in this case, though. Maybe Gilbert and Traylor discussed it and implemented? Nobody knows for sure, but it does work on most teams.

hollywood
09-06-2016, 09:24 PM

I'm sure Traylor is a huge fan and supporter of Sterlin's offensive scheme. It's that style of offense Traylor is accustomed to having run a similar style at Gilmer. Sterlin has been utilizing it since 2005 after mentoring under Briles who was one of the first to bring it to the high school level in the late 80's.

Brings to mind... I wonder how many coaches have been influenced and/or adopted this style of offense from Briles?

waterboy
09-07-2016, 08:43 AM
I can remember vividly when Jeff came to Gilmer in 2000. The spread offense was a new thing, and I had never seen it at the high school level. It just didn't look right for an old school guy like me. After a couple of years, though, and lots of practice, it became obvious that it would definitely work. I think bringing Matt Turner on as offensive coordinator helped turned the offense into a machine when operated correctly with the right people in the right places.

hollywood
09-07-2016, 10:40 PM
https://youtu.be/PoGJPjlD1to