PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs Celina who do you pick.

Celina8
09-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Pretty sure this poll will be very lopsided as Argyle will be a huge favorite as they should be since they are playing at home plus they are the Number 1 team which they have earned that ranking. After seeing Celina play for the first time last week I would have to say we would need to show vast improvements on defense plus a much improved passing game to pull the upset. I think our offense will keep us in the game but Argyle has just to many weapons plus a much better defense than any team we have played so I see my Bobcats coming home with a 1-2 record after this coming Friday but hopefully they keep improving and stay injury free.

Wayne
09-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Going with Argyle because I'm a homer. I will say this, I am very impressed with Argyles defense. They held a very explosive La Grange to only 8 points. If Argyle starts the freshman at QB it could very well be a blowout.

d0tc0m
09-06-2016, 08:00 AM
Not much hype coming into this game this season, for some reason, and I guess that's understandable. I think most people in Celina are quiet, because we're still waiting to see the identity of this team emerge. One thing that is clear is Bobcats' RB John Franklin is for real. He will likely be the fastest player on the field each time he suits up this season. The kid is an absolute burner, and without him, the Bobcats would be 0-2 right now. He has carried the load, and may have to continue to carry the load for a bit. The offensive line, I heard, made some improvements in the win over Liberty Christian. If that line gets in sync, look out. They are big, strong and can move some earth for Franklin, and he's so quick, he doesn't need much space to hit that second level.

The questions for me surrounding this Celina team are:

1) The defense. There's talent on that side of the ball, but it's young and maybe a bit undersized. But Celina had that Liberty Christian game put away at halftime, and was a stop or two away in the third from making it a blowout. Instead, the defense couldn't do anything, and the Warriors made it a nail biter. The staff will have to figure out if they have the right personnel in the right places, and those kids are going to have to step up and perform. Simple as that. The good news - I believe - is Celina will get its starting MLB back, who went down with a minor injury in the first series against Princeton and sat out against Liberty Christian. But, for me, I'd like to see the defensive line make some big leaps this week. If they can't, Argyle's offense could have a field day against the Celina secondary.

2) My next question is the passing game. Last season, the Bobcats could just absolutely light it up with four really, really good receivers. All had good speed. All ran incredible routes. All had good hands. All blocked downfield extremely well. Pingleton almost always had an option on every single snap when he dropped back to pass last season. So far, that element just hasn't been there for the Bobcats. The receivers aren't getting open. They're not running great routes. They don't have terrific speed. They've had some bad drops. And it's clear that Pingleton just hasn't developed that confidence with his receivers yet, and vise versa. There's timing issues, chemistry issues and the like. That's all fixable over time. But in the temporary, it means the passing game is lacking. The coaching staff is going to have to find a way to get more people involved in the passing game. The weak passing game has put added stress on the running game. The good news is, again, Franklin has been able to carry the load. He's fast and athletic enough, that you have to account for him on every snap. You'd hope, given enough time, that would open up some passing lanes. That remains to be seen, though.

3) And finally, discipline. The Bobcats have nearly 20 penalties for nearly 200 yards in the first two games. That was for sure the difference maker in the loss to Princeton, and had a lot to do with why the win over Liberty Christian was so close. You can't play good teams, especially Argyle, and expect to even stay within 2-3 scores if you're going to have 9-10 penalties. The Bobcats are going to have to play more disciplined and focused and clean up those bonehead mistakes if they want to have a chance this Friday.

The good news is, it's only Tuesday - which is the team's best workday each week - so there's still time to make some adjustments, improvements and put in the prep work for what will be a dogfight on Friday.

d0tc0m
09-06-2016, 08:00 AM
On a side note, for you Argylians, is Ledford expected back this week or not?

Wayne
09-06-2016, 09:22 AM
I don't think so. He had a cast on his throwing arm Friday. I've heard he won't be back until First week of Oct. Not sure how accurate that is, but if I was a betting man he won't be back until the start of district.

d0tc0m
09-06-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't think so. He had a cast on his throwing arm Friday. I've heard he won't be back until First week of Oct. Not sure how accurate that is, but if I was a betting man he won't be back until the start of district.

