PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 - Bellville (1-1) at Stafford (2-0)

Scoop27
09-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Brahmas and Spartans should be a good matchup

OLE'BULL
09-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Brahmas and Spartans should be a good matchup

The Brahmas will have their hands full. We just aren't playing great football yet.

Scoop27
09-05-2016, 08:09 PM
The Spartans may be better than they were last year

WOS1
09-05-2016, 10:22 PM
The Brahmas will have their hands full. We just aren't playing great football yet.

What's going on over there?

speedbump
09-05-2016, 11:10 PM
The Brahmas always seem to get tougher as the season moves along. They can make this one closer than most think it will be if they start that now,but I doubt it will be enough to win. Stafford in a close one.

Old QB
09-06-2016, 01:30 AM
The Brahmas always seem to get tougher as the season moves along. They can make this one closer than most think it will be if they start that now,but I doubt it will be enough to win. Stafford in a close one.

I heard that Stafford has a wide receiver who has committed to A&M. It's no secret here as I'm sure the coaches are aware of what Cameron did to us thru the air. Could be a long night for us if Stafford has a good passing attack. Hope Coach Rowe has improved our pass defense.

OLE'BULL
09-06-2016, 12:45 PM
What's going on over there?

We are still trying to find our rhythm, the Bulls never start out firing on all cylinders. To be honest it's starting to get old. Come district and playoff time we will be fine, but there is no excuse for the slow starts. Every team in the state starts practicing on the same day in August! That being said, our All State MLB was injured in week one vs Cameron and didn't suit up against Bay City. They said he could have played but didn't want to chance it. Our best player in the secondary was out both games and will probably sit against Stafford too. The problem there is the secondary is our biggest weakness. I think we need to find a sold RB3, our other two (Briscoe and Bryant) are solid and Briscoe is running tough. Stafford will be tough for us this week and I want to come away injury free. We aren't deep enough to have anyone sitting out. I usually get my updates today so I may be able to fill in more later!

Weebe
09-06-2016, 01:28 PM
I heard that Stafford has a wide receiver who has committed to A&M. It's no secret here as I'm sure the coaches are aware of what Cameron did to us thru the air. Could be a long night for us if Stafford has a good passing attack. Hope Coach Rowe has improved our pass defense.

I didn't think they really utilized Jones effectively last year. They ran the ball a lot against El Campo last year. And pass defense is always El Campo's weakness.

Scoop27
09-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Will this game be webcast?

Scoop27
09-09-2016, 12:01 PM
http://www.bellvillesports.com/

Saggy Aggie
09-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Still hard for me to understand how stafford went from as bad as they were to being as good as they are now

They shouldn't have much trouble with Bellville

Scoop27
09-09-2016, 10:22 PM
What was the final-I heard 42-0 in 4th qtr

OLE'BULL
09-09-2016, 10:23 PM
I'm sick of this $h%t. Bellville shouldn't lose to ANYBODY 42-0 during the regular season. I knew Stafford was loaded but 42-0 loaded? No way. Back to the drawing board ASAP. We have too many good to super good players to get embarrassed like that, I'm starting to question our coaching. Especially on the offensive side of the ball...

Pudlugger
09-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Maybe Stafford is just that much better than Bellville at this point in the season? Relax, at least you haven't lost your star player like LG did, and it is only pre-district. Bellville will get better they always do.

Old QB
09-10-2016, 01:49 AM
I didn't think they really utilized Jones effectively last year. They ran the ball a lot against El Campo last year. And pass defense is always El Campo's weakness.

Well, that question was answered on Stafford's second play of game.

Old QB
09-10-2016, 01:50 AM
That is, the question about if Bellville's pass defense was improved.

OLE'BULL
09-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Maybe Stafford is just that much better than Bellville at this point in the season? Relax, at least you haven't lost your star player like LG did, and it is only pre-district. Bellville will get better they always do.

Not going to relax, we have Sealy next week and I REALLY don't like losing to them. Year after year we start off way too slow and then start rolling come playoff time. Sure the playoffs are what counts but find me a team with a state ring that wasn't playing well by week 3 of the season? The fans deserve better. The Brahmas have been without are All State MLB and while I am sure that's not helping, it doesn't explain a 42-0 shutout. And don't get me started on the offense. This is the first time we have been shutout since 2010, the year we went 2-8...

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Stafford is really good these days but damn, bellville is not accustomed to getting stomped like that. No shame in losing to a better team but getting beat like that.... Ouch

Hard times in the pasture these days

zebrablue2
09-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Stafford is really good these days but damn, bellville is not accustomed to getting stomped like that. No shame in losing to a better team but getting beat like that.... Ouch

Hard times in the pasture these days

At least no one mentioned the D-S word:eek:

duckhunter
09-11-2016, 12:25 PM
I wonder if having 90% coaching turnover every year is starting to become a factor?

