PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia @ La Grange

Pudlugger
09-04-2016, 08:13 AM
La Vernia (0-2) travels to La Grange (0-1) for the Leopards first home game. The Leps lost a very tight defensive match last Friday to number 1 Argyle while they lost J.K. Dobbins the week before in a game with Liberty Hill cancelled midway through the first quarter due to lightning. It is fair to say the Leps will come into this game with an attitude due to two weeks of frustration and disappointment. The Bears will be looking for the opportunity to get into the win column, not only this season after losses to highly ranked Navarro and Liberty Hill, but in their all time series with LG (being 0-4 beginning with their loss to eventual State Champion LG 28-27 in round 2 of the playoffs in 2000). This La Grange team has proven that they can perform well in the face of adversity. Leopards by 21.

WOS87
09-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Sure hope we can see each other again later this Fall with everyone healthy! Good luck!

bag-o-chips
09-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Ummmm they lost to Wimberley. La Vernia did not want to renew the series with Navarro this year. I would be highly surprised if La Vernia even mustered a FG against you guys. No offense to speak of at all at La Vernia this year and the defense seems suspect!

Pudlugger
09-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Ummmm they lost to Wimberley. La Vernia did not want to renew the series with Navarro this year. I would be highly surprised if La Vernia even mustered a FG against you guys. No offense to speak of at all at La Vernia this year and the defense seems suspect!

Yes you are correct Giddings lost to Navarro week one and LV lost to Wimberley that week. My apologies, not enough coffee this morning before posting. :)

solocam
09-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Leopards by 30

Gontex
09-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Sure hope we can see each other again later this Fall with everyone healthy! Good luck!
Won't happen. LV is division I.

speedbump
09-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Won't happen. LV is division I.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about LG not LV.

Pudlugger
09-06-2016, 06:42 PM
La Grange's defense is very salty this year. It is a good thing 'cause the offense is still struggling to gel around the new normal with J.K. out for the next several weeks. I think they will roll Friday and get some confidence and momentum going into the next big challenge with Navarro on the 15th. I'm not looking ahead so much as just analysing the team's trajectory with the steep learning curve facing them. La Vernia likes to run and that is going to be tough against the Leopard defense. If the offense can limit the needless illegal procedure penalties and fumbles they should rack up some decent points against the Bears. LV has never beaten the Leps in 4 tries and this Friday they will be facing a very fired up opponent frustrated the past two weeks.

Pudlugger
09-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Game day is here finally. After their opener canceled in mid 1st quarter with LH and losing a squeaker to Argyle the Leps enter their first home game 0-1. I suspect they will be fired up tonight for some Bear hunting. Go Leps!

Scoop27
09-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Any final score?

Pudlugger
09-09-2016, 10:22 PM
Any final score?

LG 16
LV 0
Leps D played a stellar game while Leps O struggled. They still haven't adjusted to no Dobbins. Next week they have Navarro who are playing lights out football. LG better come together soon or it will be a long (or should I say short) season. Penalties, another interception and fumble killed 3 drives and our WRs and Qb were out of sync all night. One bright note aside from great defense was number 24 Jericho Haardt who rushed for over 100 yards and 2 tds. It's a win anyway although not pretty.