PDA

View Full Version : Cutting to the Chase Cameron Vs China Spring - Friday Sept 9 Yoe Field

Rabid Cougar
09-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Discuss all the happening last night all you want. THE Game is upon us this week.

3A Div 1 #2 Cameron vs 4A Div #9 China Spring at Yoe Field.

Throw out the rankings. These two don't like each other. Last year former Cameron coach complained that he got a ref job. Well, its in Cameron this year.

I grew up in Cameron and live in China Spring. I could be Rabid Yoeman. My name is on one of the Monuments. I won't be there. YOU need to be there.

Come early, the stands will over flowing.

zebrablue2
09-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Gonna be a WAR, I'll take the Yoe in a thriller!!!

Rabid Cougar
09-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Cameron (2-0) Coming off a 69 - 31 win over 4 A Gatesville

China Spring (2-0) Coming of a 53 - 8 win over 5 A Huntsville

Bosqueville
09-03-2016, 11:50 AM
CS in a heck of a game!

Rocket Man
09-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Chinese Cats convincingly.

Yoe_09
09-03-2016, 02:15 PM
China Spring has probably been the most impressive 4A team through two weeks. The Cougars have destroyed both Lorena and Huntsville in their opening games. I personally believe this team will be at least 14-21 points better than any other team we play all season even if we get back to state. They were the top team we played last year and by all accounts look to be stronger in 2016.

Cameron's offense is going to be very difficult for most 3A teams to contain. Defense looked shaky in the first half last night, but the tradition continues of making adjustments and winning the 2nd half. Right now, we are a little banged up, but luckily nothing serious.

Yoe_09
09-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Results have been good for CS, and the film backs it up. At times, it looked like it was a varsity/JV game.

Rabid Cougar
09-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Results have been good for CS, and the film backs it up. At times, it looked like it was a varsity/JV game.

Against a Div 1 5 A. Of course Cameron makes their opponents look like that too.

Rocket Man
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Bump for Rabid

solocam
09-06-2016, 07:30 PM
China Spring in a close one

regaleagle
09-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Top of 4A vs Top of 3A......and the teams don't like each other, huh? It's in Cameron, too. But CS is on a mission to Mars this year......and appear to have the kind of team that could very well win every game this season. But it's too early for those kind of thoughts.......sounds like this game should be a GOTW in Texas high school football this week. Whatever happens on that field Friday night......I'm sure it will be a great game to attend. Everybody have fun and remember why we love Texas high school football so much........to see a matchup like this one. I did pick CS in the poll......but is there a favorite in this game??? And it's at Cameron.

dk1
09-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Man O Man I hate to miss this one. China seems to be ever improved on defense and improved on offense with a mobile quarterback. Cameron seems to have play makers all over the field, many who gave CS fits last year. Containment for CS defense will be the key. The D appears to be more sound with better pass coverage skills but lack that run down speed that they have had. It should be a great game. I would like to see the Cougs make a statement to the state with a 21 point win of which they are capable if the D can contain and tackle. A win at Yoes home of any kind will be sufficient. Go Cougs!

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2016, 11:01 AM
http://texashsfootball.com/texashsfootball-coms-week-three-game-week-china-spring-vs-cameron-yoe/

Yoe_09
09-07-2016, 11:03 AM
In the latest power poll, China Spring is #2 and is nearly in a tie with Carthage at number one. Cameron is number one in 3A. If China spring wins this game by 7 or more, there is a good chance they are number one next week.

Always in these types of games, the larger school has more to lose. If you win you should have, and if you lose, then how can you win at an elite level at 4A. It was the same way when we played Refugio in 2014/2015. Regardless, this game will make each team better moving forward into district and then into the playoffs.

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Again,if you are going be advised to get there early.

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2016, 11:15 AM
In the latest power poll, China Spring is #2 and is nearly in a tie with Carthage at number one. Cameron is number one in 3A. If China spring wins this game by 7 or more, there is a good chance they are number one next week.

Always in these types of games, the larger school has more to lose. If you win you should have, and if you lose, then how can you win at an elite level at 4A. It was the same way when we played Refugio in 2014/2015. Regardless, this game will make each team better moving forward into district and then into the playoffs.

I wouldn't call a loss to Cameron a big loss. Navasota got railed by Franklin and still in the Top 10.

Yoe_09
09-07-2016, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't call a loss to Cameron a big loss. Navasota got railed by Franklin and still in the Top 10.

Certainly. A loss here is not the end of the world. Really, it's about how you improve moving forward. That was the theme in 2014. We had a very rough start to the season, sitting at 2-4 and 0-1 in district. From that point on, we had a 491-203 scoring advantage and won state.

Gsquared
09-07-2016, 12:26 PM
As long as there are no major injuries, this game will make both better down the road. Not much of a downside in a pre district matchup like this.

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2016, 09:28 AM
http://www.texasredzonereport.com/2016/09/no-2-cameron-yoe-hosts-no-8-china-spring/

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2016, 09:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw37sEK6o_s

Rabid Cougar
09-08-2016, 12:49 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/texas-high-school-football-predictions-week-3/

LHPfactory
09-08-2016, 01:17 PM
China Spring by 2 to 3 TDs. Watch and see, its not gonna be as close as some think.

Bosqueville
09-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Freshmen China Spring 46 Yoe 36

Yoe_09
09-08-2016, 09:11 PM
JV Cameron Yoe 21 China Spring 8

Rabid Cougar
09-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Freshmen China Spring 46 Yoe 36

From what my Dad has told me THAT is a big thing..... except all of Cameron's Freshman studs are on the big team.