Well, that's too bad. But it likely changes the complexities of this game a bit, I suppose. I haven't watched any film on Argyle yet, so I'm not sure how the backups have done, but they must be alright, because the Eagles are 2-0. I know Argyle's offensive line has been dominant, and that new RB seems to be doing pretty well, too. The key for Celina will be containing Williams, not letting him get outside and into the second level, and also getting pressure on whatever young QB is under center for the Eagles.

I THINK Celina's offense, specifically Franklin and Pingleton, will have some success running the ball. If the passing game finds a few new wrinkles, I think the Bobcats definitely have a puncher's chance in this matchup.

toddg
09-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Not much hype coming into this game this season, for some reason, and I guess that's understandable. I think most people in Celina are quiet, because we're still waiting to see the identity of this team emerge. One thing that is clear is Bobcats' RB John Franklin is for real. He will likely be the fastest player on the field each time he suits up this season. The kid is an absolute burner, and without him, the Bobcats would be 0-2 right now. He has carried the load, and may have to continue to carry the load for a bit. The offensive line, I heard, made some improvements in the win over Liberty Christian. If that line gets in sync, look out. They are big, strong and can move some earth for Franklin, and he's so quick, he doesn't need much space to hit that second level.

The questions for me surrounding this Celina team are:

1) The defense. There's talent on that side of the ball, but it's young and maybe a bit undersized. But Celina had that Liberty Christian game put away at halftime, and was a stop or two away in the third from making it a blowout. Instead, the defense couldn't do anything, and the Warriors made it a nail biter. The staff will have to figure out if they have the right personnel in the right places, and those kids are going to have to step up and perform. Simple as that. The good news - I believe - is Celina will get its starting MLB back, who went down with a minor injury in the first series against Princeton and sat out against Liberty Christian. But, for me, I'd like to see the defensive line make some big leaps this week. If they can't, Argyle's offense could have a field day against the Celina secondary.

2) My next question is the passing game. Last season, the Bobcats could just absolutely light it up with four really, really good receivers. All had good speed. All ran incredible routes. All had good hands. All blocked downfield extremely well. Pingleton almost always had an option on every single snap when he dropped back to pass last season. So far, that element just hasn't been there for the Bobcats. The receivers aren't getting open. They're not running great routes. They don't have terrific speed. They've had some bad drops. And it's clear that Pingleton just hasn't developed that confidence with his receivers yet, and vise versa. There's timing issues, chemistry issues and the like. That's all fixable over time. But in the temporary, it means the passing game is lacking. The coaching staff is going to have to find a way to get more people involved in the passing game. The weak passing game has put added stress on the running game. The good news is, again, Franklin has been able to carry the load. He's fast and athletic enough, that you have to account for him on every snap. You'd hope, given enough time, that would open up some passing lanes. That remains to be seen, though.

3) And finally, discipline. The Bobcats have nearly 20 penalties for nearly 200 yards in the first two games. That was for sure the difference maker in the loss to Princeton, and had a lot to do with why the win over Liberty Christian was so close. You can't play good teams, especially Argyle, and expect to even stay within 2-3 scores if you're going to have 9-10 penalties. The Bobcats are going to have to play more disciplined and focused and clean up those bonehead mistakes if they want to have a chance this Friday.

The good news is, it's only Tuesday - which is the team's best workday each week - so there's still time to make some adjustments, improvements and put in the prep work for what will be a dogfight on Friday.

go to the I formation, easy to pass out of, enhances runners ability, eats clock. problem solved.:2thumbsup

d0tc0m
09-06-2016, 10:56 AM
go to the I formation, easy to pass out of, enhances runners ability, eats clock. problem solved.:2thumbsup

Celina will run out of the I some, but not much. They'll more often line up in a full house backfield, or a pistol look. It wouldn't matter the formation, to be honest. It just comes down to these receivers learning their roles and having an understanding of how to get open in space, how to simply create space and how to just run better routes. Also need to be able to pull balls down in traffic. The receivers are all really young, so I think they will definitely improve as the season progresses. Gotta grow up quickly when you're playing Argyle, though.