Losing to Stafford should never happen, no matter what kind of athletes they have. Most of those kids can't count to ten without using their fingers.

I agree with xman. Next weeks game against Sealy will tell a lot.

XMan
09-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Very true, Duckhunter. Shouldnt you be chasing teal? Whoever loses this week will be reeling. Bellville has new OC and DC this year I believe. That could be a part of the slow start. Rest assured, Bellville's coaches probably worked all day Sat. and Sun. to fix this. Heck, some of them might have spent the night up there. This could also be a reason for the high turnover. You can teach and not coach at Katy or Cyfair isd and make 5-10,000 more than coaching in the ville and you dont have to work all those extra hours. At some point, the tax payers may have to pony up if they want people to quit leaving. You get what you pay for.

Saggy Aggie
09-11-2016, 04:12 PM
I wonder if having 90% coaching turnover every year is starting to become a factor?

Losing to Stafford should never happen, no matter what kind of athletes they have. Most of those kids can't count to ten without using their fingers.

Lol cmon now....

This ain't the first time stafford stomped bellville. Anyone remember way back to 2015?

Stafford went 10-0 last year with wins over some quality teams like Wharton and el campo... To sit here and say they should never beat bellville is just plain dumb

Dogs_21
09-11-2016, 04:13 PM

I guess no one else will say anything but this comment is so immature and uncalled for. Your a sick ass and a disgrace to what this country stands for. Grow up and get a life.

MJMbrahmas10
09-11-2016, 07:37 PM
I agree dogs. I was very impressed with stafford a hospitality and class.

Scoop27
09-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Is Stafford the only Municipal school district in the state ? since they are not an indepedent ISD

Bull's-eye
09-11-2016, 08:44 PM
I expected Stafford to win the game, but not 42-0. IMO, I see a Bellville team that's not buying into the slot-t offense anymore. Has this offense become obsolete? So many high schools have opened up their offenses, especially the teams that participate in 7 on 7. I may be wrong, but I don't believe Bellville participates in 7 on 7. Even though they are a primary running team, 7 on 7 would be beneficial for their passing game & their pass defense. With so many teams running the spread, your defense would at least get more practice against the pass. An earlier poster talked about slow starts, the teams participating in 7 on 7 get extra practice & are usually ahead of teams that don't participate.

Watching the game, Stafford was stacking the run. Most of the time, all their defensive players were with in 7 yards of the line of scrimmage. Bellville was 0-6 passing & I believe all those attempts were on 3 down. Somebody please tell the OC that you can pass on first & second downs. Actually, Bellville ran the ball well, picking up 16 first downs. The problem was they just couldn't overcome a penalty or tackle for a loss when they can't pass the ball. Their first drive they marched down the field, but stalled with a penalty. Stafford runs 4 plays & they were on the scoreboard. I can see where this is very discouraging for the Bellville players. Most of the game you are winning the battles, but you are losing the war. Once this team gets behind, their offense doesn't know how to play catch up or run a hurry up offense.

duckhunter
09-12-2016, 09:45 AM
I expected Stafford to win the game, but not 42-0. IMO, I see a Bellville team that's not buying into the slot-t offense anymore. Has this offense become obsolete? So many high schools have opened up their offenses, especially the teams that participate in 7 on 7. I may be wrong, but I don't believe Bellville participates in 7 on 7. Even though they are a primary running team, 7 on 7 would be beneficial for their passing game & their pass defense. With so many teams running the spread, your defense would at least get more practice against the pass. An earlier poster talked about slow starts, the teams participating in 7 on 7 get extra practice & are usually ahead of teams that don't participate.

Watching the game, Stafford was stacking the run. Most of the time, all their defensive players were with in 7 yards of the line of scrimmage. Bellville was 0-6 passing & I believe all those attempts were on 3 down. Somebody please tell the OC that you can pass on first & second downs. Actually, Bellville ran the ball well, picking up 16 first downs. The problem was they just couldn't overcome a penalty or tackle for a loss when they can't pass the ball. Their first drive they marched down the field, but stalled with a penalty. Stafford runs 4 plays & they were on the scoreboard. I can see where this is very discouraging for the Bellville players. Most of the game you are winning the battles, but you are losing the war. Once this team gets behind, their offense doesn't know how to play catch up or run a hurry up offense.

I am not sure about this past year, but I do know for a fact Bellville has played 7 on 7 while Rowe has been at Bellville.

And I would like to apologize about my previous post in regards to Stafford, I should have kept that to myself.....Still Bellville shouldn't lose to Stafford except in basketball. I don't care what they did in 2015. Bellville's team was pretty good that year too if memory serves me correct.

OLE'BULL
09-12-2016, 05:42 PM

Ya that isn't a great assessment. Stafford has been strong lately and in my confidential pick 'em, I had them beating us. Though not like this.