Rabid Cougar
09-09-2016, 09:16 AM
JV Cameron Yoe 21 China Spring 8

and that is not unusual.

Yoe_09
09-09-2016, 09:52 AM
From what my Dad has told me THAT is a big thing..... except all of Cameron's Freshman studs are on the big team.

Well, the best one is. Our starting RB has only ran the ball once this year so he had to move up and carry some of the load. He is only the second freshmen to play at the varsity level since 2010. The other was Luna. Great talent.

Bosqueville
09-09-2016, 08:29 PM
China Spring is bringing it!

Rocket Man
09-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Chinese Cats convincingly.

I just want to say I told y'all so.

Congrats to the Coogs!

Rabid Cougar
09-09-2016, 11:56 PM
Cs 63-13

Yoe_09
09-10-2016, 12:46 AM
I will never sugar coat anything...win or lose. CS totally dominated this football game. IMO, most impressive part of this team is the o-line and the running game. They have made people look extremely bad all season and that continued tonight. No doubt this CS team is better than last year. If I were being super state championship talk type of critical, the main thing CS will probably need to work on in fine-tuning the passing game. It's early and there is plenty of time to work on that.

For the Yoemen, this was obviously a disappointing performance. Did not start well as CS deferred to the second half and we decided to kick anyway. Defensively up front it was a mis-match. We had some busted coverage as CS scored on a couple of wide open pass plays and we did not field two kickoffs which gave the Cougars the ball twice inside our 40.

Really, we have to put this one behind us and move forward. The biggest thing next week I personally want to see is an energized and aggressive squad go out there versus Bay City. We can't let this linger.

Bosqueville
09-10-2016, 08:40 AM
As lopsided as it was, I believe Cameron will be a very tough out by playoff time as at times they moved the ball effectively and they have that look of being able to score at any time. And speed, speed, speed.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2016, 08:58 AM
I will never sugar coat anything...win or lose. CS totally dominated this football game. IMO, most impressive part of this team is the o-line and the running game. They have made people look extremely bad all season and that continued tonight. No doubt this CS team is better than last year. If I were being super state championship talk type of critical, the main thing CS will probably need to work on in fine-tuning the passing game. It's early and there is plenty of time to work on that.

For the Yoemen, this was obviously a disappointing performance. Did not start well as CS deferred to the second half and we decided to kick anyway. Defensively up front it was a mis-match. We had some busted coverage as CS scored on a couple of wide open pass plays and we did not field two kickoffs which gave the Cougars the ball twice inside our 40.

Really, we have to put this one behind us and move forward. The biggest thing next week I personally want to see is an energized and aggressive squad go out there versus Bay City. We can't let this linger.

I saw the special teams snafus last night on the wrap up shows. That is something that Cameron usually does to other teams, not do it themselves.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2016, 08:59 AM
As lopsided as it was, I believe Cameron will be a very tough out by playoff time as at times they moved the ball effectively and they have that look of being able to score at any time. And speed, speed, speed.

Well there was a 96 yard TD run by Dudik.... The visitors had speed too.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2016, 09:55 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/statement-win-china-spring-blisters-cameron-yoe-on-the-road/article_7683d295-f0b4-5e99-8c49-b093b838c279.html

Saggy Aggie
09-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Dayum!!! Did not see that coming... 50 points over yoe? Jesus

CS is definitely a legit contender this year. I will be making a trip to watch them play at some point no doubt

regaleagle
09-10-2016, 01:38 PM
I reckon some of them China Spring boyz are eating pancakes this morning, huh? Momma better git up and fix a big ol' breakfast for her little boy cuz he's gonna wanna et sum good vittles and celebrate this morning. Don't forget the pound of bacon, Momma. Can you pass me those eggs, Dad? Hey, Mom.....we got any more milk???

zebrablue2
09-10-2016, 03:30 PM
China Spring by 2 to 3 TDs. Watch and see, its not gonna be as close as some think.

Good call!!!

caleb_mccaig
09-11-2016, 03:33 AM
Was pretty shocked that the Cougs put a beating on Cameron that badly.

I haven't seen them play with pads on, only at State 7-on-7, but I was convinced that having Haigood at qb would hold them back. He isn't a true qb in the slightest, at least from what I saw at the tournament.

Good to see them rolling on all cylinders.

Will definitely plan on making it to a playoff game this fall barring Stephenville doesn't make a run themselves.

Yoe_09
09-11-2016, 04:57 PM
How many college commits does CS have? I believe someone upstairs saying like 11?

LHPfactory
09-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Yep, knew it..... CS is gonna be tuff this year, They are better than Waco LV.

caleb_mccaig
09-12-2016, 03:53 AM
How many college commits does CS have? I believe someone upstairs saying like 11?

Whenever I talked to Brian Bell at 7 on 7 the only one he mentioned with a D1 offer (SMU) was Tyrik James. We didn't get too deep into all of the college scene though.

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2016, 08:37 AM

One. LB Fulp to University of Louisiana - Monroe.

Army is recruiting RB Dudik

TE 16 is a junior. All the bigs are watching him.

Rabid Cougar
09-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Whenever I talked to Brian Bell at 7 on 7 the only one he mentioned with a D1 offer (SMU) was Tyrik James. We didn't get too deep into all of the college scene though.

He's the junior.