regaleagle
09-07-2016, 06:45 AM
I guess nobody remembered to mention that it was Celina last season that gave Argyle their only loss of the season.....until the State Final. I'm certain this game is much bigger for both sides than other fans realize. Celina is a rivalry game for Argyle and has been for many years.....regardless of the outcome. And with last season's loss, I'm sure the Argyle coaching staff will have the Eagles full attention in practice week. I tend to agree with d0tc0m that Celina has the pieces this season to be a very good team, and should be very competitive in this game. The Eagles are also playing lots of young talent this season, and they haven't exactly lit up the scoreboard on offense so far this season. Both teams are still a work in progress with each week that goes by, and both teams have the makings to be very good by playoff time. Pingleton is a very good qb and cannot be left unmentioned.....he's a proven commodity. And now we are hearing about this burner back named Franklin.....makes you wonder. Celina has some beef on their Oline also. IMHO.....this should be a very competitive and fun game to watch. Don't know about the qb Argyle will start.....but appears they have plenty of capable guys to fill that role for the Eagles with that big Oline upfront. And with the emergence of Don Williams as a threat on any play......that gives the Argyle QB a little more time and space to operate. I see a very close game here with some big plays on offense from each team. But you just never know what will happen when these two teams meet.....that's what makes it a rivalry game......anything could happen.

regaleagle
09-07-2016, 07:13 AM
You must also remember that Argyle was ranked so high with Ledford leading the offense on this team......not some underclassman QB. The Argyle coaching staff has done a great job for 6 quarters in the early season so far reworking some of the offensive attack to keep this team moving in a positive direction. But make no mistake about it......the loss of Ledford is a big loss, and will naturally cause problems for the Argyle offense.....which also affects how many minutes the defense stays on the field and how they perform. Overall, it will probably help to make this team work harder earlier and become more seasoned faster.....especially for the young players. And it never hurts to develop depth at your QB position with young talent.....especially early in the season. But I'm not convinced that Argyle is hitting on all cylinders yet and should be a "heavy" favorite as things stand now. I'm very interested in seeing what develops this week against what I think is a very dangerous Celina Bobcats team. I see them coming into this game ready for the Eagles......they have enough pieces to win this game.

Aesculus gilmus
09-07-2016, 07:51 AM
Sandbagging at its finest from the regal one. Argyle by six touchdowns. I don't think the Eagles have forgotten what happened last season. "Let's eat," as Ian Sadler used to tweet before Gilmer games.

regaleagle
09-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Sandbagging at its finest from the regal one. Argyle by six touchdowns. I don't think the Eagles have forgotten what happened last season. "Let's eat," as Ian Sadler used to tweet before Gilmer games.

Just being real......especially against a team with the personnel and pedigree of the Celina Bobcats. Both teams take this game VERY seriously each year......nothing to sneeze at. Whatever happens, you can bet your boots the stadium will be packed on both sides and the fans attending will be ready for the rumble. Argyle does have tons of respect for the Celina Bobcats.......so that makes this game more special than most each season. Both schools love beating the other in all sports, haha.

d0tc0m
09-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Just being real......especially against a team with the personnel and pedigree of the Celina Bobcats. Both teams take this game VERY seriously each year......nothing to sneeze at. Whatever happens, you can bet your boots the stadium will be packed on both sides and the fans attending will be ready for the rumble. Argyle does have tons of respect for the Celina Bobcats.......so that makes this game more special than most each season. Both schools love beating the other in all sports, haha.

Celina feels the same towards Argyle.

I don't think Regal is sandbagging. I think this just feels like a weird year so far, and it's just hard to get a good feel for how this game is going to go. I think he's right about one thing though, both of these teams are going to score on big offensive plays on multiple occasions during this game.

I hope the Bobcats win. I think they can win. But we'll have to wait until Friday night to see if Celina has aired some of its laundry this week and gotten the stains out.

d0tc0m
09-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Just saw that Friday's game will start at 7 p.m. and not 7:30 p.m.

