PDA

View Full Version : Celina 55 Argyle Liberty Christian 43

Celina8
09-03-2016, 07:15 AM
Celina defeated Argyle Liberty Christian last night with a strong rushing attack and over 400 yards in offense but still after taking a 28 to 7 lead in the third quarter Argyle made a strong comeback with an effective passing game to pull within 3 points early in the 4th quarter as the score was 34 to 31. Some key turnovers and a few dropped passes saved the Bobcats from what could easily been a 2 loss start to the season. Hopefully the Coaches continue to make the adjustments that are needed especially on defense as it seems they are still working out which players fit best on the defensive side of the ball. Our passing game also needs to see some improvement to help bring more balance to the offense. There is a lot of work for this Bobcat team and Coaching staff to be done and a few more loses would not be a surprise before we jump into District play.

buckeyebob
09-03-2016, 04:21 PM
We are seeing Argyle Friday night...hope we don't get lost trying to find the place...we will see what we can do with 'em.

Celina8
09-03-2016, 04:32 PM
We are seeing Argyle Friday night...hope we don't get lost trying to find the place...we will see what we can do with 'em.

I am pretty sure Celina meets up with the Eagles next Friday and with our defense struggling and passing game needing more work I just hope we show up and keep it a close game with no injuries.

waterboy
09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
I am pretty sure Celina meets up with the Eagles next Friday and with our defense struggling and passing game needing more work I just hope we show up and keep it a close game with no injuries.

Unfortunately, we won't be playing Argyle High. We will be in Argyle, however, playing Liberty Christian, the same team the Bobcats just played...

RPF2666
09-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Gonna be crowded in Argyle this Friday night!

Eagle Nation
09-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Everyone better eat before they get to Argyle or the two place to eat will be packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterboy
09-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Has the field at Liberty Christian been finished? I've been reading where the field may or may not be ready for Friday's game. Is there a contingency plan?

Eagle Nation
09-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Don't know on Liberty. I haven't been in that stadium even though it's down the street from me. I'll drive by there tomorrow and see if I can tell.

Caveman
09-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Everyone better eat before they get to Argyle or the two place to eat will be packed.

Go to Roanoke. 6 miles down the road and plenty of very good places to eat.

Caveman
09-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Take a look at this for restaurants in Roanoke. If you come in on 114 you'll go right through it. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g56555-Roanoke_Texas.html