PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Princeton

ynot
09-01-2016, 10:14 AM
How in the world does Celina lose to Princeton, word arouND town the last couple months was how this team was gonna be better than last years championship game team, from what I saw on friday that's a far cry. This season could get ugly real fast for the Bobcats, going into a season where the schedule was as soft as you could get other than Argyle the mighty Bobs could start off 0-3

waterboy
09-01-2016, 10:29 AM
How in the world does Celina lose to Princeton, word arouND town the last couple months was how this team was gonna be better than last years championship game team, from what I saw on friday that's a far cry. This season could get ugly real fast for the Bobcats, going into a season where the schedule was as soft as you could get other than Argyle the mighty Bobs could start off 0-3

Who does Celina play this week? I don't see them losing to Liberty Christian, so they won't be 0-3, in my opinion.

d0tc0m
09-01-2016, 12:08 PM

I'm surprised it took you this long to respond this predictably.

RPF2666
09-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Anyone 'around town' spreading that word isn't or wasn't paying attention... last year! That was a special group of seniors that included the best skill guys on offense (outside the QB), and the heart and soul of the team on the defensive side of the ball.

Celina may lose some games this year, but the losses won't be because the 'next group up' grossly underachieved!

d0tc0m
09-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Anyone 'around town' spreading that word isn't or wasn't paying attention... last year! That was a special group of seniors that included the best skill guys on offense (outside the QB), and the heart and soul of the team on the defensive side of the ball.

Celina may lose some games this year, but the losses won't be because the 'next group up' grossly underachieved!

Amen. One of the best crops of seniors to come out of Celina since the last state title team in 2007. Which, speaking of that, the following year, the Bobcats had three losses heading into the postseason and still managed to make their way into the state title game, and were a few breaks away from beating a phenomenal Carthage team. That opening week loss to a good Princeton team can be a positive thing if the coaches and players learn from it, adapt, make adjustments and improve. It certainly has no bearing whatsoever on how far this team can/will go in the postseason.