A heads up for all of you planning on attending.

Aguilafanatico
09-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Just saw that Friday's game will start at 7 p.m. and not 7:30 p.m.

A heads up for all of you planning on attending.

Will be the first game I will have attended this season. Ready already

d0tc0m
09-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Game time officially moved back to the original 7:30 p.m. kickoff slot.

regaleagle
09-07-2016, 11:22 PM
I think this game will be close......a hard-fought battle of wills on the field to see which team wants it most. There are young players on both sides wanting to become established in their roles for the rest of the year. Both teams have excellent coaching staffs, and both teams have an abundance of talent. That's why it will be a test of wills on the playing field to see which team has the chemistry to prevail. This will be a rockem sockem Texas high school football game you cannot get elsewhere in the country......end of story. It happens every week all over the great state of Texas, and this week it will happen again in Eagles Stadium with two storied programs that are rivals in this wonderful sport. Good luck to both teams on Friday night......But BE the BEST YOU CAN BE EAGLES!!!! If you do this, you are winners. :wave:

Celina8
09-08-2016, 04:32 AM
I think Argyle wins by a much bigger margin than most expect. Argyle has the best offense and defense that Celina will play during the regular season and with the Bobcats struggling with a weak passing game Argyle will focus on shutting down our ground attack. I would love to be wrong but as DotCom stated earlier we are still trying to figure out several things about this Bobcat team.

PurplePop
09-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Both Argyle and Celina aren't playing on offense up to usual standards right now, but Celina isn't missing their starting QB and a large chunk of their offense like Argyle is. I'm looking for Celina to start putting the passing game together and win a squeaker 24-21.

bobcat1
09-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Looks like most think Celina should save their gas money. I'll take the Bobcats.

Eagle Nation
09-08-2016, 06:40 PM
I think this game will be closer than most think. It will come down to the 4th quarter. I'll still take Argyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne
09-08-2016, 07:35 PM
This is the only time of the year I want to see Celina get beat.... I have the upmost respect for Celina and pull for them all year long and throughout the playoffs. Just not this week. Good luck to both teams, and I pray for a injury free game. No matter who wins or loses, these two programs have so much respect for each other.

d0tc0m
09-08-2016, 09:15 PM
This is the only time of the year I want to see Celina get beat.... I have the upmost respect for Celina and pull for them all year long and throughout the playoffs. Just not this week. Good luck to both teams, and I pray for a injury free game. No matter who wins or loses, these two programs have so much respect for each other.

Celina feels the same about Argyle. Two class programs make for a healthy rivalry.

briandumith*
09-08-2016, 10:16 PM
This is definitely one of the best new rivalries in the state. I'll look for Argyle to avenge last year's results but I still think it's going to be a close game and a good defensively fought game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
09-08-2016, 10:36 PM
I've gone back and forth on this one all week. I think right now, Argyle is a little further along as a team, even with Ledford out. I think they've played the better schedule, too. My instant reaction to this game is to pick the Eagles, no question. But then after watching a bit of film, I have mixed feelings. I think Celina will have a chance to score some points on big plays, offensively, and I think the defense, possibly, has figured a thing or two out. The Bobcats kept pressure on the Liberty Christian QB last week, but the kid just managed to stay in the pocket and make plays. He's a decent signal caller. You'd like to think that if you can get/maintain pressure on the young Argyle QB, you can force him into a mistake or two, or, at the least, cause the offense to become a bit more run-oriented the rest of the way out.

One thing that I think could be the difference maker is a quick start by the Bobcats. If Celina can score on its opening possession/get a dominant defensive stand on Argyle's first possession, it could give some much needed confidence to a young Bobcats squad that's still searching for that confidence.

The other thing I'll be watching is Celina's offensive line. If they can dominate the trenches and get a good push up front, John Franklin and Conner Pingleton could get some big yards on the ground, and hopefully that will open up some throwing lanes.

In my mind, one of two things are possible: 1) This game is close and comes down to the wire, or 2) Argyle wins it going away. I hope it's the former, and I hope it's the Bobcats coming out on top. It'd be a big signature win for a team still looking for its identity. And it was the win over Argyle last season, I believe, that propelled the Bobcats back to the elite level the program grew accustomed to last decade.

Pudlugger
09-09-2016, 11:34 AM
I have to go with the Eagles on this one. Their defense should keep them in striking distance and all they will need is a couple of big plays from their athletic running back and qb and one good sustained drive to get the win. Argyle by 14 or 21-7. :)

lostaussie
09-09-2016, 06:59 PM
How y'all doing over there? It's freaking hot on the south side of town!!!! :D

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:13 PM
How y'all doing over there? It's freaking hot on the south side of town!!!! :D

You mean 4 blocks down the street??? Hahaha, that's really funny if you've been to Argyle and know how close these two stadiums really are.:wave:

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:15 PM
For all the viewers that don't know........Celina is playing in Argyle tonite and so is Gilmer.......4 blocks away. Gilmer is visiting Argyle Liberty Christian.

It's one of those rare occasions when you can watch some top teams playing 5 minutes away from each other. If one game is a blowout by the 3rd, you can check to see how the other game is going.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:30 PM
QB for Celina Connor Pingleton threw for 3400 yds last year. QB for Argyle tonite is soph. Haden Clearman replacing Tulsa commit Dane Ledford who has an injured right wrist from the 2nd quarter of the first game of the season against Lovejoy. Argyle wins the toss and defers to the 2nd half. Eagle band playing national anthem now. Argyle will kick to Celina.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Argyle is in all black and Celina is in all white tonite. Sadler will do the kicking. Argyle will play defense first here tonite. Not the biggest defense for Argyle this season, but a very quick and good defense. Celina's OLine is bigger. Here's the kick. Norman takes it and reverses it to Rodriguez but Dixon gets him at the 10.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:36 PM
ON the first down, Pingleton gives it to Franklin and he is brought down for no gain. 2nd and 10 is a pass to Franklin for 10 yds at the 20. Now another handoff to Franklin for no gain. Celina's Oline averages 295 across the line.....they are huge. 3rd and 10 after that incompletion from the 20. Handoff to Franklin gains only one yard and now Celina will be forced to punt.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Punt into the wind goes out of bounds at midfield. 1st and 10 goes to Don Williams of Argyle for 6 yds to the Celina 44.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Clearman finds Chase Estrada for completion and he takes it down to the 5 yd line on that quick screen.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Clearman hands it off to Williams down to the one yd line. 2nd and goal for the Eagles. Williams runs it to the right and gets into the end zone. TD Argyle. Kick is good by Dane Ledford with a cast on his hand.

Argyle 7
Celina 0

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Sadler's kick with the wind goes into the end zone for a touchback. Celina comes out in the wishbone and its bobbled but Pingleton picks up 3 yds. Now Franklin runs into a black wall at the 28 yd line. 3rd and 7 as Pingleton is pressured and eats it at the 26. Celina will punt into the wind again. It hits at the 46 and rolls to the Argyle 42 for excellent field position.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Clearman tucks it and runs for a firstdown at the Celina 48. Motion up front on Argyle now. 1st and 15.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Now Argyle back at their own 47 as Clearman finds Estrada at the Celina 28 for 26 yds and another first down. Clearman had all day.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Celina blitzes and stops that run for no gain. 2nd and movement. Offsides Celina. 2nd and 5 now for Argyle at the Celina 23. Now the same thing happens as Celina jumps around on defense and flags fly.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Offsides on Celina again for a firstdown at the 18 now on consecutive defensive offsides. Playclock going down as Argyle takes a timeout just in time. First quarter here still.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Now Clearman fires a strike right into the hands of Estrada who was blanketed by Rodriguez, but it is another TD for Argyle. Ledford's kick is good.

Argyle 14
Celina 0

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Sadler kickoff with the wind is deep 9 yds into the endzone for a touchback. Celina again starts at the 25 against the wind.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Pingleton keeps it up the middle and gets nothing.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Pingleton completion for 3 yds......3rd and almost 8 yds. Pingleton pressured and sacked by two Argyle defenders for a loss on that dropback. Punt is linedrive to Dylan Sadler as he fields it and is down short of midfield at the Celina 49.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Now another great throw and catch to Scott Hayes for another Argyle TD. Ledford's kick is blocked.

Argyle 20
Celina 0

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Sadler's 4th kickoff in this first quarter with the wind goes for another touchback. Celina starts at the 25 for the third time.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Pingleton fakes a pitch and keeps it for 2 yds.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Pingleton keeps it again for 3 more yds.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Pingleton rolls out, is hit, loses the ball, and rolls down on it. 4 secs left in the first quarter and Argyle quickly calls a timeout to force this punt by Celina into the wind.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Franklin at his own 8 yd line. Sadler takes it on the 40 and takes it down at the Bobcat 33 on the last play of the quarter. They will switch ends now.

Argyle 20
Celina 0

End of 1st

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Now Argyle will be working their way into the wind with a short field. High snap but Clearman catches it on the hop and takes off for a 3 yd gain.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Pruitt at qb now for Argyle and is sacked for 4 yds. 3rd and 11 for the EAgles. Pruitt in the pocket and he just overthrows Carter. 4th down into the wind on the blowing South wind. In no man's land for Argyle and they hand it to Williams for a couple of yds. Celina will take over on downs.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Clearman is getting his ankle taped. Jet sweep on the left side by Ortiz for 5 yds for Celina.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:07 PM
2nd and 5 for Celina. Run to the right is wrecked by the Argyle defense for no gain.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:08 PM
3rd and 8 now. Pingleton throws complete to Rebus to the Celina 44 for a first down.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Fumbled snap and a pileup......a new qb was in there for Celina that time, but he fell on it.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Here's Franklin with a hole down to the Argyle 43 yd line......lots of speed real quick for 12 yds.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Now Franklin is brought down by Petterer for a yard loss. 2nd and 11. Petterer again at the legs to bring down Franklin. 3rd and 7 from the Argyle 40. Ortiz is short on that run and it's 4th and 1.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:11 PM
4th and 2 and Celina calls a timeout.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:13 PM
At the Argyle 35.....too far for a field goal and Celina goes for it. Here's Franklin and he's hit at the line. He will be short one yard. Argyle takes over.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Clearman back in at the Argyle 34 yd line as it goes to Williams for no gain on that counter play never developed.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Incomplete to tight end Casey Harper as it is knocked away by the safety for Celina.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Completion to Chase Estrada right at the marker for an Eagle first down at the 44.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Clearman under center throws deep left side to Chase Estrada for a spectacular catch for 15 yds.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:18 PM
At the Celina 40, Clearman rolls and does not get anything. 2nd and 10 now.....Clearman gets rid of the ball as he is pressured and it is called grounding.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:19 PM
Loss of down on the penalty.....so it is 3rd and 27 now. The throw is deep, but the receiver falls and a flag is thrown. The call is defensive holding. Automatic firstdown.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Clearman throws it deep down the left sideline to Casey Harper for a 34 reception against the wind down to the Celina 10. 1st and goal Argyle.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Williams gets loose on the right side for 5 yds. 2nd and goal. Williams running behind the big black wall of Argyle and scores. Ledford's kick is good.

Argyle 27
Celina 0

1:57 left in 2nd

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Argyle dominating so far on both sides of the ball with very little offense allowed by the Eagle defense.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:23 PM
This kickoff will be against the wind by Sadler as a fair catch is made at the Celina 27 yd line with 1:53 left. Pingleton stays on the sideline as Martin is under center now. Franklin takes it to the 34 yd line for 6 yds.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Martin keeps it to the 38 for a firstdown.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Major Martin will be in the shotgun with 3 recievers split out, but only 10 players on the field for Celina. 48 secs left with the wind behind them.

Celina8
09-09-2016, 08:26 PM
This game is pretty much over and I was afraid this was going to be the case. Looks like this one may be a big blow out!

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Looks like Celina airs it out down the right sideline and completes it to Wyatt Williamson at the Argyle 30. Now its overthrown on that attempt and the clock stops. 2nd and 10 goes for 9 yds to Williamson. And Eagle down and Williamson slow to get up. Brent Lundy is down also. It's Franklin that made the catch and he is slow to get up;.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Official timeout for these injuries. Now Celina runs it and the ball comes out inside the 5 yd line. Now down to the 3 yd line and they call timeout quickly with 8 secs left.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Will they throw it or run it? They are out of timeouts.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Here we go.....Martin rolls right incomplete and almost picked off by Sadler. Now 4 secs left as Martin drops back and throws into the endzone. Dixon breaks it up and Argyle defense holds as the half is ended.

Argyle 27
Celina 0

Halftime

The Lone Star Cup is being presented now with Head Coach Todd Rodgers for the 5th straight year.:clap:

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Argyle will be receiving the kick here to start the 2nd half. I think they will be moving with the wind here to start the 3rd quarter.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:44 PM
There is a strong south wind blowing in Eagles stadium tonite, and it has allowed the Argyle defense to hold the Celina attack 4 times in the 1st quarter. Argyle had great field position almost the entire first half.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 08:51 PM
First home game for the Eagles this year tonite in Eagles Stadium, and the stadium was packed to start this game.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Here comes the kickoff......Celina will be kicking with the wind as Argyle will be against the wind here with the wind blowing harder now. Short kick to the 10 yd line as Dillon Carter takes it back to the Argyle 37 for a good runback.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Clearman looking to throw it and keeps it down to the 43 for a gain of 7. To Williams on a shovel pass for maybe a yard.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Actually 3rd and 5 now for Argyle as the blitz comes and sacks Clearman for a big loss. Dillon Carter is punting into the wind and a beauty over the head of Ortiz for a punt of 60 yds down to the 5 yd line......into the wind!! That was a rugby style punt, folks.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Celina out of the power set runs it to Ortiz for only one yard. 2nd and 9 with double tight end set as Martin hands off to Franklin for no gain.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Now here comes a pass as Martin is sacked in the endzone for a safety. Major Martin never had a chance as Caden Roberts blew in there unblocked. Now Celina will have to do a free kick.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Celina will tee it up with the wind behind him at the 20 yd line. Deep kick to Carter at the 20 and he runs it back to the Argyle 30.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Clearman behind center to start this series at the 30 hands it off to Williams up the middle to the 37. Flag down here.....a personal foul against Celina. That moves the ball to the Celina 48 now.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Jet sweep to Casey Harper.....tight end around as he runs over a Bobcat after he hurdles another one and takes it all the way 48 yds for the TD. Ledford's kick is good.

Argyle 36
Celina 0

7:32 3rd qtr

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Sadler's kick high into the air for a Celina fair catch on the kickoff. Celina first down at their own 31. Direct snap to Franklin as he takes it down to the Argyle 47 yd line.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Dillon Carter down with a cramp now. Very humid tonite......he's a dynamic sophomore for Argyle, as is Clearman. 1st Celina at the Argyle 47 down to the Argyle 40 now on another direct snap to Franklin. Now Franklin takes it on a handoff to the Argyle 25 yd line.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Sorry Folks, I lost my signal. But Martin hits Franklin for a 32 yd scoring catch and run for a Celina TD. The kick was good.

Argyle 36
Celina 7

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Then Celina got back the ball and Dillon Carter intercepted it and returned it back to the Celina 43. Now Williams down to the Celina 20 on a great run.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:26 PM
A couple of plays down with cramps on the field now.....about 90 degrees on the field and humid.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Under heavy pressure Clearman pumps and is hit right at the sideline as he keeps it and takes the hit.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:29 PM
First carry of the season for Brian Massey down to the 20 as Dylan Sadler is in for the field goal against the wind. He has the distance from 37 yds, but it goes wide right just enough. Celina will take over at the 20.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:29 PM
End of 3rd qtr.

Argyle 36
Celina 7

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Now Celina will be working into this hard wind at their own 21 to start the 4th qtr. Screen pass is wrecked at the 19 yd line as Franklin is wrapped up for no gain. 3rd and 11 now for the Bobcats.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Now here is Dillon Carter with another interception as he returns it down to the 25 yd line. He read that one all the way and made his 2nd pick of the night.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:34 PM
New qb in for the Eagles as junior Braden Pruitt hands it off to senior Brandon Massey for 2 yds. Now Massey lowers his shoulders and takes it down to the 8 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Pruett keeps it for no gain on that one with some new offensive linemen in now for Argyle. 2nd and goal from the 9. Massey bounces and loses yardage back to the 16.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Argyle playing the backups now on offense.....giving playing time to other players early in the season here.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Early in the 4th quarter......3rd and goal from the 15 as Pruett makes a deep throw across field for a great catch and another TD for Argyle over the shoulder. Kick is up and through by Travis Garner, a left footer for Argyle.

Argyle 43
Celina 7

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Argyle kicking with the wind now.......Sadler's kick is deep and it is taken out to only the 12 yd line. Bad decision and poor field position again for Celina.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Franklins gains out to the 17 yd line on first down for Celina.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Barring a miracle.....this game will be an Argyle win and dominated by the EAgles on both sides of the ball. Now Ortiz runs it to the 32 as the backups are in on defense for Argyle. Martin runs that one as Dunham makes the tackle after a 4 yd gain.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Martin from the shotgun and hands off to Franklin for one yard. 3rd and 5 from the Celina 40. Pass is complete for a first down, but a flag is down. Against Celina will wipe off the first down.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Martin on the screen to Franklin on the sideline and he is in the open field as nobody will catch him for a long TD pass and run. The backup defense really never read that screen and he had only a couple of defenders over there, but Franklin made a couple of moves and was off to the races. The kick is good.

Argyle 43
Celina 14

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:46 PM
5:35 left and the short kick to the 18 yd line as Cale Nanny weaves his way to the 32.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Argyle will go to 3-0 and visit Abilene Wylie next week as the run goes out to the 35 on first down.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Now a misdirection to Massey as he carries it out to the 47 for a firstdown, but flags will bring it back on an offensive facemask penalty.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Omar Borreo and a big hole as he is hit way, way out of bounds on that late hit and tempers are flaring. Knocked over Dr. Cantrell of Argyle. 15 yds against Celina on that one......totally uncalled for and some frustration showing by the Bobcat.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:50 PM
Pelton at qb now on that keeper. Trying to burn some clock now. 3rd and 5 coming up.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Handoff to Borreo around the 33 after a gain of 2.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:52 PM
4th down and Pelton is sacked on heavy pressure by the Bobcats on that jailbreak pass rush.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Celina football with a couple of minutes left at the Celina 45. Good penetration by the EAgles backups for a loss of 2 yds.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Good penetration again by the Eagles on that play to make it 3rd and 11 from the 44. Now Martin throws for a completion to Williamson but is 3 yds short.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Now it's 4th down and the Eagles make the stop on that run as he is short. 3rd time tonite the Eagles have made a stop on 4th and short against Celina tonite.

regaleagle
09-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Argyle running the ball here, and now they will run down the clock as the game is over. Argyle dominates this one and goes 3-0 as Celina is now 1-2. Celina seems to have come out kind of flat as Argyle never gave them anything all night long.

Argyle 43
Celina 14

Final

bobcat1
09-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Tip of the cap to Argyle. Heck of a squad this year. Could be undefeated this year.

Pudlugger
09-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Great win for the Eagles. Looks like Argyle will be the team to beat this year in D1. Look out La Vega and China Spring:eek::stirpot:

Celina8
09-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Congratulations Argyle for a dominating win and an outstanding job by your young QB who is just a sophmore. I will be pulling for the Eagles to bring home another State Trophy for 2016. As for the Bobcats, this will be a playoff team but a deep run is not likely. District is not a given either as Melissa will pose a challange for the Bobcats as they appear to be closely matched in performance right now.